Least represented class?

Least represented class?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Elbows.8461

Elbows.8461

Was just wondering what people know/suspect the least played class to be.
I’m trying to choose my class, and I always enjoy playing the underdog.

Least represented class?

Posted by: PCanineBrigade.4916

PCanineBrigade.4916

Engineer.
/moreletters/

Least represented class?

Posted by: captaincrash.6528

captaincrash.6528

Definately the Engineer. Then probably Necromancer or Ranger?

Crash ~ Charr Reaper

Least represented class?

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

They are pretty evenly balanced I would say – but according to this engineer and necro are the least represented – or just those who own these characters don’t like to enter census data

http://gw2census.com/charts.php?pie=total÷=charprofession

Also, whilst this is a fun site to play around on I don’t know how up-to-date the data is as it seems to have been around since before launch.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

(edited by Lexy.3912)

Least represented class?

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

Engineer. Not even welcome to anything. Especially WvW. I’ve been told to leave WvW cause quote " We need a Class that has some uses and engineer has none" Unquote.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

Least represented class?

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

The rarely spotted engineer…

Its a novelty now seeing one in game…

Least represented class?

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Engineer. Not even welcome to anything. Especially WvW. I’ve been told to leave WvW cause quote " We need a Class that has some uses and engineer has none" Unquote.

You’ve got the wrong guild then. While engineer is indeed underrepresented, it is a very flexible profession (not class) with a whole lot of tools. They’re more like the GW1 mesmer. Hated by PUGs, loved by more skilled players.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Least represented class?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Shame too, cause I love my engie. lol

Least represented class?

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

Engineer.

I was starting to love my engineer, but this last patch killed the class for me.

Absolutely killed it.

Even for COF P1&2 I’d be tempted to kick an engineer from my group, even if it was a guildy. They just bring nothing to the party. The Kit Refinement nerf was that devastating.

In WvW I can only pray that they are spamming confusion, but honestly, since the last patch I think I’ve seen one, maybe two, in WvW, none in groups.

I basically forget that they even exist until someone posts a thread like this.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

Least represented class?

marnick.4305

Shame too, cause I love my engie. lol

I’m actually waiting for a mesmer-style buff patch, making an already powerful (yet difficult) profession incredibly overpowered.

Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Least represented class?

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

I’m going to add another vote for Engineer, I hardly ever see them.

Necro and Rangers are rare above level 45, but highly common at low levels. I see a lot of these classes (especially Ranger) at lower level but they drop off quite a bit at higher levels.

Engineers seem to be as rare as it gets at every level range.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

Least represented class?

Posted by: Nachtz.4930

Nachtz.4930

Thiefs and warriors

</troll>

Least represented class?

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

They said the classes are quite balanced not long ago. The gw2census charts confirm that. They’re monitoring class activity just like everything else, if there was a dramatic shift, they’d know there was something so severely broken that it needs a hotfix.

PS: that was not an invitation to start crying how broken your class is. Especially considering some classes are better in different aspects of the game (PvE/WvW/PvP/Dungeons).

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Least represented class?

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

i see few necros andrangers too

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Least represented class?

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I see Engineers and Necros the least.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Least represented class?

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

Engineers have tons of uses in WvW, every class does anyone who says or asks this should be ignored.

as for least represented? I would say necro or engineer there the the classes i see least of all however when i do see one of these two classes they are generally playing the class pretty kitten well.

Least represented class?

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

^ a lot of us rolled every class, so those census things don’t mean much to me.

Some bot might see my engineer in LA and think that I actually play that class, when in reality I’m just crafting something for my thief to wear, alt farming super adventure box, or checking to see if Jormag is up.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

Least represented class?

Posted by: MrInfinit.1864

MrInfinit.1864

^ a lot of us rolled every class, so those census things don’t mean much to me.

Some bot might see my engineer in LA and think that I actually play that class, when in reality I’m just crafting something for my thief to wear, alt farming super adventure box, or checking to see if Jormag is up.

Maybe you’re right, but there’s not much to go on other than sites like that or “what you see”. Based on that, I’d be inclined to believe whatever I see on the sites over someones opinion based on what they see in LA or events. But if I had to base least represented on what classes I see most/least during events and in chilling in LA, I’d say Mesmers and Engineers.

