Legendary Armor: Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: QTwo.6824

QTwo.6824

In my opinion players want a Raid only armor as much as they wanted Desert Borderlands.

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

The actual point is, would we ever have seen legendary armor without raids? If the answer is ‘no’, there is no reason to cry it is raid only.

People are just arguing for their own personal interest, including those who are advocating that the armor should stay raid exclusive. I have yet to see a good agrument as to why it should stay raid exclusive, other than that it would be in the interest of people who are active PvE raiders. They want a unique/special reward for completing the challenging content that they enjoy, even if other game modes don’t have anything as rewarding to work towards as well.

Anyone advocating keeping it raid exclusive, without having anything similar as a reward in other game modes that can be just as challenging, is just being selfish. Fortunately, I don’t think many are advocating that exactly, but some are advocating keeping it raid exclusive and for Anet to just add additional unique sets of Legendary Armor for WvW and PvP too. That would be a reasonable suggestion that I’d support, but there is no indication of anything like that being in the works, or even being planned. As far as we know, that could be years away from taking place, if at all.

If it’s not being planned to add additional Legendary Armor sets for WvW/PvP, then that is why people are expressing their concerns about keeping this armor set so exclusive to PvE raids. If this set was currently exclusive to WvWers for instance, I wouldn’t really have a problem with people suggesting adding other methods to obtain it through PvP or raids, unless maybe Anet was already planning on adding new Legendary Armor sets for those game modes too.

There is also no good reason to make this particular set available for everyone. Instead they should ask for another set in another game mode. New sets should take much shorter with the engine groundwork done.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

Posted by: Raiden.1375

Raiden.1375

There is also no good reason to make this particular set available for everyone. Instead they should ask for another set in another game mode. New sets should take much shorter with the engine groundwork done.

Yeah I mentioned that I would support such a thing in that very quote, and I would think/hope you are right about it being easier to add new legendary armor sets in the future. The only potential problem with that suggestion is, will additional legendary armor sets for other game modes actually be something that gets implemented? Only Anet could answer that, and I don’t think they have said anything on the subject yet. If it’s not something they want to do, then that makes for a great reason to make this particular set more available to players.

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

Yeah I mentioned that I would support such a thing in that very quote, and I would think/hope you are right about it being easier to add new legendary armor sets in the future. The only potential problem with that suggestion is, will additional legendary armor sets for other game modes actually be something that gets implemented? Only Anet could answer that, and I don’t think they have said anything on the subject yet. If it’s not something they want to do, then that makes for a great reason to make this particular set more available to players.

I would fully support a WvW set and absolutly hate if a second set would be centered around open world. WvW is the only game mode now without legendary access and open world already has the monopol on legendary weapons.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

(edited by Miellyn.6847)

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

I would fully support a WvW set and absolutly hate if a second set would be centered around open world. WvW is the only game mode now without legendary access and open world already has the monopol on legendary weapons.

Wait, what?

You are aware each and every legendary weapon in the game requires a Gift of Battle, only obtainable through WvW, right?

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

I just saw a legendary armor showcase on youtube.
For everyone playing an Asura:
Light armor: Nude toes clipping through the shoe
Medium armor: Nude toes clipping through the shoe, but at least the upper side of the toes is protected by a plate when you draw your weapon
Heavy armor: The only armor where I didn’t see clipping toes, due to asura-adapted boots. Give that designer a raise!

Feedback for Arenanet: Once again clipping toes for a whole race…on the legendary armor set…which took quite long…which is in the brightest spotlight to see each error…while your designers whine about how hard the clipping-issue was. I don’t even know which words to use for this. Among others “QA-failure” comes to mind.
Just scale the shoes a bit wider so they encompass the toes, or even better: Just add a small spike on each side to cover the toes, use the same material as the main-material of the shoe and map it to a fitting dye-channel.

Posted by: dark.3957

dark.3957

These legendary armor sets look like a cheap chinese toy: ugly and unrealistic.
It’s such a shame to wear them.
Only my opinion.

