in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Please no.

Legendary Armor: Feedback [merged]

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

Some will like it, some wont, and some will only get it for the additional functionality. But to ask for a complete rework of something that took two years is unreasonable. I’m just hoping they can learn from the experience, streamline the creation process and hope the next set is better/more fitting to my professions.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Breaking news. Whiny player doesn’t like new armour sets and so wants Anet to redo all 3 because of this. More of this at 10.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

A statement that is not true is only a lie if the person making it knows at the time that it is false.

If you honestly believe what you are saying then you are not lying even if you are wrong. If I ask someone about their health and they say that it is good, when unknown to them they have an undiagnosed tumor, they are not lying, just unfortunately mistaken.

And do you think Anet made a false statement intentionally or otherwise? Regarding resources used in Raids? Personally, I don’t. I feel that they made a statement, and have kept to it.

I do not think that they made a false statement in this matter. If they perceive the amount of resources, total number of devs, assigned to raid development to be small then they did not lie. Of course someone else could say that they believe that 5 devs (or however many) is a large resource allocation.

I believe that, if the total number of raid devs is 20 or less, the percentage of the GW2 total number of devs is not more than 10% (if I remember the total correctly). Ten percent is significant, but not what I would consider inappropriately large for content that may very well be enjoyed by a similar percentage of players. Particularly if raid dev innovations make their way into other aspects of the game.

I agree. My statement about lying was more directed to one individual who seems to be presenting arguments in a manner that makes it look like Anet is intentionally misleading their community (without any hard evidence), when I do not believe that they are.

You’re making a semantics argument about the definition of “lying” when I never even said I believed they were lying about anything.

In fact, I have always found Anet to be fairly ethical and up front in their communication.

Im saying that when Anet tried to reassure everyone that resource allocation related to raids wouldn’t have an impact on the rest of the game, they didn’t really think the statement through – thinking in terms of content development and the small raid team but not acknowledging things like this (or story team resources).

So, yes – from an instance and fight development perspective, there has probably been little impact on development outside of the raid team. But when you start looking at the obviously shared resources (such as design and story, most likely), the statement no longer holds water.

I don’t think they were lying, but I also don’t think that the people making the statements were looking at the big picture (a mistake that Anet seems to have made a lot in the past 1.5 years, imo).

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If you can find one skin in the game that everyone likes, I’ll support your petition.

It’s hard to imagine, though, that it’s worth ANet’s time to throw away the current design and start over. It seems far more likely that if we like having legendary armor, that they might (a) create another 15 sets (one per weight per race) or (b) a skinless set, just for the swappable stats, obtainable outside of raids.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

A statement that is not true is only a lie if the person making it knows at the time that it is false.

If you honestly believe what you are saying then you are not lying even if you are wrong. If I ask someone about their health and they say that it is good, when unknown to them they have an undiagnosed tumor, they are not lying, just unfortunately mistaken.

And do you think Anet made a false statement intentionally or otherwise? Regarding resources used in Raids? Personally, I don’t. I feel that they made a statement, and have kept to it.

I do not think that they made a false statement in this matter. If they perceive the amount of resources, total number of devs, assigned to raid development to be small then they did not lie. Of course someone else could say that they believe that 5 devs (or however many) is a large resource allocation.

I believe that, if the total number of raid devs is 20 or less, the percentage of the GW2 total number of devs is not more than 10% (if I remember the total correctly). Ten percent is significant, but not what I would consider inappropriately large for content that may very well be enjoyed by a similar percentage of players. Particularly if raid dev innovations make their way into other aspects of the game.

I agree. My statement about lying was more directed to one individual who seems to be presenting arguments in a manner that makes it look like Anet is intentionally misleading their community (without any hard evidence), when I do not believe that they are.

You’re making a semantics argument about the definition of “lying” when I never even said I believed they were lying about anything.

In fact, I have always found Anet to be fairly ethical and up front in their communication.

