Legendaries: An Alternative Idea

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

For me, obtaining a legendary is really about who is willing to spend the most money. What should be a reward for being a legend

Below is my alternative idea for how legendary weapons should be obtained.

1. Word Completion

Players who have taken the time to explore every nook and cranny of the world should be rewarded for their endurance and persistence.

Reward: Gift of Exploration

2. Complete Achievements

Like the dailies, players should be able to choose from a list of achievement tasks. For example, a player might really like jumping puzzles, and dungeons. So, once they’ve completed all of the achievements they’re rewarded.

This would allow players, casual or hardcore the ability to work towards their legendary by playing the game and experiencing new things.

Reward: Achievement Scroll

3. Be a legendary hero

People who can just buy things don’t often understand what it means to earn something. In GW2, players should be rewarded for being heroic. Give the players the option to choose how they become a hero. This could be done by doing a certain number of heart quests, or healing a certain number of players.

It could also be done by obtaining “up votes” from players who feel the actions of a player is worthy of it. This would mean that to obtain a legendary, you must be legendary.

Reward: Hero’s Gift

4. Final Quest

Obtaining a legendary should be a legendary task. An epic conclusion to weeks, months, or even years of work. In the end, with rewards in hand, players should have to embark on an epic quest that will take them through a grueling and exciting story.

Once completed, and the boss has been destroyed, a mystic forge awaits you where by combining the rewards, you are presented with your choice of weapon. But, choose carefully, for you only get one.

For me, this would make legendary weapons something to behold. Seeing one on the back of a player would show that they truly experienced Guild Wars 2. It wasn’t about how much good they had, or how many gems they purchased. It wasn’t about how many alts they used to grind ancient wood, or how lucky they were with the mystic forge. It was about an epic quest.

Thoughts?

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

How about just make it a grind so 50% of players won’t leave?

Posted by: Deadcell.9052

Deadcell.9052

This has all been debated a million times since launch and I 100% agree with you, but seems ANet is happy with the whole only people who have good RNG and like to grind gold should be able to get a legendary. Its sad it really is, I personally hate the current system and won’t take part in it, when obtaining a Legendary becomes about actual display of skill and ones achievements I will be more than happy to accept the challenge, till then, No Thanks!

Posted by: Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Because grinding is boring.

Posted by: KorbanDallas.7389

KorbanDallas.7389

I like the idea of using already in-game achievements to tie into a legendary, if for nothing else but a particular skin (since no titles are gotten for such things as killing 5,000 people with your sword, it’d be nice to see something tied to it somehow).

That being said, I also figure that this would be better off in the suggestions forum.

}——————————-{
http://avsla-gw2.blogspot.com/

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

Because grinding is boring.

And 90% of palyers do it in this game, cause i don’t really see much Arah or high lvl fotm runs as i see Fire ele pre event, Maw 2 min…