Legendary Armor: Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nidarrock.5692

Nidarrock.5692

Not really digging the look, they just seem over done and excessive. Adding animation to armor is cool and can really enhance the look, the ghostly outfit for example. I know it’s an outfit not an armor, but you get my drift. A number of my characters sport basic armor pieces; my main for example has been rocking the swindler chest piece since I acquired it shortly after launch. It’s the only trench coat worthwhile in my book. Finally, I will agree: no more trench coats and buttcapes.

To top it all off the heavy armor reminds of…

Attachments:

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The mess up is spending this time work time on skins when they could be doing it on balancing and very big problems about gw2 wvw spvp and even pve. Skins should be an after though more then the main thing.

I am fairly certain that the people who work on skins are not really the people who could be balancing the game, developing WvW, PvP, etc.

I get that but they could hire ppl to do one thing over another its not like they can only have a set person working there. Ppl can be fired and hire or even cross train. Cross training is something you should always look to do.

I also do not think its just the ppl who are coming up with the art work for the skin there more to it there coding it in and at the very least you can move ppl such as thing to different places.

The raiding team ppl think is just 10 ppl what they are doing is coming up with how raids should work and maybe programing but they are not making the skins for it nor are they coding thoughts skins in the game. They may not even be coding at all but they are using other ppl to do all of this so that 10 ppl is miss leading. This could be said for every thing in the game so the best judges of what is going on at anet is what comes out for the game. As things stand we have a new LS that has a lot to do with raids we should be getting a new map for pve events many more skins are coming out from thoughts raids and a few i hope from the pve map. Legendary armor seems to be coming out (something that took 4 ish years more then likely just 2 of real work) who knows how many worked on that. We are more then like going to have some level of balance chances to “fix” classes for the new raids.

We may see a reward track line for wvw and spvp that it… do you not see the problem here every thing anet is doing is for raids (with some pve open world). Wvw players and spvp players should get something for there time spend in game beyond just there bare minimum of gear and items. I think there is something to be said about wvw vs pve too as in wvw players are playing for there world pve players are playing for them self there needs to be something to reward this work (as in the wvw rewards even the +% that do not work where never enofe to make wvw going well.)

There is something wrong and anet is causing this with there chose a pure man made bug that only the player bases can fix.

I understand i talked about wvw and spvp here and it may get moved because of that but its a dev waist land on thoughts they do not response or post there (not like they realty post here out side of the start showing this means nothing to them it seems) but still they at least posted once.

So you maybe happy with your new toy just remember a lot of gw2 not going to even get a chances at getting these.

There are limits to crosstraining. Does the hospital crosstrain the kitchen staff to assist surgeons?

Eerything ANet does is most certainly not for raids. Most of what ANet does is not for raids.

As to, “my little toy,” I dont raid, have no interest in doing so. I spend my play time, currently, split between WvW and PvE.

Yes they can. Got to be one of the most classes thing i herd in some time. The thing is a lot of ppl do not raid so yes your little toy will make you better off in wvw because you do raid and other worst off because most wvw plays realty most gw2 players do not raid.

I honestly am not sure that I nderstood you there. Can you perhaps rephrase?

On the chance that I do understand some of it…

No hospitals, at least in my area, do not have cooks, who are not licensed nurses or the equivalent, who did not go through the extensive education and licensing process to be involved in invasive medical procedures, help perform surgery.

No, I most certainly do NOT raid. I dont have the anti-raid hysteria that seems to affect some, I just dont have the time or opportunity.

That is still silly and very classes you could have ppl move from a cook to a person working in a hospital its just an issue of training. Its not like they are a lesser human because they work as a cook (mind you most hospital have cooks and work for that hospital what you feed your charge is very important to the healing process and thinking like that will keep a lot of advantages in medical science from happening.)

Raids are the anty gw2 and are over all the smallest population of gw2. So this is a real take over a ku as it where that Anet is doing that is going to effect every one in gw2 from here on out and make GW2 into that stander treadmill mmorpg. If that what you want there WoW and you will get a lot more out of it.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

So this is a real take over a ku as it where that Anet is doing that is going to effect every one in gw2 from here on out and make GW2 into that stander treadmill mmorpg.

Do you have any proof that this game is going to have a gear treadmill or are you just stating your (incorrect) opinion again?

It appears that you have a lot of opinions, but no facts or proof to back them up. Please get some proof or evidence, and then a discussion can be had. With what you post, there really isn’t room for a discussion.

Jski.6180

So this is a real take over a ku as it where that Anet is doing that is going to effect every one in gw2 from here on out and make GW2 into that stander treadmill mmorpg.

Do you have any proof that this game is going to have a gear treadmill or are you just stating your (incorrect) opinion again?

It appears that you have a lot of opinions, but no facts or proof to back them up. Please get some proof or evidence, and then a discussion can be had. With what you post, there really isn’t room for a discussion.

Yes because gw2 is a horizontal progression game the treadmill is the ability to get new combos. So as they add in more combos to gw2 you get them first as a legendary owner. Its what you would call a power creep to the max. Unless they lock these legendary to a set combo chose because its going to be a pain once they add in expatiation and ppl with these sets do not buy the expansion because they already have the combo.

Fatalyz.7168

Yes because gw2 is a horizontal progression game the treadmill is the ability to get new combos. So as they add in more combos to gw2 you get them first as a legendary owner. Its what you would call a power creep to the max. Unless they lock these legendary to a set combo chose because its going to be a pain once they add in expatiation and ppl with these sets do not buy the expansion because they already have the combo.

The best way to find out, would be to have someone who doesn’t own HoT, but owns a Legendary Weapon. Does that weapon have HoT stats or not?

Having first access to new stats (not higher stats, just different combos) is not Power creep.

Also, the treadmill in this game is not about the new stats, it’s the mastery system for pve, the WvW Rank and Abilities, and for sPvP it’s about getting better at your profession. Yes, new stats can be stronger (looking at Viper’s, Minstel’s, and Commander’s), but this is balanced by the fact that when new stats are introduced, you don’t have to go create a whole new set of ascended armor (exotic, you do, but that is so MUCH cheaper as to not even be a valid comparison, plus they aren’t on the same level stat-wise as ascended and legendary), you only have to create the insignia or inscription to throw into the forge with the item you want to change stats on and a couple of other items.

Most people will most likely buy the new expansion pack for the new elite specs. PvE players will buy it because it continues the story and should add a significant amount of new content.

Btw, you still didn’t bring any facts, proof, or evidence to your post, just more of your opinion.

(edited by Fatalyz.7168)

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Yes because gw2 is a horizontal progression game the treadmill is the ability to get new combos. So as they add in more combos to gw2 you get them first as a legendary owner.

LOL

Stat-swapping exist, you know… You call the one-minute difference between selecting from a combo and using the MF “powercreep”? Yeah, we’d get our runes swapped for free. Or would we? We’re paying like 2500g for a set of armor. Do the math for me, please, and tell me – how many swaps do I have to make to get an actual advantage out of being a legendary owner?

Jski.6180

The best way to find out, would be to have someone who doesn’t own HoT, but owns a Legendary Weapon. Does that weapon have HoT stats or not?