Im saying that when Anet tried to reassure everyone that resource allocation related to raids wouldn’t have an impact on the rest of the game, they didn’t really think the statement through – thinking in terms of content development and the small raid team but not acknowledging things like this (or story team resources).

So, yes – from an instance and fight development perspective, there has probably been little impact on development outside of the raid team. But when you start looking at the obviously shared resources (such as design and story, most likely), the statement no longer holds water.

I don’t think they were lying, but I also don’t think that the people making the statements were looking at the big picture (a mistake that Anet seems to have made a lot in the past 1.5 years, imo).

Do you have any proof that the team that did the armor was a shared resources?

I’m also fairly positive that Anet has a very clear idea of the “big picture”, what they are working on, and what they are working towards. You may not see the big picture the same way that they do, it obviously doesn’t jive with what you want it to be, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t know what the “big picture” is.

(edited by Fatalyz.7168)

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

I don’t care for the skins, either, but I don’t want them to try to redo these. They’re not my deal but I understood that they put a lot of work into them, and grats to the artists for that. I understand there are engine limitations.

However, I also believe some decisions regarding the armours could have been different. I just hope another set is released at some point in the future, possibly with some community feedback next time, even if it’s just straw polls.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I’m also fairly positive that Anet has a very clear idea of the “big picture”, what they are working on, and what they are working towards. You may not see the big picture the same way that they do, it obviously doesn’t jive with what you want it to be, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t know what the “big picture” is.

I think we all know they likely were shared resources, but even if they weren’t, they definitely should be. New armor skins, clipping and quality of life changes like swappable runes are not things uniquely desired by raiders.

There are finite resources within a company. Delegation of those resources is a reflection of what the company sees as important, and just as much, what they see as unimportant. Im simply commenting on how I perceive that delegation of resources and how I believe it doesn’t mesh with earlier communication regarding where raids fall in the game.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

No. I may not care for how most of it looks, but I’m not going to stamp my feet and tell them to scrap years of work. Hopefully, next time they can/will take more player opinion on the looks of the armor.

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The creativity well seems to have dried up in regards to skins.

Although there is much beautiful artwork in Guild Wars 2, the armours have to be one of it’s most below-par aspects. I blame the need to fit such a broad variety of insane player models – Yes, I’m blaming the Charr model for ugly armours.

I think the Legendary armour should NOT be redone, however, and that time should be put into something new instead because why delete stuff (although they have deleted a LOT of stuff) before it gets into the game?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Fuglier than sin (all weights).

Please Anet, start over, redo, scratch.

Well, maybe you could submit some designs of what you think will look good for Legendary Armor, all three weights of course, and let the rest of us have a look.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I think legendary weapons set a high bar. people expected twilight/astralarium level design.
I can only hope that this first set is one among many sets of legendary armor.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Fatalyz.7168

I think we all know they likely were shared resources, but even if they weren’t, they definitely should be. New armor skins, clipping and quality of life changes like swappable runes are not things uniquely desired by raiders.

There are finite resources within a company. Delegation of those resources is a reflection of what the company sees as important, and just as much, what they see as unimportant. Im simply commenting on how I perceive that delegation of resources and how I believe it doesn’t mesh with earlier communication regarding where raids fall in the game.

That’s fine if you are just commenting on it. However your comments come off as knowing or having information that others do not.

Yes it very well could have been a shared resource, however we won’t know unless they tell us. Whether it could have been or not, is not relevant to whether it is or not. It also seems likely that if it isn’t a shared resource, that the other teams would be able to take advantage of those advancements that were made and apply them to existing armor, as you said, if they feel it is important enough.

I get that you don’t believe that their statements, however your believe is only founded in your own experiences. We do not know the size of the team that they had working on this. It could have very well just been 3 people for the past 2 years.

The other thing that you can not know, is that if those people hadn’t been used on legendary armor, that they would have been used for other parts of the game. To expand on this, had Anet not made legendary armor, there is no guarantee that the people that made it, would have worked on any of the other things that they could have done that the community wants. Had they not have made Legendary armor, those people that made it, could have just continued making other skins for raiders, and still remain true to their model of Raids not having an impact on other areas of development.

