Legendary Armor

Legendary Armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

ONLY 1 …. for all types of armor …. O_o …. what is Anet doing all day

….

and why only seen on humääään ….. take other races as well … but i think you need another year to fix clipping problems …. see ya in a year …. bye

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

Legendary Armor

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Wow, this is what anet are wasting dev time and resources on? Has to be one of the tackiest armours I’ve seen in a while. It’s not the worst (looks at trion) but…. yikes.

GW1 endgame armour was better.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Karmapolice.4193

Karmapolice.4193

The moving pieces are a neat idea, but I really don’t like the design. I much prefer a simpler look. Giant shoulders and spikes everywhere? I might have liked that 10-15 years ago.
Of course, it doesn’t really matter since it’s for raiders only and it’s been forever since I cared about raiding in mmos.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Looks awesome to me.

Though, I think it’s look even better if different rune sets caused different visual effects.

~EW

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Harak.8397

Harak.8397

Cool idea … much much to tacky for my tastes … I don’t even want to know what that thing looks like on a Charr ( not to mention all that gold and glitter is going to look out of place on one, period )

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Cool idea … much much to tacky for my tastes … I don’t even want to know what that thing looks like on a Charr ( not to mention all that gold and glitter is going to look out of place on one, period )

Don’t forget you can dye it. It won’t necessarily be so gold!

I’m fairly sure I’ll never get the raiding version, and, yeah, while I do concede it is impressive looking armor it doesn’t aesthetically suit my preferred styles. So my hope is that they will (eventually) release different legendary armor skins obtainable in non-Raid PvE that use this nifty transformer tech in a more refined look. Though given they’ve never made more than one ascended armor look per weight, it’s not a serious hope.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

It looks very nice, but I’m still not going for legendary armor simply because it requires Raids, and I don’t like Raids, so… if Anet wants to limit legendary armor to 1 type of gameplay, then I guess I’m never getting legendary armor.

I wish Anet made legendary armor possible via all types of gameplay. E.G. PvE, WvW, etc.

Good luck to all Raid players… I ENVOY you (see what I did there)

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Legendary Armor

Posted by: ryandeniszorro.6735

ryandeniszorro.6735

I agree raids are bad way toward it , mostly coz of ppl who run them, so rude. Anyway tx for effort looks fun. Cheers

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Hank.4839

Hank.4839

I love the idea of the animation. It’s sick. The design of the armor is.. terrible. Looks so cheap and gem store-y. If they just went with cleaner looks once.. I so miss GW1 armors.

(edited by Hank.4839)

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Kaatora.3186

Kaatora.3186

I am roughly halfway there as far as Legendary Insights are concerned for a full set, but I will continue to give zero effs about legendary armour unless it can do 2 things:

1. the same set of armour is able to be worn by all classes
2. the runes are able to be changed without losing any

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

So for the small minority that raid, they get to aim for legendary armor that animates, causing even more lag in large scale fights in wvw. At least we’ll know who to blame for the next lag spikes…raid guilds that visit wvw.

Shame it’s not available to the mode where it would be most useful: wvw, where changing stats and builds is useful.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

What I get from the complaints is, this armor is good, but not quite good enough for the effort. Part of it has to do with small parts or details that just make it silly or over the top. And while most of these complaints are centered around the shoulders or helmet, both parts you can opt to hide, or just replace with another skin entirely, maybe a better option would have been to release multiple legendary armor skins for each armor class. This way people can have a wider base to mix and match with and still have armor that moves together. Instead of running around without shoulders and a helmet. Or watching your armor go into battle porcupine mode while your re-skinned shoulders just lie flat.

I personally don’t understand the “it’s no better than ascended armor, so why bother” complaint though, since I’m willing to bet half or more commentors have a legendary weapon or two.

I get that these complaints seem minor – but I would like to add a few things.
Yes I can hide the shoulders and helmet – the point is this: this is my legendary armor – I should not want to hide any of it.
I get that some people like that over-the-top stuff – but give us options. Give us the chance to choose between that over the top helmet and a less over the top one.

Those ears – and those spikes on the shoulders look ridiculous and honestly ruin things. Same thing on the knees.

You had a good thing going – stop where it’s good.

They will never get an armor skin that appeals to everyone in the game. This is just a fact that you will have to accept. It sucks that you don’t like this one but they wouldn’t be able to please everyone no matter how hard they tried. Just wait for them to make a new set, it shouldn’t take as long as the first one did once they finish it, because now they will know how much work it takes and be able to assign resources accordingly.

