Legendary Armor: Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The only proof i need to give you is this.

Raids do not fit with GW2 manifest and putting more behind a raid wall is putting more sins on GW2 and anet.

You’re linking a video from over 6 years ago. Most of the people talking in it don’t even work there anymore. Also, try toning down the hyperbole… “Sin?” It’s a video game.

It matters a lot for a lot of players.

Do you realty want me to go took for a post that well over 3-4 years old?

If you know it exists, why wouldn’t you, it would make your point, and not give me anything to argue with you over.

See that the thing your asking for links over things that are know by ppl what do you link some one saying something about it do i link you think from wvw forms ppl talking about gear and 4 combo. At a point you got to look for your self or take ppl world for it. Do you think i am trying to lie? Its out right silly and trying to distracted from the point that Anet is adding in legendary armor behind a raid wall that most ppl do not play and will not get to play.

For one, no I don’t think you are trying to lie. I think you are using hyperbole, which doesn’t help you get your point across, and leads to situations like this. If you had just stated your opinion, and left it at that, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. However, you keep saying things like, “The ppl who like gear raiding went to WoW years ago and ppl who are in gw2 mostly hate that type of mmorpg.” or “Once they get a full set no one will raid agen because it become pointless. In effect putting these items in raids is going to kill raids off in it self.” or “NO that is bad very bad in-fact its game killing for something like GW2”. In those statements you are clearly trying to pass something off as fact, but not providing anything to back it up, so yes, the burden of proof is on you, no one should have to fact check for you. If you can’t be bothered to provide facts, don’t try to make factual statements.

Raids do not fit with GW2 manifest and putting more behind a raid wall is putting more sins on GW2 and anet.

Watched it then, and watched it again. There is nothing about no raids in the manifesto, or even that content locking was against their design. Only that this was not going to be like any other MMO out there (that is called marketing speak, they were trying to sell you something, without being specific). In my opinion, it isn’t like any other MMO out there, and they have done a wonderful job of following through on that. That is also a 6 year old video, to expect that the game and the game’s vision won’t change over time, is super naive.

They talk about being able to play the game and all part of the game when you log in. Raids are the type of game play where you need to grind to get to. Raids alone are not wrong for the game but how they are doing it and by adding in real gear progression in gw2 way IS a problem with the ideal of GW2.

Im sorry but dont i need to “grind” to get into wvw too? Get the apropriate stat type find the right builds get good at how to play for wvw? Or can i just get in and not be a drag to the commander?

NOP.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

As a mortal; am not trying to de-value the Legendary “status”, besides you can always take their corresponding features out of combat whilst trying to show of and brag them different statistical combination there is.
But how about those who play casually? and not even in a slightest hardcore raiders or doesn’t have the luxurious or separate time to play two or three game mode? (not to mention their preferred game mode inside the mode) Inspite the fact that not all of us have multiple accounts to have fun; Tech wisely? better have an Option to make the game and community healthy. throwing a copper besides not all treasures are silver and gold.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

They talk about being able to play the game and all part of the game when you log in. Raids are the type of game play where you need to grind to get to. Raids alone are not wrong for the game but how they are doing it and by adding in real gear progression in gw2 way IS a problem with the ideal of GW2.

There is no gear progression, it is same stats as Ascended, you just get QoL advantages. You don’t grind to get to raids. Raids are a natural evolution of playing the game and developing skill. You start off leveling 1-80, then you might do some dungeons or meta events, then you might get into Fractals, T1-T4, then, if you are looking for more challenge, you get into Raids. You don’t pop and instant level 80 booster and jump straight in Raids. You wouldn’t have popped into AC at level 20, or if you did, you would have been seriously abused. Raids are that natural end game horizontal progression. As your skills in game increase, you’ll start looking for more of a challenge.

Why not just make them skins and skins only why is it so important that you can swap if this was not real progression in gw2 ways would you still want legendary?

Because then they wouldn’t be Legendary, they would be skins, and tbh I only really like one of them. I am making one for the utility of not having multiple sets of gear on my main character and being able to test out different builds and stat combinations at will. If I was only running one set of gear, ever, and had no desire to test out other builds, I’d only get it if I was interested in the skin.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

You’re linking a video that’s both outdated and irrelevant. It is (and always has been) another over-hyped piece of marketing campaign. For example: You can’t actually take a taxi cab to Tyria, despite what their cringe-worthy marketing suggested.