Posted by: Del.4309

Del.4309

Heavy: Looks good, not as big and spiky as I expected.

Medium: Meh, nothing special, not bad looking tho.

Light: A little bit too much for me (too shiny), and yeah butt capes -_-.

Posted by: Nangl.8740

Nangl.8740

They’re absolute disasters. What happend to Anet’s designers??
They literally picked pieces of some of the worst looking armors in game and added some horrible pointy stuff on them.
Com on, this is suposed to be legendary, how can they be so lazy? At least make NEW horrible designs

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

For the amount of time that went into this armor, I must say It sucks.

For the amount of time it took, the most gorgeous, stunning and amazing armour in the world would suck.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Here’s a thought: How about waiting until it’s actually in the game before deciding whether we like something or not?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

Let’s see if I got this right: you want them to redo 3 armour sets for 5 races and 2 genders that took at least 18 months to produce that’s only attainable to a small group within a small group for only one game mode?

I’m going to have to vote ‘no’ on that one, sport.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

You can vote for anything you like, they are not going to redo them.
Maybe wait to see them in game before finalising your opinion?

In the meantime, get selling your mats. I’m about 1000 gold richer as a result of the crazy TP prices. Sold half of my T4 mats then cashed in some laurels and sold some more T4 stuff. Easiest gold you’ll ever make.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Sometimes when we merge, the thread gets a little wonky and it does not appear on the main index page. I’m posting here to “right that wrong” and get this back on the index.

Please note: We do not support polls or petitions on the forums, and ask that you not create threads about them. I have merged those threads into this main feedback thread, but it would be more productive for players to share their individual thoughts outside the parameters of any attempted poll or petition.

Thanks.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

My only feedback is I’d like to them animated rather than static screenshots. If the animated side of things is where all the significant work has gone, then it would be great to see shown off that in the blog rather than just stills.

The stills just look like any other new/shiny armour set, so it’s difficult to judge or give feedback on them.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

@Balaeys.
Different play styles in this game mean something else.
You can play different modes and be rewarded – but if you’re bad at one mode you’re definitely going to not have fun in that mode.

The difference between casual and hardcore is the time investment and how much the game means to them.
If you have someone that can’t raid ( because of low skill) – if they’re hardcore enough about the game they can get the armor – they can buy the runs with gold.

The casual is the one that can’t get the armor because:
1. He doesn’t play the game enough to earn the gold to buy his runs.
2. He doesn’t play the game enough to be good and gear up and find people to actually do raids.
3. The game doesn’t matter to him enough that he would spend that much money getting gems to buy gold and buy his way to legendary armor.

That’s how I draw the line.
If you care enough about GW2 and Legendary armor – you can get it without much hassle. It will cost you money. Alternatively you can get it for free but it will cost you time.

That’s the difference between casual and hardcore.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Sometimes when we merge, the thread gets a little wonky and it does not appear on the main index page. I’m posting here to “right that wrong” and get this back on the index.

Please note: We do not support polls or petitions on the forums, and ask that you not create threads about them. I have merged those threads into this main feedback thread, but it would be more productive for players to share their individual thoughts outside the parameters of any attempted poll or petition.

Thanks.

Ok i will start my feedback here then.

How they look is not important but how you get them is. If raids are the main way i think its putting to much reward on one game type. Its also taking away from ppl even getting it due to how excessive raids can be. GW2 is the different mmorpg that is for playing the way you want what the point of playing a game type if you do not enjoy it? Please stop making raids the most important thing in gw2 please make legendary armor obtainable in wvw spvp and open world pve.

If raids must have a “hay look at what i can do” make it skins only not a set of gear that you can get a lot of horizontal progression out of.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Locking it behind Raids isn’t necessarily an issue, as long as the locking is a simple matter of currency farming (like the Gift of Battle). If using a currency system, literally any player can fail every week but still eventually buy the things they need (or beat a few easy ones each week and fail the rest to speed things up).