Having first access to new stats (not higher stats, just different combos) is not Power creep.

Also, the treadmill in this game is not about the new stats, it’s the mastery system for pve, the WvW Rank and Abilities, and for sPvP it’s about getting better at your profession. Yes, new stats can be stronger (looking at Viper’s, Minstel’s, and Commander’s), but this is balanced by the fact that when new stats are introduced, you don’t have to go create a whole new set of ascended armor (exotic, you do, but that is so MUCH cheaper as to not even be a valid comparison, plus they aren’t on the same level stat-wise as ascended and legendary), you only have to create the insignia or inscription to throw into the forge with the item you want to change stats on and a couple of other items.

Most people will most likely buy the new expansion pack for the new elite specs. PvE players will buy it because it continues the story and should add a significant amount of new content.

Btw, you still didn’t bring any facts, proof, or evidence to your post, just more of your opinion.

Yes unless they unlock it though buying the expatiation and or getting the inscription and letting the item “eat” it.

But there no reason for them to raid any more once they have every thing. Right now the drive is to get legendary armor it has been from the start of raids realty the start of 4 years ago when they first talked about it. Most ppl who play raid game quit with in thoughts 4 years because gw2 did not have something to keep them going.

Fatalyz.7168

Yes unless they unlock it though buying the expatiation and or getting the inscription and letting the item “eat” it.

Not sure what you are trying to get at here, not gonna touch it.

But there no reason for them to raid any more once they have every thing. Right now the drive is to get legendary armor it has been from the start of raids realty the start of 4 years ago when they first talked about it. Most ppl who play raid game quit with in thoughts 4 years because gw2 did not have something to keep them going.

That is your opinion that there won’t be any reason for them to raid any longer.

I can provide some evidence that this statement is incorrect. Did people stop playing dungeons once they had all of the skins unlocked from it, or did they keep playing? A lot of people kept playing them, and playing them, and playing them.

So in short, no, people will not stop playing raids just because they have Legendary armor. Some will, it’s to be expected, simply because they did raids only to obtain the armor. People that enjoy raids, will keep on playing them whether they have the armor or not.

BTW, are you not able to provide any kind of proof, evidence, or even facts to back up any of your claims? I ask this because you STILL haven’t provided any. You keep going from one claim to another, and I’ve asked for proof, evidence, or even facts about your claims, and you have yet to deliver. I’m beginning to think you aren’t here for a discussion at all, but rather to just complain.

(edited by Fatalyz.7168)

Jski.6180

Not sure what you are trying to get at here, not gonna touch it.

That is your opinion that there won’t be any reason for them to raid any longer.

I can provide some evidence that this statement is incorrect. Did people stop playing dungeons once they had all of the skins unlocked from it, or did they keep playing? A lot of people kept playing them, and playing them, and playing them.

So in short, no, people will not stop playing raids just because they have Legendary armor. Some will, it’s to be expected, simply because they did raids only to obtain the armor. People that enjoy raids, will keep on playing them whether they have the armor or not.

BTW, are you not able to provide any kind of proof, evidence, or even facts to back up any of your claims? You keep going from one claim to another, and I’ve asked for proof, evidence, or even facts about your claims, and you have yet to deliver. I’m beginning to think you aren’t here for a discussion at all, but rather to just complain.

Its called not letting ppl get a free ride. Legendary armor seems to be more of a time gated item set where weapons where more of a gold gated set. By making them have a means of needed to work for a new combo you keep them on par with other players progression.

I did horizontal progression is gw2 treadmill. You just do want what to here it is all. All games have some type of progression most of them are strong version of the gear but that not the only way to add in progression to a game.

Yes because gw2 is a horizontal progression game the treadmill is the ability to get new combos. So as they add in more combos to gw2 you get them first as a legendary owner.

LOL

Stat-swapping exist, you know… You call the one-minute difference between selecting from a combo and using the MF “powercreep”? Yeah, we’d get our runes swapped for free. Or would we? We’re paying like 2500g for a set of armor. Do the math for me, please, and tell me – how many swaps do I have to make to get an actual advantage out of being a legendary owner?

It is power creep at its purest form. If they add in more combos like traibalzers or even 5 state combso or a super 1 combo you can for free and with out doing pve content get these effect right as they are added to the game.

So i am suggestion make legendary armor and wepon need to have content to unlock there new combos any thing beyond that they are going to brake most raiders players need to keep playing AND make raider better then every one else in wvw setting.

(edited by Jski.6180)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

That is still silly and very classes you could have ppl move from a cook to a person working in a hospital its just an issue of training. Its not like they are a lesser human because they work as a cook (mind you most hospital have cooks and work for that hospital what you feed your charge is very important to the healing process and thinking like that will keep a lot of advantages in medical science from happening.)

Raids are the anty gw2 and are over all the smallest population of gw2. So this is a real take over a ku as it where that Anet is doing that is going to effect every one in gw2 from here on out and make GW2 into that stander treadmill mmorpg. If that what you want there WoW and you will get a lot more out of it.

I am not sure where you got the idea of classes (or classism?) in a hospital staff education/licensing comparison. I certainly made no reference to a cook being a lesser person than a nurse. That is a point fomented entirely in your mind, not mine.

What I did say is that its not just a matter of cross-training. A nurse, at least where I live, must attend an accredited nursing school and then become licensed by the state before being allowed to legally perform the duties of a nurse.

Some cross-training is not going to turn a concept artist, or terrain artist, or whatever the title is for the guy who designs the look of a sword in a fantasy RPG into a programmer or game design expert. It takes years of education, in general, to be a competent programmer. Thats not something that you learn watching over Joe the coder’s shoulder in between your own projects.

Lets turn this around, do you think that the average computer programmer could become a skilled professional artist with a little bit of cross training? I have tried to teach others to draw and paint. Its not just a matter of a little cross-training.

Jski.6180

I am not sure where you got the idea of classes (or classism?) in a hospital staff education/licensing comparison. I certainly made no reference to a cook being a lesser person than a nurse. That is a point fomented entirely in your mind, not mine.

What I did say is that its not just a matter of cross-training. A nurse, at least where I live, must attend an accredited nursing school and then become licensed by the state before being allowed to legally perform the duties of a nurse.

Some cross-training is not going to turn a concept artist, or terrain artist, or whatever the title is for the guy who designs the look of a sword in a fantasy RPG into a programmer or game design expert. It takes years of education, in general, to be a competent programmer. Thats not something that you learn watching over Joe the coder’s shoulder in between your own projects.

Lets turn this around, do you think that the average computer programmer could become a skilled professional artist with a little bit of cross training? I have tried to teach others to draw and paint. Its not just a matter of a little cross-training.

Classism was what i was going for and it is. Ppl are very able to train to work as needed in each department less so when it comes to programing (i images ppl who do designee for armor needs to know a bit about programing so they understand what they can and cant do.)

Fatalyz.7168

Its called not letting ppl get a free ride. Legendary armor seems to be more of a time gated item set where weapons where more of a gold gated set. By making them have a means of needed to work for a new combo you keep them on par with other players progression.