(edited by dark.3957)

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I just saw a legendary armor showcase on youtube.
For everyone playing an Asura:
Light armor: Nude toes clipping through the shoe
Medium armor: Nude toes clipping through the shoe, but at least the upper side of the toes is protected by a plate when you draw your weapon
Heavy armor: The only armor where I didn’t see clipping toes, due to asura-adapted boots. Give that designer a raise!

Feedback for Arenanet: Once again clipping toes for a whole race…on the legendary armor set…which took quite long…which is in the brightest spotlight to see each error…while your designers whine about how hard the clipping-issue was. I don’t even know which words to use for this. Among others “QA-failure” comes to mind.
Just scale the shoes a bit wider so they encompass the toes, or even better: Just add a small spike on each side to cover the toes, use the same material as the main-material of the shoe and map it to a fitting dye-channel.

I must agree with you, Tekfan. It is really dissapointing to see.

I wouldn’t complain about this if there werent at least 5 boots in the game that do work correctly with asuran toes. So it is possible to do it right. They simply aren’t giving it the time/priority at all.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Adrift.8596

Adrift.8596

Must agree with you. They make a big hype when in reality they slap us in the face with putting 0 time in tails or toes.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I consider the medium armor offensive. It means you acknowledge we all hate coats and wanna rub it in our faces like a mean kid. :s

At least I won’t have to farm for it so with that I thank you. <3

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

I like some aspects of the medium armor. But transformation into a trenchcoat, with no option to keep it in one of the two modes, and the high heel boots for an adventure armor class. Not the best ideas. The wyvern skulls and whatnot are cool, but meh..

It’s awful compared to the heavy armor.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

So it appears that the Rune/Infusion feature added with the Legendary Armor is NOT going to be applied to Sigil/Infusion slots on Legendary Weapons?

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Arkaile.5604

Arkaile.5604

Let’s hope it’s just an oversight and not Anet’s devs actually thinking sigils and infusions in weapons don’t matter as much as runes and infusions in armour.

Posted by: venus.4509

venus.4509

Seems like the other armors got a bit more love in design compared to the light armor the only thing it received were spikes while the others go through an actual transformation.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Seems like the other armors got a bit more love in design compared to the light armor the only thing it received were spikes while the others go through an actual transformation.

Only the heavy armor got any love. The Medium armor is a complete kittening insult, and whoever was responsible for its design should be fired and replaced with people actually competent at armor design. Even ignoring the ‘turns into a trenchcoat’ silliness, it ignores both the Asura’s toes AND charr tail. That is the sort of quality for vendor trash-tier armor skins, not Legendary Armor quality.

Posted by: oEnvy.3064

oEnvy.3064

Posting this here since they censored my reddit thread. It would be nice if you added a feature to disable legendary transformation on certain pieces.

For example, Perfected Envoy Jerkin (Leg Med) is a really great looking top, however when you unstow it looks completely obnoxious.

http://i.imgur.com/RONKKCn.jpg?1 (stowed)
http://i.imgur.com/nF4KiQz.jpg (unstowed)

For almost 5 years now, a mass majority of medium players (at least the ones I tend to meet) have been asking/hoping Anet would make armor skins that aren’t trenchcoats. For them, this legendary armor is the biggest slap in the face imaginable. I’m not saying the armor is all bad, the red dragon unstow for example, was the main motivating factor for me wanting it in the first place. I suspected it would be tied to one certain piece, and I assumed shoulders as they had a dragon on them and it just made sense. For this reason, I was willing to look past the obnoxious trenchcoat look. This was until I learned the unstow was bound to the coat, which is tragic imo. I haven’t met a single person yet in game who likes the medium top, however everyone I’ve talked to has agreed that the top is really nice pre-transformation. If I could use the stowed version of the medium top with disabled transformation, while keeping the dragon unstow this would be perfect (PERFECT!!) and I’m sure a majority of the medium players in this game would agree with me or at least appreciate the extra variety/customization.