If you actually limit access to only those players who beat or repeatedly beat all the raid wings, that’s the kind of bad game design that most of us left other games for when we first came to GW2.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Zaraki.5784

Zaraki.5784

Just a question: will it have any footstep/aura effect?

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Thanks.

How they look is not important but how you get them is. If raids are the main way i think its putting to much reward on one game type. Its also taking away from ppl even getting it due to how excessive raids can be. GW2 is the different mmorpg that is for playing the way you want what the point of playing a game type if you do not enjoy it? Please stop making raids the most important thing in gw2 please make legendary armor obtainable in wvw spvp and open world pve.

If raids must have a “hay look at what i can do” make it skins only not a set of gear that you can get a lot of horizontal progression out of.

so what you are really saying is the stat switching functionality of legendary armor is more important than how it looks. and that every one should be able to work towards that without raids.

Fatalyz.7168

Thanks.

Two things:
1) Raids are not the most important thing in the game to Anet, they aren’t even acting like it.
2) Legendary armor was the ultimate goal for Raiders. It is possible that they will release another Legendary armor type elsewhere, but for now, this one is strictly for Raiders or those that want to buy their way to it.

Jski.6180

Thanks.

so what you are really saying is the stat switching functionality of legendary armor is more important than how it looks. and that every one should be able to work towards that without raids.

YES! Being able to switch combos on the fly for a full armor set and wepon at the same time is unbelievably strong in wvw and pve. I would take legendary armor as a long cloth or some of the worst looking skin if only i could get the ability to swap combos (because it add in horizontal progression of combo as they add in more content).

Two things:
1) Raids are not the most important thing in the game to Anet, they aren’t even acting like it.
2) Legendary armor was the ultimate goal for Raiders. It is possible that they will release another Legendary armor type elsewhere, but for now, this one is strictly for Raiders or those that want to buy their way to it.

When you lose builds in wvw because of raid “balancing” and when they put a lot of story content into raids behind gear walls it becomes the more important thing in gw2.
Legendary should be the ultimate goal for every one who plays gw2 like the weapons where and still are that have nothing to do with raids over the last 5 years.

(edited by Jski.6180)

phys.7689

@Balaeys.
You can play different modes and be rewarded – but if you’re bad at one mode you’re definitely going to not have fun in that mode.

The difference between casual and hardcore is the time investment and how much the game means to them.
If you have someone that can’t raid ( because of low skill) – if they’re hardcore enough about the game they can get the armor – they can buy the runs with gold.

2. He doesn’t play the game enough to be good and gear up and find people to actually do raids.
3. The game doesn’t matter to him enough that he would spend that much money getting gems to buy gold and buy his way to legendary armor.

If you care enough about GW2 and Legendary armor – you can get it without much hassle. It will cost you money. Alternatively you can get it for free but it will cost you time.

some people are opposed to the very concept of buying raids/dungeons. Some people like to do content to get things, just not raids.

imo buying raids/dungeons feels like a trashy way of obtaining anything in a game. Which i admit is subjective, but its a bit myopic to say why are you complaining about game design decisons when you can pay me to play the game for you.

phys.7689

Thanks.

YES! Being able to switch combos on the fly for a full armor set and wepon at the same time is unbelievably strong in wvw and pve. I would take legendary armor as a long cloth or some of the worst looking skin if only i could get the ability to swap combos (because it add in horizontal progression of combo as they add in more content).

it should be relatively easy to create a legendary armor piece that has no skin (or is naked!) now that they have built the legendary functionality. Question is, do they want to? or do they want raids to have a functional benefit to make it feel worth it.

Posted by: Susy.7529

Susy.7529

I really hope so, a legendary is not a legendary without footsteps (backpack excluded sadly).

Jski.6180

Thanks.

it should be relatively easy to create a legendary armor piece that has no skin (or is naked!) now that they have built the legendary functionality. Question is, do they want to? or do they want raids to have a functional benefit to make it feel worth it.