This “manifesto” is on the same level as that. It isn’t a binding contract; it’s vague PR drivel. They’ve said things on their front-page blog posts that have not been delivered, forgotten about, or completely reversing their decisions on.

Jski.6180

You’re linking a video that’s both outdated and irrelevant. It is (and always has been) another over-hyped piece of marketing campaign. For example: You can’t actually take a taxi cab to Tyria, despite what their cringe-worthy marketing suggested.

This “manifesto” is on the same level as that. It isn’t a binding contract; it’s vague PR drivel. They’ve said things on their front-page blog posts that have not been delivered, forgotten about, or completely reversing their decisions on.

Its the selling point to most of the gw2 players. It may of not been to you but its very important to ppl and the more gear grind and pve walls the harder the communally going to come down on anet. Your not going to convince me i am just being blunt what about to happen in gw2.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

You’re linking a video from over 6 years ago. Most of the people talking in it don’t even work there anymore. Also, try toning down the hyperbole… “Sin?” It’s a video game.

Do you realty want me to go took for a post that well over 3-4 years old?

If you know it exists, why wouldn’t you, it would make your point, and not give me anything to argue with you over.

See that the thing your asking for links over things that are know by ppl what do you link some one saying something about it do i link you think from wvw forms ppl talking about gear and 4 combo. At a point you got to look for your self or take ppl world for it. Do you think i am trying to lie? Its out right silly and trying to distracted from the point that Anet is adding in legendary armor behind a raid wall that most ppl do not play and will not get to play.

For one, no I don’t think you are trying to lie. I think you are using hyperbole, which doesn’t help you get your point across, and leads to situations like this. If you had just stated your opinion, and left it at that, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. However, you keep saying things like, “The ppl who like gear raiding went to WoW years ago and ppl who are in gw2 mostly hate that type of mmorpg.” or “Once they get a full set no one will raid agen because it become pointless. In effect putting these items in raids is going to kill raids off in it self.” or “NO that is bad very bad in-fact its game killing for something like GW2”. In those statements you are clearly trying to pass something off as fact, but not providing anything to back it up, so yes, the burden of proof is on you, no one should have to fact check for you. If you can’t be bothered to provide facts, don’t try to make factual statements.

Watched it then, and watched it again. There is nothing about no raids in the manifesto, or even that content locking was against their design. Only that this was not going to be like any other MMO out there (that is called marketing speak, they were trying to sell you something, without being specific). In my opinion, it isn’t like any other MMO out there, and they have done a wonderful job of following through on that. That is also a 6 year old video, to expect that the game and the game’s vision won’t change over time, is super naive.

Im sorry but dont i need to “grind” to get into wvw too? Get the apropriate stat type find the right builds get good at how to play for wvw? Or can i just get in and not be a drag to the commander?

NOP.

oh so i will have a great time if i go in in whatever gear i want with whatever build i like a roam or join a commander and ask him to put me somewhere on the swad? Well thats wierd because they didnt take my bearbow the other day nor i had great success roaming with it

Posted by: Mage of Void.7963

Mage of Void.7963

Why is the Sylvari female medium armor so different from the rest of the female medium armor? Its so skimpy and impractical.

Gwendolyn Maeve – Sylvari Ranger – HoD

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Its the selling point to most of the gw2 players. It may of not been to you but its very important to ppl and the more gear grind and pve walls the harder the communally going to come down on anet. Your not going to convince me i am just being blunt what about to happen in gw2.

I don’t care nor am I trying to convince you about anything. If you care so much about the integrity of the Manifesto, I’m not sure why you’re still playing since they “violated” that with one of their earliest updates (Fractals of the Mist) when they added Ascended ringsr; you know, a higher tier of gear in a game they “promised” they wouldn’t add any more. Since then, they’ve done nothing but add more Ascended gear. (Shrug)

zealex.9410

Why is the Sylvari female medium armor so different from the rest of the female medium armor? Its so skimpy and impractical.

actually the sylvari female looks the best i dont understand why human female and female norm isnt like that too :/

Fatalyz.7168

It may of not been to you but its very important to ppl and the more gear grind and pve walls the harder the communally going to come down on anet. Your not going to convince me i am just being blunt what about to happen in gw2.

Here we go with the hyperbole again….

Really? How do you know what will happen? Can you predict the future? You are stating what you THINK will happen, not what you know, please indicate that in your statements.

