Legendarily Ugly Armor

Legendarily Ugly Armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Valenz.8943

Valenz.8943

Can you make it look like armor and not like a cheap action figure?

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

Man… that’s savage XD. Now excuse me but i need to lv up my new warrior Tony Stark MkVI….

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Just like 90% legendaries in GW2. Can’t believe some actually craft them for the looks

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Perhaps the OP can draw us a picture of what they had in mind?

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

? There is a video showing it….

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Criticism is cheap and easy.

Skill and vision aren’t.

Don’t expect more from OP than a ketchup stain on a napkin. With a sepia filter.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: meeflak.9714

meeflak.9714

To each there own man. Some will like it some won’t, The quality of the armor is completely subjective. We all know this art team can do some absolutely amazing work, and the effects on that set are bad kitten imo. Even if I don’t like the spiked armor theme.

Typical no constructive insights or idea kitten post

All professions lvl 80. x2 elementalist
main Druid ~~Adalyn Del Rayna~~ [SIGH]
[Ehmry Bay]

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Rectifyer.1804

Rectifyer.1804

I absolutely love the armor! However, I think they picked terrible colors to show it off. It’ll look glorious in Shadow Abyss!

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I absolutely love the armor! However, I think they picked terrible colors to show it off. It’ll look glorious in Shadow Abyss!

… no it won’t. Shadow Abyss, unless used as a base to contrast against stronger/brighter colors, merely reduces your character to a blurry smudge in the world, regardless of armor worn.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Wait till you see how bad the medium buttcape is that turns into a giant umbrella when you enter combat.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Wait till you see how bad the medium buttcape is that turns into a giant umbrella when you enter combat.

My body is ready.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Tekey.7946

Tekey.7946

Criticism is cheap and easy.

Skill and vision aren’t.

Don’t expect more from OP than a ketchup stain on a napkin. With a sepia filter.

You don’t have to be a great singer to recognize that someone can’t sing and hit the right notes.
Sounds like the disappointed people in a talent show demanding the judges to do it better – but that doesn’t change anything, they still can’t sing.

However, looks are personal preference and taste anyway, so some might like it and others won’t.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

But wait, it doubles as a glider!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: boolah.1325

boolah.1325

Well, the OP has a point..

It’s taken them near a year to come up with that.. and if that’s it, it wasn’t worth the wait. Not much in the form of a trailer either.. he didn’t move around nor did they show different dyes…

I bet it would look awesome on my asura que transformers sound effects

“Remember those cars my dad used to teach me to fix? Well, they weren’t always his. "

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

It wouldn’t matter how they designed it, it woulda still gotten a vitriolic response. Even if it’s not one’s cup of tea, it’s cruelly disrespectful to not recognize the time and effort put into its design.

I think it’s cool, and it’s too bad I don’t have the energy to put into raiding to earn it.

~EW

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: NiffyinaJiffy.1532

NiffyinaJiffy.1532

I think if the precursor armors and the actual heavy armor weren’t as god awful as they actually are there wouldn’t be as much backlash. I don’t know if anyone has noticed but the experimental envoy armors look worse than ascended armors looked when they were released. Weapon and armor design originality and appeal (for me at least) has gone down hill at an excelled rate over the past year. I don’t know whether they’re rushing or what but if it would take them much longer to release something that doesn’t make you look stupid I’d be willing to wait.

Thankfully I usually play light or medium armored classes. Hopefully the hoods, butt capes, and manskirts won’t look as dumb as this.

And yes, I know they worked hard on it, but it honestly doesn’t look like they worked that hard. Would be nice if there was an aura or particle effects.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

I like it. It’s the first time I see moving parts animations for an armor in an MMO. Here’s a link to the vid

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Doggie.3184

But wait, it doubles as a glider!

But you can’t control it. You’re at the mercy of the wind.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Sonic the Hedgehog.5169

Sonic the Hedgehog.5169

I like the armor. I could maybe give it some color is make it Holy. I been trying to find armor for my character that looks angelic and holy just for the theme. and not like rugged that was not made to look vibrant and bright that was just made for protection and not to look pretty.

I can always put the ruggedness theme on a different character.

But I do think this armor would work for me, But most likely will be using the armor itself without having to apply its skin to non-legandary armor if the stats fit my old armor.

Sonic’s the name, speeds my game!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/jgensFl.png[/img]

(edited by Sonic the Hedgehog.5169)

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Just like 90% legendaries in GW2. Can’t believe some actually craft them for the looks

This. I’m sitting on 20k+ gold and waiting for simple, small weapons and tight armor skins with no clipping issues. But we are keep getting oversized fancy weapons, overcomplicated armors and butt capes.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Reverze.7180

Reverze.7180

I like it. It’s the first time I see moving parts animations for an armor in an MMO. Here’s a link to the vid

8years earlier…….
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crQgtHupmjE

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Burnham.2613

Burnham.2613

Moving parts is a cool concept, but I don’t like the armor skins and the combat mode didn’t improve it. What I’m currently wearing looks 1 million times better in my mind so it’s never going to be something I’m interested in.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: LucyFurr.6589

LucyFurr.6589

i can’t wait to have my engineer get his legendary butt cape trench coat armor, just because….medium armor is whack and if you don’t buy gemstore armor, you will cry.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

I want to roleplay as a Transformer in Tyria and the heavy Legendary armor finally lets me do that. You can take your unsavory negativity elsewhere, bro.

But no, really. If you wanted “realistic” armor sets, you came to the wrong game.

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

i can’t wait to have my engineer get his legendary butt cape trench coat armor, just because….medium armor is whack and if you don’t buy gemstore armor, you will cry.