Two things:
1) What is free about a 2500 gold set of armor?
2) Stat combos are not end game progression, I covered this already in my previous post to you. They maybe to YOU, but your opinion is not fact. Fact: End game progression in this game is around acquiring legendaries, Mastery progression, WvW rank progression, and sPvP skill levels.

I did horizontal progression is gw2 treadmill. You just do want what to here it is all. All games have some type of progression most of them are strong version of the gear but that not the only way to add in progression to a game.

It is power creep at its purest form. If they add in more combos like traibalzers or even 5 state combso or a super 1 combo you can for free and with out doing pve content get these effect right as they are added to the game.

So i am suggestion make legendary armor and wepon need to have content to unlock there new combos any thing beyond that they are going to brake most raiders players need to keep playing AND make raider better then every one else in wvw setting.

You apparently do not know what power creep is. Power creep completely invalidates what came before it, kinda like the elite specs did for more core specs.

Why does Legendary tier gear need to have an unlock for new stat combos? So someone just spent an inordinate amount of time and money on making something, and you are now trying to tell them that they should need to spend more time and money on it. That is a terrible suggestion. You are trying to invalidate the work, time, and money that someone spent, just because you feel it isn’t fair, which is so wrong.

Btw, where are your facts, proof, or evidence?

Fatalyz.7168

Classism was what i was going for and it is. Ppl are very able to train to work as needed in each department less so when it comes to programing (i images ppl who do designee for armor needs to know a bit about programing so they understand what they can and cant do.)

If you are hiring a programmer, you hire them to program. If you are hiring an artist, you hire them to draw or do artsy stuff. Cross-training starts watering down talent. Yes you could hire programmers that are also artists (and vice versa), but you might spend more time and money looking for those people, than just hiring two people to do two separate jobs (which makes the most sense from a business standpoint).

Also, just because someone can start learning to do something else in another department, doesn’t mean that they will be very good at it. It’s a chance you take, that’s why people hire for specific roles.

(edited by Fatalyz.7168)

Jski.6180

Two things:
2) Stat combos are not end game progression, I covered this already in my previous post to you. They maybe to YOU, but your opinion is not fact. Fact: End game progression in this game is around acquiring legendaries, Mastery progression, WvW rank progression, and sPvP skill levels.

You apparently do not know what power creep is. Power creep completely invalidates what came before it, kinda like the elite specs did for more core specs.

Why does Legendary tier gear need to have an unlock for new stat combos? So someone just spent an inordinate amount of time and money on making something, and you are now trying to tell them that they should need to spend more time and money on it. That is a terrible suggestion. You are trying to invalidate the work, time, and money that someone spent, just because you feel it isn’t fair, which is so wrong.

Ppl can spend there money how they pleases but it should never give you an advantages over other ppl. Relay it should be a skin and effects only it should do nothing for combos and how strong you are.

Trailblazer and over all 4 combo is prof. You know just keep asking dose not make your argument any stronger.

Anet is more then willing to add in gear and effects on gear that is stronger then existing gear with out making number higher. That is both power creep and a treadmill effect.

(edited by Jski.6180)

Fatalyz.7168

Two things:

Ppl can spend there money how they pleases but it should never give you an advantages over other ppl. Relay it should be a skin and effects only it should do nothing for combos and how strong you are.

Trailblazer and over all 4 combo is prof. You know just keep asking dose not make your argument any stronger.

The only advantages it gives you are QoL advantages.
1) Stat-swapping out of combat
2) Never have to make a higher tier weapon, the stats will always be at the best in the game.
3) New stats as they are added to the drop down (as of HoT, that wasn’t always available same day on weapons, so this may have changed)

It does NOT provide a power increase, as people in ascended are at the same power level.

You not providing proof, facts, or evidence does not make a case for your “complaints” or lend any weight to your “opinions”, so yes I am asking for those things. Otherwise, again you aren’t here for a discussion.

Trailblazer and 4 stat gear is proof of what, exactly?

(edited by Fatalyz.7168)

Jski.6180

Two things:

2) Never have to make a higher tier weapon, the stats will always be at the best in the game.

It does NOT provide a power increase, as people in ascended are at the same power level.

You not providing proof, facts, or evidence does not make a case for your “complaints” or lend any weight to your “opinions”, so yes I am asking for those things. Otherwise, again you aren’t here for a discussion.

They make you not have to deal with time gate combos they do not make you need to do pve at all. They make it so you can test every thing with out giving up strong runes forever. You can always have the best build in the game with out giving any thing up.

Its proof anet is willing to add in combos that are stronger then the old and add in new effects to armor that add a lot to the power of one play type over others.

At what point will they add the main crit dmg comb that they talked about when they nerf crit dmg? Do you have any ideal how much stronger power dmg would be if you have a main crit dmg and off power / persion? What if they add in a power only set for level 80 or healing or condi dmg or armor or something comply new that we cant images how it would changes up the game. Legendary are a free pass type armor and better to have a means for every one to get not just one path.

Fatalyz.7168

They make you not have to deal with time gate combos they do not make you need to do pve at all. They make it so you can test every thing with out giving up strong runes forever. You can always have the best build in the game with out giving any thing up.

And this is a bad thing, how?

Its proof anet is willing to add in combos that are stronger then the old and add in new effects to armor that add a lot to the power of one play type over others.

How are they stronger? Do they have more stat budget than gear that existed before them?

Quick answer: They aren’t, and they don’t. So, point in fact, they are not stronger.

What new effects to the armor are adding “a lot” to the power of one player over another?

At what point will they add the main crit dmg comb that they talked about when they nerf crit dmg? Do you have any ideal how much stronger power dmg would be if you have a main crit dmg and off power / persion? What if they add in a power only set for level 80 or healing or condi dmg or armor or something comply new that we cant images how it would changes up the game.

All new sets added to the game are for level 80, as it doesn’t really matter what you use while leveling up and there isn’t a need for these stats at sub-80. Mostly because 1-80 is super fast and easy, and never requires BiS gear.

As for what new stats could be or how they do it, everyone (that isn’t base game) will have access to those stats, some faster than others.

Legendary are a free pass type armor and better to have a means for every one to get not just one path.

So now we come to the meat of all of your complaints, you want to obtain legendary armor another way. There most likely (I’d estimate less than a 1% chance of it being changed) won’t be for this armor, however they may make a new set that is obtainable via other methods, so there is hope for that. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Jski.6180

How are they stronger? Do they have more stat budget than gear that existed before them?

Quick answer: They aren’t, and they don’t. So, point in fact, they are not stronger.

What new effects to the armor are adding “a lot” to the power of one player over another?

At what point will they add the main crit dmg comb that they talked about when they nerf crit dmg? Do you have any ideal how much stronger power dmg would be if you have a main crit dmg and off power / persion? What if they add in a power only set for level 80 or healing or condi dmg or armor or something comply new that we cant images how it would changes up the game.

All new sets added to the game are for level 80, as it doesn’t really matter what you use while leveling up and there isn’t a need for these stats at sub-80. Mostly because 1-80 is super fast and easy, and never requires BiS gear.

As for what new stats could be or how they do it, everyone (that isn’t base game) will have access to those stats, some faster than others.

