Legendary Armor

Legendary Armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Holyblesserx.7618

Holyblesserx.7618

If you were the designer how would you model legendary armor?

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Arcanorum Ignis.9218

Arcanorum Ignis.9218

I would put pretty pink flowers and unicorns and rainbows all over it so it would match my ‘Legendary’ bow.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

glows. Its hard to find legendary armor that people will immediately recognize as legendary without going over the top.

But slap a glow on it. Like an aura that applies around the player? You immediately will know it’s legendary gear.

Heck you see it with some legendaries ingame already. without knowing what frostfang looks like you’d probably just assume it was a normal axe (heck the model looks similar to the kodan, and corrupted weapons) but suddenly the person walks forward and those footsteps instantly show you that the axe is a legendary.

Part of a legendary is to distinguish you. Yes some of them also look cool as all hell, but that can be hard to do with armor sets. It’s easier to apply some effect to them that normal gear wouldnt possibly have.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Flubble.8093

Flubble.8093

rainbow pauldrons, a big sparkling rainbow going over your head from shoulder to shoulder

a big muffin for a chest piece

a big muffin case looking skirt for legs

candle helmet with a flame on top

and when you get hit you splash white and brown chocolate chips and sprinkles everywhere

(edited by Flubble.8093)

Legendary Armor

Posted by: CameronJames.4897

CameronJames.4897

personally I’d prefer to see legendary dyes, before legendary armor. Some dye that would turn any armor into an effect like twillight, it would be awesome. Or give any armor some sort of glow or particle effect.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: CameronJames.4897

CameronJames.4897

Ohhh but if they did make legendary armor… I’d like some sylvaryi armor, that blossomed flowers at certain periods (night/day) and had butterflies or insects that flew around you. Foot steps of more plants and flowers, that when couples with the kudzu, looked really good!!

Legendary Armor

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

It’d be cool if it had particle effects and glows that would activate alongside player abilities.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: MasterGeese.4756

MasterGeese.4756

It’d be cool if it had particle effects and glows that would activate alongside player abilities.

this

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

Legendary bikini for females.

I would like a legendary mecha suit for my Asura.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

rainbow pauldrons, a big sparkling rainbow going over your head from shoulder to shoulder

a big muffin for a chest piece

a big muffin case looking skirt for legs

candle helmet with a flame on top

and when you get hit you splash white and brown chocolate chips and sprinkles everywhere

this made me lol

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

My vote goes for what this gentleman here said! :P

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Sirge.8934

Sirge.8934

personally I’d prefer to see legendary dyes, before legendary armor. Some dye that would turn any armor into an effect like twillight, it would be awesome. Or give any armor some sort of glow or particle effect.

This. Not obtainable from random dyes, of course. But this would be sick. We can already see that it would work, like in Juggernaught.

It probably shouldn’t give particle effects already granted by other Legendaries. But unikittenfects or appearances on the armor would be excellent.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Meowwilson.5106

Meowwilson.5106

i would probably just make it normal armor until you used an attack or something and instantly become super sayian. golden spikey hair and all.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

With the amount of hassle and issues Legendary weapons have caused this game, i’d never add Armor…the game wouldn’t handle it.

Look at how Ascended was handled and received..

Legendary Armor

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

With the amount of hassle and issues Legendary weapons have caused this game, i’d never add Armor…the game wouldn’t handle it.

Look at how Ascended was handled and received..

Well, thats because it was a new tier added. Legendary tier already exists; just in weapons.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Rynn.1324

Rynn.1324

I would like a legendary mecha suit for my Asura.

This x1000.

[Tarnished Coast] Lizzibeth Huffles, Asuran Genius (Engineer) at Play

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

I doubt we’ll get to see a full legendary armor.
It will throw the market into chaos.

But that put aside, we’ll probably see the new legendary armor coming at us piece by piece of just certain parts only.
Such as legendary helmet, and types that we can craft.

We already got the fractal backpiece that feels somewhat half legendary.
Personally I would like to see more of that kind of content.

1+1 = potato

Legendary Armor

Meowwilson.5106

Legendary capes!

yes

Legendary Armor

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

The themes would revolve around professions.

Thief Legendary Armor would make your character look transparent (including your weapon) for camouflage purposes.

It would leave trails in the air, and distort the air around you, so it’s not like you have permanent stealth. And your weapon becomes completely exposed while attacking (so you can show off your Legendary)

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

Whatever they do, I hope they don’t require a 800g Precursor.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Skykiller.3160

Skykiller.3160

What about armor that changes based on what zone you’re in? So if you’re near a volcano it would you turn into a molten, burning heap of stone, or in Orr where it would turn you into a zombie with like flies buzzing around and maybe some groaning sound effects, or in a place like the Grove where it would turn into an awesome plant based armor with vines and thorns, or even lets say the Crystal Desert opens up and it turns you into a glowing crystaline creature.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

No particle effects. No massive shoulders.

Realistic looking, something that I would see for the first time and say, “not only would my character wear that, I’d love to wear it too.”

