in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

dye it blue and say hello to megaman cirqa 1988

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: moonglum.1429

moonglum.1429

Interesting discussion great points for it, as well as great points against it. Whats is truly going to be UGLY is the FPS when you have 10 sets in a RAID group attacking. 10-20 sets in WvW. people complain now about all the particle effects, I can hardly wait to see what FPS will be after they realease the sets.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: IcyTear.6378

IcyTear.6378

Changing Stat is the most needed thing for me . Don’t have to spend 10-20 gold to change stat , or craft a new ascended armor set .

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Changing Stat is the most needed thing for me . Don’t have to spend 10-20 gold to change stat , or craft a new ascended armor set .

Doesn’t do much good when you can’t easily change runes. I use Thorn runes currently and I wouldn’t want to change from Viper to Berserker and replace them with Scholar since I wouldn’t want to farm for Thorns every time I wanna change back. You can’t even buy them. So the easier solution is to get a 2nd Ascended set instead of sinking 9000 hours and gold into Legendary armor.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

This discussion just makes me think of Obsidian Armor in GW1.

If you don’t like the armor, dont get it.

Unfortunately, Legendary items comprise a large percentage of the truly long-term endgame reward pursuits GW2 offers. While I echo the sentiment, making that decision may mean no long term goals at all for some players, which could negatively affect their enjoyment and motivation to play.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

This discussion just makes me think of Obsidian Armor in GW1.

If you don’t like the armor, dont get it.

Unfortunately, Legendary items comprise a large percentage of the truly long-term endgame reward pursuits GW2 offers. While I echo the sentiment, making that decision may mean no long term goals at all for some players, which could negatively affect their enjoyment and motivation to play.

How is that different from GW1’s obsidian armor? It was also one of the long term end goals and it generated similar discussion.

There’s simply no way for anyone to design an armor skin that is epic and appeals to nearly everyone. Individual preferences vary too much.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I like the out of combat version just fine as a standard armor style, and I like bits of the in-combat version too, although some of the spikes are a bit much. The nice thing is that we won’t be locked into an “outfit” version, so we can just wear the bits that we like, and leave out the bits that we don’t.

I say that hypothetically, of course, since the only current way to earn them is by raiding a lot, which makes them a complete non-factor in my playing of the game, but I retain hope that they’ll announce more options for earning them.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

I like the out of combat version just fine as a standard armor style, and I like bits of the in-combat version too, although some of the spikes are a bit much. The nice thing is that we won’t be locked into an “outfit” version, so we can just wear the bits that we like, and leave out the bits that we don’t.

I say that hypothetically, of course, since the only current way to earn them is by raiding a lot, which makes them a complete non-factor in my playing of the game, but I retain hope that they’ll announce more options for earning them.

Personally, I wouldn’t want the leg armor to be accessible through other means but let’s optimistic, if Anet developed the tech for pieces of armor to have an animation, don’t you think it would be possible for them to realease skins in future LS updates that have a combat/off combat animation tied to it?

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

Personally, I wouldn’t want the leg armor to be accessible through other means but let’s optimistic, if Anet developed the tech for pieces of armor to have an animation, don’t you think it would be possible for them to realease skins in future LS updates that have a combat/off combat animation tied to it?

I think that we will be lucky if they release an armor set at all in LW3, let alone an animated one. I only have issue with the envoy armor because Anet releases armor sets at a glacial speed. If they released armor sets more frequently, I wouldn’t mind if there was a larger amount of exclusive sets than just this one.

I don’t know, I just expected more than 3 sets for every weight in an expansion release.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

I think that we will be lucky if they release an armor set at all in LW3, let alone an animated one. I only have issue with the envoy armor because Anet releases armor sets at a glacial speed. If they released armor sets more frequently, I wouldn’t mind if there was a larger amount of exclusive sets than just this one.

I don’t know, I just expected more than 3 sets for every weight in an expansion release.

I never wanted to imply a whole armor set in one LW update. That is the thing we should be suggesting giving an armor set or a piece through multiple LW updates or even they could implement a recipe that make an armor set have an animation for example.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Ohoni.6057

Personally, I wouldn’t want the leg armor to be accessible through other means but let’s optimistic

Why single out the leg armor? That looks like one of the better parts.

if Anet developed the tech for pieces of armor to have an animation, don’t you think it would be possible for them to realease skins in future LS updates that have a combat/off combat animation tied to it?

That’s somethign else entirely. Of course they could, and maybe they will, but that’s its own thing. What is important is that players who do want this armor have access to it whether they enjoy raiding or not.

or even they could implement a recipe that make an armor set have an animation for example.

Adding the animations to an existing armor would likely take as much or more work as making the armor from scratch, it’s not like they could just turn it on. It might not be a terrible idea to take popular existing armor and make new “animated” versions of it, as they did with those first-gen gem store “flaming” armor they had, but it wouldn’t be a huge effort savings, the benefit to it would be that they would be using core armor designs that they know the public already likes.

done by now.”

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

I was hoping for something elegant but with flourishes.

I even drew a idea of what I was kinda hoping for. Though I guess it’s not very legendary looking… ;-;

We got that kind of armor in game, though.
And it is smiliar to the base style of the armor.
The transformation is just the gimmick to have it stand out,

On the other hand, I like the armor, but I am unsure about the one big shoulder spike, that comes out of nowhere and looks pretty painfull when it retracts into your body…

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Ohoni.6057

On the other hand, I like the armor, but I am unsure about the one big shoulder spike, that comes out of nowhere and looks pretty painfull when it retracts into your body…

Yeah, even if I had the full set I probably wouldn’t use the Shoulder armor because of the spikes. Really the whole suit would look about twice as good if they just removed the long spikes from the shoulders, elbows, and calves.

done by now.”

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

You’d think if ANet could employ an “economist” to look after the economy, they could employ a fashion designer to design the armours and outfits.

I went from cautiously optimistic (moving armour – cool) to “meh” to relieved that I won’t have to grind stupid raids for this.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

I never wanted to imply a whole armor set in one LW update. That is the thing we should be suggesting giving an armor set or a piece through multiple LW updates or even they could implement a recipe that make an armor set have an animation for example.

That is what I understood. I simply do not think that Anet will make an armor set for the entirety of LW season 3. Some time ago they posted on reddit that armor sets are hard for them to make, and that they will mostly be from expansion releases. I think that it was in one of the AMA’s.

Legendarily Ugly Armor

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

I like it. It’s the first time I see moving parts animations for an armor in an MMO. Here’s a link to the vid

8years earlier…….
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crQgtHupmjE

Never heard of that game before. I learned something new today.