Legendaries with PvP-like sigil selection

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

I feel like the best improvements for the quality of life were done in PvP. The current runes/sigil selection system is the best it could be.

After the ability to change stats for the legendaries, we should be able to switch sigils at will like we can change the stats, and as it works in PvP. Not “any” sigil, but rather sigils that we unlock per weapon. So there would still be a hunt for good sigils as it is limited to legendaries.

Why do I feel this is necessary? Simply because people want to play with their favorite skin yet be able to optimize their damage output. For instance, it’s unthinkable to do Arah without a Sigil of the Undead. Now the best second sigil on a weapon is a sigil of Force. If I go in CoE afterwards, the best would be to use a sigil of the Night combined with Sigil of Force. Well, at the moment, either I spend as much as the dungeon would reward me or I use two weapons and clog my inventory with dungeon-specific weapons.

Also, if I want to keep the same look everytime, I must have several times the same object icon and I can select the right weapon only by hovering it. This small annoyance should be removed.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

While its a good suggestion, unfortunately it would affect the economy and ArenaNet is really serious about it. They even refused to award gold to PvP players who played before the patch for economic issues.

While changing stats could affect the economy, changing sigils would be worse as many of them are several gold a piece.

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

While changing stats could affect the economy, changing sigils would be worse as many of them are several gold a piece.

What? Have you checked the price of an ascended weapon? I don’t call that “several gold a piece”, but “many many golds a piece”.

Please elaborate on this because either you completely overlooked the ascended weapons (because I’m currently making 1 ascended weapon per dungeon simply to hold the different sigils) or you have not been explicit at all as it makes no sense.

Plus, you would have to make a legendary to get this upgrade, and the cost of a legendary is a little bit more than the cost of an ascended weapon, last time I checked.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

after wardrobe system and “legendaries” for all char’s, the value of legend’s drops a lot. yes, people still have stats on-fly, buy that’s definitely not enough.

if devs add sigil on-fly feature, this will be one more reason to have legendary, not just skin. like double inci/bolt .

even if I don’t have any legend’.

/wave
/agree
/support

Posted by: kankanKk.2748

kankanKk.2748

It is a good idea and would worthy with the legendary price.
For now, legendary account bound and select stats lets us swap the legendary to other character or from zerker to tanky, BUT some build was bound to the sigil and we not able to swap unless we buy the new sigil every time.
This change make legendary much more convenient and attractive.
For economic problem, I believe small percentage player with legendary wont affect much. Also the solution could be you need to buy the sigil once to unlock on each legendary, like unlock skin on wardrobe.