You are completely dismissing the fact that a lot of these changes came, because the community wanted them (may not have always been how the community envisioned it, but that’s beside the point). Now you are trying to tell us that the community doesn’t want them? You should definitely be providing some proof for those kind of claims.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

WHY DOES THE CHARR MEDIUM ARMOR FORGET THEY HAVE TAILS!?

zealex.9410

WHY DOES THE CHARR MEDIUM ARMOR FORGET THEY HAVE TAILS!?

AND WHY DOESNT THE HUMAN FEMALE MEDIUM LOOK AS kittenY AS THE SYLVARI ONE?!?! ;-;

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

probably because sylvari skin is more distinctive than human skin. People select the design and glow, and maybe they wanted more to come through.

Basically, a sylvari in too much human clothes just looks like a human.
Now, me assuming that says they should have had more fur showing for charr, and not clipped their horns, but i think we all have accepted the designers arent particularly strong/willing to spend the effort on anthromorphs as they are humanoids, perhaps because the work on humanoid stuff benefits more races.

but yeah, basically the answer is, because less is sometimes more.

Sartharina.3542

Fur showing on the charr would have been awesome. Unfortunately, the developers decided that since we don’t like “Feminine” armor on our charr, we want the all-covering male armor instead of something that’s awesome and unisex for charr.

Posted by: QTwo.6824

QTwo.6824

So, did I read that correctly. Legendary armor is only available to those participating in Raids? If that is correct, does that give an advantage in PvP/WvW to players wearing Legendary armor VS. other armor as far as ease of stats changing or any other difference?

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

It is power creep at its purest form. If they add in more combos like traibalzers or even 5 state combso or a super 1 combo you can for free and with out doing pve content get these effect right as they are added to the game.

1. The super 1 combo exists already, it’s called Celestial.
2. You can do exactly the same, by stat-swapping your gear. At a lower cost. Unless you’re looking at 10+ such introductions. I think it’s safe to say we won’t see this many in this game.

Posted by: hashmonkey.2501

hashmonkey.2501

Would just like to take a quick minute and say my thanks to anet for the wonderful legendary armor. I’ll probably skip out on it cuz matthias is being a challange i can’t overcome yet, but I bet anybody that was working towards one will find a character on which it will fit perfectly.
The themes of the legendary armor fit perfectly to the armor classes. Yes we got another trench-coat but that is the standart medium armor look anyway so I don’t exactly understand all the outrage hehe.
Love the Charr designs the best – I mean look at that tail meta!

Posted by: Machiavell.7396

Machiavell.7396

Hello everyone,
In my GW2 career I was pretty often reviewing for fun new items and new mechanics that are brought to Guild Wars 2 over the years. With Legendary Armor being finally released, as a pinnacle of achievement that hero can well… achieve. In this article I will cover every detail that has come to my mind while watching all three legendary armors in action, I will point out the pros and cons of each one of them. Verdict is sadly negative though, and I will explain why below, one by one. Putting it simply, even legendary armor is a victim to the most stupid, old and hated design mistakes. It does have many good sides but in the end the product is still very flawed even after all this time in the making.

Light Perfected Envoy:
+ Overall design is good.
+ Initial crystals burst matches the glowing effect color.
- Crystal theme, we already have an outfit that looks too similar.
- SPECIAL GLOW IS UNDYEABLE.

Medium Perfected Envoy:
+ Overall bones design is good idea.
+ Nice skull on the back.
- Coat looks awkward on males when dormant.
- Lack of sleeves on female while active looks really awkward too.
- The initial burst with fire wings does not match glow color.

Heavy Perfected Envoy:
+ Overall good design.
+ Spikes and blades are not a bad idea, although… Bladed Armor.
+ VERY detailed and ornamented.
+ Initial burst wings are very visible and color is close to glow effect.
- Metal is too shiny and impossible to dye it truly dark.
- Glow effect paired with overly metallic everything is hardly visible.

OVERALL VERDICT:
+ Good models.
+ Good animation and idea.
+ Has glow.
+ Has initial burst effect.
+ Sylvari female medium coat has original model.
+ Charr tail armor.
- Medium coat on charr has bad tail clipping (Unforgivable).
- Medium helmet on charr cuts horns (Unforgivable).
- SPECIAL GLOW IS UNDYEABLE (UNFORGIVABLE).
- Light and medium armor has Asura toe clipping, (medium has idiotic idea of covering toes’ upper side with a plate when active)(Unforgivable).
- Medium and heavy helmet cuts Asura ears (Unforgivable).

