Legendary Armor? Raise lvl cap to lvl 237?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

Legendary Armor? Legendary Ascended Armor? Raise lvl cap to lvl 237?

How far do you think Anet will take this in the future and are you also thinking why bother getting exotic armor or even ascended items if they will keep bringing out better things later anyway just like every other mmo?

It’s completely against what they said they would do in GW2.

After this and the gem store RNG gambling from halloween and possible future events.

Anets reputation has just gone down the toilet as far as im concerned. We were fool’d and fell for there lies.

This is not the Guild Wars 2 they said they would be giving us. It is more like WoW 2.

Posted by: piitb.7635

piitb.7635

brb, game releases with legendary quality but complain about exotic quality not being the best.

GW1 players must have been furious when Arenanet made other armors other than Obsidian.

TRON.1085

GW1 players must have been furious when Arenanet made other armors other than Obsidian.

No because Gw1 armors all had the same power and stats….they still do.

Posted by: Dormedas.9524

Dormedas.9524

When the level cap raises, you have my permission to leave.

Warrior – Hellion of Heaven — Sanctum of Rall

piitb.7635

No because Gw1 armors all had the same power and stats….

Arenanet has said legendary is always going to be best in slot.

So if they released legendary armor tomorrow, which is a quality that already exists, your entire argument is null and void.

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

So if they released legendary armor tomorrow, which is a quality that already exists, your entire argument is null and void.

legendairy weapons don’t have better stats then exotics, that was beta, in release legendairy’s=exotics

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

TRON.1085

I think you missed the entire point….

Posted by: Lani.1429

Lani.1429

Ehm, i do not think Anet reputation has gone down with the game itself. I can tell you alot of other things, but than my message will be deleted.

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

Why not level 300? I just love leveling

And I feel alone by reading you guys

Posted by: noskill.6294

noskill.6294

AHAHAHAH Stop Whining plz

piitb.7635

I think you missed the entire point….

Your point is based on the premise that exotic quality, not legendary quality, is end all be all item level.

It has no basis in fact. You’re just crying to cry.

If you don;t want a gear treadmill, get legendary quality because legendary will always be best in slot even if arenanet adds a new quality level.

TRON.1085

This weekend exotic rings and the 5 gold backpacks everyone bought will become worthless and no longer the best in the game…what happens when there is full sets of ascended armor? Exotics will be pointless in getting.

Is ascended armor pointless to get because they will add legendary armor? They lied about horizontal gear and no gear grind so why not lie about legendary being the highest in the game? 6 months later they add Legendary Ascended Armor…and lvl 237…

They could continue this forever just like every other mmo.

Posted by: tyu.9470

tyu.9470

Yea ive done a lot of good work in wvw done arah all but 1 path with others more than once killed the 3rd boss in his room normal way every single time etc.. and i didnt even bother getting full exotic. None of my group did acttually..

So if you mean exotics will be pointless then by that logic rares are pointless atm.. which is totally false, maybe true for only that specific dungeon where you need the resistance. So can we please let this thread die now?

TRON.1085

So because of the Agony part of it makes it all ok, I don’t think so. There effectively making exotics worthless by going against there own design promises and philosophy with a vertical gear grind like every other MMO…

If they start with this crap now it will never end, in a few years, legendary will be no longer the highest stats in the game, they will bring out something else to “extend end game content”….

The fact there adding a new condition that will lock some players out of high end content until they have infused upgrades….that just makes it even worse.

Seems to me like there abondoning there own design philosophy and copying lotro and WoW….

(edited by TRON.1085)

piitb.7635

So because of the Agony part of it makes it all ok, I don’t think so. There effectively making exotics worthless by going against there own design promises and philosophy with a vertical gear grind like every other MMO…

If they start with this crap now it will never end, in a few years, legendary will be no longer the highest stats in the game, they will bring out something else to “extend end game content”….

Agony is dungeon specific.

Could you be any more melodramatic?

TRON.1085

The fact there adding a new condition that will lock some players out of high end content until they have infused upgrades….that just makes it even worse.

Seems to me like there abondoning there own design philosophy and copying lotro and WoW….

piitb.7635

So you just want to skip content?

I see where you’re coming from….

You just want the rewards, you don’t want to do the work to get the rewards.

