Leaving for Wildstar? (not a QQ thread)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Superfast.5901

Superfast.5901

Just curious is all. Pretty much my entire guild is hyped up about it. I figured I’d try it once it goes F2P, or if there’s ever a trial edition released, or whatever.

So is the hype around Wildstar warranted, or what? The last I saw this much hype about an MMO, it was for Guild Wars 2. Hell, I feel like the Wildstar hype has surpassed GW2’s.

By the way, if a mod decides to delete this, could you at least be professional about it and point me to the correct off-topic forum on this site where we are free to discuss non-GW2 related things? Thanks.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Haven’t those people already left for ESO, and the correct question is : who leaves ESO for Wildstar ?

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Haven’t those people already left for ESO, and the correct question is : who leaves ESO for Wildstar ?

Who stayed with ESO lol.

Wildstar is a gear grind raid game a lot like WoW so that type of person will go there so i do not think wildstar will hold GW2 players all that long its P2P (it can be F2P too if you use the in game money to buy time i guess.) So more then like its WoW that going to get hit hard not GW2 players that group got level 80 on day one and full exotic on day one and quit on day 2 because they need endless gear grind to keep there attention.

That kind of the thing most of the “core” mmorpgs players want endless vertical progression they have been told by past mmorpgs even rpg to be in this mind set.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

Posted by: kult.3465

kult.3465

The same people who bounce between every over hyped MMO.

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I like GW2 more than wildstar. I honestly have grown to love the heart system instead of a log book. I also hate all the ground effects in wildstar, it is overwhelming. They have an open beta right now.. and I play it a bit but I am still not far because I get bored with it! I also am just spoiled on not having to pay a monthly fee. I doubt I will ever go that route again unless the game just is amazing to me. I just hope that GW2 gives me some kind of expansion soon. I would love to have a new area with hearts and jumping puzzles to explore.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Played it, it’s alright, does some few things better than GW2. But not worth leaving GW2 over, and certainly not worth the obviously rigged against casual players monthly payment plan system.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

Archeage will own Wildstar. PVPer’s delight to be a pirate :-)

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

By the way, if a mod decides to delete this, could you at least be professional about it and point me to the correct off-topic forum on this site where we are free to discuss non-GW2 related things? Thanks.

One does not exist. Might be nice to have one. However I can see why they don’t.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I haven’t seen it being hyped up, the few people that I’ve seen play it on twitch didn’t get too excited about it.

The game I’ve seen people raving about is ArcheAge.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

What I love about GW2 is not having to “leave” to try other games too.

Posted by: Thala.2801

Thala.2801

I forget what it was, but something recently caught my eye about Wildstar. My interest rose as I looked into it, and that interest very suddenly plummeted when I saw the traditional purchase + subscription model. It’s been proven plenty of times over that modern MMOs don’t need to follow this archaic model to succeed, and I just can’t see myself supporting such practices these days.

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

What I love about GW2 is not having to “leave” to try other games too.

Pretty much this.

GW2 won’t lose out for the simple premise that you don’t actually need to subscribe to it. I could literally take a 3 month hiatus (which I did), and come back and catch myself up quickly.

It’s nice to be able to not worry about paying 15 a month, thus feel the need to get my money’s worth. Instead I can go and do some Hearthstone or Counter-Strike or that $3 game from Steam sale!

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

It is a decent game, but there is too much to be desired for me to leave GW2 for it.

For starters, the tutorial is just bad. It took me three characters to make it through because I couldn’t find a character running animation that didn’t drive me crazy. The quests are meaningless and I’m not aware of the actual story. It seems there are so many quests/events that even at level 11 I became overwhelmed and simply called it quits. There’s also the fact that gear is largely crafted (not sure if this is bad) and you don’t unlock crafting until level 10. I had a level 4 weapon since level 4 until I could make something better.

I traveled to the main Exile hub Thayd to use the trading post (wtf, really) and found out there were really no items lower than level 15. The fact that I can’t use trading posts anywhere but main cities bothers me as traveling is so slow w/o mounts. Definitely miss the WP system in GW2.

Overall the game is really not that bad but the hype definitely isn’t warranted. The game is a huge grind, quests are meaningless, the UI is incredibly cluttered and I just feel frustrated playing it. It is hard to imagine paying $15 a month for this game with the additional $60 box price. I don’t even have a problem paying that subscription fee but the game has to be worth it, and, honestly, Wildstar isn’t.

CD

Posted by: Moderator

These forums are for discussion of Guild Wars 2 only. If you wish to discuss other games, such as Wildstar, please take the discussion to another forum.