Possible fixes needed:
1. Split medium coat on charrs so tail won’t clip.
2. Add toe protection for asura light and medium.
3. Fix charr horn and asura ear cutting.
4. Heavy armor needs to be less metallic to improve dyeing.
5. ADD DYE CHANNEL FOR GLOW EFFECTS ON ALL ARMORS.

Unofficial Master Bugfinder and Design Critic.
“He will improve everything that ArenaNet added to infinity and beyond.”

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

I was there from the beginning. I don’t think it matters anymore.
If you have been around gaming long enough, you should have started to notice that manifesto was nothing more than a marketing smear to get you to open up your wallet.
Mmorpg evolves all the time. Though i have to admit GW2 is actually regressing rather than progressing. It is their game and they can do whatever they wanted it to be, unless upon purchase there was an agreement that the game will not turn this way.

GW2 was sticking by their manifesto only up to introduction of Fractal and ascended gears, if you haven’t noticed it. Everything they’ve done from there on was just one slippery slope heading to where we are now.

So I don’t know why people act all surprise and rage over rewards being locked behind raid. It was an inevitable outcome of the direction they were taking.
Manifesto was long gone. Please stop bringing it up.

If anyone of you still hanging around playing GW2 and thinks that manifesto still counts, you must have been wearing a massively jaded spectacles to have not notice how the game have changed over the years.

(edited by Pino.5209)

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Medium Legendary armor is one of the ugliest sets they ever made.

Pino.5209

Just saw the leaked animations for every races and genders.
Horror show.

The medium armor is basically the biggest loser here, animation and look wise. I was right, there isn’t going to be a salvation for trench coat. I feel sorry for all the medium armor raiders.

The light armor looks decent.
They shouldn’t have given the headpiece a mask that cover half the face, it doesn’t fit light armor professions style. Not even ele. It’s a thief thing.
The butt cape animation is horrid.
It doesn’t look good on lot’s of races, except human. Norn, Charr and Sylvari looks horrendous with it.
I don’t like the chest pattern, how it make a X cross, looks cheap.

Heavy armor is the winner here. Especially with the animation on the background when getting into combat.
The design itself basically is too busy and messy. The chest looks horrendous on character that is slim and small, way too messy.
The animation is rather tacky, but I can understand ppl that likes it. Hey, after all, there are ppl actually pays money to watch Michael Bay’s Transformers.

Overall, if you combine everything: looks, animation and style, I give it a D-. Horrible results considering it took years.

(edited by Pino.5209)

Pino.5209

Medium Legendary armor is one of the ugliest sets they ever made.

That’s an understatement, probably. I’ve been playing mmorpg for close to a decade. That medium is the ugliest end game armor i’ve ever seen.

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

All the armors stand out given the leak. Light armor is actually better through seeing the animation than originally thought. I was making the Heavy to begin with, and it actually improved on my old thoughts behind it, so I might make two of these.

Leather has me scratching my head, I actually liked the old Arah set so seeing an improved animated one got me nodding my head. What’s throwing me is…well the stowed versus in combat. It has the most transformation, but I almost feel like the basic look is too generic, and almost feels like a mocking of certain Leather Armor enthusiasts.

Ultimately, given that I would be making at least 1 I’ll say B+, B-, and C for Heavy, Light and Medium. I took into account that the time it took is a downside, but I wouldn’t be opposed to using all of it eventually.

Also, it’s nice that it is actually Armor and not an outfit.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Posted by: Bazs.1470

Bazs.1470

I saw the animations for the armor today and I have to say, Arenanet, your design team absolutely nailed that part, I’m 100% happy with how that looks. I’m invested now to get the light armor for my main charr ele. Nicely done.

But, there is one thing: after the design team speant SO MUCH time on these aremor, how the hell the charr’s tail still clips the medium armor? How? Is the armor team needs glasses or what? This is laughable, when you think the design team is stop being a lazy piece of something, they are still lazy. Congrats on the medium coat, I’m glad my main is wearing light, but I feel sorry for all those players who will go for the medium and have to watch their charr’s tail clips though the armor so badly.

zealex.9410

Fur showing on the charr would have been awesome. Unfortunately, the developers decided that since we don’t like “Feminine” armor on our charr, we want the all-covering male armor instead of something that’s awesome and unisex for charr.

