Leaderboard API

Leaderboard API

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Any chance on an API, or info on how we can pull that data from the leaderboards? Be nice thing to add to our guild website, considering you can see who’s online and active.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Leaderboard API

Posted by: ajm.2931

ajm.2931

I doubt this would happen. (would be nice though) It would make it possible to grep total active player counts, server populations, etc. and I can see A.net not wanting that info available.

Obic – Tarnished Coast
Yak Cultist and follower of the Great Golem God

Leaderboard API

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

You’d have to wait for the Extended Experience update, which will focus on everything GW2 outside of the game. Next to WvW map updates, gear armory, plans are to include an API to pull data from their servers specifically for fansites to use. Mobile device support will also be available.

Leaderboard API

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I doubt this would happen. (would be nice though) It would make it possible to grep total active player counts, server populations, etc. and I can see A.net not wanting that info available.

You can figure all that info out just looking at the leaderboards now. You can also just yank the data right off the page too i suppose, it would work ok, just no the best way to do it. I’m only looking for our guilds roster data anyway, last earned achievement point says way more about player activity than the roster does.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Leaderboard API

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

Has anyone made anything like this yet?

Leaderboard API

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

You might have better luck over in the API forum

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/api