Legendaries

Legendaries

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GenerationX.9178

GenerationX.9178

I taken up the challenge of making legendaries few times now. I decided I would try the one Shining Blade to add to my collection. This is my first HoT legendary and honestly never really did much in HoT. I was expecting it to be difficult and all course, everyone knows it’s not possible to turn back once you start a legendary. I didn’t realize I would have to max every mastery just to be able to obtain the unlocking of legendary gift which then need to spend 800 each map currency. I have to rank up 4 masteries to Max and I bearly done any of them. 2/6 or 2/5 max. I honestly think the requirement of max masteries to by gift is just outrageous. If your just getting back into HoT or just starting. If you been at the PvE content since lauch the struggle isn’t to bad. Max Mastries isn’t only thing outrageous to me. The map account bound oils and crystal and such you have to obtain 250 of by collecting. Not sure if I am only one kind dishearted but honestly I can grind threw legendary like the originals but they were lot more friendly on the amount of PvE and didn’t have weird mastery requirements. The material required for the HoT legendary feel is double the effort of the original legendaries. I think maybe anet asumed players been at it while and would have the materials required and makes since if you are active HoT PvEr but if your not oh your in for heck of ride. Reducing some masteries requirements and material possible?

Generation [ RH ] [ EC ]

Legendaries

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I taken up the challenge of making legendaries few times now. I decided I would try the one Shining Blade to add to my collection. This is my first HoT legendary and honestly never really did much in HoT. I was expecting it to be difficult and all course, everyone knows it’s not possible to turn back once you start a legendary. I didn’t realize I would have to max every mastery just to be able to obtain the unlocking of legendary gift which then need to spend 800 each map currency. I have to rank up 4 masteries to Max and I bearly done any of them. 2/6 or 2/5 max. I honestly think the requirement of max masteries to by gift is just outrageous. If your just getting back into HoT or just starting. If you been at the PvE content since lauch the struggle isn’t to bad. Max Mastries isn’t only thing outrageous to me. The map account bound oils and crystal and such you have to obtain 250 of by collecting. Not sure if I am only one kind dishearted but honestly I can grind threw legendary like the originals but they were lot more friendly on the amount of PvE and didn’t have weird mastery requirements. The material required for the HoT legendary feel is double the effort of the original legendaries. I think maybe anet asumed players been at it while and would have the materials required and makes since if you are active HoT PvEr but if your not oh your in for heck of ride. Reducing some masteries requirements and material possible?

Should they just make a semi-legendary tier instead?

Legendaries

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

It makes sense that HoT legendaries are associated with HoT content. So I have no issues there. The only thing that is worrisome is once PoF is released it will be harder to do some of the events in the HoT maps for the legendaries. I recently made chuka and champawat and it was a pain in the ass to get that Blighted tree event done. Nobody like to do it even now.

Legendaries

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Ah the old “I want the shiniest of shinies but I don’t like how much effort it takes”. They’re called Legendaries for a reason.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Legendaries

Posted by: DirtyDan.4759

DirtyDan.4759

Oh no! I have to play the game in order to get a legendary weapon! What a bummer! You don’t even have to play every aspect of HoT (Raids).

Legendaries

GenerationX.9178

Ok I know effort I have done map completion in GW2 4 times and Just because I am not full time PvE player doesn’t mean won’t put the effort in. I have 8 legendaries I know the struggles but my problem is the masteries. I love how people assumed you just wanted a shiniest of shinies but I don’t like the effort.

Generation [ RH ] [ EC ]

Legendaries

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Ok I know effort I have done map completion in GW2 4 times and Just because I am not full time PvE player doesn’t mean won’t put the effort in. I have 8 legendaries I know the struggles but my problem is the masteries. I love how people assumed you just wanted a shiniest of shinies but I don’t like the effort.

By the time you get the masteries done, you’ll have a lot of the mats you need too.

Legendaries

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

You asked for a reduction on the masteries and materials which are a part of the effort required. That kinda proves as much.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Legendaries

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Maxed this long before 2nd generation of legendaries were introduced, its really your own fault of not researching what you need to craft it.

Legendaries

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I farmed up enough mats for 10 of them and wrapping up getting the mats for the rest. None of those are that difficult to obtain. In fact, the airship oil is incredibly common and I’ve started to trash them.

The requirement to have maxed HoT map masteries is reasonable. You don’t have to do world completion and the unlock is a one-time thing.

Legendaries

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Funny how the couple of measly masteries and currencies are an issue for you but not the aproximately 3,500 gold which are currently required for The Shining Blade.

For future referance, use gw2efficiency to research what exactly an item needs you wish to craft.

Legendaries

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The only reason I think Gen2 (esp the first 5) feel like extra effort is that there aren’t any shortcuts. Gen1 legendaries can literally be purchased directly, as can all of their materials (except for Icy Runestones + Mystic Clover). In contrast, Crystalline Ore has to be gathered (and farmed, if you want it sooner than “eventually”). That’s even without considering that there’s only one way to obtain a Gen2 precursor (again, especially for Gen2.1 legends).

But, as Ayrilana & Cyninja have said, it’s comparable effort.

tl;dr can’t agree with the OP.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Legendaries

GenerationX.9178

Ok guessing was just different from what i am use to. I also just found out the masteries are account bound. Which makes effort more worth it to. I guess just need little explanation

Would be cool if people could explain reasoning not just call me yo lazy. Everything other then the lazy comment s has help. Thanks for the positive feedback though

Generation [ RH ] [ EC ]

(edited by GenerationX.9178)

Legendaries

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Ok guessing was just different from what i am use to. I also just found out the masteries are account bound. Which makes effort more worth it to. I guess just need little explanation

Would be cool if people could explain reasoning not just call me yo lazy. Everything other then the lazy comment s has help. Thanks for the positive feedback though

The quickest way to get mastery points is by doing the easy adventures which will vary from player to player. All of the strongboxes and insights are fairly easy. LS3 episodes provide a lot of easy mastery points but you’ll have to buy them if you don’t have them.

XP is incredibly easy to get with episode 4 as the leather farm in Lake Doric provides a lot of XP.

Legendaries

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Seriously man, masteries are just farming XP and some points, load up on boosters if you have them, get haloween foods and utilities and go play, you’ll max them out in no time at all.

Legendaries

GenerationX.9178

Already will do, been getting good 1-2 in after work. Will get there then can swing my achievement around hahaha

Generation [ RH ] [ EC ]

Legendaries

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Already will do, been getting good 1-2 in after work. Will get there then can swing my achievement around hahaha

Right, just do a little at a time; there’s no rush (despite the new expac coming out son). People who hurry seem to end up burning out on the game and/or don’t really get a chance to enjoy their new shiny.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Legendaries

Posted by: ClockworkRaja.1732

ClockworkRaja.1732

Crafting a Legendary Weapon/Armor is not for the fainthearted., they take time an dedication. I’m working on my first (Frostfang) and just spend about a week doing WvW so that I could get just one piece I needed (Never really done much before) and now I am getting ready to start doing fractals so that I can get a couple of other bits I need as well as to get gold to purchase some of the things I can’t craft or find.
So while I understand it is a major undertake, just know that not everyone even tries (I’ve been playing off and one since day one and I’m just starting my 1st!) LOL
Good luck to you, and like they said take your time. It’s a marathon not a 100 yard dash!

I came, I saw, I was very confused