Legendaries [[Questions, lots of them]]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Hello, my name is Fortus, Im fairly “new” since I bought the game before release but didnt get into it until now, so i lvl 35 still.

Before I start, I would like to know if there is a ACTIVE and POBLATED PvE Guild who focuses on Dungeons and WvW on the Gate of Madness Server.

I have been doing a lot of research but I’ve become even more confused; I want to get a Legendary weapon, not any weapons, but the staff (because Elementalists is my profession) and the Sword. First http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eternity, does the footstep thing is a bug or actually meant to be this way?

Secondly, I heard that before getting there I needed to farm A LOT and get Skill points, which are given after lvl 80 after “leveling-up”, now, im having issues just getting to lvl 80 myself, so im guessing getting at least 200 skills points will takeme an ETERNITY, so I do not understand how so people already have those legendaries. I asked a question to someone but they told me you can do “Fractals” . I made my research and didnt find anything helpful about fractals, here is one of the many places i looked into: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists

Am I missing something? If there is people with those weapons and people selling them already, how did they do it? How can I get one? I dont mind expending a lot of effort, but I dont wanna be farming for an entire year to get one, only to find out there was an easier way to do it. I dont wanna hae the weapon the hard way by the time that everyone else have it as well without any effort. Please someone enlight me in how to get one the most effective way as possible.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

You will get over 200 skill points from getting 100% map completion, which you will need to do as well. You can also use google to search for the recipe to any of the legendaries, the info is quite established and abundant, nowhere near the way it used to be with speculations and guesses.

Good luck in your endeavours.

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Thank you Aoshi, I did google and thats why I came here, I couldt find helpful information about fractals there, I know the receipt, thats not the issue, the issue I have its getting the stuff, and I want to find out how so many people have them already; how to get it the soonest as possible.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Aoshi.4785

Its no worry. Ive done a ton of studying up on it. In fact, I am going for Twilkight, and the one page I keep going back to is the official GW2 wiki, it details each item, tells you where to get it, and how to get it. Pretty linear.

The reason I am guessing they suggested ractals is that you can get decent amounts of karma by running them, and the chance to break down exotics for globs of ecto. Ecto is expensive and you will be needing lots of them, and you will need roughly around 1mil karma (525000 for one gift, the rest to Zomorros towards your Clovers).

Make sure to do your dailies, save your liquid karma jugs for one big push, then burn a karma booster and put up karma banners from your guild (if you have them) to increase the karma you get from each jug.

You will get there, it will just take a while. Maybe a LONG while, lol.

Cheers.

Posted by: Rainu.6871

Rainu.6871

Another reason people suggest fractals is that you can also buy the mat you need from the fractal vendor instead of having to spend karma (or more likely, to fill out what you didn’t have karma for). You can also buy skill points with the fractal tokens but that’s a waste of tokens IMO.

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

The requirements and mats for Legendary weapons are seriously stupid, and need to change. I have alot of older MMo friends who refuse to even touch GW2 because of the intense grind required for them ~ I’m about to make a post about it actually.

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

Aoshi.4785

Legendaries are optional, and in no way an integral part of the game. I am guessing they don’t want to play for some other reason?

Posted by: Kacigarka.5176

Kacigarka.5176

The requirements and mats for Legendary weapons are seriously stupid, and need to change. I have alot of older MMo friends who refuse to even touch GW2 because of the intense grind required for them ~ I’m about to make a post about it actually.

Did your friends also refused to live real life, eat and sleep because requiremets to buy Bentley, Ferari, big mansions are also seriously stupid?

Really?

Legendary weapons are the most prestigue, unique and rare weapons in game. They are only skins and they are ment to be crafted by small portion of players (5%)

By the way, good luck with your post. You gonna see a lot of hate

You should go out and try another mmorgs out there, some of them require you to play for 3-5 years to gain the best looking weapon, or armor in-game.

Legendary weapons in Guild Wars 2 are easy compared to other mmorpgs unique weapons. I already saw few players with 2 or 3 legendaries. Myself having Legendary hammer, The Juggernaunt and now almost dont with The Predator, rifle.

Legendary weapons are NOT MENT TO BE CRAFTER BY EVERYONE. They are not end-game goal. They are just SINGLE WEAPON crafted skin. If your friends plays mmorpgs for ONE single skin, than they must crazy or something.

(edited by Kacigarka.5176)

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Kacigarka.5176 – One does not play for the skin, but for what it represents.
Myself, will soon own a 2nd as well.

1+1 = potato

Kacigarka.5176

Kacigarka.5176 – One does not play for the skin, but for what it represents.
Myself, will soon own a 2nd as well.

For what it represent ?

So there you have it .. players want Legendary weapons for what it represent. Legendary weapons represent most unique, rare, best looking weapon in the game.

If you make them easy to obtain, they wont represent ANYTHING anymore. Because everyone will have one. No thank you

So your friends wants Legendaries to be easy ‘’for them’’ but want them to be super rare to everyone else … cool

Players like them dont deserve to have Legendaries ever. As you said, you already have Legendary, I have one and there are hundereds of players with one or two. These players who works for it, they deserves it. NOT your friends who are lazy to put the effort in.