Some ppl want to have as low of clothing on as they can weird chars and all. Gw2 is a game of horizontal gear progression the more combos you can use the better off your are. Legendary are the best gear because every update that add in more combos your legendary can now horizontally progress more.

Raids realty need to be skins only and maybe deeper story but not so much that you need to raid to get what going on. (Or go watch it on YouTube.)

Fatalyz.7168

Thanks.

So it seems that you should be asking for another Legendary armor to be obtained elsewhere. Not asking for this one to become more readily available.

Two things:

When you lose builds in wvw because of raid “balancing” and when they put a lot of story content into raids behind gear walls it becomes the more important thing in gw2.
Legendary should be the ultimate goal for every one who plays gw2 like the weapons where and still are that have nothing to do with raids over the last 5 years.
[/quote]

So what happens when builds in open world pve, raids, and spvp are killed for wvw “balancing” ? It goes all ways.

What gear walls do raids in gw2 have? None that I am aware of, care to explain that theory?

People asked for exclusive rewards per game mode, Legendary armor is the culmination of that. Legendary backpieces were the beginning. The best that can be hoped for, if you don’t want to raid, is that different Legendary armor sets are introduced into other parts of the game.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I really hope so, a legendary is not a legendary without footsteps (backpack excluded sadly).

I doubt they will.

If they had footsteps, it would interfere with the weapon footsteps.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Aura.2169

Aura.2169

I just wanna say I can’t Thank You enough for bringing such beauty into the game and awesome work on the Legendsry Armors. Thank You for your hard work ANET. ????

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

It’s relevant because if you wanted a legendary backpiece then you found one of the ways to get one, whereas with leggie armor, there is only one way to obtain one. The original founding principle of this game, was to be able to obtain any goal however you wanted to.

no it wasnt

Jski.6180

Thanks.

So it seems that you should be asking for another Legendary armor to be obtained elsewhere. Not asking for this one to become more readily available.

Two things:

So what happens when builds in open world pve, raids, and spvp are killed for wvw “balancing” ? It goes all ways.

What gear walls do raids in gw2 have? None that I am aware of, care to explain that theory?

People asked for exclusive rewards per game mode, Legendary armor is the culmination of that. Legendary backpieces were the beginning. The best that can be hoped for, if you don’t want to raid, is that different Legendary armor sets are introduced into other parts of the game.[/quote]

Point for point:

It should be hard to get but not though exclusive content so every one can get it over time.

There have been lose of builds in wvw divisibility to do nerf and buffs of skill becuse of them working one way or another in raids. Ghost thf (all though i hate this build but it still should be a chose) was nerf because ppl could solo a raid boss not because it was annoying. Staff ele was nerf because its metor was doing too much dmg vs big mobs (all though there still WH with wild fire and lighting orb so i am not sure what going on there). These where updates that destroy builds because these effect push the classes over the top in raids and raids only.

There is a gear wall as in you need the best gear to hit the max / min of dps armor and healing checks of a boss fight in raids. You could even say there build and class walls in raids due to having to over specialized in a roll to even beat bosses. That not what GW2 was made to be and its not good to try to make ppl play that way for things like legendary armor. Even legendary weapons where a mostly play the way you wanted to all be it took a long time to do it.

The thing about Legendary back pieces is that they added in blood stone fine where you can effetely have one with out too much work all be it weaker then a real legendary. I do think they need to add in more Legendary back pieces to the game out side of spvp but a back pieces is nothing compared to a wepon or a full armor set.

Posted by: Mr Pin.6728

Mr Pin.6728

What I find interesting is that legendary armor should be an interesting addition to the game, a way to engage the player base and get them working towards long terms goals to maintain an active interest in the game and community.