Legendary are a free pass type armor and better to have a means for every one to get not just one path.

So now we come to the meat of all of your complaints, you want to obtain legendary armor another way. There most likely (I’d estimate less than a 1% chance of it being changed) won’t be for this armor, however they may make a new set that is obtainable via other methods, so there is hope for that. We’ll just have to wait and see.

You realty don’t play wvw or spvp do you lol hot combos are much stronger then the stander adding in boon duration and condi duration on gear went well over the top.

Fatalyz.7168

You realty don’t play wvw or spvp do you lol hot combos are much stronger then the stander adding in boon duration and condi duration on gear went well over the top.

They are not stronger. They don’t have any higher of a stat budget. They may be better, but that is subjective, and depends on the player and what they are trying to do. That does not make them “stronger”, it makes them situational. Also, boon duration and condi duration we knew was most likely coming, when they removed the stats for those from the traitlines.

(edited by Fatalyz.7168)

Jski.6180

They are not stronger. They don’t have any higher of a stat budget. They may be better, but that is subjective, and depends on the player and what they are trying to do. That does not make them “stronger”, it makes them situational.

LOL they are not subjective at all they are significantly stronger then the base combos. You realty do not understand wvw do you. Its ok but these combos are a lot stronger then the base and most ppl in wvw know it all too well. The fear is them adding in more types to get the pushing the power creep even higher and legendary will be at the for frond with out having to do any content to be so.

Fatalyz.7168

LOL they are not subjective at all they are significantly stronger then the base combos. You realty do not understand wvw do you. Its ok but these combos are a lot stronger then the base and most ppl in wvw know it all too well. The fear is them adding in more types to get the pushing the power creep even higher and legendary will be at the for frond with out having to do any content to be so.

Ok, then if I don’t understand, please explain to me how they are stronger. I was able to provide an explanation as to how they weren’t stronger. I’ll even post again below just in case you missed it:

They are not stronger. They don’t have any higher of a stat budget.

If they have the exact same stat budget as core gear, they literally can not be any stronger (they have the exact same amount of stat points). Again, they can be stronger in some situations, but again that is situational, not an across the board “stronger” as you are trying to portray.

Jski.6180

Ok, then if I don’t understand, please explain to me how they are stronger. I was able to provide an explanation as to how they weren’t stronger. I’ll even post again below just in case you missed it:

They are not stronger. They don’t have any higher of a stat budget.

If they have the exact same stat budget as core gear, they literally can not be any stronger (they have the exact same amount of stat points). Again, they can be stronger in some situations, but again that is situational, not an across the board “stronger” as you are trying to portray.

Duration has allways been a hard thing to get at best food is 20% then you got a big boots to druation in both boons and condi that should be much lower. Even with all the -% durations and boon removeals you cant compeat.

Its like the raid / pve comunitly are using the eviorment of gw2 to there liking but they do not have to deal with the tricla down effect of these combos to the wvw or even spvp level or the death that is cuase by the use of that eviorment in such a way.

We are talking about burn effects that last for a good 10 sec that are balanced arone lasting on the lines of 5 or boons like anty condi that last for 2 sec and now they last for 4 ontop of being able to be bounced back to others.

I am playing a staff ele healing (a bit odd but i like it) my boon duration is base 50% because of boon duration gear. Befor they added in that boon duration it was at best to have 40% if you went all in and gave up a lot for it. But now i do not need to and now every one has perma vigor protection reg etc.. to the point of now they are just effect that you NEED to have or a check box of if you have it or not. Wvw is a waist land because of HoT combos.

Now ppl want legendary armor so they do not even have to do any more content to get these effect worst yet many of them could be time gated that wvw players will have to wait months to get but raid players only need to raid for the best gear in the game? I am sry but that just going too far and is a major disrespectful to the GW2 player base.

And who to say what the next set combo expansion will bring will it be a 5 combo or even a super 1 and or 2 its realty can be any thing and they can add in any other type of effect like counter crit counter condi etc.. but wvw players will NEED to wait where raiders will have it and be at a blunt advantages all the time because of this gear set being raids only.

Fatalyz.7168

I am playing a staff ele healing (a bit odd but i like it) my boon duration is base 50% because of boon duration gear. Befor they added in that boon duration it was at best to have 40% if you went all in and gave up a lot for it.

This perfectly describes a situational aspect where it is better, but better does not mean stronger. Thank you for making my point.

Wvw is a waist land because of HoT combos.

Not sure how this is relevant to making a point about something being stronger or not. However I will say this, WvW is affected more by the e-specs that came with HoT (the actual powercreep that was introduced into this game), than by 4-stat combos.

Yes people with 4-stat combos will be better at some things, but they are not inherently better than any other choice.

Here’s an example that I hope will make it clear:

3 stat gear: 1+1+2=4
4 stat gear: 1+1+1+1=4

They both equal the exact same.

Now ppl want legendary armor so they do not even have to do any more content to get these effect worst yet many of them could be time gated that wvw players will have to wait months to get but raid players only need to raid for the best gear in the game? I am sry but that just going too far and is a major disrespectful to the GW2 player base.

Not sure how you know that people want legendary armor so they don’t have to do any more content, but this is just not true for me. I want legendary armor, but it’s because I do a lot of content and don’t want to have to carry multiple sets of gear.

It’s obvious you don’t like the time gate in crafting ascended gear, so try to get that changed. Otherwise, wait for the next Legendary armor set. If you don’t want to wait, nothing is preventing you or any wvw or pvp player from obtaining it.

Legendary armor is subjectively better, but only in so far as personal tastes and wanting the QoL features that come with it. Legendary armor is NOT objectively better than ascended.

And who to say what the next set combo expansion will bring will it be a 5 combo or even a super 1 and or 2 its realty can be any thing and they can add in any other type of effect like counter crit counter condi etc.. but wvw players will NEED to wait where raiders will have it and be at a blunt advantages all the time because of this gear set being raids only.

The only new stat set that I am unaware of WvW players not having easy access to, is Seraph stats, which came with the release of the Head of the Snake story update. You could make a case that it should be added to the Heroics Notary vendor, as should any new stat sets. Then WvW players won’t have to worry about waiting, they just buy the recipe that they want with their proofs of heroics.

And while I can’t be certain, I’m pretty sure PvE players didn’t have immediate access to the new HoT recipes when they first came out. Even legendary weapon owners had to wait for them to add to the drop downs.

(edited by Fatalyz.7168)

Jski.6180

@ Fatalyz.7168
Situational as in killing players or keeping them alive yes so all the time?

3 vs 4 is difference 4 is more effective then 3 because 4 is 2 primary not just 1 think of it on the lines of 2 2 4 vs 3 3 1.5 1.5 because the off effects are not that much weaker then the off effects of the 3 set and the main effect is doable due to it have 2 primarily. This is the same reason why the all combo set celstal was removed from spvp. So your numbers you made up are super off to there effects.
Also boon duration and condi duration are a different beat in there own right you have them as off effect on the 4 combo but they are stronger then runes where. In a lot of ways the armor for duration in the off version is stronger then food and runes and even most classes effect.