Legendary weapons are not end game of Guild Wars 2. If players refuse to play the game just because they dont have Legendary weapon, then who cares … because these players careonly about is showing off, not playing the game. And I cant even imagine how much they must fail in real life when they have such complexes to show off in games.

Aoshi.4785

It’s all relative, the skin is representative of the achievement, both a means to an end.

Going for my Twilight, not sure if I will be able to stomach going for TWO, lol.

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

Hackers own legendary weapons, and should be banned imho. Don’t think so? how about some of the players who got some of the first legendarys a few weeks after launch? What about many of the current playerbase of non-legit players using bots? That doesn’t happen right? So don’t go preaching about hate, Legendarys are a stupid e=peen method which is just simply making the game more bot and hack ridden.

For the most part, Legendary items wasn’t really a problem until ascended items appeared.

Get it taken down -

Kacigarka.5176

Hackers own legendary weapons, and should be banned imho. Don’t think so? how about some of the players who got some of the first legendarys a few weeks after launch? What about many of the current playerbase of non-legit players using bots? That doesn’t happen right? So don’t go preaching about hate, Legendarys are a stupid e=peen method which is just simply making the game more bot and hack ridden.

For the most part, Legendary items wasn’t really a problem until ascended items appeared.

YOU CANT disable/restict something just because there might be FEW players/people that abuse the system.

It would be like if you didnt allow people to go out from their houses just because some of them could kidnap, kill, rob someone. THIS IS NOT how things works.

You should NOT ask developers to disable legendary weapons trading, you should ask them to BAN those who hack or buy golds from gold sellers.

Aoshi.4785

Your other post has you calling for making them easier to make, and above you call them stupid kitten items. So, do you want a legendary, or do you want a stupid kitten weapon?

Which is it going to be?

Kacigarka.5176

Your other post has you calling for making them easier to make, and above you call them stupid kitten items. So, do you want a legendary, or do you want a stupid kitten weapon?

Which is it going to be?

You are talking about me ? If yes ..

I never wanted Legendaries to be easyer to obtain, I ALWAYS said they are okey how they are now. Infact they could be even harder to craft.

If you dont mean me, then sorry

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I have a legendary and have enough liquidity to go for a second one. Feel free to report me if you think I hack.

Getting a legendary isn’t meant for casuals. Only for those who are determined enough to go after it. The process to get one is fine as is.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Aoshi.4785

Nope, I was talking to TsukasaHiiragi.9730 They kittened out p e e n othewise it would have been more obvious who I was replying to.

I read just fine, thanks.

(edited by Aoshi.4785)

Aoshi.4785

I have a legendary and have enough liquidity to go for a second one. Feel free to report me if you think I hack.

Getting a legendary isn’t meant for casuals. Only for those who are determined enough to go after it. The process to get one is fine as is.

Completely agree.

Kacigarka.5176

Nope, I was talking to TsukasaHiiragi.9730 They kittened out p e e n othewise it would have been more obvious who I was replying to.

I read just fine, thanks.

sorry then but ye agree with you, they are optional and I dont understand why players complain about them

@Vol agree

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

Just sit at a zone entrance for 10 minutes, or even better at a Ori node for 10 minutes and tell me your not shocked at the amount of botters that’ll appear, and how many of those are hackers and not just bots? There is a difference after all ~

The other problem is like Vol said, Because its so long after launch, it is near impossible to tell the legitimate owners of Legendary from the hackers or gold buyers. I posted a few months ago that for $30, you could buy 100g, if you used anet you would be lucky to get 30g for that $30.

The entire setup for right now, is just wrong.

Get it taken down -

Aoshi.4785

Didn’t say I don’t fathom botters and such. Never once. But I am also not letting that get in the way of my game, and they way I want to play it, either.

Firegoth.6427

Just sit at a zone entrance for 10 minutes, or even better at a Ori node for 10 minutes and tell me your not shocked at the amount of botters that’ll appear, and how many of those are hackers and not just bots? There is a difference after all ~

The other problem is like Vol said, Because its so long after launch, it is near impossible to tell the legitimate owners of Legendary from the hackers or gold buyers. I posted a few months ago that for $30, you could buy 100g, if you used anet you would be lucky to get 30g for that $30.

Players like you scare me.
So anyone that afk in entrance is a bot? or just stands there for a moment and waypoint?

Get a grip.

1+1 = potato

Kacigarka.5176

Ban hackers,etc- … problem solved, No reason to complain about Legendary weapons here.

Go complain about hackers, gold buyers, bots.

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

Don’t make me frap a video of all the bots appearing, you can easily tell these are bots. I even had a few guildies check to make sure even I was seeing things, these are clear examples of bots appearing at the zone entrances for a split second, so fast most of the time you only see a brief glimpse of them.

@Kacigarka Dont you see though is that the hackers etc, are contributing to the problem with legendaries to begin with? Many of these bots are tagged players.

