Legendary Craftable Armors? *twitch*

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

As we all know most of the crafting profession have been bumped from 400 to 500 except for cooking and jewelry, but I seen someone in game last week, go off on this well bent-out-of-shape tizzy about how the concept of 500 Jeweler is… stupid.

They have connected all crafting rank bounced to 500 only to make Ascended. However, from this person’s point of view, via Fractals, we already have Ascended jewelry so whats the point in allowing us to make our own Ascended Jewelry.

I kinda understood their argument, but… ever since I saw the new Fractals Backpiece previewed, well…. cringe Legendary? ACK!!!!

Suddenly my heart sank and I started sweating profusely at the mere thought of – Legendary Armor? twitch twitch twitch

I am seeing a probable future here… and I need a Xanax

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

(edited by Jaymee.1560)

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

It was inevitable once they added Ascended gear, which changed gear’s function from prestige to progression. The inevitable outcome of a progression system is to incorporate more progression to continue self-justification. Labeling it Legendary is just an excuse to have an unnecessarily complicated and prolonged process for minimal benefit.

But we have a problem because its Max stat. Considering how sensitive the game is to certain numbers, due to multiplicative stacking, even tiny gaps in stats can have a significant impact on survival/lethal break points for combat. 200 DPS on its own doesn’t mean much…. but 200 DPS that now puts you over the break point for a lethal combo over a 5 second engagement is HUGE.

(edited by starlinvf.1358)

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Eh I hope 500 Jeweler comes out of this. The one long term investment I made can finally come to fruition then.

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Legendary and Ascended share the same stats, so what difference would it really make?

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Eh I hope 500 Jeweler comes out of this. The one long term investment I made can finally come to fruition then.

500 jeweler was confirmed ages ago.
…and I’ve personally seen a developer in Silverwastes gushing about it.

Attachments:

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

I started sweating profusely at the mere thought of – Legendary Armor? twitch twitch twitch

I’ve been laughing for 5 minutes at this, and i agree /blankstare

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

They announced hopes of future Legendary jewelry/armor way back in early 2013/so I don’t understand has this could’ve ‘suddenly dawned on’ anyone. It’s not a bad thing either. I, surely, hope they keep most of the v8sual prestige tied into new/different weapons, BUT the idea of having ONE FULL SET of gear (apart from wight class restrictions, of course) that can be transferred between characters and has fully selectable stats sounds amazing. My only hope is that they don’t màke Legendary armor/jewelry/backpacks TOO ridiculous to craft and keep most of the gold/material sink aspect on current/future Legendary weapons. I mean, how sparkly does a set of armor or a backpack really need to be (compared to what we already have)? And jewelry can’t even be seen,..

It’s the stat swa0ping that we want/need!!!!

Keep it fairly simple for armor/jewelry and ‘GO ALL OUT’/on future Legendary Weapons is my true hope.

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

I started sweating profusely at the mere thought of – Legendary Armor? twitch twitch twitch

I’ve been laughing for 5 minutes at this, and i agree /blankstare

My life’s work is complete. I made someone laugh with that ending (as was my intention)

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Enko.6123

500 jeweler was confirmed ages ago.
…and I’ve personally seen a developer in Silverwastes gushing about it.

Source of confirmation? We all assumed that Cooking and Jeweler would go to 500 eventually. Just not a lot of actual news about it.

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Legendary and Ascended share the same stats, so what difference would it really make?

Would allow to change its stats anywhere.

For some people like me who likes experimenting, would be good, but the only ascended pieces that I have is rings and amulets and none legendary weapons. Does not worth the effort for me, the grind is too much.

The effort might not be viable to accomplish this.

Sorry for my english.

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

I don’t even want to think about making legendary armor/jewelry. As it stands now, you need to do certain instances (dungeons) to even make a legendary weapon, not to mention the sheer cost or time spend farming of obtaining all the rest.

If the requirements to make a legendary armorpiece or jewelry will be of the same order, i can almost guarantuee that most players will not even think about getting it.

After watching how many ppl make legendary weapons in comparison to those who don’t, you can assume that there are different categories of players :

1. the farmers who spend most of their time in instances/dungeons, making as much cash as possible to make a leg. weapon.
2. the cashshoppers, who just buy stuff off the TP and farm just enough to make it.
3. those that don’t care, but wish they had the luck/cash to make one.

Count the cost of a leg. weapon. Both in cash and time spent. Now do that times six.
Gratz, you now have a leg. armor set. And it will only matter to those that absolutely want it, because they can hardly increase the armor stats on it now, you know : vertical progression being a nono….

Besides, if the stats don’t change, why would anyone go for it (except looks maybe) over the ascended gear ? Changing stats ? Why ? Ppl who want it usually go with the “meta” of going full zerker.

