Legendary Defender of Shaemoor.. the first?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

In GW1, I was a 3 time “Legendary Defender of Ascalon” in Pre-Searing.
In GW2, ArenaNET tried to take away every opportunity to max level in the tutorial zone.. so, they gave me a challenge.

…and since it sounds like anyone in PvP will be able to be able to buy their way to level 80 with glory, as of December 10th, I hurried along to create a:

LEVEL 80 Character in the Human Tutorial Area!

Am I the first? Here’s the screenshots to prove it:

Attachments:

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

That’s pretty sick, a lot of dedication, congrats.

You should add a /played or /age picture too.

I do miss the presearing concept that gw1 had, it was fun to play in a 2nd world within the game itself.

Also I was wondering if you had 245% magic find through luck already?

(edited by Osi.3504)

Posted by: MrDark.8632

MrDark.8632

How did you unlock the Master and Grandmaster tiers in the tutorial area?

~ Blue Darkpurr

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Thanks.

This toon isn’t my oldest (9pm August 29th, 2012 of course!), so the age isn’t that impressive. I did not know there was a “/played,” I’ll have to check that out.

I reached 245% with the birthday booster. It was the level 20 scroll in our first birthday presents which gave me the first glimmer of hope!

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

The trait books aren’t bind on pickup; you can sell or trade them.

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Even with the booster and at level 80, each enemy is still only worth 5 XP, so I think it would be pretty much insane to get max level by killing Tamini only.

Crafting is possible using the temporarily released 15-minute crafting tables (account bound).. if you didn’t get them during the Southsun event, you’re out of luck as far as I know.

Also, a new player opened my eyes to the tiers.. the trait books aren’t account bound, so you can buy and send them to anyone!

All said, I did find a way to level outside of the tutorial WITHOUT ANY HACKS.

Once I find out if I’m the first or not, I’ll share what I did.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Bots reached level 80 in there a long time ago, back when the centaurs commonly dropped loot bags.

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I imagine that’s likely. How many are a) still in Shaemoor and b) not banned for botting?

ArenaNET should be able to do a database query or two, if they are so inclined, to see if anyone reached 80 since the bags were nerfed. If someone got to 80 before that without botting, then I’d like to meet them, because I tried and it wasn’t nearly enough time for me.

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

Bots reached level 80 in there a long time ago, back when the centaurs commonly dropped loot bags.

That wouldn’t be legit though.

Also to the OP, I imagine you stored lots of materials and boosters in your bank, used the 2 week access banker to pull out crafting tables, boosters or even some perm contacts if it took over 2 weeks and speed level to 80 in a few hours for like 100g.

I could see this being very doable and also very fast and easy if you had money and crafting tables which I have a lot of gold and a few tables but I don’t know if anyone has bothered to attempt to do this before.

/played should tell you how long you’ve played that character, hour wise.

Allisa Wonderland.8192

/played doesn’t work, but /age on this toon is only 82 days.. you are right, it doesn’t take very long to do it if you speed craft. I only went nuts on crafting to finish before the upcoming patch, otherwise I probably would have been working on it for a few more months.

Not having stories and all the map completions available didn’t help any.

Posted by: stemare.2578

stemare.2578

/played doesn’t work, but /age on this toon is only 82 days.. you are right, it doesn’t take very long to do it if you speed craft. I only went nuts on crafting to finish before the upcoming patch, otherwise I probably would have been working on it for a few more months.

Not having stories and all the map completions available didn’t help any.

How many hours did you actually play your character? /age should tell you.

Stemare ~ Guardian ~ lv80 ~ Far Shiverpeaks
Ci Assediamo Da Soli [SIGH] ~ Officier

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Sorry, I don’t give you credit for 1-80 in the starting zone simply because you did it with access to outside the zone. Although I credit your honesty, you could have just as easily showed your character in the starting armor and lied about it.

Posted by: JeffHardisty.1926

JeffHardisty.1926

Ages ago back when turrets didn’t despawn after 5 mins, I remember seeing a level 80 engi in the dream (Sylvari starting area). I would guess someone most likely did the same in shaemoor.