That is wrong on the pre pre cursor the armors for asura and charr had the same chest piece as the human female and sylvari. Player feedback changed that.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

That is wrong on the pre pre cursor the armors for asura and charr had the same chest piece as the human female and sylvari. Player feedback changed that.

Yep. The previous iteration had female Charr and Asura wearing bikini tops. There was a thread asking for our opinion on it and people did not want bikini tops for those 2.

Original version for precursor armor for female Charr and Asura

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Sartharina.3542

I am aware. The bikini tops were ridiculous, because they try enhancing anatomy Charr and Asura don’t have, and it was only the Female Charr/Asura that had the female armor design. I’d like more fur-revealing unisex designs for charr. Not anatomical abominations.
“Show our fur, please” =/= “Give us an anatomical abomination”

(edited by Sartharina.3542)

Jski.6180

Yep. The previous iteration had female Charr and Asura wearing bikini tops. There was a thread asking for our opinion on it and people did not want bikini tops for those 2.

That looks weird.

I was there from the beginning. I don’t think it matters anymore.
If you have been around gaming long enough, you should have started to notice that manifesto was nothing more than a marketing smear to get you to open up your wallet.
Mmorpg evolves all the time. Though i have to admit GW2 is actually regressing rather than progressing. It is their game and they can do whatever they wanted it to be, unless upon purchase there was an agreement that the game will not turn this way.

GW2 was sticking by their manifesto only up to introduction of Fractal and ascended gears, if you haven’t noticed it. Everything they’ve done from there on was just one slippery slope heading to where we are now.

So I don’t know why people act all surprise and rage over rewards being locked behind raid. It was an inevitable outcome of the direction they were taking.
Manifesto was long gone. Please stop bringing it up.

If anyone of you still hanging around playing GW2 and thinks that manifesto still counts, you must have been wearing a massively jaded spectacles to have not notice how the game have changed over the years.

They are still here because there is nothing else to play as an mmorpg with that same mind set. The sec there is this game is all but dead. Why do you think other games crowdfunding where so high?

Also its not been a real issues up until now skins are meaningless and even if you got to grind for them there other ways to get other skins its just legendary armor is on a different level of being able to swap gear and now its a no lost rune set its just too much for a grind.

I said my views on all of this and if things work out the way it seems i am not chasing them. I get the feeling ppl are in denial about there own views so i am more or less talking to anet dev most of the time. There will be real consequent to gear like this being added with a raid wall. Just trying to give warning and the real storm to come.

(edited by Jski.6180)

Fatalyz.7168

I get the feeling ppl are in denial about there own views so i am more or less talking to anet dev most of the time. There will be real consequent to gear like this being added with a raid wall. Just trying to give warning and the real storm to come.

I get the feeling that you are in denial about what the community wants, and what they game devs are doing based on feedback from the community.

But you keep on believing as you believe, you’ll realize in time that there is no “real storm to come” and no “real consequen(ces)” to this gear being added. You’ll also realize that this armor isn’t going to be changed from a raid only armor nor will it be changed into a skin only.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Edit- (I’m really sorry to be so critical, but the med set looks like an over the top and flamboyant battle wizard, not a adventuring combatant. It doesn’t fit ranger, thief or engineer at all.)

Edit 2- (Probably way too unrealistic, but what I would do is give each weight 2 choices in the future. Give the Scholar professions a choice between the light leg and this med set. Create another set for heavy Soldier professions. Make 2 new medium sets that thematically fit adventurer professions… I know what you are going to say peeps, but yeah…)

Thought about it more…

I know a lot of work went into these armors, but I’m not excited about the medium set. The pre-transformation makes the character look uninteresting, and kind of meh with the shoulders and head piece. Once transformed, it makes the character look funky with the oversized hood in comparison to the face, and way too bottom heavy.

My suggestion would be to reduce the size of the whole thing to fit the form of the character better, and give it a face cover so the character doesn’t look like a bobble head with a tiny face. By comparison, med Bladed armor and med Whispers are far more proportionate and aesthetically pleasing to look at.

I was really hoping the medium set would be a sleek and cool “battle armor” design, but it looks more fitting for a Tyria fashion show.

I’m sure I can find a ton of images, but I’ll use these as an idea for comparison.