It cannot be too perfect.
If legendary armor become the end-all armor, then fashion war loses one of its main drive to keep people playing.

This is wrong honestly. Very few people will actually have it.

It’s sad that 4 years after release the best heavy armor skin for humans is STILL Cultural T3 followed by the Phalanx Heavy Armor skin.

There is so much work and polish put into those sets – with a few effects they could easily be legendary tier.

This is all your personal opinion. Many like the armor, and consider it the best skin so far. You can’t speak for the entire game or its population like this.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Love it!

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

So for the small minority that raid, they get to aim for legendary armor that animates, causing even more lag in large scale fights in wvw. At least we’ll know who to blame for the next lag spikes…raid guilds that visit wvw.

Shame it’s not available to the mode where it would be most useful: wvw, where changing stats and builds is useful.

but u need to axe yourself, where would gw2 be now w/o adding raids? if anything you should be thankful the devs added raids to this game, it was basically on life support until raids came in and pumped this game to where it ought to be

Legendary Armor

Posted by: daw.4923

daw.4923

ugly,i seriously dont get why 90% of armor skins in this game is so terrible,this isnt different. they rly need to step up their game….

Legendary Armor

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

If the legendary armor wound up being Lord Faren’s Loincloth, there’d be very little to criticize.

~EW

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Hmmm nice I guess. But wasn’t it supposed to come out with HoT? It’s been like a year.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I won’t critisize the style … that’s a personal issue but it leaves little to someone who likes the simpler, less imposing look … I was hoping that legendary armor would be more effects driven, like the flying bats and snowflakes we have. Instead we got Transformers.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

If you talk to people ingame, and if you read comments carefully, you’ll notice that although some might like it, some don’t and some are in-between, the obvious and probably overlooked comment by Anet on this, is that a lot of players are disappointed because legendary armor is gated behind a facet of the game most don’t like : raiding.

It’s not really the “cost” that bothers people. It’s not even the “look” (that’s personal preferrence and can be hidden behind an outfit), it’s the fact Anet decided that raiding is the only way to get it.

Why would i go for something like a fractal backpack or mawdrey, when in less time and with less effort i can get an equal or better (stat-choice) backpack from a map like bloodstone fen? (i do have mawdrey cause that at least gave me different things to do)

Why would i go farm my kitten off and pay through the nose for an equipment that doesn’t give me anything better then i already have ? Is it to show people how much of a no-lifer i am that i pour countless hours, and probably cash, into something that i don’t even need, let alone like ?

I’m not a raider, never will be because i hate it as much as i hate it in any other mmo i’ve played over the years. To those that love raiding, gratz in getting an armor (if you can) you want, but most important, did you have fun getting forced into that gamemode for it ? Most of us aren’t to happy about that, even the hardcore ones.

p.s. : legendary weapons used to be “tha bomb”, now they’re just annoying with their effects. Guess Anet didn’t learn from that at all.
“ooh, look, legendary armor.”
“great, more lag, who gives a F.”

(edited by Sthenith.5196)

Legendary Armor

Posted by: borgs.6103

borgs.6103

Now it will even be easier to see people that stow-cancel their skills! Thanks, Anet!

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Looks nice.. too bad gate by raids, so whatever.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Love the concept, not too fond of the actual look. I feel bad for those who have been raiding, in part, for legendary armor if this approach doesnt appeal. In general, I believe that rewards should be available for preview before people are expected to start on the road to earn them.

Definitely can see that the creators put a lot of work into this, sorry to say It is just way too over the top for my taste.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Trouble.9102

Trouble.9102

Its ok, if you like that whole I’m male and love to be clad in a ton of metal look.
Certainly not something I wouldn’t put a lot of effort into, guess I will reserve judgement until i get to see the female light armor skins.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

My thoughts on this are as follows;

1. The armour is pretty, of that there is no doubt. Compliments to the artists and animators.
  2. It seems that a lot of development time went into it. IMO it’s a massive waste of resources.
  3. I have never wanted to do raids and this won’t change my mind.
Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Brazzi.2045

Brazzi.2045

Yea looks good on human… But what about Charr? I can already see those floating shoulders , oversized helm ,etc.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

I’m a huge fan of legendaries changing the feeling or atmosphere around a character.

For instance, when my revenant draws Bolt, the effects are additive to who he is as a character; he gets more of what he appeared to be when the sword was stowed.

In contrast, when my ranger draws Chuka and Champawat, the entire feeling around her changes; the atmosphere around her tangibly becomes more aggressive.

