Laziness on a new level

Laziness on a new level

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Wow..just did the golem world boss…not only were people stacking at the end by the chest, but then they were portaling back up to the stairs if the golem knocked them over the edge….

IS this what ANet thought would happen when they redid their world bosses???

Laziness on a new level

Posted by: Renquist.9530

Renquist.9530

It’s visible in almost any aspect of the game… people just dont want to put effort in anything anymore.

Go do a champ train for a while, “champ trains in itself is a lazy way of doing stuff”, but be amazed about how many people just autoattack.

Staffwielding guardians who spam 1 really annoy me :s

Laziness on a new level

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

They are changing one boss at time. Teq was the first. Next is probably Shatter or Claw of Jormag. Eventually none of the higher level world boss would be farmable unless you get a coordinated guild / server group of like 100 people. Get your dragonites now while you can.

Laziness on a new level

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Well they just require some minor fixes. Let’s take golem, I too stay on the chest and spam GS 1 and 4 while doing some other stuff. Dunno why a mesmer uses the portal since they got stability … but nvm. The boss would be fixed so easy when the gun attack would affect a wider range so you can’t outrange the boss with 1200 range anymore. He should hit you between 1000 and 2000 range, and the static field between 0 and 1000, that would make him more interesting. Also faster attacks and he’s almost fixed.

There should be bosses who are able to take down with a few players, I do not enjoy Tequatl that much since it’s often not coordinated enough and that annoys me. Other bosses should get stronger but still doable like the Fire Shaman. However spamming aa isn’t the idea…

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Laziness on a new level

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Speaking of laziness, while spending time playing a video game

Also, when did acting in the safest and most efficient manner become a bad thing??? YOU can always run around in white gear if you like if you like suffering.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Laziness on a new level

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Would you feel better if people just stood at the edge of the stairs and moved back a foot if the lightning field happens to be in that one spot?

Btw eng can get on a different risen area using rifle and just toss nades from 1,500 range.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Laziness on a new level

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

They are changing one boss at time. Teq was the first. Next is probably Shatter or Claw of Jormag. Eventually none of the higher level world boss would be farmable unless you get a coordinated guild / server group of like 100 people. Get your dragonites now while you can.

If they change all bosses to be like the Teq fight(and I doubt they are), then they better up the rewards. Gaurunteed ascended piece of a stat combo of your chose. No if’s ands or buts. Infact, this suggestion going right into the CDI now

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Laziness on a new level

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

The boss would be fixed so easy when the gun attack would affect a wider range so you can’t outrange the boss with 1200 range anymore.

Not unless the gun does a lot more damage, as is it really doesn’t do much (my thief just stands it it due to the lack of range weapons) without any risk of dying. The electric floor though is deadly.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Laziness on a new level

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

ArenaNet bears some responsibility.

People will always exploit and cheese things for rewards, but adding ridiculous grinds like Ascended armor encourages it.

I never did champ trains until ArenaNet decided to make crafting from 400 to 500 so ridiculously expensive. I’ll admit to using Guardian staff cheese in Scarlet Invasions to mass tag mobs, as well as in karma trains in WvW (when our zerg was rolling over the enemy anyway so it didn’t matter).

Having said that, I still use all of my appropriate skills during champ train, not just autoattack, and use melee Guardian, not staff. I enjoy dancing around the Golem, avoiding the machine guns and electrical fields. I go melee in WvW in situations where it will actually help.

Still, with the atrocity that Ascended is, I have a hard time blaming anyone for trying to shortcut to rewards.

(edited by Gibson.4036)

Laziness on a new level

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I could stand on the chest and auto-attack for 5 minutes and get 1 rare and 15 dragonite…

or I could do it the “right” way and die to a single pulse of electricity, go from downed to dead in less than 1 second spend 20 seconds running back and then repeat the whole process again 30 seconds later and it will still take 5 minutes to kill him… no thanks…

Laziness on a new level

Posted by: Dafomen.7892

Dafomen.7892

Well I did the Golem boss “as intended” a few times but then got fed up with that super cheap insta-kill electro mechanic and thought to myself basically what ZudetGambeous wrote.

This won’t end well…

Laziness on a new level

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

As far as spamming 1 in champ trains, this is going to be dependent on the size of the train. When my home server was doing the FGS train, it was always small. If you wanted to down the champ in a reasonable amount of time you threw everything you had at it. That has completely died now on my server so I guest to TC or JQ, etc. Those are zerg trains, usually 20-30 people. If you’re hitting the champ for 20k per hit, you kill it before everyone has a chance to get there. So, you spam 1. That’s a courtesy to the other players who don’t have the fastest load screens.

I do the world boss train on weekends and it’s really quite boring for the most part. Jormag is the hardest boss and gives the crappiest loot…. go figure. Also agree that as long as “good” things cost hundreds of expensive mats and gold, the farming will not stop. I don’t want to take 4 years to make my legendary weapon, thank you.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)