This is just in terms of my tastes, I’m sure a lot of players wish this for other pieces of the armor. I just find the legendary medium top to be the most obnoxious example of what I’m talking about, it completely kills the detail of the rest of the armor.

Thief
twitch.tv/bey0ndb

(edited by oEnvy.3064)

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

What the heck ArenaNet?

Medium armor stowed looks great! Then you insult us by adding a trenchcoat as part of the animation? The animation makes the whole set look awful. Whose brilliant idea was that?

How about you make it possible to prevent the unstowing animation (excluding the dragon unstow effect) and then this armor might actually seem legendary.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

(edited by Vagrant.7206)

Posted by: SoftLight.2175

SoftLight.2175

Not gonna craft it. Actually i was spending a lot of time recently to get stuff together to craft it but. NO.. simply no.

I know tastes are different and i m not gonna argue on that, but the pure quality of them “design wise” is a JOKE. seriously what is this? This is what your designer spend how many years on? It literally gives me eye cancer how badly designed it is and again, not taste wise.

You can argue one person likes tomatoes and the other likes bananas and thats taste.
but
If you wrap either a banana or a tomato into toiletpaper, then use the toiletpaper as intended (while wearing a kittening trenchcoat ofcourse), smash it on the ground and let it dry for 2 years. thats your legendary armor quality wise and you cant argue with different tastes on that one, sry

(edited by SoftLight.2175)

Posted by: Amazona.8927

Amazona.8927

Regarding the medium armor (human female): i really like how it looks when it is stowed. Especially the chest and leggings are what i have been looking for (for a long time).

It would be awesome if you could deactivate the combat animation/trenchcoat – like a toggle on/off option.

People that like the trenchcoat could wear their prestigious legendary armor as well as the people that don’t like it.

Posted by: Bladhellas.7418

Bladhellas.7418

I like the armors

Posted by: Luindu.2418

Luindu.2418

Principally, about legendary light armor:

Negative:

• Another light armor without trousers (why don’t make light armor trousers? i can write a entire and very long post against the “proffesion esthethics” beginning with outfits)
  • Looks like like you have a glider on the backside (aka “Matryoshka Complex”)
  • No options for people that doesn’t like/go raid (even if i do it)
  • No option to consume runes and “learn forever” for an option to save your builds

Positive:

• The idea of add “components” of the armor when enter in combat, make the character more “ready for combat”.

As a neutral point, more like a dream, it be more interesting if every class have a “unique” animation when dress legendary armor.

Posted by: CharmedWitchery.1750

CharmedWitchery.1750

Light Legendary set interaction with backpack/shield is so bad. Those are literally flying in air a meter away behind you, it looks insanely awful, like look at the gap, wth:

http://imgur.com/a/Cva3P
http://imgur.com/a/sTeFE

Meanwhile Eternity stick to the body perfectly, no gap at all:

http://imgur.com/a/bkk7u

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Posted by: TheAngryDuckling.5481

TheAngryDuckling.5481

I honestly don’t care about how the armor looks, im just kittened its raid only. Theres 3 different games modes in this game, each has hardcore players. Why should only one get the best armor?

Posted by: orenwolf.1953

orenwolf.1953

I am a huge, huge, HUGE fan of the medium armour. You folks hit it out the park.

The funny thing is, I didn’t think I’d like it much until I previewed it on my character, with my normal dye channels.. then everything changed.

I wasn’t going to bother to work towards it before today, but now that I’ve seen it? I absolutely am. There goes all my free time!

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

All these people complaining about how it looks, and we wvw players just want it for the functionality since you constantly have to change your build in wvw to adapt to different opponents. Just give us a version of it that has the default ascended armor skin and we’ll be happy. We don’t like pve, and we would have to spend our entire time we play the game for months, playing a mode we hate, in order to get something that would be extremely beneficial as a wvw player to have. Seems a bit ridiculous and most wvw players would opt to just not play at all rather than be subjected to playing pve.

