Legendary Armour

Legendary Armour

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: finkle.9513

finkle.9513

- Are we being forced to play one route of the game, if we want to obtain this Armour?

Am i right in saying it is only available via Raid Bosses?

So any Pvp, wvw or anyone else that doesn’t like raids, cant achieve this Armour, as Anet are forcing players down a route they do not wish to do

Legendary Armour

Posted by: Juclesia Elcritian.8410

Juclesia Elcritian.8410

Yes, you will only ever get Legendary Armor through Raids in PvE.

There may still be a different Legendary Armor for PvP, perhaps even WvW. But given that ANET has already said they are putting Legendary Weapons on the backburner for an undetermined amount of time, don’t expect to see any other Legendary Armor set for years to come.

Legendary Armour

Posted by: clone wars.9568

clone wars.9568

Yup anet AGAIN have failed to learn from their mistakes. Legendaries weapons or Armor should be able to be gained/earned from ANY game mode and not just ONE. Trying to push people to one gamemode backfires, just like pvp legendary backpacks has.

I am even less likely to want to play that gamemode because ANET are not being fair to players that like other gamemodes.

I play wvw and we get no legendary backpacks/armor even the mist skins are no longer available because we need tokens that can only be obtained via wvw seasons which anet hasn’t done in YEARS……..

All they do is give me even less reason to keep playing. I don’t like raids so wont play them. = LESS incentive to play longer so the gamelife decreases. Only offering things like this for one game mode not only removes timesinks for people like me it also removes possible goldsinks since I wont do raids so won’t spend gold on it.

We should be able to get Legendary items regardless of if we play pvp,wvw,pve content. Stop pushing everyone to gamemodes they don’t like.

(edited by clone wars.9568)

Legendary Armour

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

dunno why people keep saying they are forced to do something to get an item they want. Its like GW2 is the first mmorpg theyve played or something. Go play Runescape or Runes of Magic or probably WoW. High level items especially unique items traditionally only have one way of being obtained.

Legendary Armour

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

dunno why people keep saying they are forced to do something to get an item they want. Its like GW2 is the first mmorpg theyve played or something. Go play Runescape or Runes of Magic or probably WoW. High level items especially unique items traditionally only have one way of being obtained.

Well just because everyone else is doing it doesn’t mean it’s a good thing to do.

Legendary Armour

Posted by: clone wars.9568

clone wars.9568

Missing the point bro completely. People are not complaining a certain game mode has its own skins. Like dungeons have their own skins fracts have their own wvw well HAD the mist skins (currently unobtainable). This is all fine and no problem with that. However LEGENDARY skins are completely different and should never only be obtainable to ONE game mode. As you maybe aware they are end game items for a lot of people and as such they should not be obtainable from only one source they are unique skins to the game but shouldn’t be unique to one game mode.

Other skins to their own game modes I don’t think anyone is complaining about.
Don’t forget ANET mis-sold HOT advertising 12 new Legendary sets of weps and Legendary armor. People brought HOT for that reason then they sold us the game 6 months later cancelling legendaries and now only making legendary armor obtainable from one game mode 70% of the community are not interested in playing (raids).

People have a good reason to feel let down and cheated yet again when it comes to legendary topic.. This was not what we were sold on…

(edited by clone wars.9568)

Legendary Armour

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Nothing at all suggests they wont add legendary armour to other modes down the line, but they are obviously struggling to implement legendaries right now, what with the weapon fiasco and delay on revealing the armour skins.

Hopefully wvw and pvp will get their time too.

Legendary Armour

Posted by: SlateSloan.3654

SlateSloan.3654

After all the time playing i already have all sorts of ascended armors with different stats so until legendary armor wont bring the habbit of being able to alter runes on it without costs it wont be of any reason for me to craft it as i wont have any incentive to do it.

If it will be possible to gain legendary armor through wvw i might let it run aside normal gaming and maybe one day craft it.

