Legendaries?

Legendaries?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rikimo.2650

Rikimo.2650

Does anybody knows when Anet going to make new legendaries?

Legendaries?

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Anet will never directly tell you when. We know that they were planned for fall 2013 but that got pushed back. Reasonable to expect them in March.

Legendaries?

Rikimo.2650

Ugh that would be interesting to see looking at the same legendaries a lot is kinda tiring, but
It does shows respect either way. But I learned me looking at people with legendaries wouldn’t show their level of play most of
Them I see just die quicker than others :/

Legendaries?

Vol.7601

Ugh that would be interesting to see looking at the same legendaries a lot is kinda tiring, but
It does shows respect either way. But I learned me looking at people with legendaries wouldn’t show their level of play most of

the heck is that supposed to mean?

Legendaries?

Rikimo.2650

Nothing you’ll see what I mean one day

Legendaries?

Rikimo.2650

It’s probably irrelevant at the moment. Or is it?

Legendaries?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Vol probably meant that your sentences don’t make any sense.

see looking?

I suppose you mean that it would be interesting to see new legendary because the old one are getting well old.

I don’t get the : ‘’It does shows respect either way’’. Context pls.

The next sentence you mean what?? Maybe you mean that a legendary don’t mean you are a good player and you see bad player with legendary??

I suppose English is not your first language. Its not mine either but pls that was hard to read and don’t even make sense.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Legendaries?

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Anet will never directly tell you when. We know that they were planned for fall 2013 but that got pushed back. Reasonable to expect them in March.

Do you have a source for that?

I was thinking of making a couple more legendaries but may just hold out for the new ones if they are happening in March this year.

Legendaries?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Seeing Twilight everywhere is getting rather old. Regardless, they put in the effort to make it so +1 to them. However, even terrible players have legendaries, so having one to show off is meaningless.

Hopes for a legendary that requires an ounce of skill, rather than a legendary farm.

Legendaries?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I was thinking of making a couple more legendaries but may just hold out for the new ones if they are happening in March this year.

Just common sense.

Someone working towards a legendary now might hold off and not pay for gems to get gold to buy the precursor or the mats if they knew that at X date, there are new ones coming out.

But it’s coming in the future with no defined date isn’t as likely to stop people from making the legendaries they are already working on.

You yourself just proved why they don’t release a specific date, at least not until they are closer to being right on top of it. Because a certain percentage of players who want legendaries will open up their wallets.

Legendaries?

J Eberle.9312

I feel like you just didn’t answer my question and went on a tangent about other obvious things that I’m not asking about.

I am asking where the source is for March.
If it’s just his guess I’d like to hear it from the claimant. Thanks.

Legendaries?

Vol.7601

Sorry I mispoke. The actual March quote pointed out that they would be taking a break after the last release for S1, which would be March 4th. After that point, there would be a content drop, but it’s unclear if it would happen sometimes during March or even April.

As for whether or not new legendaries would come, that’s speculation on my part. But the fact that they planned to release them in Fall 2013 (based on the Fall 2013 blogpost) means they should have at least half to 3/4 of the work done by now.

Legendaries?

Vol.7601

Seeing Twilight everywhere is getting rather old. Regardless, they put in the effort to make it so +1 to them. However, even terrible players have legendaries, so having one to show off is meaningless.

Hopes for a legendary that requires an ounce of skill, rather than a legendary farm.

Well that can be applied to any type of player holding any type of weapon, from blues to ascended. The inclusion of legendary in that comment doesn’t make any sense.

Legendaries?

J Eberle.9312

Sorry I mispoke. The actual March quote pointed out that they would be taking a break after the last release for S1, which would be March 4th. After that point, there would be a content drop, but it’s unclear if it would happen sometimes during March or even April.

As for whether or not new legendaries would come, that’s speculation on my part. But the fact that they planned to release them in Fall 2013 (based on the Fall 2013 blogpost) means they should have at least half to 3/4 of the work done by now.

Alright, thanks kindly. ^_^

Legendaries?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I feel like you just didn’t answer my question and went on a tangent about other obvious things that I’m not asking about.

I am asking where the source is for March.
If it’s just his guess I’d like to hear it from the claimant. Thanks.

Misinterpreted what you needed a source for.

March may be too soon. I’m thinking March for precursor stuff. Then later on for the new legendaries. Give time for those working towards original legendaries to get them before releasing new ones that they may want more.

But I’m just guessing.

Legendaries?

Vol.7601

Here is the specific blog post dated July 18
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/

“We aren’t quite ready to go into all the details here, but what I can say is you will see a specific way to build precursor items on your way to a legendary. On top of this, you’ll also see new legendary weapons and new types of legendary gear in 2013. Building your precursor will require a large amount of the new crafting material rewards listed above, 500 in crafting, and likely a combination of other items earned for completing more specific content in the game.”

Then in September during PAX (I think), Matt Visual conducted a lengthy interview with Colin on new legendaries. Colin hinted that the next batch of legendaries would be trinkets, but he emphasized backpieces.

Legendaries?

J Eberle.9312

Ah, so they may not even be in the form of weapons.

Legendaries?

Vol.7601

Ah, so they may not even be in the form of weapons.

It’s all semantics.

Either:
On top of this, you’ll also see new [legendary weapons and new types of legendary gear] in 2013

or

On top of this, you’ll also see new legendary weapons and [new types of legendary gear in 2013]

Legendaries?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Well that can be applied to any type of player holding any type of weapon, from blues to ascended. The inclusion of legendary in that comment doesn’t make any sense.

In a game where cosmetics were supposed to be the end game, where dungeon armor was originally portrayed as being for coordinated groups and that wearing these cosmetics were a sign of your accomplishments, all of this has failed. Anyone that has played for a year can make a legendary, making the point in having one to show off meaningless.

Only the yellow and above SAB skins and the Liadri mini give a glimpse towards the player’s true accomplishments. Everything else so far can either be bought or carried.

Legendaries?

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

I’d rather have them take time to make them awesome then to create a mediocre weapons and then 3 months later upgrade their graphics. It makes them look bad releasing unfinished stuff.

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~