Why did they remove map compression from wvw for legendary weapons? Its the same thing but its in the pve (raids) side now why lock content off for what you say dose not mater combo wizes. If it realty was just about the skins then all this would be an non issues but its not and they locked it off with raids.
This is not a QoL this is pure power creep for raiders and nothing more.

I can tell your unaware of wvw and that takes a lot of your argument away your trying to dictate who should and who should not get gear in a type you do not play. I am saying if your going to add legendary armor to raids you need to add it to wvw and even spvp. As well as adding in back items and weapons for all points of the game. The skins can say raids only because wvw and spvp players do not care.

You are asking for raiders and raider alone to get legendary armor a game type where you play for you self because of mass servers and pve lack worlds over all. Wvw is about playing for a full world and to take legendary away from wvw players or not give them a means to get them when playing for there world and not for them self is beyond shameful on anet part and i think if you truly believe this is the way it should be shameful on yours.

Fatalyz.7168

Why did they remove map compression from wvw for legendary weapons? Its the same thing but its in the pve (raids) side now why lock content off for what you say dose not mater combo wizes. If it realty was just about the skins then all this would be an non issues but its not and they locked it off with raids.
This is not a QoL this is pure power creep for raiders and nothing more.

They didn’t remove map completion from WvW for Legendary weapons, it was removed from WvW for PvE map completion. It never made sense to require map completion in WvW, for 100% PvE map completion.

Again, you do not know what power creep is, so please stop using the term.

I can tell your unaware of wvw and that takes a lot of your argument away your trying to dictate who should and who should not get gear in a type you do not play. I am saying if your going to add legendary armor to raids you need to add it to wvw and even spvp. As well as adding in back items and weapons for all points of the game. The skins can say raids only because wvw and spvp players do not care.

I am not trying to dictate who should and should not get gear. I am trying to make sure that gear is earned dependent on game mode. I never said wvw players shouldn’t have Legendary armor. I said that if they want THIS legendary armor set, they can do raids, and the rest of the PvE stuff that is require to be able to obtain it. I have also said that other legendary sets should be made for other game modes, they just need to make them (which means that they have to create the skins for it). WvW and PvP players might not care about having animated armor, and would just rather have a way to obtain their own version of Legendary armor, but it still has to be made.

You are asking for raiders and raider alone to get legendary armor a game type where you play for you self because of mass servers and pve lack worlds over all.

Where did I ask for raiders and raiders alone to get Legendary armor?

Wvw is about playing for a full world and to take legendary away from wvw players or not give them a means to get them when playing for there world and not for them self is beyond shameful on anet part and i think if you truly believe this is the way it should be shameful on yours.

Your problem here is that you are saying that WvW players do not have a means to obtain Legendary armor, and they do. Through Raids, same as everyone else. If they do not want to do Raids, but want the armor, they can pay for runs or wait for another set to be released.

The point is that it is a reward for completing specific content. There should be similar rewards for other things in the game. Unfortunately there isn’t, yet. However I believe that it will happen, in time. Maybe you are unwilling to wait, but that is more a personal problem than anything else.[/quote]

(edited by Fatalyz.7168)

Jski.6180

@ Fatalyz.7168
They don’t because of doable primate.

They did becuse it was too hard for pve players to get full map complestion what they ended up doing is letting eotm get the tokens they need for wepons.

You are even if you do not intend to. Legendary armor is from raids and only ppl who do raids will get it. This means its not going to be for everyone else in the game THAT is what the argument is even if you do not like it.

Wvw players have pulled full 24hr days just for there world and yet anet has given them nothing to show for it. There are some real dedicated players to there worlds and out side of one event (toxix tower) pve has nothing to do with there worlds. Its out right shameful how neglected these players are and how under rewarded they end up being even though they may play gw2 more then raiders. Wvw are the true gw2 / gw1 players of this game raiders are just off brand WoW players.

That the problem you want to be on the side that is not there its for raider or its for every one THIS is what we are talking about and the problem behind all legendary content even balancing for the last years. The fact that wvw players and spvp players cant get these legendary is cause for outrages. This is both the streamer community the players who make web pages forms etc.. the players who made lots of free content for gw2 / ads for them. This IS most of the population of gw2 and raiders are NOTHING with out them.

Fatalyz.7168

They did becuse it was too hard for pve players to get full map complestion what they ended up doing is letting eotm get the tokens they need for wepons.

So you admit that it wasn’t for Legendary weapons, but for PvE map completion? The tokens thing, is a thing of the past. If you want a Legendary weapon now, you have to do the Gift of Battle reward track, no way around it.

You are even if you do not intend to. Legendary armor is from raids and only ppl who do raids will get it. This means its not going to be for everyone else in the game THAT is what the argument is even if you do not like it.

Yep you are right, it isn’t going to be for everyone. That is why I am here, to try to keep it that way. I want more things in the game that require completing specific content in order to be able to obtain. That doesn’t mean I am trying to keep anyone else from getting it, just restricting the ways in which it can be obtained. As it is now, when you see someone in Legendary armor, you are going to know that they have done raids. Just like if someone has Ascension, you know they have PvP’d. Same for Ad Infinitum, you know that that person did/does Fractals.

Wvw players have pulled full 24hr days just for there world and yet anet has given them nothing to show for it.

This just seems unhealthy.

Again, I didn’t say WvW players shouldn’t have access to Legendary armor. I said that they shouldn’t have access to THIS set of Legendary armor. I can not make this any clearer.

There are some real dedicated players to there worlds and out side of one event (toxix tower) pve has nothing to do with there worlds. Its out right shameful how neglected these players are and how under rewarded they end up being even though they may play gw2 more then raiders.

I’m not arguing that Anet has neglected WvW, but that has nothing to do with Legendary armor. You could make a case that WvW should have gotten the first set, but they didn’t, so have to wait for next set, or raid.

Wvw are the true gw2 / gw1 players of this game raiders are just off brand WoW players.

This is purely opinion, and a rather negative one at that.

The fact that wvw players and spvp players cant get these legendary is cause for outrages.

Oh goodie, you are claiming a fact!

Fact: WvW and sPvP players can obtain all Legendary weapons, armor, and backpieces, all just by doing the content that is required for it, or for Gen 1 weapons, buying from the TP. If you don’t want to do the content required for it, you don’t get it. Pretty simple concept.

Fact: No one can obtain Legendary gear (with the exception of Gen 1 weapons, and even then the only way they can obtain by doing whatever they want, is if they straight up buy the completed product) by doing whatever they want. All new Legendary gear going forward, is going to be locked behind some content in the game, and rightfully so. It should show your dedication to that game mode, and be rewarded for it.

Jski.6180

@ Fatalyz.7168
No it was because pve players could not be bother to do wvw and they complain about it so it was changed so they no longer needed to but for some reason Anet turned arone and did the same thing but to the wvw community. I am saying this happen to the pve end and Anet fix it for them so if anet is doing the same thing to other ppl thinking that would fly seems foolish.

Items like these should be for every one that the point of GW2 it not your stander grind game or at least it should not be made that way and raids are messing it all up making it into an off brand WoW.

