Legendary Armor Runes

Legendary Armor Runes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

So Legendary armor needs a way to save multiple runes to it otherwise the stat-swapping feature will be pointless. I think you should be able to add runes to the armor permanently or maybe there are a limited number of slots for each piece so like each armor can hold 3 types of runes and you’ll have to replace one if you want a 4th type at some point. I don’t know how it can work but something like that needs to be considered because for the same reason I never use stat swapping on my legendaries.

Legendary Armor Runes

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Then it’s the same issue legendary weapons would have at the moment.

I honestly just use some generic encounter sigils/runes for my equipment, but I guess min/maxers would have a problem with this. It’s far easier to have multiple exotic equipments with different sigils/runes than ascended or legendary.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Legendary Armor Runes

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Legendary items don’t lend themselves well to min/maxing.

Like ghost, my plan is to use versatile runes that are decent in all situations, just not really the best in anything particular. If I want to min/max I will make a specific set for that for whatever specific content I am planning to min/max.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Legendary Armor Runes

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

So Legendary armor needs a way to save multiple runes to it otherwise the stat-swapping feature will be pointless. I think you should be able to add runes to the armor permanently or maybe there are a limited number of slots snip

I support this rune library concept and the analogous sigil library for legendary weapons. Like the last 100 times it was suggested.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Legendary Armor Runes

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Frankly, I think we need to be able to store sigils/runes in Legendaries and be able to swap them, and then allow us to “salvage” the runes/sigils from Ascended equipment a la GW1 hero armor (In GW1, Hero Armor couldn’t be destroyed, and so when you salvaged it you would get the upgrades back while keeping the armor).

Legendary Armor Runes

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

There are things in the gem store called upgrade exacters. They want you to buy them. So this will not happen. It’s simple, if you want it bad enough you’ll pay. If not you won’t.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Legendary Armor Runes

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

There are things in the gem store called upgrade exacters. They want you to buy them. So this will not happen. It’s simple, if you want it bad enough you’ll pay. If not you won’t.

Most times (if not all the time) the price for 1 rune is less than that……Besides, this is most likely for dungeon running, and not so much random use, or lost sigil, so you dont need 7 daggers, or 3 GS etc.

Legendary Armor Runes

BrotherBelial.3094

Most times (if not all the time) the price for 1 rune is less than that……Besides, this is most likely for dungeon running, and not so much random use, or lost sigil, so you dont need 7 daggers, or 3 GS etc.

Indeed. I’m still waiting for them to make a permanent one. Then I’ll probably buy one. Salvage runes to sell on the TP, and the exotic they come off. Win win in my book.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Legendary Armor Runes

Posted by: dom.2748

dom.2748

Upgrade extractors are useless and pretty much unrelated to this guys request.

Legendary Armor Runes

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

being able to swap stats on legendary armor is almost useless if we cant swap the runes too ! ! !

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Legendary Armor Runes

BrotherBelial.3094

All true, but the fact they exist points to ANet wanting you to buy them. If they did add a rune/sigil library to the legendary gear, people will start asking for a single rune and sigil to unlock on all pieces, then they’ll want it account wide. Priced on runes and sigils will end up in the toilet. No your right, this has nothing to do with his request.

Legendary Armor Runes

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

All true, but the fact they exist points to ANet wanting you to buy them. If they did add a rune/sigil library to the legendary gear, people will start asking for a single rune and sigil to unlock on all pieces, then they’ll want it account wide. Priced on runes and sigils will end up in the toilet. No your right, this has nothing to do with his request.

prices on many runes and sigils are already there

Legendary Armor Runes

BrotherBelial.3094

True, but not everything can be BIS.

Legendary Armor Runes

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

This suggestion has been brought up a few times in the past, and I’m always opposed to it.

Legendaries aren’t supposed to be better than the other “best in slot” items in the game. They’re just supposed to a fancy skin and a guarantee that those will always be best-in-slot no matter what else in the game changes.

The change to allow them to swap stats already gave them a distinct advantage over ascended gear, BUT I feel that change was at least justified since legendaries are such a massive time and gold sink and if you were stuck with only 1 stat combination it would be a huge disadvantage to commiting to a legendary. So give it a distinct advantage in order to prevent legendaries from having a large disadvantage, that’s fine.

Rune / Sigil swapping, on the other hand… that would just be a pure bonus. You can already swap sigils and runes on legendaries, the same way you can on any other piece of gear. Buy a new sigil / rune, slot it in and replace the old one. There’s no problem that needs to be “fixed” by allowing swappable upgrades, it would just be something to make legendaries outright better than other gear. Which isn’t the intention of legendaries in GW2.

Legendary Armor Runes

Plok.5873

Guys, no1 here is asking for a free ride. Not for one upgrade component to rule them all, not for all of them available without cost.