However, the implementation seems to have had an opposite effect, leading some facets of the community to feel excluded from what should be an exciting addition. The 100+ hours adjusting snap points post didn’t help matters considering modes like wvw still don’t have ascended vendors. Or legendary back pieces. Or a way to obtain the prestige version of their exclusive armor skin that has been in the game and been viewable in the wardrobe for almost a year I believe? Just flip the switch on that already. Compound that with pvp’s own internal problems and I wonder where the wisdom was to focus so heavily on raids for so long and then to provide those people with exclusive functionality. It most certainly wasn’t an intentional middle finger to aspects to the community that have little to no interest in raids but I can see why it can feel that way.

Now I should do the seemingly mandatory – I raid, I don’t enjoy raids (I help my guild), I play Wvw, I haven’t reskinned my armor in 3+ years, the legendary armor doesn’t appeal to me (the gating sucks and the payoff is ugly) so my opinions may be – and most certainly are – skewed but I feel the developers could have gotten way more bang for their buck on this by not making it so exclusive. But hey, at least wooden potatoes should make a quick buck off the forging of legendary armor video that will be out in a week so. So there’s that.

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

i absolutely love the medium set. even though im a heavy armor main and hate trenchcoats somehow i really like this one.

im bad at sarcasm

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

@Balaeys.

some people are opposed to the very concept of buying raids/dungeons. Some people like to do content to get things, just not raids.

imo buying raids/dungeons feels like a trashy way of obtaining anything in a game. Which i admit is subjective, but its a bit myopic to say why are you complaining about game design decisons when you can pay me to play the game for you.

Well you can’t be opposed to everything now can you?
You’re opposed to spending the gold.
You’re opposed to spending the time.

How can you get something if you don’t work for it?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Matt H.6142

Matt H.6142

Congrats to the team if they’ve made the most functional armor assets they could. The medium and light sets are using silhouettes and themes seen before though. Medium looks like the hexed outfit while light reminds me of the crystal arbiter.
But it’ll be good to see them animate, try different dyes, maybe mix and match, and hopefully become a reward for other achievements.
It looks like the pieces to get for the biggest impact are the heavy helm and boots, and the heavy and light shoulders.

Fort Aspenwood home
All Professions Level 80

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

I’m disappointed with light and medium armor. Light armor has another butt cape and medium armor is another trench coat. They also just overall look bad. Heavy armor looks good, no complaints there

Fatalyz.7168

It should be hard to get but not though exclusive content so every one can get it over time.

I disagree. Exclusive content is exactly where it belongs. More exclusivity in skins that are obtained is better overall.

There have been lose of builds in wvw divisibility to do nerf and buffs of skill becuse of them working one way or another in raids. Ghost thf (all though i hate this build but it still should be a chose) was nerf because ppl could solo a raid boss not because it was annoying. Staff ele was nerf because its metor was doing too much dmg vs big mobs (all though there still WH with wild fire and lighting orb so i am not sure what going on there). These where updates that destroy builds because these effect push the classes over the top in raids and raids only.

Meteor Shower should have been nerfed long ago, not just because of raids. Yes, raids brought it’s issues more into the light, but it was already OP.

Do you have any proof that ghost thief was nerfed because of raids, or is that just your assumption?

Also, if Ghost thief was nerfed because it could solo bosses, why hasn’t Druid been nerfed yet, as it is able to solo Cairn. Mesmers can solo VG (I’m pretty sure can be done, just not how long it would take).

There is a gear wall as in you need the best gear to hit the max / min of dps armor and healing checks of a boss fight in raids. You could even say there build and class walls in raids due to having to over specialized in a roll to even beat bosses. That not what GW2 was made to be and its not good to try to make ppl play that way for things like legendary armor. Even legendary weapons where a mostly play the way you wanted to all be it took a long time to do it.

Two things here:
1) You do not need the best gear in order to clear raids, they have been done in blues and greens. They are also low-manned pretty regularly (I can verify this as I have regularly low-manned bosses, 5-man VG etc), as well as possible to go past the enrage timer without a wipe (my guild once went about 3-5 minutes past the timer on Matt, but still killed him with only one other death). This indicates that the min/maxing is way more lax than you make it out to be, and that the true barrier to being able to clear raids, is simply mastering the mechanics of the fight.