TRON.1085

Nice twisting words and making stuff up mr fanboi / troll. Your posts are not even decent feedback or adding to the debate there too obvious my friend. Try harder.

Posted by: exelion.2369

exelion.2369

They are not adding a gear treadmill. Legendary is already a level of item quality in game. All they are doing is making Legendary the best of the best of the best (sir! If anyone gets this movie reference you get +10) and putting a level of gear between Exotic and Legendary.

You need to chill Tron.

Don’t mess with Ascalon!

piitb.7635

Nice twisting words and making stuff up mr fanboi / troll. Your posts are not even decent feedback or adding to the debate there too obvious my friend. Try harder.

You said it yourself.

"

lock some players out of high end content

Agony is for the higher level of fractals of the mists. In order to do this higher difficulty, you’ll at least need to spend some time doing the lower difficulty levels.

But you don’t want to do lower level fractals…..you just want to skip to the highest level of difficulty upon release.

TRON.1085

You said it yourself.

"

lock some players out of high end content

Agony is for the higher level of fractals of the mists. In order to do this higher difficulty, you’ll at least need to spend some time doing the lower difficulty levels.

But you don’t want to do lower level fractals…..you just want to skip to the highest level of difficulty upon release.

Iv added you to ignore list so wont see your posts anymore so this will be my last reply for you as your obviously not here to do anything besides troll, get the topic locked.

Agony is a game mechanic that stops players from accessing certain content at higher levels, thats never been in the game before and is against there own design philosophy, thats all im saying on it, so dont put words in my mouth.

This topic is discussing how they have added vertical gear progession which is something they said they would not do and where will they decide to stop and how far they will take it? Is it also discussing how now exotics “armor” sets that were the best stats in the game until this new information will now become pointless and worthless to aim for?

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

Legendary Ascended Armor… lawl priceless

Posted by: Carmedil.7085

Carmedil.7085

They said that future endgame content shall be using it, thus gating the content:

“As we release more new end game content in the future, you’ll see more Infusions and Ascended item types being added to the game. Eventually, you’ll be able to kit yourself out with a full set of Ascended gear and high end Infusions to help give you the edge in end game content.”

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

normal>master>rare>exotic>ascended>ascended master>ascended rare>ascended exotic> transcended>transcended master>transcended rare>transcended exotic…………… legendary

(maybe its worth crafting legendary now since legendary items will always be on par with the highest stat giving items in game) give us more legendary trinkets

Posted by: PeerlessArch.6547

PeerlessArch.6547

Could you be any more melodramatic? They are not adding a gear treadmill. Legendary is already a level of item quality in game. All they are doing is making Legendary the best of the best of the best (sir! If anyone gets this movie reference you get +10) and putting a level of gear between Exotic and Legendary.

You need to chill Tron.

That would be “Men in Black” of course!

On topic, why dont we just wait for the patch and find out before we all go insane over facts that arent even facts yet…

Currently wandering Tarnished Coast
Celestiel Veil – 80 Elementalist
{MOON}

(edited by PeerlessArch.6547)

Posted by: namastex.8906

namastex.8906

So what should the people who have full exotic sets and a legendary do? It would be sad if more than 30% of the population was running around doing absolutely nothing. What you are saying is that this game should not progress at all and once everyone has a full exotic set, and their legendary, they should just quit the game. In which case, many many MANY people are pretty much done with this game, aside from a legendary, which is in no way the most important thing to most people who are maxed out with a full level 80 exotic set.

Posted by: tyu.9470

tyu.9470

Iv added you to ignore list so wont see your posts anymore so this will be my last reply for you

Sorry to say this is such a childish thing to do. I’ll ignore you right after i have the last words so i feel mighty If you are willing to ignore someone please just ignore instead of a last reply.

Couldn’t resist but point it out.

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

So what should the people who have full exotic sets and a legendary do?

If they did the grind to get their legendary even though it had the same stats as an exotic they could have crafted for 4g, then clearly they don’t need ever-increasing stats to motivate them in the first place. They could always add more legendary gear, or more exotics (like Infinite Light). Players who like to grind for sweet gear would still want the gear.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

Posted by: Carmedil.7085

Carmedil.7085

So what should the people who have full exotic sets and a legendary do?

Start by reading this and other good articles from Richie on GW2 endgame.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/bored-at-level-80/