→ Just for a few slots in legendary equipment to put previously acquired runes/sigils in, to switch along with the stats, so the latter makes sense at all.

Don’t reject and bash a reasonable request for what was never asked.

Legendary Armor Runes

Posted by: dom.2748

dom.2748

This suggestion has been brought up a few times in the past, and I’m always opposed to it.

Legendaries aren’t supposed to be better than the other “best in slot” items in the game. They’re just supposed to a fancy skin and a guarantee that those will always be best-in-slot no matter what else in the game changes.

The change to allow them to swap stats already gave them a distinct advantage over ascended gear, BUT I feel that change was at least justified since legendaries are such a massive time and gold sink and if you were stuck with only 1 stat combination it would be a huge disadvantage to commiting to a legendary. So give it a distinct advantage in order to prevent legendaries from having a large disadvantage, that’s fine.

Rune / Sigil swapping, on the other hand… that would just be a pure bonus. You can already swap sigils and runes on legendaries, the same way you can on any other piece of gear. Buy a new sigil / rune, slot it in and replace the old one. There’s no problem that needs to be “fixed” by allowing swappable upgrades, it would just be something to make legendaries outright better than other gear. Which isn’t the intention of legendaries in GW2.

What are you talking about? The whole point is to be able to swap stats whenever you want. Otherwise it is no different than Ascended gear where I can swap my stats and still have to replace the runes. It is a legendary it doesn’t have to be better stats-wise but it still has to be better.

Legendary Armor Runes

zengara.8301

True, but not everything can be BIS.

Got the feeling legendary armor might be just as hard to get as legendary gear, or exceptionally harder, so just a piece counts like a legendary by itself. (Do not think we know that yet).

Price drop would not be visible if that is the case, far from it tbh, would be laughable if the sigils even dropped below 5-10 silvers, if they did so I would probably think it is more about inflation, than the legendary gears…..

Legendary Armor Runes

zengara.8301

I gotta admit, this is true. But I still dont like having multiple gears for different occasions, having a gear set that could carry different sigils for dungeon runs or WvW/fractal swap would be great and less annoying.

Though it have been stated that Legendaries are simply cosmetic, but giving it different sigil slots does not affect the stats….. kinda hard. Again, I am all for the idea behind having to use less gear, but I get what you are referring to

Legendary Armor Runes

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

Maybe…. JUST Maybe…. Legendary armors will have selectable STATS and RUNES!

MIND…..

BLOWN!

Legendary Armor Runes

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Maybe…. JUST Maybe…. Legendary armors will have selectable STATS and RUNES!

MIND…..

BLOWN!

Maybe…. JUST Maybe…. Legendary weapons will (ever)have selectable STATS and SIGILLS!

MIND….

OH wait !!!

Attachments:

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Legendary Armor Runes

Posted by: FoRcExVoRtEx.9548

FoRcExVoRtEx.9548

Easiest solution, in my opinion, would be to allow you to permanently add a rune/sigil to a legendary armor/weapon. If this does happen with legendary armor, gen 1 leg weapons should also be updated with the same function, just with sigils. It would make the stat swap seem more ‘worthwhile’.

Legendary Armor Runes

Plok.5873

Beat me, but I’ve got no clue what you are trying to say, FoRc ^^

Legendary Armor Runes

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

What are you talking about? The whole point is to be able to swap stats whenever you want. Otherwise it is no different than Ascended gear where I can swap my stats and still have to replace the runes. It is a legendary it doesn’t have to be better stats-wise but it still has to be better.

No, the whole point was to be a nifty skin.
Nothing else.
The stat swapping was added later as a small convenience given how much work goes into them, although with transmutation available they really shouldn’t even have that if we’re honest.
Legendaries were supposed to be and promised to be a cosmetic advantage only.
We let the stat swapping slide because yeah okay for that much work having to pay for mute charges on top (plus an exotic weapon each time) to swap stats was a bit much (but remember that was based on the old system, not the wardrobe).
Now you could make 3 ascended swords and slap the Twilight skin on no problem, so the swapping is now a bit of a stretch, though I think most won’t complain because they want that themselves when they make one.
Yes, as I look at the work involved in finishing my own legendary I’d love to have a way to swap sigils/runes as well, but I have to admit that may be more of an advantage than legendaries should really have.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Legendary Armor Runes

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

So Legendary armor needs a way to save multiple runes to it otherwise the stat-swapping feature will be pointless. I think you should be able to add runes to the armor permanently or maybe there are a limited number of slots snip

I support this rune library concept and the analogous sigil library for legendary weapons. Like the last 100 times it was suggested.

would be cool, and would give a good reason to get a bounch of rune sets on one armour ^^