How would you pvers feel if roles were reversed and legendary armor required you to do nothing but play pvp and wvw for months on end rather than your preferred game mode? it wouldn’t be very fair would it? Just give us a set for each mode all with different skins so we can play our preferred game mode and still have legendary armor. I’d rather earn it in pvp or wvw instead of having to suffer through pve.

Posted by: Jak Leaf.7039

Jak Leaf.7039

I do really love the heavy armour, but there is just one issue I have with it and that is the way that dyes seem to work with it. Before I had legendary armour my character used full Shadow Abyss dyes, and still does on the legendary armour. I really wish that it wouldn’t be so metally and mess up the dyes. I’d really like to have my Charr full black again.

http://prntscr.com/f3dyay <- Full Shadow Abyss dyes.

http://prntscr.com/f3dzqk <- Full Celestial dyes.

http://prntscr.com/f3e085 <- 50:50 Difference between the two.

Another issue with the heavy armour is that the weapon effect of Juggernaut does not seem to effect the armour at all once when weapon is wielded.

http://prntscr.com/f3e1fj <- Juggernaut stowed.

http://prntscr.com/f3e1vu <- Juggernaut wielded.

I hope this can get looked at and maybe changed/fixed. Would like to also know what other people think about this.

15 Characters, 12Legendaries, Rank 80 PvP,
Rank 4.5k+ WvW, 190k+ WvW kills, 12k~ Hours playtime.
Commander of Ring of Fire.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

So I finally made the armor – Heavy Legendary on a human male.
I have to say – seeing the screenshots I wasn’t expecting much but the actual armor – in game – is breathtakingly disappointing. It took me less than one minute to realize I want to reskin over it. It’s that bad.

The animation looks “cool” but turns something that’s a bit flashy and over the top ( but workable) into something horrendous. The protrusions that come off the helm make me look like a ridiculous beetle. The shoulder pads floating around don’t help either.
I’d comment on the rest of it but I just can’t bring myself to do it.

I made it because I had already invested SO much into it – i had almost everything good to go with the rest of it costing me around 100-200 gold today to make. I don’t regret spending the money as I feel it has some prestige associated with it but…I regret the hope and hype.

It was supposed to be good and it isn’t. It looks like a mess – and it becomes an even bigger mess once it goes into its combat form.
I could and maybe would wear the non-transformed style for a while. However the “combat mode” is insufferable.

It’s really really sad – that after nearly 4 years of GW2 the best human heavy armor set remains the cultural T3 armor, followed closely by Phalanx Heavy ( a gemstore set).

I weep for the future of SkinWars 2 if this is the “best” and “most prestigious” skin in the game.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Harper.4173

How would you pvers feel if roles were reversed and legendary armor required you to do nothing but play pvp and wvw for months on end rather than your preferred game mode? it wouldn’t be very fair would it

Yeah – nah – I did that.
Back when I made my first legendary it required 500 badges. This was month 6 of year one since release. Farming those was hard. I WvWd a LOT for them and you know what I didn’t do? I didn’t complain on the forums.

I dislike GW2’s PvP – mostly because of the maps and the team balance throughout the seasons. (the combat is fine – the maps and balance are completely bad in my opinion).
I wanted the PvP backpiece – you know what I did? You guessed it – I did PvP without complaining that I can’t get my skin in PvE.

So yes – you’re wrong. I didn’t come on the forums to complain – it was * fair*. You want the PVP Backpiece – you do PvP. I dislike PvP – but I did it. Why can’t you do the same?

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I’ll make a set (heavy is the best of three poor options) but I can see myself reskinning it shortly. I won’t waste any materials making another.

SBI

Nikkinella.8254

How would you pvers feel if roles were reversed and legendary armor required you to do nothing but play pvp and wvw for months on end rather than your preferred game mode? it wouldn’t be very fair would it

Yeah – nah – I did that.
Back when I made my first legendary it required 500 badges. This was month 6 of year one since release. Farming those was hard. I WvWd a LOT for them and you know what I didn’t do? I didn’t complain on the forums.