First pic would be the pre-transformation and the second would be the battle ready design… stuff like that would have been far far better…

Attachments:

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

phys.7689

yeah the charr having a bra makes no sense.

i think what they wanted is design that isnt simply a male skin, but is not designed for a humanoid woman.

since it was either or, the implication is doing something new for them wasnt on the table

Posted by: Thao.3947

Thao.3947

I get the feeling ppl are in denial about there own views so i am more or less talking to anet dev most of the time. There will be real consequent to gear like this being added with a raid wall. Just trying to give warning and the real storm to come.

I get the feeling that you are in denial about what the community wants, and what they game devs are doing based on feedback from the community.

But you keep on believing as you believe, you’ll realize in time that there is no “real storm to come” and no “real consequen(ces)” to this gear being added. You’ll also realize that this armor isn’t going to be changed from a raid only armor nor will it be changed into a skin only.

So do you think the community, aka all players, wanted a raid only legendary armor? Really?

If the devs listened to the community and not a vocal minority GW2 could do better. Perhaps you don´t remember that they had to rework their precious hot maps and metas or the new desert borderland fiasco.

(edited by Thao.3947)

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

So do you think the community, aka all players, wanted a raid only legendary armor? Really?

If the devs listened to the community and not a vocal minority GW2 could do better. Perhaps you don´t remember that they had to rework their precious hot maps and metas or the new desert borderland fiasco.

The actual point is, would we ever have seen legendary armor without raids? If the answer is ‘no’, there is no reason to cry it is raid only.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

Fatalyz.7168

I don’t think that the community wanted a raid only Legendary armor.

I think the community wanted Legendary armor, the community wanted Raids, and the community wanted content locked behind specific game play modes to show mastery in those areas. The community received those things, just not in the way that they expected.

I have also said repeatedly through out this thread, I think that the first ever Legendary armor being placed behind raids was a mistake, but that it is most likely too late to change it at this point, due to how heavily intertwined with the Raids it is. The better option would have been to make something more generally accessible, but that assumes Anet wants Legendary armor to be easily accessible (judging by the collection requirements for the second collection, they don’t).

Personally, I don’t think Legendary gear (specifically the Gen 1 weapons) should have ever been as easily accessible as what it turned out to be. Legendary armor, backpieces, and the Gen 2 weapons are going in the right direction, content locked behind specific game modes, imo.

Posted by: Thao.3947

Thao.3947

The actual point is, would we ever have seen legendary armor without raids? If the answer is ‘no’, there is no reason to cry it is raid only.

Then i would prefer no legendary armor.

Raiders are a minority in GW2. And I think not all of them will go for these armor. So all this massiv work (read blogpost) for a part of a minority of the community … well done anet.

Fatalyz.7168

Raiders are a minority in GW2. And I think not all of them will go for these armor. So all this massiv work (read blogpost) for a part of a minority of the community … well done anet.

I get that you would have preferred no Legendary armor, however it’s here now and it most likely isn’t going away at this point. I mean honestly, we’ve known that Legendary armor was going to be a raid only armor skin for over 2 years now as it was announced with Heart of Thorns as being the ultimate reward from raids.

It would be much more useful to provide feedback on adding a different sets to different game modes, or make suggestions for how the next Legendary armor set that they want to make will look. Such feedback could be as simple as, “Please no buttcapes on next Legendary armor!” or “We would like a set that is obtained via WvW.”

Posted by: Mage of Void.7963

Mage of Void.7963

probably because sylvari skin is more distinctive than human skin. People select the design and glow, and maybe they wanted more to come through.

Basically, a sylvari in too much human clothes just looks like a human.
Now, me assuming that says they should have had more fur showing for charr, and not clipped their horns, but i think we all have accepted the designers arent particularly strong/willing to spend the effort on anthromorphs as they are humanoids, perhaps because the work on humanoid stuff benefits more races.

but yeah, basically the answer is, because less is sometimes more.

But it makes the armor completely impractical. All of my medium armor characters are female sylvari and it turned me off from ever trying to craft it for them.

Gwendolyn Maeve – Sylvari Ranger – HoD

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

But the answer is “Yes”. If there are legendary weapons, it logically follows that there can be legendary armor and trinkets as well. The basic idea was already in place when the game launched, well before raids were added.

Raids are not the reason we have legendary armor. They’re just the reason it’s earned as it is, and that it looks like … that.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Raiders are a minority, but they are a minority of dedicated players who spend way more time in the game and, consecutively, they probably spend more money on it. Don’t forget this game is a business and aims to create profit. So targeting these players is actually pretty sound idea from business point of view, don’t you think?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Raiders are a minority, but they are a minority of dedicated players who spend way more time in the game and, consecutively, they probably spend more money on it. Don’t forget this game is a business and aims to create profit. So targeting these players is actually pretty sound idea from business point of view, don’t you think?