Working for a vido game is and that what they want out of raider players the game is bcoming a job for ppl with legendary armor and it should not be that way. Game should be about fun so adding them in this way is a very bad idea.

Sry that is the side your on you cant make up your own views and say that because then your never wrong and never right. You become way too wishy washy to the point of nothing is fixed just the same thing keep happening over and over it just this time your on the side that going to get something where others are not. You become a have even if your not comply saying one thing.

Its not GW2 was made for ppl who wanted to be able to do all content with out having walls to get in there way. Raids came after the fact and they have made wall that block off content for ppl.

So wvw players can buy legendary armor and backpicese? I think your mixing things up becuse you craft them over time they are going to be account bound and there achievements collection you must get though to get them from raids.

NO that is bad very bad in-fact its game killing for something like GW2. The sec another game comes out that offers the old gw2 set up this game is done. The ppl who like gear raiding went to WoW years ago and ppl who are in gw2 mostly hate that type of mmorpg. The point of no raiding has past at best ppl are raiding just for the chase to get legendary armor and nothing more. Once they get a full set no one will raid agen because it become pointless. In effect putting these items in raids is going to kill raids off in it self.

It sounds like your playing the wrong game. This is not a raiding type of game and your only asking for more pain in the long run when your group falls off once they get there items before or after you. Pve players are some of the must cut though group get there loot and run type.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Two things:

3) New stats as they are added to the drop down (as of HoT, that wasn’t always available same day on weapons, so this may have changed)

while it isnt powercreep literally speaking,

I think you are being disengenous if you arent saying its not a huge advantage over not having it.
Having players who can swap gear for any situation as needed, on the fly is extremely powerful.
Im a healer in this fight, a Direct DPs for this fight, COndi in this fight, tank in another fight. That is no small ability to have. and while you could walk around with every stat set of armor, its not really too likely, and it would be way more expensive.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Why is it a problem that legendary armor is gated by doing raid? After all its an end game goal and it should be reachable by doing end game content.
We already have legendary weapons that are gated by buggy events that dont start or get stuck, at least raiders do know they will see the end of it at some point, while the rest are still waiting to see bug fix on older stuff to finish their collections.

The real problem is this community has never accepted raids as the endgame of guild wars2 its a bit of a hard sell, since it way more difficult to even attempt than anything else in the game, and directly opposite to what many people though the endgame of this game was before it.

people see it as one option among many in the game, and thus dont like it requiring a sizable investment into the game mode.
for comparison, a legendary weapon needed 500 tokens, thats like 6 dungeon paths
wvw needed 500 badges, which even before they gave em out like candy would probably take a week at best.

to be clear, i think the only fair complaint is based on the utility of legendary, not having a nice or special skin, which is totally fair game.

if they can get the community at large to see raiding as the logical endgame and culmination of pve, then people will have less complaints, but i think thats fairly unlikely, since it would have probably happened by now if that was the case.

Fatalyz.7168

Items like these should be for every one that the point of GW2 it not your stander grind game or at least it should not be made that way and raids are messing it all up making it into an off brand WoW.

Items like these are for everyone, that wants to complete the content for them. Items are being locked behind collections since HoT, Legendary armor is not new to this, and is not a fault of Raids.

GW2 was made for ppl who wanted to be able to do all content with out having walls to get in there way. Raids came after the fact and they have made wall that block off content for ppl.

There is nothing in the game that prevents you from being able to do Raids or any other content in the game that is locked behind specific content. It’s only desire. If you don’t want to do the content, you don’t get the reward. This was requested by the community, and it was delivered with HoT, not Raids. Look at the Gen 2 weapons and the 2 backpieces we have currently.

So wvw players can buy legendary armor and backpicese? I think your mixing things up becuse you craft them over time they are going to be account bound and there achievements collection you must get though to get them from raids.

You can people to complete the achievements for you, at least for the first collection. The second collection is all on you, but you can buy the runs.

NO that is bad very bad in-fact its game killing for something like GW2. The sec another game comes out that offers the old gw2 set up this game is done. The ppl who like gear raiding went to WoW years ago and ppl who are in gw2 mostly hate that type of mmorpg. The point of no raiding has past at best ppl are raiding just for the chase to get legendary armor and nothing more. Once they get a full set no one will raid agen because it become pointless. In effect putting these items in raids is going to kill raids off in it self.

This is your opinion, unless you have facts, evidence, or proof to back it up. I know for a fact that my guild will continue to do raids, long after we all have our armor, for those of us that want it.

It sounds like your playing the wrong game. This is not a raiding type of game and your only asking for more pain in the long run when your group falls off once they get there items before or after you. Pve players are some of the must cut though group get there loot and run type.

Rather it sounds like you are confused. I don’t want this to be a Raid-centric game, look at my post history, I’ve said this many times.

You are also making a baseless assumption about me and my friends. You don’t know me, you don’t know them, you can’t know what we’ll do once we have our armor. You can speculate, but that’s all it is, speculation.

It sounds to me like the game and the community, in general, has moved away from what you want this game to be. That is sad, but Anet is going to cater to the majority, it’s simple business.

I am not going to bother replying to you any longer, as you seem unable to post your opinions, without providing anything of substance to the discussion. Your arguments all boil down to “Wah! I don’t want to have to raid for this set of Legendary armor and I don’t want to wait for another set!”, and to that, there can be no discussion, as it is straight up childish.

Fatalyz.7168

Two things:

while it isnt powercreep literally speaking,

I think you are being disengenous if you arent saying its not a huge advantage over not having it.
Having players who can swap gear for any situation as needed, on the fly is extremely powerful.
Im a healer in this fight, a Direct DPs for this fight, COndi in this fight, tank in another fight. That is no small ability to have. and while you could walk around with every stat set of armor, its not really too likely, and it would be way more expensive.

I’m not saying it isn’t an advantage, I’m saying it is QoL advantages.

People in ascended armor can stat swap out of combat, just by carrying multiple sets (which will cost less than a full set of Legendary armor, depending on how many sets you need).

As you said, it’s not likely that you will walk around with every stat, it’s also highly unlikely that you’ll use all of the stats provided by Legendary armor, on just one character.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Jski.6180:

No it was because pve players could not be bother to do wvw and they complain about it so it was changed so they no longer needed to but for some reason Anet turned arone and did the same thing but to the wvw community. I am saying this happen to the pve end and Anet fix it for them so if anet is doing the same thing to other ppl thinking that would fly seems foolish.
(Snip)

You have any facts to back that up?

Let me give you an alternate reason. They added a new borderland at that time and they were (and are still) planning to add more borderlands. This means that WvW map completion
1) got bigger with the addition of the new map
2) was impossible to finish for people who still needed to do the unavailable old maps.
3) would have increased in number of maps needed each time they added new WvW maps.
4) they are planning to rotate WvW maps in and out of service. This would have caused problems with people who had one map partway done then it disappears and doesn’t show back up, possibly for months.
5) if they change it to only require any 4 WvW maps, map rotation would still cause problems to those who are working on one map or set of maps and it disappears before they are done and another appears and they have to start over.