I dislike GW2’s PvP – mostly because of the maps and the team balance throughout the seasons. (the combat is fine – the maps and balance are completely bad in my opinion).
I wanted the PvP backpiece – you know what I did? You guessed it – I did PvP without complaining that I can’t get my skin in PvE.

So yes – you’re wrong. I didn’t come on the forums to complain – it was * fair*. You want the PVP Backpiece – you do PvP. I dislike PvP – but I did it. Why can’t you do the same?

LOL! youre comparing having to spend at most a couple days in wvw just running around in a blob to wvw players having to do raids? It not even comparable. The miniscule amount of wvw you have to do to get GoB is NOTHING compared to the ridiculous amount of time a wvw player would have to spend doing raids. And you can afk for the most part to get GoB anyway. I can’t believe you would even try to make that comparison. You can get what you want from wvw in a few hours. If I could get legendary armor from pve in 6 hours then go back to playing wvw, THEN it would be a fair comparison.

And as far as the pvp backpiece goes, THERE IS ALSO A LEGENDARY BACK YOU CAN GET IN PVE! So there goes that argument. You have the option to play pve and still get a legendary back and never have to set foot in pvp. You chose to do it because you wanted that skin, but still have the option to get one in pve instead. There is no legendary WvW or PvP armor, we dont have the option of getting a different one. What a hollow argument. So no, we wvw players DO have the right to complain about it. And the pvp back is so simple to get as well. You can lose almost every fight except for the few required wins for the collection and still earn it. You can practically afk to get that as well now.

(edited by Nikkinella.8254)

Harper.4173

I take it you don’t really get the state of WvW back then. It was not that easy – but you missed my point entirely. The amount of effort required to get your badges back then was not minuscule. I remember grinding for about two weeks – although I didn’t play WvW only.
The reward system back then was radically different – there were no tracks, you couldn’t “afk” and you only got badges from killing players which was NOT easy considering how big zergs were and how populated WvW was. Not to mention that not all players dropped them. In a large zerg vs zerg fight you were lucky if you dropped around 5.
Did I mention there was no autoloot? so you had to manually pick them up? If you couldn’t – you lost them.

So yeah – I got what I wanted from WvW in about 4-5 hours per day for about two weeks.
A full raid run with a good team will take you 3-4 hours a week. It gives you 13 LIs. You need to do this about 12 times to get your armor. That’s comparable as a time investment in time but not necessarily in skill and dedication – I will admit.

Mate – you don’t get it – it’s about wanting that item – not the rarity. Not the function – that specific item.
If you want something but it’s gated behind content do that content – it’s THAT simple.

You’re telling me that if i wanted THE PVP BACKPIECE I should have done the PVE one? How does that work? Are they the same item with the same skin? You dismiss my argument in an absurd way.
It’s the same as you wanting the legendary armor and me telling you – “just get ascended lel”. it’s not the same thing.
Regardless of “options” if you want something behind gated content – you have to do that content.
Go ahead and complain all you want – if I could I would gladly give you a set of LIs to make your own armor – it’s that bad.

Posted by: Vincent Durheim.1947

Vincent Durheim.1947

2 cents of mine
They looks nice, definitely something new with having moving armor.
Would be nice not to have yet another medium trenchcoat but meh
All three of them make me think of the HoT expansion with the spikes and whatnot.
Ill probably take parts of them and mix them in with my other armor, skinning the actual legendaries in a way that makes my mains look the way i see fit.
You cant please the workd with just 1 set of armor for each class. I dont think that was the point here, making something that appeals to everyone may end up appealing to no one.
ciao

Posted by: Darcwolf.6817

Darcwolf.6817

I am not as much annoyed with the look as I am with the path to getting it, raids just aren’t everyone’s thing. It takes time that a lot of us with a job or family just don’t have to sit down and play for several hours. Why can’t you give us the method you do with legendry’s? Astralia was a huge pain to make and took time, but it was something I could work on in short periods of time, I would really like to see this.

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

It’s basically a set for the people who can spend 3-4 hours in game at a time at least once a week for at least 12 weeks doing raids. And probably on ts too.

