Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

R.I.P Kumu <3

Legendary Amulets incoming!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Legendary TEST amulets.

And based on the stats it looks like they are for PvP.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: oloap.9765

oloap.9765

yeah was also said in a dev livestream, legendary amulets are coming, this is sure thing.
don’t remember if also ring and accessories or backpice.
this teach us something, don’t go for ascended armor, if i have to speculate in 6 months we’ll have legendary armor too.
If is legendary will Always be the BIS and now they can eve swap stats!

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

Well, the Anise’s armor is definitely something I would like to see available, and the second light skin which is not available now, too.
I don’t care about PvP items at all, my class is not playable in there….

#ELEtism 4ever

Posted by: An Siorai Tharian.4516

An Siorai Tharian.4516

how much grinding will be necessary to obtain a full set of Legendary Armor do ya think?

XIII | JAH | FNG | LWA
Ranger 80 | Elementalist 30 | Guardian 29 | Necromancer 21

STRanger.5120

how much grinding will be necessary to obtain a full set of Legendary Armor do ya think?

Honestly, I don’t care, I won’t grind for it because “insert one of the obvious reasons I stated in several other topics”.

#ELEtism 4ever

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Just about enough grind, until the next tier is developed.

Gotta keep those hamsters running on their wheels after all!

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

yeah was also said in a dev livestream, legendary amulets are coming, this is sure thing.
this teach us something, don’t go for ascended armor, if i have to speculate in 6 months we’ll have legendary armor too.

This better not happen. And arenanet will play the “oh it isnt a new tier, its the same stats as ascended, so we didnt lie this time”..yah but they look so much better than anything else, gotta have that too.

Even if legendary armor and gear does not increase in power, they are just pumping more grind into their machine and that would be the crossed T’s and dotted I’s for me that this game is not for me. That all arenanet thinks as content is grind grind grind. IF they can’t give us content with grind, then I wouldn’t want to play this game anymore regardless if the content is free or not, regardless if the gear is required or not. This action would tell me that they are not developing their game with someone like me in mind that doesn’t want endless grinding.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: CameronJames.4897

CameronJames.4897

What is the point of legendary amulets? They don’t show on your character and give the same stats as ascended but with a lot more grind??

Am I missing something??

STRanger.5120

What is the point of legendary amulets? They don’t show on your character and give the same stats as ascended but with a lot more grind??

Am I missing something??

Maybe you’re missing the “changeable stats” fact Because that’s the main thing why I never went for the Ascended Staff, I rather try to have a legendary than grind for an item which may be worthless after a few patches for my Elementalist….

#ELEtism 4ever

Posted by: CameronJames.4897

CameronJames.4897

Ascended Weapons and Legendary’s are different, because they have the skin and the interchangeable stats. Plus the only way to get an ascended weapon is to craft one. But you can get ascended amulets and trinkets easily now. Why the need for changeable stats?

Am I missing something??

Maybe you’re missing the “changeable stats” fact Because that’s the main thing why I never went for the Ascended Staff, I rather try to have a legendary than grind for an item which may be worthless after a few patches for my Elementalist….

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

This better not happen. And arenanet will play the “oh it isnt a new tier, its the same stats as ascended, so we didnt lie this time”..yah but they look so much better than anything else, gotta have that too.

Even if legendary armor and gear does not increase in power, they are just pumping more grind into their machine and that would be the crossed T’s and dotted I’s for me that this game is not for me. That all arenanet thinks as content is grind grind grind. IF they can’t give us content with grind, then I wouldn’t want to play this game anymore regardless if the content is free or not, regardless if the gear is required or not. This action would tell me that they are not developing their game with someone like me in mind that doesn’t want endless grinding.

quit now, you are complaining about cosmetic grind, which actually was announced as early as the manifesto.
Now im not saying thats the only content that should exist, but legendary armor has been assumed to be added to the game eventually almost since day 1.

I think legendary armor/accesories/whatever is fine. But they need to work on making some new interesting content that adds to the game, and develops the narrative, as well as combat. essentially, they need new content that would normally be found in expansions (even if it doesnt come in an expansion) like a lot of new skills, new story/dungeons/earnable armor/proffessions(martial artist monk) races/bosses etc.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

no new news.. its already known for a long while, that Anet is planning on legendary ascessoires …

Makes also sense, that if you have legendary weapons, that one day will follow also legendary accessoires and legendary armors….

The coming patch just adds the next milestone with ascendent armors, which will be more powerful naturally than exotic armors and later same as powerful like legendary armors, just with the difference, that legendary armors will have alot better flashy effects ect and unique skins.

Once the game has legendary equipment up to weapons, armors and accessoires.

It will be then just another small milestone to complete the equipment logic with legendary back items and exotic, ascendent, legendary aqua breathers as also ascendent/legendary sigils and runes and then last but not least, ascendent/legendary upgrades like jewels, which currently go only until exotic quality.

Once this has been done all, then the equipment logic will be complete by havign everythign that has to do with any kind of equipment havign a range in quality from fine to legendary for the ultimate gear progression.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

Cannot wait for more particle effects to be in battles.
It won’t be long until everyone is a glowing wisp anyways, at least no one will have to worry about skins anymore =D

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

the day when we have Legendary Aquabreathers is the day Bubbles show up

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Cannot wait for more particle effects to be in battles.
It won’t be long until everyone is a glowing wisp anyways, at least no one will have to worry about skins anymore =D

aww, no nmeed to wait on this, we already have thius.. you just need to equip all three parts of the radiant stuff and your a shining wisp that you could see like a star in the sky at night ….

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

oloap.9765

correcting myself is not a livestream, was a mat visual interview at pax:

http://youtu.be/Jy7CcwnfUdU?t=13m25s

watch it an you see that legendary thinkrets are definetly coming.. now i can safely bet is an amulet, and it would make sense since they are starting with amulets that is onl 1 to grind for.

For those asking it may also have a sort of visua effect too as colin says!
anyway as i said i can justify grinding for alway BIS and swappable stats, at theend is a MASSIVE qality of life improvement, end of multiple sets! and ofc it needs to be cosmetic too!
as others said in a recent post colin also said it is at high risk not to meet the deadlines expressed in the video

oloap.9765

most of all they need to provide a feasible way to obtain things in this game, not more ways to make gold.
look whats happening to t6 mats, ppl make tons of gold grinding but t6 drops sucks and the price keep skyrocketing.
imagine if new legendary will require lots of lodestone and t6, lodes price back to 4g and t6 dunno 1g each?
the day they wil make drop rate 5x or evn 3x on certain items will be the day we won’t feel grind anymore

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

I think they will replace currently existing amulets in cpvp. Old – exotics stats, new – ascended stats.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

They’re what play testers are given rather than every armor/weapon/trinket stat during test periods. It’s easier to gauge the difficulty of the content this way and doesn’t waste time finding stat combos that work.