Leap skills almost always missing.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zyaph.4873

Zyaph.4873

So I’ve noticed when I played a Ranger with a sword, and Warrior with a sword, that when I use their leap skills (monarch’s leap and savage leap), about 85% of the time I end up missing the attack unless I’m right up in their face (for savage leap). I’ve made sure I’m in range, and most times it looks like I over-jump and end up missing. Also, leaping from lower or higher terrain always misses. Just wondering if this is a bug, or am I just impossibly horrible at leaping skills.

Posted by: Chesham.6249

Chesham.6249

Yeah, I often miss the actual hit on my warrior. I just use it for the mobility of it though, I don’t really care whether it hits or not, as long as it puts me in the right area.

Posted by: Echo.7634

Echo.7634

Theif ->Dagger MH-> #2 attack seems to miss an aweful lot too.
Its not a large leap. But even when in melee range is will miss.

Edit:
Guardian Greatsword #4 will miss ocasionally too. But its not nearly as bad as the thief dagger skill.

Posted by: Zyaph.4873

Zyaph.4873

Yeah, I often miss the actual hit on my warrior. I just use it for the mobility of it though, I don’t really care whether it hits or not, as long as it puts me in the right area.

I use it for the distance closer too on my Warrior, but being able to be so mobile on my ranger while throwing in conditions and damage is so fun for me. It just kinda ruins the moment a bit for me when I see a big MISS after I leap in.

Posted by: Burai.4370

Burai.4370

On the bottom of a skill, there is a red bar. If you have a target selected, the red bars will indicate whether or not your skill is in range. If there is no bar, then your skill is in range. If there is a red bar, then your skill is not in range of the target, and will not hit.

Posted by: FlamingBirdy.3164

FlamingBirdy.3164

On the bottom of a skill, there is a red bar. If you have a target selected, the red bars will indicate whether or not your skill is in range. If there is no bar, then your skill is in range. If there is a red bar, then your skill is not in range of the target, and will not hit.

That’s not the issue. Playing Guardian, my #4 leap skill will sometimes miss the target. This happens more frequently when I’m at higher terrain than my target (my character overjumps and lands past them), but occasionally on level or lower terrain as well. The leap just doesn’t aim well :/

Posted by: Shadowgloom.1279

Shadowgloom.1279

That’s great except that my Guardian will usually swing his sword above the creature then land on top of them. I only tend to hit creatures that are either right next to me or above me. If I am 3 or more steps away from them the jump and swing is above their head. It’s pretty annoying really.