For the majority of the people playing the game, it’s just not going to be available. Which is a shame, as being able to switch my armor without having to either collect items and stand at the MF changing ascended (and then wanting to change back ten minutes later….) or craft multiple sets (some of which now cost 500 gold as items are only available in pve) would be of most use to those that frequently change build- wvw players.

But it’s Ok, we’re used to being ignored by Anet now.

At least we know what it looks like now, so it’s brightly painted X on your head if you’re wearing it in wvw. As we know you didn’t earn it there.

I’d happily do a similar collection to making legendaries (just no JPs, please, Anet) for the armor set even if it meant map completion again.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

(edited by Baldrick.8967)

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

its actually funny how i ended up liking the light armor the most lol

Harper.4173

It’s basically a set for the people who can spend 3-4 hours in game at a time at least once a week for at least 12 weeks doing raids. And probably on ts too.

For the majority of the people playing the game, it’s just not going to be available. Which is a shame, as being able to switch my armor without having to either collect items and stand at the MF changing ascended (and then wanting to change back ten minutes later….) or craft multiple sets (some of which now cost 500 gold as items are only available in pve) would be of most use to those that frequently change build- wvw players.

But it’s Ok, we’re used to being ignored by Anet now.

At least we know what it looks like now, so it’s brightly painted X on your head if you’re wearing it in wvw. As we know you didn’t earn it there.

I’d happily do a similar collection to making legendaries (just no JPs, please, Anet) for the armor set even if it meant map completion again.

Sorry to burst your bubble but just because not all skins/rewards are aimed at you doesn’t mean something wrong has happened.
Also if you can afford legendary armor you can probably afford a few sets of ascended too – so the switching argument only holds if you really switch a lot.

As far as marking in WvW – I’ve already reskinned over it – as I assume many others have.

Posted by: Ototo.3214

Ototo.3214

I was wondering if, since the legendary armor allows you to switch stats easily and you don’t lose runes when switching them, this will prevent Anet from one day possibly implementing build sets into the game. I personally think all the legendary armors don’t look that great and I don’t particularly want to spend a ton of time getting it only to trasmute it to something that actually looks decent.
But I’d really like to have build templates one day so I can have multiple armor sets for a character and easily swap between them

Posted by: FJSAMA.2867

FJSAMA.2867

Any back stowed items (shields, backpacks) have a huge gap on Perfected Envoy Vestments.
I took 2 screens comparing Perfected Vestments and Refined Vestments for reference:

Attachments:

Posted by: RUB RUB RUB RUBZ.9136

RUB RUB RUB RUBZ.9136

The Legendary armor is soooooo ugly. Who in the hell is going to spend the gold, and time to craft it?

I’m extremely disappointed in anet. I can’t believe they would hire such a crappy artist with no sense of style to design something players have wanted for YEARS, and turn it into a disaster.

There are some who will craft it I’m sure. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder as they say but I’m a artist myself, and I can’t agree with the looks of the armor. The time it will take to craft it, and dedication needed, and all the frustration that goes along with it, I was expecting something proportional to our efforts, in looks, and appeal to everyone, gleaming brilliant gold, or something amazing that would strike everyones attention in any map. However this is pure #$&@

Posted by: Gimli.9461

Gimli.9461

Anet, just want to offset all the complainers a bit, great job! I love each set, I love that you did not go overboard. The wow effect on unsheathe is definitely there (made the light set first myself) , and it looks gorgeous

Thank you for giving us this long term reward to go for from raiding, and immense thank you for the rune swapping and infusion swapping – that brought tears of happiness to my eyes when you announced it, not joking

I am ready to bet a lot of negativity will come from people who cannot raid/cannot make it, more will come from those who are somehow salty they have to raid another 3 months to make all 3 sets.

You made great decisions imho, stick on your course, and amazing job. Thank you!

Posted by: Sarge shot Grif.6450

Sarge shot Grif.6450

So once legendary armor was announced to be exclusive to raids I had lost 99% of my interest on the spot, I don’t want to spend time dealing with that toxic community for some skins that will also cost me a bunch of money. Then I saw the skins and that other 1% practically backflipped out the window.

