Legendaries on the TP with sigils?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Avectius.3271

Avectius.3271

Don’t you need to account bound a legendary weapon before you can add any sort of upgrade components to it? If an item’s account bound it can’t be put on the TP for sale, right? Cause I was browsing it a couple hours ago, and saw Eternity with a sigil of bleeding (or whatever it was) already in it. Does it mean the owner tampered with it? What about its stats? Were they already chosen? Cause I’ve been saving up for a legendary, and when I finally pour thousands of gold into the TP, I’m expecting a weapon that I can select stats for and account bind for myself.

How does the whole thing work?

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

If it’s on the TP, it’s unbound. I’m not sure how you would apply a sigil without binding the weapon, but it’s certainly safe to buy.

As to the stat selection thing, that also will bind the weapon, but it’s not a one-shot thing with legendaries. You can freely reselect stats out of combat.

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

sigil of leeching is the default sigil for eternity. Stats are not chosen because they are not bounded yet.

But with legendary, stats can be changed any time when out of combat.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Avectius.3271

Avectius.3271

sigil of leeching is the default sigil for eternity. Stats are not chosen because they are not bounded yet.

Oh, so I suppose that’s why it had the sigil. Though can one remove it? I plan to add two different sigils to it when I get it, so how would I go about removing the one it comes with?

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Oh, so I suppose that’s why it had the sigil. Though can one remove it? I plan to add two different sigils to it when I get it, so how would I go about removing the one it comes with?

You overwrite it, like every other weapon. Or use an upgrade extractor.

Kitten.