If its just the same like legendary weapons that only base stats can be changed its failed implementation into the game for me as anet is way too late with it. I would see it as waste of resources i as a player have put into anet.

let me entertain you

Legendary Armour

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Yes you are forced to raid for Legendary armor

You are also “forced”:

To play PvP for glorious armor
To play WvW for their newly added armor set
To do full map exploration for old legendary weapons
To do full HoT map exploration for new legendary weapons
To play events for Karma armor/weapons
To play AB for Auric weapons
To play VB for bladed armor
To play TD for chak weapons
To play DS for leystone armor
To do achievements for achievement armor/weapons
To win WvW seasons for Mistforged weapons
To do fractals for Fractal weapons
To do high level fractals for golden fractal weapons
To do fractals for the fractal backpack
To do Ranked PvP for the PvP backpack
To Play SW for luminescent armor

You might as well quit the game, everything seems to be exclusive…

Legendary Armour

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

You are also “forced”:

^This.

This isn’t the first thing in the game where you need to focus on one section of it to get something.
Besides… It’s not like you NEED it at all.
You want the best armour in game.. Do what is needed to get it… Pvp doesn’t matter and very few people actually like the skins from what I’ve seen so it’s not a fashion thing.
WvW I can understand some sort of system there where changing stats would actually matter/have an effect.
And in PvE – We have Raids.
It’s not like Raids when organised and experienced is hard.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Legendary Armour

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Missing the point bro completely. People are not complaining a certain game mode has its own skins. Like dungeons have their own skins fracts have their own wvw well HAD the mist skins (currently unobtainable). This is all fine and no problem with that. However LEGENDARY skins are completely different and should never only be obtainable to ONE game mode. As you maybe aware they are end game items for a lot of people and as such they should not be obtainable from only one source they are unique skins to the game but shouldn’t be unique to one game mode.

Other skins to their own game modes I don’t think anyone is complaining about.
Don’t forget ANET mis-sold HOT advertising 12 new Legendary sets of weps and Legendary armor. People brought HOT for that reason then they sold us the game 6 months later cancelling legendaries and now only making legendary armor obtainable from one game mode 70% of the community are not interested in playing (raids).

People have a good reason to feel let down and cheated yet again when it comes to legendary topic.. This was not what we were sold on…

Why do i even bother.

You say i missed the point, and then say Legendary skins should never be limited to one game mode, clearly i didnt.

Its because you think like this that I said unique level items are traditionally restricted to one location because they are unique items. Item restriction on items with a legendary status is nothing new to mmorpgs. In fact it is normally used as an incentive for players to play certain content, which in this case is raids.

Why should legendary skins not be limited to one game mode? I’m not saying they should, but why shouldn’t they? is there a good reason other than entitlement?

“70% of the community are not interested in playing (raids)” You know this how? where does this number come from? I’m not interested in raids but i dont pull numbers from thin air to justify an argument.

This sort of discussion of being forced to play content for items you want is mostly Anet’s fault for marketing to casuals in the first place then trying to bring in hardcores. Confused identity. I’m pretty sure this sort of talk would never be found on older mmos that made it clear who their target was .

(edited by Ragion.2831)

Legendary Armour

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I can’t help wondering if worrying about this might be premature. Raiders can’t even get legendary armor yet, so I’m not going to fret about alternative methods until the first one is finished.

I don’t want legendary armor to be the exclusive prize of raids forever, but I don’t mind Anet easing into it. Maybe LS3 will introduce a “legendary armor journey,” or maybe that will be part of Expansion #2, but it’s okay, in my opinion, if legendary armor stays a raid-only thing for a while.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Legendary Armour

Posted by: Scrapbasket.8213

Scrapbasket.8213

This is my opinion and you a welcome to disagree, but most thing in this game is something you only have to do ONCE. if you can’t take away some time to do that one thing once why should you get it? i spent about 10h last saturday in wvw(don’t like wvw) to get the Triumphant light leggings, because i thought they fit well with the pheonix armor. i did that one thing to get something i wanted and got rewarded for it. do you see what i’m getting at here?