Least represented class?

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

Engineer and necromancer seem to be the least satisfied with their profession, but I still see plenty of them in-world.

User was infracted for being awesome.

Least represented class?

marnick.4305

I’m going to add another vote for Engineer, I hardly ever see them.

Necro and Rangers are rare above level 45, but highly common at low levels. I see a lot of these classes (especially Ranger) at lower level but they drop off quite a bit at higher levels.

Engineers seem to be as rare as it gets at every level range.

My ranger had a severe drop in damage output around lvl 50, wasn’t funny. I’m currently 61 and done with him. He’s just a craft alt now.

Least represented class?

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

Engineers can be pretty kitten good in lower number pvp (5 or less people party), but they are bad in pve and for that reason are the least played.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

Least represented class?

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

I’m gonna say Necromancer. I have seen maybe 2, ever.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Least represented class?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I see many Engineers in the world and when I’m on my Engineer I always give them a double jump to say hi.
The class I see least is Mesmer- while I was leveling up my main (mesmer) I think I saw 2 the entire time- now when I hear the signature sound my immediate reaction is where where?
They do seem more popular now than at launch.

Gunnar’s Hold

Least represented class?

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I see Ranger the least. When ever doing PUGs an Engineer or Necromancer joins before a Ranger.

I have to say Engineer is more useful than Ranger in PvE. I do decent damage with my Bomb/Tool Kit build from what I’ve tested

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Least represented class?

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Engineers are awesome in pvp, some of my best fights in wvw have been on my engineer.

It is NOT newbie friendly though, which is probably why you don’t see many. Warriors are just auto-attack heroes so you can get a good performance without much skill :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Least represented class?

Aeonblade.8709

Engineers are awesome in pvp, some of my best fights in wvw have been on my engineer.

It is NOT newbie friendly though, which is probably why you don’t see many. Warriors are just auto-attack heroes so you can get a good performance without much skill :p

And if you really wan’t easy mode play a staff/mace&shield guardian. You literally can’t die if you know what you are doing lol.

Least represented class?

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I do find engineers and necros to be the rarest classes in PVE and sPVP. In WvW, I can’t really check, but they appear to be quite rare there as well.

Which is… unfortunate. Necros are boss in WvW, and I love my engineer for PVE and sPVP.

In WvW, Marks are the most awesome thing in the world. AoE landmines + area denial + long range makes them be a force to be reckoned with when both attacking a keep and defending it. Targeted wells make seiging incredibly dangerous, and epidemic melts faces. Signet of the locust provides a cheap and readily available speed boost for traveling quickly as well. One of my favorite things to do is, while attacking a tower or keep is lay down all my marks at my position, then use spectral grasp to yank someone off the wall into the marks. If the group I’m with isn’t incompetent, they’ll focus on the now disabled enemy and we all get a free kill.

Although I hear Engi’s have a pretty boss setup in WvW that involves stacking might and confusion, I don’t have the equipment for that, so I use the engi mainly for PVE. And in PVE, the engi is incredibly useful. First and foremost, their AoE damage is incredibly high. Whether using the bomb kit or the grenade kit or the pistol with coated bullets or the rifle, every press of a button fills the screen with numbers. But the main thing that gets me about the engineer is all of the tools and tricks they have. Anyone with enough sense to buy all of the utilities will find that, regardless of build, there is always a setup somewhere that can get through any situation. They have blocking skills, evading skills, perma vigor, perma swiftness, boons, condition cleansing, projectile reflecting, combo fields AND combo finishers out the wazoo, every damaging condition, vulnerability stacking, plenty of heals, a ton of controls, AoE targeted rez, the best immobilizes in the game, and when specced right incredibly high crit rate. When I ran rampagers for awhile, adjusted for fury and target the weak I had a 90% crit rate. The scary thing is how much of all the above an engineer can do with a single utility set up, let alone a single build. There is not a single problem in PVE that an engineer can’t solve with all of their tools. Well… there is one problem: they don’t have any boon removal.