Granted these are subjective observations, but I do love the idea of legendaries bringing characters to a new state of being, rather than just adding more “stuff”.

G R E E N E R

(edited by Greener.6204)

Legendary Armor

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

10/10

Too bad I’ll never be able to get it

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I love the idea of the animation. It’s sick. The design of the armor is.. terrible. Looks so cheap and gem store-y. If they just went with cleaner looks once.. I so miss GW1 armors.

Exactly this.
Not every armor has to be a spikefest.
Not every armor has to have unique “stuff” to make it super “rad”.

It’s okay for armor to be just that – ARMOR. It’s ok for it to be recognizable as armor.
Like I said before – Human cultural T3 armor is some of the best heavy armor in game – almost all human heavy players have used it extensively because it looks great – it feels great and is a well polished set that doesn’t scream “i’m 13 and I like SUPER EXTREME STUFF”.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Legendary Armor

Harper.4173

What I get from the complaints is, this armor is good, but not quite good enough for the effort. Part of it has to do with small parts or details that just make it silly or over the top. And while most of these complaints are centered around the shoulders or helmet, both parts you can opt to hide, or just replace with another skin entirely, maybe a better option would have been to release multiple legendary armor skins for each armor class. This way people can have a wider base to mix and match with and still have armor that moves together. Instead of running around without shoulders and a helmet. Or watching your armor go into battle porcupine mode while your re-skinned shoulders just lie flat.

I personally don’t understand the “it’s no better than ascended armor, so why bother” complaint though, since I’m willing to bet half or more commentors have a legendary weapon or two.

I get that these complaints seem minor – but I would like to add a few things.
Yes I can hide the shoulders and helmet – the point is this: this is my legendary armor – I should not want to hide any of it.
I get that some people like that over-the-top stuff – but give us options. Give us the chance to choose between that over the top helmet and a less over the top one.

Those ears – and those spikes on the shoulders look ridiculous and honestly ruin things. Same thing on the knees.

You had a good thing going – stop where it’s good.

They will never get an armor skin that appeals to everyone in the game. This is just a fact that you will have to accept. It sucks that you don’t like this one but they wouldn’t be able to please everyone no matter how hard they tried. Just wait for them to make a new set, it shouldn’t take as long as the first one did once they finish it, because now they will know how much work it takes and be able to assign resources accordingly.

It cannot be too perfect.
If legendary armor become the end-all armor, then fashion war loses one of its main drive to keep people playing.

This is wrong honestly. Very few people will actually have it.

It’s sad that 4 years after release the best heavy armor skin for humans is STILL Cultural T3 followed by the Phalanx Heavy Armor skin.

There is so much work and polish put into those sets – with a few effects they could easily be legendary tier.

This is all your personal opinion. Many like the armor, and consider it the best skin so far. You can’t speak for the entire game or its population like this.

All I’m saying is that they should deliver options – the option to not have the spikes and large ears on the helm should be there.

Legendary armor is not a gem-store outfit. It’s not some regular suit of armor in game either. It’s a very rare, very niche thing that people have to work for A LOT in order to get.

Anet should do their absolute best to ensure that people that do get that armor (who are very dedicated players) feel happy and content with it.

I never said rework it – I said give us a toned-down version as well – so maybe the part of the player base that doesn’t want to be a walking pin cushion has a chance to wear something cool.

Legendary armor should not be something I want to reskin.

Legendary Armor

Harper.4173

If you talk to people ingame, and if you read comments carefully, you’ll notice that although some might like it, some don’t and some are in-between, the obvious and probably overlooked comment by Anet on this, is that a lot of players are disappointed because legendary armor is gated behind a facet of the game most don’t like : raiding.

It’s not really the “cost” that bothers people. It’s not even the “look” (that’s personal preferrence and can be hidden behind an outfit), it’s the fact Anet decided that raiding is the only way to get it.

Why would i go for something like a fractal backpack or mawdrey, when in less time and with less effort i can get an equal or better (stat-choice) backpack from a map like bloodstone fen? (i do have mawdrey cause that at least gave me different things to do)

Why would i go farm my kitten off and pay through the nose for an equipment that doesn’t give me anything better then i already have ? Is it to show people how much of a no-lifer i am that i pour countless hours, and probably cash, into something that i don’t even need, let alone like ?

I’m not a raider, never will be because i hate it as much as i hate it in any other mmo i’ve played over the years. To those that love raiding, gratz in getting an armor (if you can) you want, but most important, did you have fun getting forced into that gamemode for it ? Most of us aren’t to happy about that, even the hardcore ones.

p.s. : legendary weapons used to be “tha bomb”, now they’re just annoying with their effects. Guess Anet didn’t learn from that at all.
“ooh, look, legendary armor.”
“great, more lag, who gives a F.”