All those means that people who had already gotten WvW map completion done had it easy and the people who still needed it can be forced to do extra work to get the same reward. So for reasons of fairness and to have the ability to add and replace new maps to WvW, WvW map completion was removed as a requirement for Legendary weapons. It was not because of people complaining.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Fatalyz.7168

Why is it a problem that legendary armor is gated by doing raid? After all its an end game goal and it should be reachable by doing end game content.
We already have legendary weapons that are gated by buggy events that dont start or get stuck, at least raiders do know they will see the end of it at some point, while the rest are still waiting to see bug fix on older stuff to finish their collections.

The real problem is this community has never accepted raids as the endgame of guild wars2 its a bit of a hard sell, since it way more difficult to even attempt than anything else in the game, and directly opposite to what many people though the endgame of this game was before it.

people see it as one option among many in the game, and thus dont like it requiring a sizable investment into the game mode.
for comparison, a legendary weapon needed 500 tokens, thats like 6 dungeon paths
wvw needed 500 badges, which even before they gave em out like candy would probably take a week at best.

to be clear, i think the only fair complaint is based on the utility of legendary, not having a nice or special skin, which is totally fair game.

if they can get the community at large to see raiding as the logical endgame and culmination of pve, then people will have less complaints, but i think thats fairly unlikely, since it would have probably happened by now if that was the case.

It’s safer to say that a portion of the community has never accepted Raids as end game content, not the community as a whole. There was also a large portion of the community that wanted raids, why we ended up getting them.

If people expected anything less than difficult end game content, they were never paying attention to what they devs were telling them that they were trying to do. Remember, explorable dungeons were supposed to be THE challenging content in game at launch, and it was, for a short period of time.

Let’s also keep in mind, that Anet has said that this is the first set of Legendary armor. That to me implies that (at the time at least) they want to make more Legendary armor, we just have to wait and see.

I think that putting the very first set of Legendary armor ever in this game obtainable only via Raids, was not a wise decision, but that does not mean I think that it should be changed.

The only way I could see the avoiding backlash like this, would have been to create multiple sets, or just have the first set obtainable via standard open world pve, like weapons are.

Jski.6180

Jski.6180:

(Snip)

You have any facts to back that up?

Let me give you an alternate reason. They added a new borderland at that time and they were (and are still) planning to add more borderlands. This means that WvW map completion
1) got bigger with the addition of the new map
2) was impossible to finish for people who still needed to do the unavailable old maps.
3) would have increased in number of maps needed each time they added new WvW maps.
4) they are planning to rotate WvW maps in and out of service. This would have caused problems with people who had one map partway done then it disappears and doesn’t show back up, possibly for months.
5) if they change it to only require any 4 WvW maps, map rotation would still cause problems to those who are working on one map or set of maps and it disappears before they are done and another appears and they have to start over.

All those means that people who had already gotten WvW map completion done had it easy and the people who still needed it can be forced to do extra work to get the same reward. So for reasons of fairness and to have the ability to add and replace new maps to WvW, WvW map completion was removed as a requirement for Legendary weapons. It was not because of people complaining.

Yep they removed map completion from wvw that alone is proof. And the same thing going to happen with armor and raids just give it time and the mounting pressor on Anet going to keep getting worst and worst because raids are highly exclusive content more so then map completion with wvw. I am just trying to tell Anet they are making an error and can fix a lot of pain for every one if they fix it now.

I gone point for point where your guys proof that putting legendary armor behind a raid wall is a good ideal?

Posted by: RaeRei.2541

RaeRei.2541

My feedback: The armor reminds me of guild wars 1 assassin skin offerings. All spikes, barely anything else. My assassin ended up in Vanguard because that was one of two (if I remember correctly) that didn’t look like I could kill with hugs. I didn’t like it then, I really don’t like it now. The animations are cool and I guess out of the three looks the warrior is what I like out of them.

My second major issue and it’s been an issue through out most skins and wardrobes in guild wars 2 is that though you say it took forever to make the armor and I do see the result of the time and effort into what you have made the charr and asura are stuck with the male counterpart again. You guys couldn’t have found a way to differentiate the male/female skins of the charr and asura with all the time you guys have taken on this armor? My main which is a female asura would never wear that half coat (like most of what you give us for female asura). She’s stuck in nightmare court because it’s one of the few skirts given to us (kind of like trying to find a none coat for medium human).

You guys have designed nice armor sets that had differences that weren’t automatically ‘sexy appeal’ for the humans which doesn’t translate to charr and asura. One would think with legendary armor you’d do that again but I guess not.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Since this is feedback on the armors and since many ppl have seen the leaks so far i suggest if there a way to make the char tail not clip on the medium armor trenchcoat. Much like with the light armor where a part of the butcape is removed for that same reason.

Edit i also dont understand why the female human top and the female norm top dont look the same with the sylvari one. It looks so much better why not add it to all the rest?

(edited by zealex.9410)

Ashen.2907

This perfectly describes a situational aspect where it is better, but better does not mean stronger. Thank you for making my point.

To be fair, in a situation such as MMO combat involving stat numbers its not unreasonable to use better and stronger interchangeably. Particularly if the person using the terms may not be a native English speaker.

Some of those stat combos are actually better at what they are meant to do than non HoT versions.

zealex.9410

To be fair, in a situation such as MMO combat involving stat numbers its not unreasonable to use better and stronger interchangeably. Particularly if the person using the terms may not be a native English speaker.

Some of those stat combos are actually better at what they are meant to do than non HoT versions.

Yeah but thats not an issue with the armors its an “issue” with hot having new stats :/

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Since we already have the warframe or infrastructure (whatever that means), does it mean that we can expand or innovate our Gemstore costume skin and armour piece skin as per Transform-ish looks in the future? I mean Chain-whip sword done it already.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Well seeing them like this, i, might as well offer my two cents, since this “leak” is certainly way more pleasing to the eye, than their official blogpost (i am sorry, but the chosen pictures, colors and written word just don’t do them justice.)

however my stance on them is only swayed a bit.

Heavy: Still the best of the three. It does look epic and I believe the right colorchoice will bring a lot to the table.

Medium: Is still the weakest. While the effect is interesting, it doesn’t strike the right balance. Normal mode does suffer from being top heavy, with pieces that don’t really mesh well together. In battle mode the pieces make more sense, but it also looks like a completly different armor with way too much bulk for a weight-class that has mostly nimble characteristics.

Light: The crystal overload is not as bad as i thought, but I still don’t get the real motive behind it (if the blog post was supposed to be an indication). We were promised crystals and we got them, but there is also that heavy dragon leather motive, which feels kinda out of place and more like a medium armor. A different “material” and less stiff design would have been nice I believe, to feel more like an light armor.
Now normal mode doesn’t look bad, even though I am no fan of the female version. It is too generic and like something we have too much off already (hello buttcape).
Battle mode actually looks fine on male. The crystals aren’t as overwhelming as the preview pictures made them out to be.
Female on the other hand suffers from bein top heavy, with shoulder crystals being slim, but too wide spread, acting more like a weird dome sourounding the character, than a shoulder extension. It migh be because the shoulders aren’t as broad, but it has still the same problem I feared they would have.
I am also happy that we don’t have constant floating bits in front of the face, creating a frontloaded design.
I am still not sold on the mouthpiece, though, it really emphasis how this is more a medium than a light armor.