TC [CERN]

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Pennry. I understand the perspective, and I think being honest about it is the only way to go. Without the intention of telling exactly what I did, it would be easy to accuse me of doing something unscrupulous to get this achievement.

It wasn’t “pure” killing centaurs.. I compare it to the original GW1 title, in which you left your character to die repeatedly for countless hours because it was impossible to get XP from the enemies past a certain level.

Both were “workarounds.” Now, there is a “legitimate” way to get level 80 by buying the levelling tomes.. like a “legitimate” way to earn LDoA was adding to GW1 by adding additional quests to the tutorial area.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Meh some ppl here never understand how hard was get LDoA in gw1. Some respect to OP guys

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Here’s the /age shot. You can see that I’ve played my share of the game.. I’m actually pretty surprised that the number of hours is so low for the individual toon. It is definitely the fastest levelling I’ve done for any of my 10 level 80 characters!

Attachments:

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m not sure if they actually finished it or not but a few months ago there was an engineer on Desolation who had gotten to level 62 in the human tutorial. I’ll have to double check my screenshot but I think their name was actually Legendary Defender of Shaemoor.

I know a lot of GW1 players thought about doing it. I have 2 LDoA’s myself (one done the old way, one with the new quests), but I changed my mind when I saw how small the areas are and that they’re pretty much identical to the main maps. For me the main appeal of LDoA was having a character stay in pre-searing Ascalon, going for the title just gave me something to do while I was there.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It looks like you took your character to WvW and just went back to the tutorial, to me. That is one way of doing it, I guess.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

You are not the first to reach level 80 in the tutorial area. Some Charr did it a while ago.

As for Shaemoor. Probably not the first for that either considering how much time has passed already.

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

And you cheated, congrats, you must be really proud -_-

Next time you wanna brag or compare the “Legendary Defender of Ascalon” with your cheap “Shameful Defender of Shaemoor”, try to doing without cheating.

Not that it really matters -your time, not mine- but still…

What part of it the OP cheated?

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

I know me and a friend made our homage to Legendary Defenders of Ascalon a little while ago (see: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Legendary-Defenders-of-Ascalon-1/first ). Might be what Azure is referring to, not sure.

Don’t mind people saying it isn’t legit, some people just won’t get it.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

The principe of ‘’legendary defender’’ is to actualy have lvled from 1 to maximum lvl ONLY by killing mobs in the tutorial area (lvl 3s) By lvling from pvp you kind of bypassed the very principe of the achievement so no people wont acknowledge you for it

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

It looks like you took your character to WvW and just went back to the tutorial, to me. That is one way of doing it, I guess.

Not possible, neither of the menus to enter PvP or WvW are available until after you complete the tutorial.

And I really doubt anybody has or ever will do this just by killing mobs, even bots. The centaurs only give 3XP each, it takes 87,818,709 experience to reach level 80, that’s killing 29,272,903 centaurs. Assuming you are just ridiculously fast and can kill one a second (I don’t even think they spawn that fast) that’s 8132 hours of play.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Gwen.7619

Gwen.7619

Characters Don’t lvl up in pvp, wvw yes and i would be disappointed if that were the case but at the end of the day the op has a lvl80 in the starter instance witch is more then most can brag about.

Sorry for my English as I’m Dyslexic

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I know me and a friend made our homage to Legendary Defenders of Ascalon a little while ago (see: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Legendary-Defenders-of-Ascalon-1/first ). Might be what Azure is referring to, not sure.

Don’t mind people saying it isn’t legit, some people just won’t get it.

Wow, I didn’t realize the Charr starting map was so small

That’s level 80 in the Charr tutorial? Congratulations! Thanks for your support, too.

Did you find a way to level, other than the means I suggested? Seeing you with another character makes me think you might have done in the same way as I will be sharing. Yes?

When I first figured out (half) of the means to gain XP, I accidentally ended up with a character that never started their personal story, in LA. Not sure how I’m going to be able to proceed from there, but alas…

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Not possible, neither of the menus to enter PvP or WvW are available until after you complete the tutorial.