I have fun raiding. I enjoyed doing it before we had the armor. I’ll do it afterwards too.

You can get the armor without raiding – you can buy clears. It’s not that hard.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Aazo.2841

Aazo.2841

What they need to do is make different sets for different play-styles of the game. So us WVW’ers could WVW for our set, TPVP’ers for theirs, and PVE’ers and do there raids for theirs. Also have different criteria .. say Gold or Platinum ranking or better for wvw’ers.. and something similar for the PVP’ers. Not everyone wants to grind through some stupid PVE raid to get something for the game. Lets those of us that enjoy other aspects of the game get our set by doing our gameplay mode. This way the PVE’ers can have their exclusive set, PVP’ers thiers, and WVWers also a set. It would seem like a win, win situation that way.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

On second thought, regardless of all the “bad” that you have to go through to get it, this armor is purely amazing. The team behind this – the specific animators and artist – Man…you guys you need to take a serious bow over this. Not even Blizzard or SE has made anything close to this. They’ve animated shoulders and belts before, but the way this set just organically transforms, is a modern marvel to MMOs (much like the legendary weapons, might I add).

People are going to hate it, but i think you’ll find alot more who love it, and will enjoy it. Super huge grats to all you raiders who are working towards this.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I was total blown away by this and wanted to ask, what did everyone else think?

I think that, instead of having animated armor (which I am certain the younger players or anime lovers will die for), I would prefer it to have the ability to apply any skin we want to it (and change it at any time) without having to waste Transmutation Charges — because I don’t want the same armor look on each character and have no use for animated armor, either (I believe that the game already has enough gimmicks that make you look “cool” and “special”, like the Nightwing shoulder skin, for instance).

but the way this set just organically transforms, is a modern marvel to MMOs

Exactly. Ugh… this is Guild Wars, not the Marvel Universe.

(edited by Ashantara.8731)

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Exactly this.
Not every armor has to be a spikefest.
Not every armor has to have unique “stuff” to make it super “rad”.

It’s okay for armor to be just that – ARMOR. It’s ok for it to be recognizable as armor.
Like I said before – Human cultural T3 armor is some of the best heavy armor in game – almost all human heavy players have used it extensively because it looks great – it feels great and is a well polished set that doesn’t scream “i’m 13 and I like SUPER EXTREME STUFF”.

Not everything has to be a big spikey detail-filled set, no.

But I’m not sure how you’d get a meaningful animated transformation on a more “basic” armor set. If the whole point is being minimalistic and realistic, then what kind of animations could you really have? For such animations to have a large visible impact, it almost seems like you need a lot of details and over-the-top modelling.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: jacim.5904

jacim.5904

Dont like the look from ascended armor.
Dont like legendary armor either.
Ill take Obsidian armor any day of the week specially cause it had a unique look for every profession.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

The move effect is 10/10 otherwise it’s an ugly armor that I don’t plan to get unless there is an epic light armor version for my ele that won’t make my look like a hulk and more like an archmage.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Whoa, are you telling me that people have preferences on what they aesthetically like?

…Can’t please everyone, but I will say this armor is entirely new territory for…well as someone put it, MMOs in general. The effect itself is something delivered, I am going to wear this armor. Would I have minded some of the spikes being just a little less long? Sure, but this armor will look amazing on my heavy armor classes.

And I firmly believe that the Medium and Light Armor won’t get spikes, Metal spikes make sense for plated mail, I am curious about Leather and Cloth. Maybe…Organic and Magical animations?

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Ronnie Hu.1694

Ronnie Hu.1694

Armor so cool
but i ’m not raider

i suggest the devs put this armor in every play mode, PVE , PVP and WVW
so everyone happy

(edited by Ronnie Hu.1694)

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Looks great, how do I get it in WvW?
Oh wait, WvW doesn’t have nice things.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Legendary Armor

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Looks great, how do I get it in WvW?
Oh wait, WvW doesn’t have nice things.

