Legendaries what needs nerf and what doesn't

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: thewaterguy.4796

thewaterguy.4796

I know I know a few billion of these but before you rage at me please hear me out here guys

First the components of a legendary:
The 3 gifts are NOT a problem so don’t complain about those they do take awhile but they are obtainable alright so people that are complaining about those shut up

The precourser:
This is a problem

Yes alot of people have legendary weapons, No I don’t want everyone to have a legendary so early, BUT my guess is most people I see around that have legendaries got their precoursers early on when the game was just starting and back when it was obtainable

The precourser NEEDS fixing because no matter how good you are at gold farming you won’t be able to keep up with rising price, and Im glad that ANET is working to make it easier to get precoursers

Feel free to agree or disagree with me on this one guys just go for general discussion

also if this thread needs moving move it wherever

thanks guys

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

It certainly is “legendary” when you can buy it off the trading post isn’t it!!??

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I think the only change they really need to make is to up the rate of drop for precursors a bit more/add more places with a small chance to get precursors.

Something where you can buy the more sought after ones for 300g or so.

Fortunately it looks like, while we won’t be getting the scavenger hunt any time soon, they seem to be looking to add more places where they can be obtained. I’m sure they’ll still be rare and very expensive, but maybe not in the 600g range anymore.

thewaterguy.4796

It certainly is “legendary” when you can buy it off the trading post isn’t it!!??

Lolz exactly when I saw that legendaries were on the trading post I facepalmed so hard

(edited by thewaterguy.4796)

thewaterguy.4796

I think the only change they really need to make is to up the rate of drop for precursors a bit more/add more places with a small chance to get precursors.

Something where you can buy the more sought after ones for 300g or so.

Fortunately it looks like, while we won’t be getting the scavenger hunt any time soon, they seem to be looking to add more places where they can be obtained. I’m sure they’ll still be rare and very expensive, but maybe not in the 600g range anymore.

Yes its a great Idea if it was down to 300g-400g and stayed there for the more sought after ones
then that’s obtainable or if it cost roughly 250-350g to get one via the mystic forge or you could find one by farming a certain area (which it sounds like they are doing) that would be awesome

(edited by thewaterguy.4796)

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

They have discussed implimenting a scavenger hunt type method for crafting the precursors. But don’t hold your breath; it won’t be comng anytime soon sadface.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I know I know a few billion of these but before you rage at me please hear me out here guys

First the components of a legendary:
The 3 gifts are NOT a problem so don’t complain about those they do take awhile but they are obtainable alright so people that are complaining about those shut up

The precourser:
This is a problem

Yes alot of people have legendary weapons, No I don’t want everyone to have a legendary so early, BUT my guess is most people I see around that have legendaries got their precoursers early on when the game was just starting and back when it was obtainable

The precourser NEEDS fixing because no matter how good you are at gold farming you won’t be able to keep up with rising price, and Im glad that ANET is working to make it easier to get precoursers

Feel free to agree or disagree with me on this one guys just go for general discussion

also if this thread needs moving move it wherever

thanks guys

I grinded out the 420g that it cost for me to buy my Dawn. Why can’t you?

I did it hardcore over a week and a half. If you don’t want to grind you can get it in a month.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

I did it hardcore over a week and a half. If you don’t want to grind you can get it in a month.

A lot of people can only play a few hours a day, if that, and not necessarily everyday. Let’s say you can play two nights during weekdays for an hour, then 2 hours on sat and sun for a total of 6 hours a week. At your estimated 3.5g/hour, it would take 20 weeks to get a precursor. And that’s only half the battle.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

just don’t worry about it, you don’t NEED the legendary. if its unobtainable then don’t bother. Not really an issue here

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Rate/chance of precursor materials need a buff or remove DR/RNG mechanic – with RNG, remove the chance of getting nothing or garbage.

I would rather gather 5-10x more with 100% chance each time than hope that everytime I press the loot button on a fallen mob it will give me something usefull – especially considering DR is always lurking about.

This road trip needs to be shortened or give more roads to the goal. Right now, there are crucial elements that are being hampered by either the TP or RNG/DR – eg. ectos, mystic clovers.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

They’re working on a precursor scavenger hunt, not sure what more you want.

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Honestly, leave current legendaries alone, you don’t have to make one because they give literally no bonus apart from feeling superior to all the peasants who don’t grind as much as you. I will agree that they are rediculous to make and any future legendaries should require skill as well as patience to make. However, nerfing them would reduce the prestige which will kitten off people who already have one.

Still don’t understand why dungeon master isn’t a requirement for one.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

(edited by Writetyper.1985)

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

A lot of people can only play a few hours a day, if that, and not necessarily everyday. Let’s say you can play two nights during weekdays for an hour, then 2 hours on sat and sun for a total of 6 hours a week. At your estimated 3.5g/hour, it would take 20 weeks to get a precursor. And that’s only half the battle.

So is there anything wrong if alot of people(casuals) take 10 months to make legendary(going by those estimates)?

Legendaries are common enough as it is without the scavenger hunt and it’ll be alot easier when they do implement it.

Posted by: Ojike.3179

Ojike.3179

Well it should be hard getting a legendary.. I dont think that the prices are to outrageous, really.

Go throw some items in the mystic toilet and hope for a precursor instead.. :P

Legendaries are items of worth, so it should take time and effort to get it.