Legendary Armour

Posted by: Lorin.9564

Lorin.9564

I’m mostly hoping to legendary armor without raids!

Legendary Armour

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I’m fine with it being raid exclusive.

The idea that you should be able to have whatever you want by doing only the things you want to is dumb, creates boring loot, and makes content feel less rewarding.

This isn’t WoW. Legendaries are a skin with a largely ignorable QoL buff. You don’t need them any more than you need the gem store outfit of the week. If you’re not willing to do the content tied to the skins you want, then you simply haven’t earned that reward. Either you want the reward more than you dislike the content, or you dislike the content enough to live without the reward.

Just having a GW2 account does not entitle you to every item in the game.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Legendary Armour

Posted by: cakemonkey.6347

cakemonkey.6347

OP Said armor, not skins. There is a difference.

Item that occupies the slot rather than visual appearance.

Not really trying to weight in on what’s right or not. Just seeing the argument being had over skins, when in actuality the poster was commenting on availability of the armor itself, not the skin.

Legendary Armour

Posted by: Indie.4129

Indie.4129

You are also “forced”:

And all of those are simply skins, with maybe the exception of a few stat combos, giving no advantage at all over anything you could buy off the tp or get in any game mode.

Legendary Armour

Posted by: Chaos.5072

Chaos.5072

If you really want a legendary without having to be “forced” to do a certain type of content, they would have to add a button in the UI that said “Give me a free legendary”

Even then I bet people would complain because they are forced to click the button which is something they don’t want to have to do.

Legendary Armour

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I can certainly see the appeal of access to legendary armor for non-raiders, especially for WvW-players (They should totally make a WvW legendary armor set. Fractals and PvP get Backpacks, Raids and WvW should get Armor!)

Sure, even without the ability to swap runes at-will, being able to change base-stats on armor would be an awesome QoL use – certainly moreso than the stat-swapping on Legendary weapons. Every character wears the same weight in armor regardless of whether they go for a condi build, healing/support build, power build, or survival build. Weapons, on the other hand, are largely restricted to their role per class based on their skills they offer. But slap some general-purpose runes on the armor like Warrior or Traveller, and you can tweak your stats as needed based on the weapon you have equipped.

Legendary Armour

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Once again people are missing the point of the argument being made. It has nothing to do with the skin applied to the raid items, and everything to do with the tier tied to the items. The point set forth is that there is no other way to obtain that tier of item via any other means, and that’s where the issue lies. Not with the raids having their own skins. By all means, they should absolutely have their own skin sets.

Most of the examples set forth are skins – wvw armor, chak weapons, aurics weapons, glorious armor. Yes, absolutely, specific skins for specific tasks. That’s as it should be. This is not the problem.

Even the legendary back piece offers two routes of acquisition (fractals or pvp). They are different skins tied to the specific means of acquisition, and that’s fine. That’s great actually. But that’s all people want – more acquisition options for that tier of item. They aren’t asking for it to be “easier.” They aren’t asking for it to be “handed” to them. They just want options.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Legendary Armour

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

You are also “forced”:

To play PvP for glorious armor (skin)
To play WvW for their newly added armor set (skin)
To do full map exploration for old legendary weapons (weapon alternative #1)
To do full HoT map exploration for new legendary weapons (weapon alternative #2)
To play events for Karma armor/weapons (skin)
To play AB for Auric weapons (skin)
To play VB for bladed armor (skin)
To play TD for chak weapons (skin)
To play DS for leystone armor (skin)
To do achievements for achievement armor/weapons (skin)
To win WvW seasons for Mistforged weapons (skin)
To do fractals for Fractal weapons (skin)
To do high level fractals for golden fractal weapons (skin)
To do fractals for the fractal backpack (bp alternative #1)
To do Ranked PvP for the PvP backpack (bp alternative #2)
To Play SW for luminescent armor (skin)

Yep that argument totally make sense…. cough….cough…

Legendary Armour

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

I don’t think we will see legendary armor before the guild wars 2 grounding.