Because massive lava and fire shoulders with electric sparks shooting out are not cosplay-friendly.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

It’d be more like 500g per armor piece for the precursors. That’s if you get lucky from the forge, of course.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Afyael.1740

Afyael.1740

I would call it Chaos armor. It would be ridiculously bright and shiny just like Chaos gloves, nobody would be able to look at their character and we’d be able to laugh at the irony of people grinding for kitten that nobody would be able to see.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Tyberius.3250

Tyberius.3250

It’d be more like 500g per armor piece for the precursors. That’s if you get lucky from the forge, of course.

With the ways these are going now with precursors, I’m sure Anet will be smart and not have it tied to gold.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Not much needed, just make it occasionally (every 2 seconds) ping everyones mini-map at your location.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

can you imagine going for legendary steps for every single armor piece
then say the game is not a grind fest

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Legendary Armor

Meowwilson.5106

i cant even imagine getting a legendary.. lol.crazy amounts of everything.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Jaxon.5392

Jaxon.5392

The effect of the eternity sword on an armour would look crazy good

But i would hate for it to be a collection of pieces, it needs to be full set or nothing. Legendary shoulders on some other armour would look stupid and devaluing

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I would put pretty pink flowers and unicorns and rainbows all over it so it would match my ‘Legendary’ bow.

Yes, even a completely over-the-top court jester set of armor would work as well. It will become the Thief’s standard WvW setup.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Even cooler looking Obby armour

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

Legendary capes!

+1

I would love to see capes added as black slot items. Although, I am sure if they are added it will only be for those who can craft four legendaries and mystic forge them for a 1/100 chance to get one.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

With the ways these are going now with precursors, I’m sure Anet will be smart and not have it tied to gold.

How are we now getting precursors that don’t require gold? Unless you are making wild assumptions that the elusive, distant scavenger hunt won’t have money or RNG in it.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Gandolfi.1507

Gandolfi.1507

But i would hate for it to be a collection of pieces, it needs to be full set or nothing. Legendary shoulders on some other armour would look stupid and devaluing

This.

By all means make the armor expensive and a project to work on over a year or so, but let it come in a box with the whole set in one go.

Otherwise it will take so long to piece together enough to make it worth wearing that we’ll be talking about GW3’s imminent arrival before you get to enjoy it…

Godrik Gandolfi – human warrior; Lucius Foestabber – charr reaper
The Path Least Travelled, Gunnar’s Hold

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Sharkinu.8096

Sharkinu.8096

I’d make a vendor for it and a token based system. You don’t craft the armor you craft the token. There would be 15 different token recipes(3 armor types * 5 races). The token would be tradeable just like current legendary weapons.

If you craft a token or you buy one from the tradepost you can talk with a vendor and get your 6+1(I’d include the backpack too) legendary set.

Why a vendor and not actually crafting the armor? Because there are different players with different preferences. For example, I don’t really want a legendary medium armor which is another trench coat while some other guy would like that. Using the token I’d get to make my legendary armor the way I want it to look by choosing from something like 3 different versions of the same armor piece and maybe some pieces with different particle effects. SO for the above example if I have a Norn Medium armor token, I can choose from multiple version of medium norn head pieces(hood, mask, goggles, etc), multiple version of medium norn chest pieces(trench coat, vest, etc.) and after I picked one of each armor piece from the list I can click trade and get one full version of my legendary armor.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

If they ever released a Legendary Armor set I would like them to go with the approach they had with Obsidian Armor in the first game. Even though Obsidian Armor was the most expensive armor by a long shot, it wasn’t ever really over the top. My mesmer had Obsidian Armor and she looked exceptionally classy but still had that “powerful” feel yet she wasn’t covered in spikes, she wasn’t glowing, didn’t have rainbows coming out of her butt, etc. Some of the professions’ Obsidian variant was also their best, like the Paragon and the Monk.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Darque Intent.1674

Darque Intent.1674

Legendary armour should be like the costumes they wear at Disney Land and like mascots wear. Panda, Rhino, t-rex… a cute little pink bunny with a predator… That’s what I’d like to see..

All hail Emperor Anet, and their new clothes!

Legendary Armor

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

^ This, or make them obtainable by a new quest/story line.

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

Legendary Armor

Posted by: phlemhacker.1372

phlemhacker.1372

I’d like to see some legendary armor. Rather have that than weapons.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

Yes, please tell me how Legendary Weapons are so superior stat-wise compared to 6 gold exotics.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I second legendary dyes. Luminous/Starry Sky/Rainbow/Shifting Flame would be awesome. And also apply to weapons!

As for armour, well I guess I’d like to see racial conisderations – eg the
-Mech suggestion for asura,
-something tree/made of vines which would say grow fruit as you moved for a sylvari
-Something Norse God-like for Norns
-Humans to have something maybe based on historical armor = Roman, Pirate, Arthurian etc
- Charr – something that crosses Steampunk with trophies from a hunt

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Uriel.3684

Uriel.3684

Treahern’s head as a hat. In the tooltip there should be a quote that reads “Treahern said come at me bro, so I did.”

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

If they ever do legendary armor, it has to give you a whole armor box rather than a piece.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

legendary dyes would be amazing, like water and fire, rainbows etc

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com