But all that aside, what i’m most wary about is the increased Fractals. lvl 100 fractal ?
To what end ? To have a challenge ? If i wanted that i wouldn’t play this brainless game where you target, faceroll your keyboard and collect the drop in your meta gear.
Even pug groups in fractals already know what to do there (most of em do) and it will become no different in the 50+ fractals after a while.

Honestly, the Dev’s logic escapes me.

Posted by: CrimsonDX.4821

CrimsonDX.4821

Depending on how the new map reward system works, I say bring it on

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Would allow to change its stats anywhere.

For some people like me who likes experimenting, would be good, but the only ascended pieces that I have is rings and amulets and none legendary weapons. Does not worth the effort for me, the grind is too much.

I was mainly responding to the people complaining about progression. Ascended and Legendary share the same stats, so the progression doesn’t go any higher than it already is.

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

There already been devs statements on reddit that they plan to bring in and have ideas for 500 jeweler In line with other crafing professions soon™. It doesnt have to be ascended jewelery, it could be something totally new.

I have just the opposite feeling on legedary armor. The thought of legendary trinkets and armor with swapable stats is a dream come true for those of us that like to experment and run different builds. That and it would be nice to have something to spend all the gold I have accumulated. I suspect they will intro it very slowly as not to shock markets.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

You probably mean “it might not be worth the effort to do it” , in which case i totally agree with you.

At first i thought i might go for a legendary weapon, but when i got my first pre from the MF (at a 50G investment of rares), i quickly decided to sell it because the effort of obtaining all the mats needed wouldn’t be worth it.
I’m already tired of looking at all those ‘amazing Leg. skins’ with their amazing footstep trails…. seriously, there are better skins out there which cost a fraction of the Leg.weapons. And i suspect if they release Leg. armors, it will be the same.
Amaaaaaazing !…for about 5 minutes.

Does not worth the effort for me, the grind is too much.

Indeed.
But that’s what this game is to obtain anything : a grind. That’s why some ppl never leave PvP or WvW. Without it, this game would probably be on the backend.

(edited by Sthenith.5196)

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I’ll take legendary armor if I can have a rune library. Swap from one build to another and buy 6 expensive runes every time? No thanks, exotics suit my alternate builds just fine.

Stat swapping jewelry would be awesome though. And free up a few bank tabs

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Would love to see Legendary armor actually. To the above points you could have the same stats as Ascended or go the extra effort and make a set that can also be changed on the fly. To me that would be worth the work. And I am not an Legendary chaser.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Enko.6123

Would also love if they included a sigil/rune locker that once you slot in a sigil/rune then it unlocks it for that legendary piece and you can change it as well.

Mireles Lore.5942

Yes swap-able runes… maybe even a legendary rune that involved collecting them all to craft them to be able to swap to whatever.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

After watching how many ppl make legendary weapons in comparison to those who don’t, you can assume that there are different categories of players :

1. the farmers who spend most of their time in instances/dungeons, making as much cash as possible to make a leg. weapon.
2. the cashshoppers, who just buy stuff off the TP and farm just enough to make it.

4. Those who aren’t in a huge hurry to get things ASAP and are happy to work towards it gradually.

I have a legendary. It took me a year and a half to make, and I’d already been playing for over a year and had some things completed when I decided to start. It took a long time and the commitment to put most my gold and other resources towards that instead of other things but other than that it wasn’t hard, certainly not an insurmountable goal. And now I get to kill things with unicorns.

If/when legendary armour comes out it’ll be the same (but probably without unicorns). If you feel like you must have the best equipment and you must have it now then it will be a problem. If you recognise that you don’t need it to play any part of the game but can work towards it if you like it then it’ll be fine.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Mireles Lore.5942

4. Those who aren’t in a huge hurry to get things ASAP and are happy to work towards it gradually.

I have a legendary. It took me a year and a half to make, and I’d already been playing for over a year and had some things completed when I decided to start. It took a long time and the commitment to put most my gold and other resources towards that instead of other things but other than that it wasn’t hard, certainly not an insurmountable goal. And now I get to kill things with unicorns.

If/when legendary armour comes out it’ll be the same (but probably without unicorns). If you feel like you must have the best equipment and you must have it now then it will be a problem. If you recognise that you don’t need it to play any part of the game but can work towards it if you like it then it’ll be fine.

This. I don’t believe in labor(grinding) in a video game. This thing I love about Guild Wars 2 is everything is obtainable with some critical thinking, saving, good spending habits. I had my first legendary in the first 6 months of the game. No grinding or cash shop required.

Whats even better. If you dont want a legendary. Your experience isnt deminished what so ever. So its not like you need to rush to get it.