Between the clipping, the armor making some weapons sit in odd positions and the absolute insult that is the medium legs transformation…. this is something I just won’t touch. I will still wish that the stat swapping and rune swapping aspect were available to people who don’t mess with raids, even if it were a more expensive or time consuming method.

Nikkinella.8254

I take it you don’t really get the state of WvW back then. It was not that easy – but you missed my point entirely. The amount of effort required to get your badges back then was not minuscule. I remember grinding for about two weeks – although I didn’t play WvW only.
The reward system back then was radically different – there were no tracks, you couldn’t “afk” and you only got badges from killing players which was NOT easy considering how big zergs were and how populated WvW was. Not to mention that not all players dropped them. In a large zerg vs zerg fight you were lucky if you dropped around 5.
Did I mention there was no autoloot? so you had to manually pick them up? If you couldn’t – you lost them.

So yeah – I got what I wanted from WvW in about 4-5 hours per day for about two weeks.
A full raid run with a good team will take you 3-4 hours a week. It gives you 13 LIs. You need to do this about 12 times to get your armor. That’s comparable as a time investment in time but not necessarily in skill and dedication – I will admit.

Mate – you don’t get it – it’s about wanting that item – not the rarity. Not the function – that specific item.
If you want something but it’s gated behind content do that content – it’s THAT simple.

You’re telling me that if i wanted THE PVP BACKPIECE I should have done the PVE one? How does that work? Are they the same item with the same skin? You dismiss my argument in an absurd way.
It’s the same as you wanting the legendary armor and me telling you – “just get ascended lel”. it’s not the same thing.
Regardless of “options” if you want something behind gated content – you have to do that content.
Go ahead and complain all you want – if I could I would gladly give you a set of LIs to make your own armor – it’s that bad.

The point being you have the option of having a legendary back from PvE. I guess youre one of those players that cares about the skins. I don’t I just want it for the functionality. WvW should have an option of having legendary armor as well. Give it a different skin so you pvers wont cry about your exclusive skin, i dont care. The point is you have a way of getting a legendary back from pve without ever having to do pvp. WvW and Pvp do not have the option of getting a set of legendary armor without doing pve, and that is not the least bit fair.

And yes, I understand perfectly how wvw was back then. I’ve been playing since beta and have been a wvw player this whole time. Which is why i find your statement utterly ridiculous. It was and still is incredibly easy to get badges. Most wvw players who arent just casual pvers that pop in during reset are sitting on 10s-100s of thousands of badges by now.

All modes deserve their own legendary set. There is a PvE back, if you want that skin, you do pve. There is a pvp back, if you want that skin, you do pvp. But you still have the option of getting a legendary back playing your preferred mode. That option does not exist for legendary armor for those that dont like pve. PvP and WvW deserve a set of legendary armor as well with different skins than the Pve version so everyone can get it in their preferred mode and not be forced to play content they hate.

(edited by Nikkinella.8254)

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

Any back stowed items (shields, backpacks) have a huge gap on Perfected Envoy Vestments.
I took 2 screens comparing Perfected Vestments and Refined Vestments for reference:

Yesss, pleeaase! I haven’t been paying to much attention to this thread. However, I bounced in to say the same thing. Please move the shields closer (at least when its on the back) so that there is not a great big hole/gap. There is also a gap when you hold it, but I don’t know if you can really fix that with the crystals. However, everything else looks amazing. Love how the dyes look on the light armor. Great job!

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

(edited by Xstein.2187)

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

Made light set very happy with it and I am crafting the medium set now. Had to lvl my leather worker from 420to 500 to be able to craft the medium envoy. Lucky with all the free insignia from w4cm drop to help a bit…
Thanks anet. I’m very pleased with this. You guys been working hard (I hope) trying your best to cover all aspect as much as possible.. also happy with the setback for light armour back piece. Lol look funny a bit but it’s ok

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

Yesss, pleeaase! I haven’t been paying to much attention to this thread. However, I bounced in to say the same thing. Please move the shields closer (at least when its on the back) so that there is not a great big hole/gap. However, everything else looks amazing. Love how the dyes look on the armor. Great job!