You have portable cannons though. :^)

I do hope they will add a PvP and WvW exclusive legendary armor (i.e. two different sets) later on. Then at least each game mode would have one set, at that point you’d just have to hope one of them doesn’t look like utter crap.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

ONLY 1 …. for all types of armor …. O_o …. what is Anet doing all day

….

and why only seen on humääään ….. take other races as well … but i think you need another year to fix clipping problems …. see ya in a year …. bye

This is just the heavy set, so it’s not 1 for all types of armor. They are still working on light and medium but have stated those are not ready to be shown just yet. They’ve announced it will be several months still before all 3 weight classes are done. Read the article they released about this and you’d know this.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

I like the concept but not a fan of the armor itself. But I’m known to hate heavy armor so I can’t judge too much

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Ghost Bear.5280

Ghost Bear.5280

For me there is no interest for a number of reasons.

Aesthetically I am more minimalist(My favorite armor in GW1 was Assassin Vabbian and even that had weird extra blades on it. I refused to even go anywhere near Ancient, which the heavy armor here is very reminiscent.) or thematic. The heavy armor doesn’t appeal to me aesthetically and it doesn’t fit the themes of any of my Heavy characters. Maybe medium or light will..
If they make yet ANOTHER medium torso armor that is just a long coat or a slightly altered long coat… I will have even less than zero interest in that.
Though that might not matter because I have no interest in raiding. Zero. Zilch. None. I looked at it one time. Walked away, haven’t regretted the decision.

Neat idea with the movement and such, but for me less is more and far too many armors in this game go with the more is more aesthetic.

Enjoy it if you like it.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

I’m not too fond of this armor set, especially with the over-the-top spikes. If the other legendary armors are as uninteresting to me as this, I will be glad that I never got into raiding. Having said that, it is a type of armor that will appeal to some players and having different armor designs is always a good thing.

My only real problem with this armor is that I suspect that animating it took lots of resources from armor design. I wonder if non-raiders got 1 less armor set just because of the animation work. This isn’t to bash raiders, because it wouldn’t be a problem if we had a decent frequency of armor releases to begin with.

Whatever the case, I hope that the precursor is exactly the same as the out of combat version, so that raiders can use that armor without all the spikes if they want to.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

im still working on my first weapon. this will never happen.

im bad at sarcasm

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

Reporting a guy called Krats Ynot. He said that he designed that armor for his ch Robert Powney Sr. Please ban

Legendary Armor

Posted by: MetalGirl.2370

MetalGirl.2370

Legendary is alright but way too much money is spent on something only small % will have.
But when literally 70-80% of us want normal new armor in game then excuse is – we can’t it costs a lot and takes a lot of time. (and it wouldn’t even have fancy animations or anything special- in fact many light weight people wanted simple pants or just casual outfit)

Mesmerizing

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Towatha.4671

Towatha.4671

Looks great! but I don’t raid . . .

Legendary Armor

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I think it is awesome. I look forward to seeing the other sets when they are done. I mostly play light armor classes and I just don’t see how a cloth armor set can transform like that. It will be interesting to see what Anet comes up with. I’m glad they are making progress on some real raid rewards finally. Hopefully the next raid comes out soon.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I don’t raid because I have a job and cannot dedicate specific days 24/7 to guilds, plus it’s hard to come across a good community guild thus I probably will never obtain this armor and tbh, I don’t mind in terms of:

Appearance 4/10: It’s like I’m staring at an Adventure Quest monster or some kind of Transformer for the latter; something a pre-teen might find appealing due to the plethora of overly obnoxious spikes ANet seems to always enjoy plastering onto either the shoulders and/or chausses/tassets (especially the chausses because I feel like it’s presented as a mirror Mistward leg armor lazy feature). Generic western game armor design overall. There’s so many freelance artists out there who’s passion is creating absolutely epic, draw-dropping armor concepts with unique layers/embroidery yet this design feels like a cheap action figure out of a cereal packet. I would’ve suggested browsing the web a bit more and/or digging into some old-school games for more inspiration.

Animation 8/10: I’ll be biased here stating I’m easily intrigued at anything that moves. Animated armor isn’t something you see in every game; very smooth and it’s good to see it start subtly at the headpiece. My only gripe is something that every game suffers so I’m understanding developers will never make perfectly animated/utility armor and that is clipping in general. Parts of the armor when retreating into sheathed mode overlap bits in front of it which looks odd. Call me nit picky if you may; but those tiny details stand out to me. Either way it’s pretty neat to see the developers put time and effort into animating armor like this.

Don’t have much else to say, I’m neither overly impressed nor disappointed – this route in choice of armor design on ANet’s behalf was expected given their recent HoT representations regarding armor. I can only hope they branch out their forms of inspiration from plenty of other sources across the board as a whole e.g; movies, concept artist graphic design, other games, historical armor, graphic novels.

Obligatory calling-it-now immense legendary buttcape incoming for medium armor. I honestly will not be surprised.