Legendary Armour

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

-Gift of Battle moved to a wvw reward track requiring maybe ~5 hours of wvw participation. Significantly longer but also easier if done in EOTM.

“OMG Anet I don’t want to have to do content I don’t like to get a legendary weapon!”

-Gift of Exploration once upon a time required mapping out all 4 WvW maps.

“OMG Anet I don’t want to have to do content I don’t like to get a legendary weapon!”

-Legendary armor requires you to complete raid wings to unlock the precursor collections.

“Just, like, do the content. If you don’t want to do the content, then you don’t deserve the rewards.”

Attachments:

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Legendary Armour

Posted by: Ingros.7801

Ingros.7801

Once again people are missing the point of the argument being made. It has nothing to do with the skin applied to the raid items, and everything to do with the tier tied to the items. The point set forth is that there is no other way to obtain that tier of item via any other means, and that’s where the issue lies. Not with the raids having their own skins. By all means, they should absolutely have their own skin sets.

Most of the examples set forth are skins – wvw armor, chak weapons, aurics weapons, glorious armor. Yes, absolutely, specific skins for specific tasks. That’s as it should be. This is not the problem.

Even the legendary back piece offers two routes of acquisition (fractals or pvp). They are different skins tied to the specific means of acquisition, and that’s fine. That’s great actually. But that’s all people want – more acquisition options for that tier of item. They aren’t asking for it to be “easier.” They aren’t asking for it to be “handed” to them. They just want options.

But it does have to do with the skin and the assumed prestige of the item since legendary items are the same stat tier as ascended items.

For instance people craft Twilight all the time, (chose Twilight since it’s one of the most popular Legendaries) even though according to GW2 efficiency it costs 2361g 66s to craft. For that same price they could have 26.2 ascended greatswords (90g 7s each)

Now according to Anet they want a full set of Legendary armor to cost the same as a legendary weapon. The new legendaries in HoT cost between 3027g 89s (Astro) and 3217g 79s (Nevermore). Now ascended armor costs between 534g 97s (Heavy) and 620g 29s (Med) a set.

So put these numbers together and at best a player could have 6.01 sets of ascended armor and at worst 4.88 sets for the cost of 1 set of legendary armor. As an added bonus each one of those ascended armors could have a rune set tailored to the use it serves vice some generic set that kind of works or one that does not work at all.

Legendary Armour

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

You are also “forced”:

And all of those are simply skins, with maybe the exception of a few stat combos, giving no advantage at all over anything you could buy off the tp or get in any game mode.

Pretty sure everything on that list except maybe luminescent armor is an item not a skin. Legendary armor has the same stats as ascended armor, which can be obtained in all game modes already, so there is no stat advantage, you are getting it for the legendary quality skin. Just like weapons you cannot change the rune/infusion at will so you are stuck with whatever you choose, even more so since runes vary significantly more than sigils do.

That being said, as long as the skin is exclusive I certainly don’t have a problem with other skins being available in other game modes. You can make leystone armor legendary for all I care, as long as the skin stays raid exclusive.

Legendary Armour

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

^ This exactly. I don’t care if the skins are raid exclusive. I, however, want a way to get legendary armor (I don’t care if it’s ugly) via another route. Legendary weapons and Legendary armor have much more use for general players, hence why most MMORPG’s use armor and weapons as the most popular things to attain.

Raids being the only specific game mode to obtain legendary armor is hogwash. Way to alienate and chase off players ANET.

What they should do is implement it in WvW as well and release Legendary armors in raids at the same time it’s also obtainable in WvW. God knows that game mode could use much more loving.

(edited by Phantasmal.5631)

Legendary Armour

LanfearShadowflame.3189

But it does have to do with the skin and the assumed prestige of the item since legendary items are the same stat tier as ascended items.

For instance people craft Twilight all the time, (chose Twilight since it’s one of the most popular Legendaries) even though according to GW2 efficiency it costs 2361g 66s to craft. For that same price they could have 26.2 ascended greatswords (90g 7s each)

Now according to Anet they want a full set of Legendary armor to cost the same as a legendary weapon. The new legendaries in HoT cost between 3027g 89s (Astro) and 3217g 79s (Nevermore). Now ascended armor costs between 534g 97s (Heavy) and 620g 29s (Med) a set.

