Leaderboard update?

Leaderboard update?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

“Everyone can now see where they rank relative to other players. Login to the leaderboards web site and you will see your percentile ranking as the top line of the leaderboard!”

Sooo I must be stupid because really I don’t see how this update compares me to other players. All I see next to my name is something like “90%” and not a ranking.
What exactly does this mean? Does it mean I am 90% of the way to the max number of achievment points (minus the repeatables) or does it mean I am the same as 90% of the other players? Why not just show my ranking number? Wouldn’t that have been more senisible for the morons of us out here? :P

Also what is the point of the filter option “By World” if you can’t use it. I mean you may select that option but there is no refresh button or anything to actually make it work and the page does not auto update when selected.

Good ideas here Anet but just bad implementation/information about how to use?

Ps – is it a me problem or a problem with your site at the moment as to why my cursor is sometimes disappearing and not flashing (blinking) at all? First time I think I have ever seen forum lag like this when typing messages anywhere…. really making things hard to edit I tell you what (and I never say “I tell you what” but felt compelled to do so for some strange reason :S).

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Leaderboard update?

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

The 90% is a percentile.

This means your score is higher than 90% of the playerbase.
Number rank is only given to the top 1000 players in the world.

Leaderboard update?

Paulytnz.7619

The 90% is a percentile.

This means your score is higher than 90% of the playerbase.
Number rank is only given to the top 1000 players in the world.

Oh okay that makes a bit more sense. But still I would have preferred an actual number. Also that filter by world option would be awesome to see just where you fall on your world.

Leaderboard update?

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I, too, am 90%. Yay, me?

The table is a fable.

Leaderboard update?

Karizee.8076

I imagine they went with percentile since ranking numbers would change so rapidly on millions of players.

If you are in the top 1000 on your world, your name is highlighted on the page. 25 ranks per page – just count it up

Leaderboard update?

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

So….when I logged in I didn’t have a percentile, just the number 276. Anyone able to explain how I might derive my percentile from that?

Serenity now~Insanity later

Leaderboard update?

Paulytnz.7619

So….when I logged in I didn’t have a percentile, just the number 276. Anyone able to explain how I might derive my percentile from that?

I would say above 90% :P

Leaderboard update?

Paulytnz.7619

I imagine they went with percentile since ranking numbers would change so rapidly on millions of players.

If you are in the top 1000 on your world, your name is highlighted on the page. 25 ranks per page – just count it up

Umm no this is what I’m saying it is not showing the top 1k by world only. It is ONLY showing the top 1k players amongst ALL worlds.

Leaderboard update?

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

I’m also part of the 90% club,

Leaderboard update?

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

I have 80% on PvP and Achievements, that means 20% of players are worst than me, right?

Leaderboard update?

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Umm no this is what I’m saying it is not showing the top 1k by world only. It is ONLY showing the top 1k players amongst ALL worlds.

You can filter the worlds.

Leaderboard update?

Karizee.8076

Oh, lol – when I said world I was talking about the planet Earth in the grand all encompassing universe like way

Leaderboard update?

Pennry.9215

Oh, lol – when I said world I was talking about the planet Earth in the grand all encompassing universe like way

There are other planets that play GW2?!

Leaderboard update?

Paulytnz.7619

Funny it’s not working as I am assuming intended (just like this site in general what with this cursor lag thing!). Please do tell how you are getting it to work and show the top 1k people for your world.

Leaderboard update?

Pennry.9215

Funny it’s not working as I am assuming intended (just like this site in general what with this cursor lag thing!). Please do tell how you are getting it to work and show the top 1k people for your world.

First time I filtered I got some top 125. Just did it to recount to be sure and it’s 1k.
EDIT: So definitely not acting right.

(edited by Pennry.9215)

Leaderboard update?

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

We are the 99%…

…wait.

Leaderboard update?

Paulytnz.7619

First time I filtered I got some top 125. Just did it to recount to be sure and it’s 1k.

I see. Well I select the “world” option and the page just sits there doing nothing. No other option to refresh the page or anything to update it so I guess it’s just another broken thing. As I said – good idea tho.

Leaderboard update?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Funny, the world select option works for me. I choose ‘World’ and a different dropdown box appears, and from there I choose my server/world. The list then shows me where I am amongst all my server/world-mates.

Leaderboard update?

Paulytnz.7619

Funny, the world select option works for me. I choose ‘World’ and a different dropdown box appears, and from there I choose my server/world. The list then shows me where I am amongst all my server/world-mates.

:( I might have to log out then back in again as funny things are happening for me such as typing cursor issues here etc.

Hopefully that fixes it, thanks for the info.

Leaderboard update?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I hope that works for you, as I have no floaty cursor problems on the forums, either. Good luck. =)

Leaderboard update?

Paulytnz.7619

Meh still no change lol. Maybe it’s super slow to load or something depending on where you are in the world? I don’t even see the page have a loading icon thingy. Nope sir just plain dead for me.

As you can now see for yourself…

Attachments:

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Leaderboard update?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Maybe reloading your browser, or a computer reboot. Sometimes, things get stuck and wonky, and they need a good restart. Again, good luck. =)

Leaderboard update?

Posted by: bewhatever.2390

bewhatever.2390

I see. Well I select the “world” option and the page just sits there doing nothing. No other option to refresh the page or anything to update it so I guess it’s just another broken thing. As I said – good idea tho.

Same experience here. I do not have Java installed on my client (for obvious reasons, if anyone is current on computer security). Is that possibly the reason?

Leaderboard update?

Paulytnz.7619

Same experience here. I do not have Java installed on my client (for obvious reasons, if anyone is current on computer security). Is that possibly the reason?

Hmmm shouldn’t think so. I must have Java as I used to play that Runescape crap which is a Java game….

Leaderboard update?

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

90% here too… im not totally sure why anyone wants to know where they rank on a server but ok.

Leaderboard update?

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

I’m also 90%. So where are all the non-90%ers?

Leaderboard update?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m in the top 1000, so I’m not a 90%. lol

Leaderboard update?

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

I’m in the top 1000, so I’m not a 90%. lol

Haha, fair enough. I was really wondering about all the people under 90% though. :P

Leaderboard update?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

This list stops somewhere in the 80% range. At least, it does for me. Or did for me, maybe it goes further now.

Leaderboard update?

Paulytnz.7619

So I see with the maintenence they have now also added a filter by “guild” option. However neither of these still work for me, anyone else having these problems? sigh