In WvW, seeing a warrior is incredibly rare, and they are also uncommon in sPVP, too. So it isn’t just the engineer and necromancer that aren’t getting love.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Least represented class?

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Engineer are the rarest according to the census. Though lately I’ve seen more of them than ever, and while Necro & Rangers were quite popular back near launch, they’re now almost extinct. Anyone think it has to do with pet/minion AI and the profession’s dependency on them for damage output?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Least represented class?

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I love my engineer.

I don’t love the nerfed kit refinement. If they want to help engineers they need to buff those duration times. Literally having magnetic aura last .2 seconds is a joke. Also that global cooldown 20s way too high.

(edited by TexZero.7910)

Least represented class?

Posted by: PrinceCola.5620

PrinceCola.5620

Always wanted to try an Engineer, but people say it is hard to play :p puts me off the class xD

Least represented class?

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Engineer
Necromancer
Ranger

Pretty much that order

Least represented class?

Posted by: dinominator.9862

dinominator.9862

Engineers can be pretty kitten good in lower number pvp (5 or less people party), but they are bad in pve and for that reason are the least played.

I don’t agree that they’re bad in PvE. I play mine in PvE mostly and I get along fine. It’s just not an easy-button class that lets you steamroll through an area of mobs. You have to actually try to mitigate damage by dodging and you know, thinking on your feet. It’s not enough to just play whack-a-mole with your 1-5 abilities as they come off of cooldown.

Least represented class?

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

You want to not be allowed in any groups? Play a Necro or an Engi

Least represented class?

Aeonblade.8709

Pretty much this. This is the main reason the classes are dying, because people realized why bring the B team heroes when you can have the first string?

Least represented class?

Khyber.2693

Pretty much this. This is the main reason the classes are dying, because people realized why bring the B team heroes when you can have the first string?

Personally, I think they wrongly have a bad rep. But the fact of the matter is most groups are very elitisy and only let guardians/warriors/mesmers/and sometimes elementalists in their group. Its stupid to be quite honest, but it is fact, people are idiots.

My advice? Pick a necro if you must, they arent desired, but people dont call them trash like engis and rangers. Even though engi looks like one of the funnest classes in the game…

Least represented class?

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

Personally, I think they wrongly have a bad rep. But the fact of the matter is most groups are very elitisy and only let guardians/warriors/mesmers/and sometimes elementalists in their group. Its stupid to be quite honest, but it is fact, people are idiots.

My advice? Pick a necro if you must, they arent desired, but people dont call them trash like engis and rangers. Even though engi looks like one of the funnest classes in the game…

As someone who plays all classes and who runs tons of dungeons…they don’t have a bad rep. They really REALLY suck compared to the other options. The damage and utility either one puts out cannot compare with the damage/utility of any of the other classes. Why take an engineer when you can take a warrior? They do FAR more damage(likely several times more) and have just as much, if not more, utility.

Mesmers brings more utility, better damage, and supports the team better.
Thieves do FAR more damage and still have more useful utility.
Guardians…are you seeing my point yet?

Engis and Necros(Rangers too) need buffs. Badly. You don’t need to read the forums or listen to people in-game to simply play and see that they are severely weak.

Least represented class?

Posted by: Coserak.7360

Coserak.7360

I have a lvl 80 guardian and warrior and now im working on a necro. I love playing this profession and i main necro in pvp. The crappy minion ai sucks but that isnt what makes he class. necros control conditions, they have many abilities to throw conditions from themselves to others and then spread them to everyone else. I am not 80 so i dont know how hard it is to get in late game groups but i would recommend the necro.

Least represented class?

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I pretty much never see Engineers any where. I recently made a necro, and I’m going back to different starting areas and they are everywhere. I mean… everywhere. I was travelling in the Norn starting area and there were four of us in a “group” doing an event and we were all necros.

But I really never see Engineers, and next so far would be mesmers.

Least represented class?

Khyber.2693

As someone who plays all classes and who runs tons of dungeons…they don’t have a bad rep. They really REALLY suck compared to the other options. The damage and utility either one puts out cannot compare with the damage/utility of any of the other classes. Why take an engineer when you can take a warrior? They do FAR more damage(likely several times more) and have just as much, if not more, utility.