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

just QQ, this thread shows nothing else.
You have to realise that you can grab precursor from moneymaking machine(what you c all mystic toilet). That aside, precursor was the easiest part of my legendary. I spent just 250 G crafting my dawn.
And according to people talk THAT was pretty unlucky.
Amount of time killed on gift of mastery(coupled with gift of fortune clovers)… it was ridiculous. So much skillpoints. Gift of sunrise price – around 500 G I guess.
So go go go. precursor is the easiest part, and you still complain about it.
Although it’s pretty true that it’s quite sad that you can’t obtain it reliably yourself.
But GL&HF farming 100 charged lodestones by yourself. Pretty much the same thing.

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

They already have a scavenger-hunt thing planned to make precursors easier.

With that in the works, here’s what really needs fixing.
-Charged Lodestones need a higher drop rate (or at least Charged Cores do, so we can farm them and forge the Lodestones)
-Magic Clovers need to stop being RNG based

It’s all the RNG that makes forging a Legendary item seem so ridiculous.
I feel if there’s anything that you can’t consistently work on even when you only play 1 hour a day, it should be made easier.

Many casual players, who only play 1~2 hours a day, can’t be running CoE 5 times a day in order to get only 1 Charged Lodestone. That rate of progress is absurd.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Legendaries should take about half a year to a year to get depending on activity. So it’s working as intended imho. I’m going for one myself. I don’t expect to get it yesterday though.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Going for the Hammer after making Twilight. Just play the TP for making around 10-20g/day. What ist wrong with waiting 2 months till you get the 500g for the Pre and the Gift of farming lodestones?

Srsly. You even could get those 2.000g for the finished legendary in those two months.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

So is there anything wrong if alot of people(casuals) take 10 months to make legendary(going by those estimates)?

Except in n those 10 months the price will double, so they will still be exactly where they started.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Death Reincarnated.3570

Except in n those 10 months the price will double, so they will still be exactly where they started.

Price may double, but who knows how well the game will be doing in 10 months time. D3 was hyped up to be really good and it’s not doing so well after 8 months.

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Price may double, but who knows how well the game will be doing in 10 months time. D3 was hyped up to be really good and it’s not doing so well after 8 months.

Sorry, but was that a counterargument? Because it really doesn’t seem so.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

They definitely need to nerf posts about it.

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

I got funny PM recently, the infamous I LOVE YOU from gold sellers. They have all Legendaries and precursors to sell… Now, now wonder prices for those skyrocketed.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Could also be the prices halve in those ten months and casuals will be greatly rewarded for playing as intended. You simply don’t know. It is actually the polar opposite.

Several improvements to precursors have already been announced, and in 10 months you can bet dollars to dimes that a form of scavenger hunt is ready and implemented. Precursors will become less of a problem as the game matures.

People stare themselves blind on dusk, while there’s plenty of precursors under the 700g line.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

you are saying the gifts are no problem then the precursor isn’t either, gift of sunrise and twilight cost almost as much as their precursor, add fortune and it’s over the precursor prise. So basicly the precursor is just as achievable as the gifts.

Imo the entire process of grinding is just wrong.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: Sinergy.6374

Sinergy.6374

Been working on my legendary since October. All I need is gift of magic, about 100 ectos, another 100k karma, 98 icy rune stones, and my precursor. I haven’t been in any rush, just chip at it every day. Everything I make or gain gets used towards my legendary after every time I play except 1 g.

Posted by: azazil.9541

azazil.9541

I just wanna add something from today’s " I love you " forum’s pm..

……………………………………….
Kudzu
Eternity
Twilight
The Predator
Sunrise
Incinerator
Howler
The Bifrost
The Moot
Bolt
The Dreamer
Frostfang
Sincerely,have a good day!

How nice! Isn’t it ?

For me " Across all characters, I have played for 1,041 hours 4 minutes over past 4 months " still waiting one kittening precursor with all other mats are ready.

But kittening gold farmers can sell it on TP or at their website.

Go arena.net allow to sell every kittening kitten on TP so your honest players can suffer more and more.

I’m just sad all the way sad.

Death Reincarnated.3570

@ Astralporing.1957

It wasn’t a counter-argument.

What ever the prices may be, in 10 months time who knows how many players will still play GW2. The upcoming update might break or make this game. IF, this update makes things worse then really what is the point of undertaking goals that can potentially take over half a year.

The game needs to draw im players and encourage to undertake lengthy goals such as the legendary – at the moment it’s certainly doing the opposite.

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Oatmeal.1895

Oatmeal.1895

I’ve started playing about 2, maybe 2 1/2 months ago, it didnt take very long to get level 80, maybe 1 1/2 weeks if that.

Anyways, when I saw legendaries I knew that getting one was going to be one of my goals, so I started saving up gold, crafting materials, etc. I got /very/ lucky and made my Dusk on my 4th exotic greatsword combine at the mystic forge. If I had to guess I would say I’m about 60% done with gathering everything up. I have 70 mystic clovers, I’m out of obsidian shards, so I need to farm up more karma.

The main things that are making me cringe are..
Powerful blood, 100x onyx lodestone ( ) , 100 icy runestones, 250 globs of ectos, etc…

A few times I’ve made some of the tier 6 crafting materials instead of mystic clovers, so that has helped.

In the end, no legendary will be obtained fast. Some people will get it within a month, maybe even sooner, if they buy gems2gold, which is fine since it’s their money and their playstyle. Others like me will take longer. Maybe in the end I’ll get fed up with the prices and buy some gems myself, who knows :\.