And I really doubt anybody has or ever will do this just by killing mobs, even bots. The centaurs only give 3XP each, it takes 87,818,709 experience to reach level 80, that’s killing 29,272,903 centaurs. Assuming you are just ridiculously fast and can kill one a second (I don’t even think they spawn that fast) that’s 8132 hours of play.

Pretty much. I got to level 4, I think, trying to kill centaurs at the spawn point by the first bridge. Even that was insanely tedious. When the level-20 scrolls appears and I learned that the XP never went up, I completely gave up on that idea and started to look for alternatives.

Even at 5XP per centaur, the boosters wouldn’t last long enough for the time required.

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Originally, I thought it would be necessary to have the banker golem, to transport the necessary tools through your bank. In order to keep this going, my first step was to move all of my bank/BLTC/merchant spawns (from the BLTC chests) to my tutorial character.

Question: Is there a tutorial map on each server (I’m guessing so) or are they amalgamated? I remember seeing “Overflow” during the pre-launch.. ah, such a madhouse was Shaemoor, those were the days!

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

I am sorry to tell you that your achievement will mean nothing as of tomorrow, and does not mean much even if you made it today. Congratulations though, because in your heart you know you worked a lot.

Here is why it has little worth now, and even less tomorrow.

1. Create character in Shaemoor.
2. Recieve prestart Bank Golem from Mail and use it.
3. Take out Permanent Bank Express/or many 1-time-use Bank Express(optional).
4. Take out 1 Experience Scroll(immediate level 20) from Bank.
5. Buy 60 Tomes of Knowledge from PvP(as of tomorrow).
6. Take out 60 Tomes of Knowledge from Bank and use them(+60 levels).
7. Buy Adept/Master/GM Manuals and take them from Bank(optional).
8. Buy Commander Title and take it from Bank(optional).
9. Buy Ascended whatever you want and take them from Bank(optional).

Level 80 fully traited, fully max geared, Commander in Shaemoor done in 5 minutes.

You are now officially the God Walking Among Mere NPCs(the last few times i created a new character, the starter zone was very deserted).

Even today, Tomes of Knowledge can be obtained from Black Lion Chest, WvW Season 1 Participation Bag, Tri-key Chest or WvW Season 1 Reward Chest.

I would not be surprised that you used the 10 Tomes from WvW season 1, or overfarmed Tri-Keys, or bought lots of BLKeys for Tomes of Knowledge.

(edited by Turtle Dragon.9241)

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

You won’t be able to buy ascended armor, it will be account-bound to those that craft it or have it drop just like the ascended weapons.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

You won’t be able to buy ascended armor, it will be account-bound to those that craft it or have it drop just like the ascended weapons.

I meant “buy Ascended rings/amulet/accessories” with laurels or commendations or pristine relics. Also, ascended weapon and armor? Craft them on another character and put them in bank. Big deal… that’s beyond the point anyway.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I would not be surprised that you used the 10 Tomes from WvW season 1, or overfarmed Tri-Keys, or bought lots of BLKeys for Tomes of Knowledge.

All of that is totally beside the point. It wouldn’t matter if they were the first or thousandth player to do it. It’s a cool thing! Congrats to the OP.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

I’m confused. Is the OP implying that come tomorrow when you can buy levels in PvP that it is a bad thing? Or it in some way cheapens accomplishing this? Because that’s the pot calling the kettle black. Using a lvl 20 booster and crafting to 80 is just buying a level 80. There is no more skill/dedication involved in doing that than there is grinding out the 90k glory and 12g to buy 60 Tomes of Knowledge and just stashing it in your bank and using the bank item.

If the point of this is to get level 80 strictly via the tutorial zone then that was not accomplished because things granted outside the tutorial were needed. If the point was just to get level 80 inside the tutorial then that is a much lesser feat and was certainly accomplished, but holds no more meaning now than it will once you can buy tomes of knowledge.

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Sorry for the newbie question, but how do the screenshots prove where the leveling was done?