Animationwise they seem a bit clunky, but that is too be expected and only be apearent if you pay real good attention.

So yeah, good job, hope they adjust the fluidity and maybe the placement of the light armor crystals. Otherwise this leak did very well for my opinion on them, even if it didn’t change as much, aside from my overall tendency.

I have no real opinion against it beeing a raid armor only right now, if they can promise and deliver on other ways to get them or others in the future.

They got the technology now. If not, they should really start working on a armor creation overhaul ASAP.

zealex.9410

I wouldnt like to see that on gemstore skins tbh its like putting a legendary in the cash shop and that devalues the legendaries that exist. But absolutely they should make more legedary armors now that they have the tech or at least solo pieces and put them as achievement rewards or very rare drops on maps. But yes going through all the trouble for that new tech and never using it again is a waste but on gemstore is rather offensive.

Ashen.2907

Yeah but thats not an issue with the armors its an “issue” with hot having new stats :/

OK.

I only got involved in that interaction because it as pretty clear that it was being sidetracked by semantic arguments over whether the new stats were better or stronger. Will they be more readily accessible to legendary owners than to non legendary owners? Maybe. Maybe not.

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Now that you’ve finished on the PvE version, when can we WvW and PvP players expect our own separate versions that dont require us to do any mind numbing PvE? Legendary WvW armor when? Atleast let us know if you’re working on it or if you plan on continuing treating WvW players like the neglected, deformed stepchild you keep in the attic and never allow to see the light of day. And despite what some ignorant and ill-informed people working at your company may think, WvW and PvP players do NOT enjoy PvE and we shouldnt be forced to do it for rewards. All 3 modes deserve equal rewards that can be earned in just that mode alone.

(edited by Nikkinella.8254)

Fatalyz.7168

Do you realty want me to go took for a post that well over 3-4 years old?

If you know it exists, why wouldn’t you, it would make your point, and not give me anything to argue with you over.

See that the thing your asking for links over things that are know by ppl what do you link some one saying something about it do i link you think from wvw forms ppl talking about gear and 4 combo. At a point you got to look for your self or take ppl world for it. Do you think i am trying to lie? Its out right silly and trying to distracted from the point that Anet is adding in legendary armor behind a raid wall that most ppl do not play and will not get to play.

For one, no I don’t think you are trying to lie. I think you are using hyperbole, which doesn’t help you get your point across, and leads to situations like this. If you had just stated your opinion, and left it at that, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. However, you keep saying things like, “The ppl who like gear raiding went to WoW years ago and ppl who are in gw2 mostly hate that type of mmorpg.” or “Once they get a full set no one will raid agen because it become pointless. In effect putting these items in raids is going to kill raids off in it self.” or “NO that is bad very bad in-fact its game killing for something like GW2”. In those statements you are clearly trying to pass something off as fact, but not providing anything to back it up, so yes, the burden of proof is on you, no one should have to fact check for you. If you can’t be bothered to provide facts, don’t try to make factual statements.

The only proof i need to give you is this.

Raids do not fit with GW2 manifest and putting more behind a raid wall is putting more sins on GW2 and anet.

Watched it then, and watched it again. There is nothing about no raids in the manifesto, or even that content locking was against their design. Only that this was not going to be like any other MMO out there (that is called marketing speak, they were trying to sell you something, without being specific). In my opinion, it isn’t like any other MMO out there, and they have done a wonderful job of following through on that. That is also a 6 year old video, to expect that the game and the game’s vision won’t change over time, is super naive.

Fatalyz.7168

OK.

I only got involved in that interaction because it as pretty clear that it was being sidetracked by semantic arguments over whether the new stats were better or stronger. Will they be more readily accessible to legendary owners than to non legendary owners? Maybe. Maybe not.

Any new stats will most likely be available to Legendary owners first (at least depending on how fast they can add it to the drop down). That isn’t to say that somewhere else they can’t obtain them that same day, just that they had to do something to get them.

And from a WvW perspective, I had suggested that new recipes be added to the notary vendor to make sure WvW players have easy access to them.

Jski.6180

If you know it exists, why wouldn’t you, it would make your point, and not give me anything to argue with you over.

See that the thing your asking for links over things that are know by ppl what do you link some one saying something about it do i link you think from wvw forms ppl talking about gear and 4 combo. At a point you got to look for your self or take ppl world for it. Do you think i am trying to lie? Its out right silly and trying to distracted from the point that Anet is adding in legendary armor behind a raid wall that most ppl do not play and will not get to play.

For one, no I don’t think you are trying to lie. I think you are using hyperbole, which doesn’t help you get your point across, and leads to situations like this. If you had just stated your opinion, and left it at that, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. However, you keep saying things like, “The ppl who like gear raiding went to WoW years ago and ppl who are in gw2 mostly hate that type of mmorpg.” or “Once they get a full set no one will raid agen because it become pointless. In effect putting these items in raids is going to kill raids off in it self.” or “NO that is bad very bad in-fact its game killing for something like GW2”. In those statements you are clearly trying to pass something off as fact, but not providing anything to back it up, so yes, the burden of proof is on you, no one should have to fact check for you. If you can’t be bothered to provide facts, don’t try to make factual statements.

Raids do not fit with GW2 manifest and putting more behind a raid wall is putting more sins on GW2 and anet.

Watched it then, and watched it again. There is nothing about no raids in the manifesto, or even that content locking was against their design. Only that this was not going to be like any other MMO out there (that is called marketing speak, they were trying to sell you something, without being specific). In my opinion, it isn’t like any other MMO out there, and they have done a wonderful job of following through on that. That is also a 6 year old video, to expect that the game and the game’s vision won’t change over time, is super naive.

They talk about being able to play the game and all part of the game when you log in. Raids are the type of game play where you need to grind to get to. Raids alone are not wrong for the game but how they are doing it and by adding in real gear progression in gw2 way IS a problem with the ideal of GW2.

OK.

Any new stats will most likely be available to Legendary owners first (at least depending on how fast they can add it to the drop down). That isn’t to say that somewhere else they can’t obtain them that same day, just that they had to do something to get them.

And from a WvW perspective, I had suggested that new recipes be added to the notary vendor to make sure WvW players have easy access to them.

Why not just make them skins and skins only why is it so important that you can swap if this was not real progression in gw2 ways would you still want legendary?

(edited by Jski.6180)

zealex.9410

OK.

oh im not attacking your arguement or anything im just complimenting it.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

You’re linking a video from over 6 years ago. Most of the people talking in it don’t even work there anymore. Also, try toning down the hyperbole… “Sin?” It’s a video game.

zealex.9410

They talk about being able to play the game and all part of the game when you log in. Raids are the type of game play where you need to grind to get to. Raids alone are not wrong for the game but how they are doing it and by adding in real gear progression in gw2 way IS a problem with the ideal of GW2.

Im sorry but dont i need to “grind” to get into wvw too? Get the apropriate stat type find the right builds get good at how to play for wvw? Or can i just get in and not be a drag to the commander?