So put these numbers together and at best a player could have 6.01 sets of ascended armor and at worst 4.88 sets for the cost of 1 set of legendary armor. As an added bonus each one of those ascended armors could have a rune set tailored to the use it serves vice some generic set that kind of works or one that does not work at all.

You’ll note that a lot of us that are discussing the legendary armor could give a rat’s kitten about the actual skin involved. We’re looking for the functionality that comes with the legendary tier essentially. This way we don’t need to stick a couple dozen sets of armor and weapons in our banks for purpose “a” and purpose “b.” It has nothing to do with “prestige” and everything to do with that fact that changing a rune/sigil set and swapping armor to another character is easier and less hassle than having to dig through an entire wardrobe of armor in my goddess forsaken bank! (Not to mention bank space is a bit of a premium)

You want the raid skin to show off your raid kitten? Fine. Great. Have at it.

Don’t tell me I can’t have a specific tier of armor in a game based on cosmetics where stats are’t supposed to be a “big deal” just because I’m not interested in running your one specific brain dead rat race. OPTIONS are not a bad thing. Get your kitten on elsewhere. If you feel having as legendary tier of armor available via another means somehow belittles your acquisition of them through raids, that’s your own insecurities talking.

Legendary Armour

LanfearShadowflame.3189

^ This exactly. I don’t care if the skins are raid exclusive. I, however, want a way to get legendary armor (I don’t care if it’s ugly) via another route. Legendary weapons and Legendary armor have much more use for general players, hence why most MMORPG’s use armor and weapons as the most popular things to attain.

Raids being the only specific game mode to obtain legendary armor is hogwash. Way to alienate and chase off players ANET.

What they should do is implement it in WvW as well and release Legendary armors in raids at the same time it’s also obtainable in WvW. God knows that game mode could use much more loving.

Ideally I’d like to see a set for fractals (maybe matching the back piece in theme), one for pvp, one for wvw, and maybe one for “general” pve. The pre’s could be collection hunts just like the weapon pres. Hell, give me a collection (or 3) for each individual piece per weight. I’m ok with that. I never said “make it easy.”

Legendary Armour

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Don’t tell me I can’t have a specific tier of armor in a game based on cosmetics where stats are’t supposed to be a “big deal” just because I’m not interested in running your one specific brain dead rat race.

Umm… if it’s a cosmetics game wouldn’t you be more worried about the skin than the color of the letters for the item?

Legendary Armour

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Don’t tell me I can’t have a specific tier of armor in a game based on cosmetics where stats are’t supposed to be a “big deal” just because I’m not interested in running your one specific brain dead rat race.

Umm… if it’s a cosmetics game wouldn’t you be more worried about the skin than the color of the letters for the item?

No. Because we can get better cosmetics/skins all over the place. But being able to stat-swap as needed to fit with various weapons (Especially if we’re keeping them full of Traveller’s Runes) while keeping the consistent look we want (I don’t think I’ll give up my Gladiator’s Chestpiece for anything) would be absolutely invaluable.

Legendary Armour

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Legendary items are pretty spotty for me. Most of the skins I don’t care for, and the tier, well I care about that not at all.

Legendary Armour

Posted by: Bee.7081

Bee.7081

I’m just curious, what do you think would be the other way obtaining the legendary armor let’s say playing wvw?

Kill 1.000.000 players? Take SM 10.000 times? Do a specific reward track 5.000 times? (and that for each armor item.)

Since wvw-ers in general hate almost (if not) any form of PvE. What on Earth is the idea, that would make this legendary armor journey be in par with doing raids for several months and succeeding in it?

(Note: I’m not against the idea of obtaining the legendary armor and it’s precursor in other ways. But seriously, just by playing wvw and killing other players as usual, also depending on your server’s performance… I don’t know… That would bring up other problems aswel.)