2) You can still play the game the way that you want and earn Legendary armor, you might not be able to earn it the way you want to, but to say you can’t earn it from doing what you want is false. You can farm AB, Frac 40, etc til your heart is content, and take the money that you made, and buy it.

The thing about Legendary back pieces is that they added in blood stone fine where you can effetely have one with out too much work all be it weaker then a real legendary. I do think they need to add in more Legendary back pieces to the game out side of spvp but a back pieces is nothing compared to a wepon or a full armor set.

Backpieces are also, apparently, one of the easiest cosmetic items for them to add to the game. I’m not saying that other places don’t deserve to be able to have a Legendary armor reward with it, just not this one. Unfortunately it remains to be seen if Anet will do another set, and if so, will it remain Raid exclusive.

Jski.6180

@ Fatalyz.7168
That simply not what gw2 is you need to stop trying to changes things to fit your own likes to make other ppl suffer.

Why though what about metor was to powerful out side of raids where you need to have an icd per npc targets hit?

A build a build even ghost thf is a build and it was the video of the ghost thf soloing a raid boss that nerf it not what it was doing in wvw for a good 5 years.

You still are pushed into very aimed builds and the a lot of blues / greens are not must have for some class types but if your going for the full dps you need the best if your going for that full tank you need the best.
You can play every thing with out legendary armor but because of how horizontal progression works in gw2 its something you should want in all game types and not just raids.

Backpieces offer the lowest + effects in the game comparing it to a wepon and armor is not going to work.

Fatalyz.7168

That simply not what gw2 is you need to stop trying to changes things to fit your own likes to make other ppl suffer.

This is simply a false statement, I am not trying to change anything nor am I trying to make anyone suffer (I’m not malicious, I may not be caring, but I’m not malicious). I am accepting of what GW2 currently is. You are trying to change Legendary armor from being a Raid exclusive item to a non-raid exclusive item.

Why though what about metor was to powerful out side of raids where you need to have an icd per npc targets hit?

Because of the fact that it could hit a single target multiple times in less than a second, that is extremely powerful, especially with how hard MS can hit.

A build a build even ghost thf is a build and it was the video of the ghost thf soloing a raid boss that nerf it not what it was doing in wvw for a good 5 years.

Ghost thief being in WvW for 5 years doesn’t mean that it was exempt from being nerfed. This is also not proof that it was nerfed because of raids, this is your assumption that it was. A video showing a ghost thief soloing a raid boss is not indication that it was nerfed because of that.

You still are pushed into very aimed builds and the a lot of blues / greens are not must have for some class types but if your going for the full dps you need the best if your going for that full tank you need the best.
You can play every thing with out legendary armor but because of how horizontal progression works in gw2 its something you should want in all game types and not just raids.

The point that I was making, that you missed, is that you do NOT need the best, in order to complete raids. If raids can be cleared in blues/greens or less than 10 people, you do not need the best of anything, other than awareness, which the game can’t give to you. Does having the best help, you bet it does, but it is not required to clear the content. Managing the mechanics of the fight is required to being able to beat it.

I also even said that other game modes should have their own Legendary armor, just not this one.

phys.7689

@Balaeys.

Well you can’t be opposed to everything now can you?
You’re opposed to spending the gold.
You’re opposed to spending the time.

How can you get something if you don’t work for it?

the point isnt that im opposed to spending time.

there are a lot of people opposed to spending gold, who want to spend time. But not time raiding.

they want to work, they dont want to raid. Which cant be too surprising since raiding is relatively new, and not what the game was sold on. In fact they claimed raids were to big, and 5 man was the optimal group structure.

i’m not even saying i want legendary armor specifically myself, but i can see why people are mad its locked to raiding and dont consider paying players to do it for them to be real gameplay.

Jski.6180

@ Fatalyz.7168
Up to this point gw2 has been a very player friendly game somthing you can log in do something and log out as you want. Raids are on a comply different level or having to get ppl together get the right build and classes and get the right communication. This IS a big changes to gw2 old philosophy. By wanting more added to raids though rewards such as legendary armor is a major changes to gw2 nearly on the level of making gw2 into a different game altogether.