When you compare money spent vs. content consumed, I think Role Players offer the highest return on investment, but ANet has no idea how to deal with RPers. So, they’ve gone for an easier target to understand.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Raiden.1375

Raiden.1375

People are just arguing for their own personal interest, including those who are advocating that the armor should stay raid exclusive. I have yet to see a good agrument as to why it should stay raid exclusive, other than that it would be in the interest of people who are active PvE raiders. They want a unique/special reward for completing the challenging content that they enjoy, even if other game modes don’t have anything as rewarding to work towards as well.

Anyone advocating keeping it raid exclusive, without having anything similar as a reward in other game modes that can be just as challenging, is just being selfish. Fortunately, I don’t think many are advocating that exactly, but some are advocating keeping it raid exclusive and for Anet to just add additional unique sets of Legendary Armor for WvW and PvP too. That would be a reasonable suggestion that I’d support, but there is no indication of anything like that being in the works, or even being planned. As far as we know, that could be years away from taking place, if at all.

If it’s not being planned to add additional Legendary Armor sets for WvW/PvP, then that is why people are expressing their concerns about keeping this armor set so exclusive to PvE raids. If this set was currently exclusive to WvWers for instance, I wouldn’t really have a problem with people suggesting adding other methods to obtain it through PvP or raids, unless maybe Anet was already planning on adding new Legendary Armor sets for those game modes too.

Swagger.1459

This is what the med Legendary armor reminds me of…

Attachments:

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Actually I think they even recycled some assets there.

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Honestly, WvW is probably the best candidate for the 2nd round of Legendary Armor if it comes to pass. As someone who raids and expects to get their Armor, there is a need for another set to come out available elsewhere, it makes the most sense.

The skins, however, must be different. I don’t think anyone disagrees with the prospect of Legendary Armor as a whole being made in different content, but the skin associations is where people debate here.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Posted by: Aedil.1296

Aedil.1296

Honestly? Since I saw the precursors armors I knew they were going to be ugly. Exception for the heavy one I really love it. Too bad my main toon is ele…….another long coat… Male eles needs pants pls! Saw people asking for this for so kitten long and still we have skirts and coats

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

oh so i will have a great time if i go in in whatever gear i want with whatever build i like a roam or join a commander and ask him to put me somewhere on the swad? Well thats wierd because they didnt take my bearbow the other day nor i had great success roaming with it

I had no problem roaming with my bearbow at all. If you had problems, it might have been due to reasons not connected in any way to your build or even skills (for example, you might have ended in a bad matchup with your server being completely suppressed by the other two)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

phys.7689

I don’t think that the community wanted a raid only Legendary armor.

I think the community wanted Legendary armor, the community wanted Raids, and the community wanted content locked behind specific game play modes to show mastery in those areas. The community received those things, just not in the way that they expected.

I have also said repeatedly through out this thread, I think that the first ever Legendary armor being placed behind raids was a mistake, but that it is most likely too late to change it at this point, due to how heavily intertwined with the Raids it is. The better option would have been to make something more generally accessible, but that assumes Anet wants Legendary armor to be easily accessible (judging by the collection requirements for the second collection, they don’t).

Personally, I don’t think Legendary gear (specifically the Gen 1 weapons) should have ever been as easily accessible as what it turned out to be. Legendary armor, backpieces, and the Gen 2 weapons are going in the right direction, content locked behind specific game modes, imo.

if it took em two years, and few players like the designs, and few players seek to make, that all comes together to make it unlikely.

thats why i suggest an item that upgrades something else to legendary status.
saves em from spending tons of time creating new legendary skins, and
has a relatively low cost of production.

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

I wish legendary armor looks different from ordinary armors…how do you guys manage to make legendary weapons look so cool and different from normal weapons…yet the legendary armors don’t look any special or different from the normal armors…

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Swagger.1459

Actually I think they even recycled some assets there.

Yeah it’s not aesthetically pleasing looking at all… At least the heavy set looks decent in each form, but the med pre and post transformation doesn’t look good.

The shape of the medium looks like a Matryoshka doll.

Attachments:

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Posted by: QTwo.6824

QTwo.6824