Allisa Wonderland.8192

To those who missed my point regarding the patch tomorrow:

I know that it will be trivial, as of tomorrow, to level in Shaemoor. That is exactly the reason that I rushed through it over the weekend – to post in advance of the patch, when it is still has some meaning.

I have a character at level 80 in tutorial, before the patch, and I didn’t hack the game to get it. That is the full extent of my claim.

I used 5 tomes of knowledge (from the WvW chest) but was unaware that they were farmable in the tower until after I posted this, last night. It has been possible to use my method since launch, so I could have done this much sooner.

The screenshots prove that I’m level 80 in Shaemoor because the area only looks like this and has that starting question (see upper right corner) when in Shaemoor.

Thank you for those who sent me their congratulations, I appreciate it and hope that more toons join me in Shaemoor! I think I will use the tomes for the one I was originally working with only alt account

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Thanks. I think you must be a bit of a masochist but congrats.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Congrats! However I’m not sure what the big deal is? You ground out to L80 in the starter instance? I suppose I don’t see the value in that aside from spending a lot of time in the starter instance.

The Burninator

Posted by: Mr Pin.6728

Mr Pin.6728

I didn’t think that you could enter into PVP areas from the tutorial levels?

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

You haven’t denied the claim that you got all crafts to 400.

Posted by: bertillec.7864

bertillec.7864

OP, People will honor you and give you credit only if you do this by killing mobs, otherwise is just consider as cheat and nothing else.Or just a screenshot show.

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

remember when show and tell used to be cool?

now it’s show and be nitpicked and trolled.

apparently sharing with the community is looked down upon no matter what you do.
smh….

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Are you gonna keep it in the tutorial forever?

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

Don’t see what’s so special. I also have a lvl 80 but I did my tutorial at lvl 1. Seems like OP needs to be 79 levels above the competition to win. Good luck in the rest of the game

Posted by: roperratt.6917

roperratt.6917

Wow, so much venom. You’re supposed to play the game how YOU want to, and not how others want. Congrats to you Wonder for doing something just for the sake of doing so.

IGN: Roper the Ratt, Mithril Knight, Sophie the Golden, (TTS), (DTtD), (KCCO), (BANA)
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Leveling to 80 in the starter instance isn’t any sillier than climbing a mountain.

Why do it? Because it’s there.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

Next time you wanna brag or compare the “Legendary Defender of Ascalon” with your cheap “Shameful Defender of Shaemoor”, try to doing without cheating.

A lot of you weren’t around at the time, but when the first guy got level 20 in Pre-Searing, he had very similar reactions for death levelling. “It’s cheating, you’re not really playing the game”, so on, so forth.

This person did what few would have. Just like the first LDoA.

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

’You’ve completely bent the game to your will to do something that isn’t even supposed to be possible, but you didn’t do it in the grindiest way possible so you cheated’, is what I’m reading here. It’s an entertaining accomplishment regardless of how it was done.

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

A lot of you weren’t around at the time, but when the first guy got level 20 in Pre-Searing, he had very similar reactions for death levelling. “It’s cheating, you’re not really playing the game”, so on, so forth.

This person did what few would have. Just like the first LDoA.

Erm, as a matter of fact, I was there. And that’s exactly why I can’t be impressed by someone who crafted (and get many other goodies) to lvl up to 80 in the tutorial area.

The first guy to got lvl 20 in pre-searing spend months working on that. Many followed him and invested hours and hours and finally Anet reward them with the title (or screwed them). They did it without crafting/exp boost/better armor or weapons. Just what they had available in pre-searing.

Even getting the title with the new quests take many hours and days (I got it 5 times and each time took me like a month and just got it again like a month ago after 1 year) and of course, we didn’t have access to thing available in our storage.

So nope, not the same.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Darkobra.6439

So you’re saying in the history of GW1, NOBODY had access to their storage and got to level 20 that way? Because I remember that week.

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

And sure you remember the bans right?

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Darkobra.6439

Yeah, and the people that appealed against it and got unbanned. Nobody batted an eye at that. It was simply a publicity move to warn the entire player base. They should have stuck to their guns because now people are exploiting left, right and centre in GW2 with no repercussions.