You can still hit player with more then one rock of the metor so… i am not sure what your talking about and there are a lot of skills that are persisting aoe that can hit with more then one. What was it about hitting NPC out side of raids (in wvw siege) that made it needed to be nerf?

Ghost thf where there form the start condi was just simply not that strong so it was never used a lot. Also it was short bow 4? that the ghost thf use to use. This game been out for a long time raids are just the “Johnny come lately” so its Anet new love affair. That kind of how anet been like from the start over fixing the old they simply try to cover problem with new things that add all new problems and raids add in a LOT of new problems.

You do compared to what gw2 use to be. Human are still human they rate and require linking gear and now dps meters something anet as been agned from the start (only now they soften on it).

I get that but we are talking about the current legendary armor and it is only in raids from the info we have. That is a problem its great that you feel that way but we NEED to make anet feel that way. By being soft on anet for putting things into raids only means you become part of the problem.

The GW2 community NEEDS to lock arms on this raids are not the only thing in gw2.

phys.7689

I disagree. Exclusive content is exactly where it belongs. More exclusivity in skins that are obtained is better overall.

Meteor Shower should have been nerfed long ago, not just because of raids. Yes, raids brought it’s issues more into the light, but it was already OP.

Do you have any proof that ghost thief was nerfed because of raids, or is that just your assumption?

Also, if Ghost thief was nerfed because it could solo bosses, why hasn’t Druid been nerfed yet, as it is able to solo Cairn. Mesmers can solo VG (I’m pretty sure can be done, just not how long it would take).

Two things here:
1) You do not need the best gear in order to clear raids, they have been done in blues and greens. They are also low-manned pretty regularly (I can verify this as I have regularly low-manned bosses, 5-man VG etc), as well as possible to go past the enrage timer without a wipe (my guild once went about 3-5 minutes past the timer on Matt, but still killed him with only one other death). This indicates that the min/maxing is way more lax than you make it out to be, and that the true barrier to being able to clear raids, is simply mastering the mechanics of the fight.

2) You can still play the game the way that you want and earn Legendary armor, you might not be able to earn it the way you want to, but to say you can’t earn it from doing what you want is false. You can farm AB, Frac 40, etc til your heart is content, and take the money that you made, and buy it.

Backpieces are also, apparently, one of the easiest cosmetic items for them to add to the game. I’m not saying that other places don’t deserve to be able to have a Legendary armor reward with it, just not this one. Unfortunately it remains to be seen if Anet will do another set, and if so, will it remain Raid exclusive.

i’m pretty sure anet has said that buying runs is not officially supported, and in fact deterred, though they havent gone out their way to stop it. So claiming that as the mechanic designed to spread legendary to non raiders is not likely.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Here’s a thought: How about waiting until it’s actually in the game before deciding whether we like something or not?

I think I detect a bit of an ironic voice in that comment. However, I agree with the advice because it just makes sense. (Sort of like looking at the pictures in a photograph menu isn’t the same as tasting the food?)

We know from the blog post that a static screenshot doesn’t show us all the elements incorporated into the legendary armor. I’m looking forward to you guys seeing it fully, after which it’ll be great if you share those impressions as well.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

I think I detect a bit of an ironic voice in that comment. However, I agree with the advice because it just makes sense. (Sort of like looking at the pictures in a photograph menu isn’t the same as tasting the food?)

We know from the blog post that a static screenshot doesn’t show us all the elements incorporated into the legendary armor. I’m looking forward to you guys seeing it fully, after which it’ll be great if you share those impressions as well.

Here s a thought, how about making the new gear obtainable in EVERY game mode? There isnt even a WVW ascended armour vendor in that neglected game mode and now you r bringing new shinies for pve only. Even spvp got a decent way of getting ascended 2 seasons ago. And wvw we can go 600ranks and get AT MOST a pair of rimgs with fixed stats, not even able to select stats.