(edited by Bee.7081)

Legendary Armour

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

I’m just curious, what do you think would be the other way obtaining the legendary armor let’s say playing wvw?

Kill 1.000.000 players? Take SM 10.000 times? Do a specific reward track 5.000 times? (and that for each armor item.)

Since wvw-ers in general hate almost (if not) any form of PvE. What on Earth is the idea, that would make this legendary armor journey be in par with doing raids for several months and succeeding in it?

(Note: I’m not against the idea of obtaining the legendary armor and it’s precursor in other ways. But seriously, just by playing wvw and killing other players as usual, also depending on your server’s performance… I don’t know… That would bring up other problems aswel.)

I would tie it in with wvw reward tracks requirements. Most take 8 hours or more for one piece. Maybe 2 or 3 reward tracks, some pve story/scavenger hunt, and typical legendary may gathering would be ok and a great way to start. Just make it central to the game modes it belongs in.

Legendary Armour

LanfearShadowflame.3189

If I were after that specific look, then I’d be perfectly happy to do that content. Which is sort of the point of tying specific looks to specific content. But a lot of us aren’t after the look. We’re after the functionality that comes with that tier and no other.

Which is why we’re asking for that tier to be available via other alternatives. Be it pvp seasons, fractal achievement collections, pve precusor treks, wvw tracks, etc. The raids can keep their specific skin set (in fact, I insist that each has its own unique skin set).

But this argument isn’t about the skin.

Legendary items are pretty spotty for me. Most of the skins I don’t care for, and the tier, well I care about that not at all.

I only like a few of the skins myself. Most legendaries (when I finally choose to collect them, and I will eventually) will end up reskinned to fit the theme of the character they reside on. I don’t care about the purple text either, in truth. I care about the promise of always matching top stats (in case they ever do go back on “no new tiers”) and the functionality that legendaries possess (the ooc stat swap).

Yes, people will argue that its cheaper to craft ascended and rune / sigil them as needed because there is no easy way to swap these things out on legendaries, short of overwriting them, which can get expensive. However, how much that convenience is worth (not to mention bank and inventory space) is going vary from person to person.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Legendary Armour

Posted by: Ingros.7801

Ingros.7801

If I were after that specific look, then I’d be perfectly happy to do that content. Which is sort of the point of tying specific looks to specific content. But a lot of us aren’t after the look. We’re after the functionality that comes with that tier and no other.

Which is why we’re asking for that tier to be available via other alternatives. Be it pvp seasons, fractal achievement collections, pve precusor treks, wvw tracks, etc. The raids can keep their specific skin set (in fact, I insist that each has its own unique skin set).

Fair enough. I do agree with you that WvW and PvE should also get some sets. Just be prepared since they are going to be expensive and VERY grindy if the HoT legendaires and price of the raid set are any indication.

I for one will probably be just getting the 2 ascended sets that come from raids unless the skin is absolutely amazing

Legendary Armour

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Fair enough. I do agree with you that WvW and PvE should also get some sets. Just be prepared since they are going to be expensive and VERY grindy if the HoT legendaires and price of the raid set are any indication.

I for one will probably be just getting the 2 ascended sets that come from raids unless the skin is absolutely amazing

I expect nothing less than grind, frustration, and gold sink. Just like with the weapon pre’s. And they should be comparable to the raid effort to an extent (though I hear mixed reviews on that). Bring it on Anet. Bring it on. (I guarantee I’ll still whine, but it’ll be good natured whining.)

Legendary Armour

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Ideally I’d like to see a set for fractals (maybe matching the back piece in theme), one for pvp, one for wvw, and maybe one for “general” pve. The pre’s could be collection hunts just like the weapon pres. Hell, give me a collection (or 3) for each individual piece per weight. I’m ok with that. I never said “make it easy.”

Or even better, make it so you can do whatever content you prefer, in any combination / amount per content. That adds up to the same effort (for those who don’t get it).

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

(edited by Djinn.9245)