Try getting the PvP and WvW medium armors, they are not trenchcoats.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

I was hoping for something elegant but with flourishes.

I even drew a idea of what I was kinda hoping for. Though I guess it’s not very legendary looking… ;-;

Attachments:

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

It’s neat tech, but I’m very happy it’s not a style I like, meaning I don’t have to pursue this particular grind.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

It looks kind of generic, but the animation is cool. I’d probably like its look more with a different dye job.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

To each his own. I like the new legendary armor — and it’s finally going to give me a carrot to chase after. And for once, I like that the acquisition of the armor is limited to raids only…. that way you have to do something difficult, that maybe isn’t very enjoyable, in order to become one of the elite few that has this armor. Bravo.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Silas Eorth.7348

Silas Eorth.7348

I’ll admit, it’s not too bad. I’m interested in seeing what the Medium set will look like.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

I like it. Especially when not in combat. Maybe overdid the spikes in “battle hedgehog” mode, but overall I think it looks good.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Nemesis.2019

Nemesis.2019

Grinding for an ugly armor set ain’t for me, lets see if the medium or light any better, but heavy is a bigger bust than Ryan Leaf.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: kurogane.9681

kurogane.9681

I’ll admit, it’s not too bad. I’m interested in seeing what the Medium set will look like.

We will get a skimpy medium legendary armor BUT there’s a twist. When in combat, a spiky trench coat appears. XD

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: kurogane.9681

kurogane.9681

I do raid but if the theme for these legendary armors is similar to the heavy one, I probably won’t make it since the design is underwhelming (IMO). I hope we can spend our LIs on something else like ascended gears, etc.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

I kinda like it.
The animations are nice,and it has no sparkling effects.
Although I’ll probably never farm for it.
Who knows.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

It’s Legendary. It should be different between Males and Females. That’s Male armor all the way. Big and tough. Female Heavy should be more elegant.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Doggie.3184

It’s Legendary. It should be different between Males and Females. That’s Male armor all the way. Big and tough. Female Heavy should be more elegant.

Why can’t males be elegant and females be big and tough? Pretty sexist of you..

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

that way you have to do something difficult, that maybe isn’t very enjoyable, in order to become one of the elite few

You really don’t see anything wrong with that? That a game that you play for entertainment will have you doing something that “isn’t very enjoyable” just to get a shiny?

You might call that elite. I have a far less charitable word for it, and I will likely assume such of anyone I see wearing this.

And ANet? There’s a line between “awesome” and “trying too hard to be awesome”. You’ve gone past that line with this armor. Seriously, dial it back some.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Let you choose then. Not gonna turn this into a stupid argument because I didn’t plan my words for every possible way they could be interpreted. I was just talking about my personal preference for things. :\

(edited by Vyrulisse.1246)

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

pretty disrespectful of you to insult someone else like that. which is against the forum rules.

im bad at sarcasm

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: StAllerdyce.3941

StAllerdyce.3941

And this is how topics get locked……

Anyway, I’m withholding judgment until we see other races, genders, and armor classes. Conceptually I find the idea of appearance changing in and out of combat intriguing, but with how customizable armor is most of the time I think we’ll still see most people preferring their own looks.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Newly data-mined! Preview pictures of Heavy Legendary Armor for Asura characters!

Attachments:

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I agree – Most elements that appear when going into “combat mode” are bad. I hope there’s a “non-combat” permanent mode to keep the armor in.

I would hate to have those useless spikes all over my character. Not to mention the funny ears on the helm.

So before the negative posters in this thread go “oh it’s easy to criticize – how would you make legendary armor huh?”

Well I’d have made it like this:

http://imgur.com/a/Y4fwb
http://imgur.com/a/0uHl3

Either one of those – with the effects of:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infinite_Light

The effects would be plastered all over the armor. You would be able to dye the runes any color. You could toggle a command to have them “flow” all over the armor.

That’s what I’d have made.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Nebelparder.3751

Nebelparder.3751

I love legendary armor for one single fact. I’m sure there will never be a better armor than ascended, because it would make no sence. I still don’t understand why they needed ascended stuff anyway.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Can you make it look like armor and not like a cheap action figure?

Short story: almost certainly, they can’t change the design much at this point. (Not just because they’ve released a video of it; there was a ton of prep work to get them to this point.)

I can’t think of a single skin in any game that is beloved by 100% of players nor hated by 100%. This one is no different. A lot of people really like it and plenty don’t. That’s par for the course, especially when it comes to something that takes so much time & effort to acquire.

I’m sorry that you don’t like it, but even if 80% of us hated it, I doubt very much that they could change it without delaying its release by a ages.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I have not seen one player complain about human heavy cultural T3 as a heavy armor design. Same with the Phalanx Heavy armor.

That aside – I’m not asking for a redesign – I’m asking for a “non-spiky” mode – that looks like the out of combat mode permanently. That they can do most certainly.

Also considering the medium and light versions are still ages away there could be reason to believe a redesign could be possible. I doubt they would have to scrap 100% of it.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Newly data-mined! Preview pictures of Heavy Legendary Armor for Asura characters
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/231760/Asuran_Legendary_Armor.jpg
!

Perfect…. im out of words..

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

while im sure a lot of people will go for the legendary armor cause of the stat swapping (i hope there is stat swapping..) it would be nice to see people running around in the games first fully animated armor set (that also represents the player going trough raids and other stuffs).

all that considered , the only thing i wish is no clipping, and nice charr adaptations…

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

This discussion just makes me think of Obsidian Armor in GW1.

If you don’t like the armor, dont get it.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

Mmm, I agree with this statement.