Mesmers brings more utility, better damage, and supports the team better.
Thieves do FAR more damage and still have more useful utility.
Guardians…are you seeing my point yet?

Engis and Necros(Rangers too) need buffs. Badly. You don’t need to read the forums or listen to people in-game to simply play and see that they are severely weak.

Im going to be one happy necro if they buff us. Its a skill issue mainly. But yes,We are a bit weaker. But not by a huge enough margin for people to start treating people badly for playing a class.

Least represented class?

Khyber.2693

I pretty much never see Engineers any where. I recently made a necro, and I’m going back to different starting areas and they are everywhere. I mean… everywhere. I was travelling in the Norn starting area and there were four of us in a “group” doing an event and we were all necros.

Low level zones =/= high level zones

When you reach level 30 you will be swimming in guardians and warriors.

Least represented class?

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

I keep trying to hit things over the head with my rifle on my engineer but it just keeps making this ‘boom’ sound for some reason. So I’ve gone back to meleeing on my warrior/guardian/thief/ranger/necromancer/elementalist/mesmer. :P

(A guildie told me flamethrower is a bit like melee, but it still doesn’t let me whack them upside nor downside or even rightside the head).

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

Least represented class?

dinominator.9862

I keep trying to hit things over the head with my rifle on my engineer but it just keeps making this ‘boom’ sound for some reason. So I’ve gone back to meleeing on my warrior/guardian/thief/ranger/necromancer/elementalist/mesmer. :P

(A guildie told me flamethrower is a bit like melee, but it still doesn’t let me whack them upside nor downside or even rightside the head).

Have you tried the Engineer’s Toolkit (wrench, pry bar)?

Least represented class?

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I romp around WvWvW on my engineer mostly and I love it though I don’t recall seeing many other engys, either ally or enemy(lots of guards, thieves and eles though!).

Engineer are the rarest according to the census. Though lately I’ve seen more of them than ever, and while Necro & Rangers were quite popular back near launch, they’re now almost extinct. Anyone think it has to do with pet/minion AI and the profession’s dependency on them for damage output?

I know it’s part of the reason I stopped playing my fully geared out Ranger, it’s annoying enough being saddled with kitteny pets that you must micro manage even worse when you play another class and and see the upsetting amount of damage and utility they can churn out with the press of literally a couple keys.

Whispers with meat.

Least represented class?

dinominator.9862

I know it’s part of the reason I stopped playing my fully geared out Ranger, it’s annoying enough being saddled with kitteny pets that you must micro manage even worse when you play another class and and see the upsetting amount of damage and utility they can churn out with the press of literally a couple keys.

See for some people that’s reason enough not to play those classes such as Warrior. Is it fun to destroy everything in your path with just the 1-5 abilities? Sure, once in a while, there’s a certain satisfaction from it. It gets stale quickly though when you realize you’ve been cheating yourself out of the challenge that you paid for.

I guess at the end of the day the game has to have something for everyone, so they probably will leave Engineer just as it is.

Least represented class?

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Engineer or necro
I,d say necro, cant remember the last time i fought a necro in wvwvw, see engineers quite often.

Least represented class?

Posted by: Alex Caputo.7863

Alex Caputo.7863

Engi probly, alot of my guildies dropped them after that patch. And whats all this hate towards rangers? I do a MASSIVE amount of DPS with mine. I say i can handle myself pretty well, you just gotta learn with what you are confortable with and youll start ripping everyone to pieces, like all other classes.

thehappybeard
Guild: Gotta Stomp Em [All]
Sea of Sorrows

Least represented class?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Engineer. This will continue until one of two things happens.

1. ANet lets go of their design philosophy for the class, which states roughly, “Engineers pay for their versatility by giving up the possibility for high damage.”
  2. ANet changes the game so that damage does not trump anything else.

Least represented class?

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

Low level zones =/= high level zones

When you reach level 30 you will be swimming in guardians and warriors.

I just reached level 30 this morning, so I look forward to seeing a little more variety and being the oddball. :P