Get it taken down -

(edited by TsukasaHiiragi.9730)

Aoshi.4785

Yes, they are port hackers. It’s been an issue for some time now. Usually naked.

Firegoth.6427

Maybe instead of being a sheriff and chasing hackers and botters, you should focus on your own legendary.

Not once whenever I roamed, did events or just gathered, did I even bother to follow bots around or even report them, it is not my kittening job to keep the game clean of them. And in those 5 mins of jerking around I could actually do something more productive for myself.

1+1 = potato

Kacigarka.5176

Don’t make me frap a video of all the bots appearing, you can easily tell these are bots. I even had a few guildies check to make sure even I was seeing things, these are clear examples of bots appearing at the zone entrances for a split second, so fast most of the time you only see a brief glimpse of them.

@Kacigarka Dont you see though is that the hackers etc, are contributing to the problem with legendaries to begin with? Many of these bots are tagged players.

I dont see any problem with legendaries

Posted by: Defora.3694

Defora.3694

I have been doing a lot of research but I’ve become even more confused; I want to get a Legendary weapon, not any weapons, but the staff (because Elementalists is my profession) …

Staff is also my chosen legendary. I created picture of what I need to make things a bit more clear for me. I will add it here.

I asked a question to someone but they told me you can do “Fractals” . I made my research and didnt find anything helpful about fractals, here is one of the many places i looked into: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists

You need Obsidian Shards for legendary and you can get those with karma or with Fractal Relics that you get from fractals. People may have suggested fractals to you due good amount of salvageable stuff you get from there, but please note that to get legendary you still need to do much more than just run that instance.

I know this will take time. I just go slowly and do not grind myself silly. After all, what is the point of having legendary if you hate the game after non-stop grinding.

This is what you need for legendary staff (same stuff is on picture, I just collected everything here)

Farm or buy from Trading Post:
250x Globs of Ectoplasm
750x Pile of Crystalline Dust (3 stacks of 250)
250x Pile of Radiant Dust
250x Pile of Luminous Dust
250x Pile of Incandescent Dust
250x Vial of Powerful Blood
250x Powerful Venom Sac
250x Elaborate Totem
250x Vicious Fang
250x Armored Scale
250x Vicious Claw
250x Ancient Bone
250x Unidentified Dye
100x Opal Orb
1x Superior Sigil of Nullification

Things you need to get/do personally:
500x Shards of Zhaitan from Arah
500x Badges of Honor for Gift of Battle from WvW
100% World Completion for Gift of Exploration
100 gold for 100 Icy Runestones (from vendor)
200 Skill Points for 1 Bloodstone Shard
525 000 karma or 3750 Fractal Relics for 250 Obsidian Shards

77x Mystic Clover ~ gamble part
The Mystic Forge has a chance of producing Mystic Clover, using:
1 Obsidian Shard
1 Mystic Coin
1 Glob of Ectoplasm
6 Philosopher’s Stone (Skill Points)

The Mystic Forge has a chance of producing 10 Mystic Clover, using:
10 Obsidian Shards
10 Mystic Coins
10 Globs of Ectoplasm
10 Crystals (Skill Points)

Assuming that both recipes have the same chance to produce clover, the average cost to obtain a single clover:
3 Mystic Coins
3 Obsidian Shards
3 Globs of Ectoplasm
1.82 Skill Points

So the average cost of 77 Mystic Clovers would be:
231 Mystic Coins
231 Obsidian Shards
231 Globs of Ectoplasm
141 Skill Points

Attachments:

Necromancer | Elementalist | Mesmer | Thief || Gandara

Posted by: Sinergy.6374

Sinergy.6374

Dont forget the recipes. Arnt they like 10g each? I have the 250 of each dust for the gift of energy. But I now have to level up my artificer. If you are just atarting out I would start with mystic clovers. I did dungeons a couple a night for like two weeks. At the end of the day I would put all gold I made except for 1g which I would keep to get around and repairs. The rest would be for ectos and mystic coins. The skill points would be the slowest part. I used a level 40 thief alt to run around and get skill challenged around lower level maps for my final push.

Posted by: Sinergy.6374

Sinergy.6374

Do the 1x clover, not the 10.

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

Make sure to do your dailies, save your liquid karma jugs for one big push, then burn a karma booster and put up karma banners from your guild (if you have them) to increase the karma you get from each jug. Cheers.

This is good advice, agreed. I started a Legendary recently and so far it’s kind of fun – lots of running around. I’m not too keen on WvWvW – its not bad but you have to pick it up yourself since asking for advice just gets responses of ‘l2p noob lulz’ from 13 year olds. Also, some of the jumping puzzles are a pain since my char is maximum size Norn and they do NOT jump well. The rest is fine.

Other games have much more challenging routes to Legendary/Relic weapons (eg FFXI, WoW) and in those games I always felt I missed something by not getting one. By comparison, GW2 is pretty forgiving. Nice to finally have the chance to obtain one.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.