Hehe just think of it as magically stow away.. since light armour suppose to be spell caster so those are floating at the back by magic ????????

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Dear anet, can you make envoy insignia (the one sold by Glenna) purchasable with magnetite shards instead of 25 legendary insights?

At this rate, it’s going to take me close to one year to get 2nd and 3rd sets… unless you guys make more raid wings… this is a really huge time gate.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Now that I’ve seen them ingame, there’s one entirely unforgivable thing IMO:

• You again screwed up Charr and Asura.
  • No tail flap/hole for Charr.
  • No toes for Asura

I mean yeah we get it, the message is clear, play a human-type race. I already deleted two of my characters and remade them as Norn, I do get the message loud and clear.

But could you be just a tiny bit less obvious with the whole “nudge them off the races which are annoying to develop for”? This is legendary armor. This was supposed to be the grand big thing. The epitome of armor.

And yet like 90%+ of them in the game, I can’t even use the shoes it comes with and will be using the same 2-4 skins of all in the game which actually work. Well done. I’m disappointed to a degree I didn’t think possible.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

Eh, to be honest, I was kinda hoping that the legendary armor would be a bit more unique. Right now we just have:

Heavy – A typical plate mail suit. Transforming parts are decent but not “wow” enough to overshadow how generic the armor looks.

Medium – Without the transformation the armor looks very odd and very disproportionate. With the transformation? Just another Trench Coat…

Light – Can anyone say “butt capes”? DX

All-in-all, I do understand what ANet was trying to achieve here and I’ll commend them on really trying to make Legendary armor stand out with unique mechanics. The issue, however, is that by trying to implement transformations and moving parts, they essentially made their own lives a living hell, and forced themselves to design around that concept, to their detriment. What that resulted in was an extremely long development time for armor that is ultimately not as awe-inspiring as the initial concept might have been. It also means that for people who don’t like the appearance, there is no alternative, because of said long development time and costs pretty much ensuring that legendary armor would be unlikely to see more iterations in the future.

A better alternative might have been to create three different sets of legendary armor that all look different and that can be acquired by different means, in order to appease to a wider audience, and drop the whole transforming act to reduce the difficulty of developing them. I’d have been happy if they had a set you could get from Fractals (fractal themed legendary armor), a set from Raids, and a set from say, PvP seasons or WvW. Instead, we waited for over a year to get armor that not everyone is going to like (indeed, I have hardly seen anyone comment positively on them), which feels like a wasted opportunity.

(edited by Tenrai Senshi.2017)

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

So I finally made the armor – Heavy Legendary on a human male.
I have to say – seeing the screenshots I wasn’t expecting much but the actual armor – in game – is breathtakingly disappointing. It took me less than one minute to realize I want to reskin over it. It’s that bad.

The animation looks “cool” but turns something that’s a bit flashy and over the top ( but workable) into something horrendous. The protrusions that come off the helm make me look like a ridiculous beetle. The shoulder pads floating around don’t help either.
I’d comment on the rest of it but I just can’t bring myself to do it.

I made it because I had already invested SO much into it – i had almost everything good to go with the rest of it costing me around 100-200 gold today to make. I don’t regret spending the money as I feel it has some prestige associated with it but…I regret the hope and hype.

It was supposed to be good and it isn’t. It looks like a mess – and it becomes an even bigger mess once it goes into its combat form.
I could and maybe would wear the non-transformed style for a while. However the “combat mode” is insufferable.

It’s really really sad – that after nearly 4 years of GW2 the best human heavy armor set remains the cultural T3 armor, followed closely by Phalanx Heavy ( a gemstore set).

I weep for the future of SkinWars 2 if this is the “best” and “most prestigious” skin in the game.

maybe you can mix and match some pieces.