Legendary Fail

Legendary Fail

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

So I was doing Claw of Jormag this morning, and at the end, we got a rather special linked weapon boast. It’s quite possibly the stupidest thing I’ve seen someone do in this game, but I thought I’d capture a screenshot for your delectation.
Anyone else have any other epic fails they’ve either perpetrated themselves or seen others “achieve”?

Attachments:

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Legendary Fail

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Please elaborate. I’m not legendary yet so I don’t really get what’s wrong here.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Legendary Fail

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

It’s a HoM skin transmuted on top of a legendary.
Only explanation I could see for it is that the guy didn’t like the look of bolt and wanted to have a weapon that will always have BiS stats when ascended weapons come out. Incredibly silly nonetheless.

Legendary Fail

Mungrul.9358

Yeah, Psybunny nailed it.

To be honest, talking to the guy, I suspect he was an earlier exploiter who had just returned to the game and had no real idea of how Legendaries work or are acquired. I think he probably outright bought Bolt, as his character had no star or “Been There, Done That” title.

Okay, maybe he’d done that stuff on another character, but other things he was initially saying screamed ignorance. He didn’t realise that Exotics currently have the same stats as Legendaries. He didn’t know that PVT stat weapons can be gained through dungeons or WvW and explicitly said “I don’t think those stat combos were available when I was playing”.

Gave me a proper good laugh. Guys who link already-acquired or transmuted gear after beating dragons deserve ridicule at the best of times, but this guy?
Oh he’s WINNING.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.

Legendary Fail

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

ps: if you know/understand how the link codes work you can create the link for every possible object, you don’t need to actually have it.

this guy was probably just trolling.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Legendary Fail

Mungrul.9358

Nah, he really wasn’t; I chatted to him for a while, and he actually had the FDS equipped.

Legendary Fail

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

It is also kind of funny for a firesword to be “of air”, but hey. Least it isn’t redundant and not a fiery sword of fire. I’m looking at you “berserkers spineguard of the berserker”!

Legendary Fail

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

huh. it looks like a red Jormag’s Breath. would be fun to duel-wield both
I’ve been wanting to loot claw’s chest, then link a BL chest (unlocked). should get some giggles from the crowd.

Legendary Fail

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

The whole legendary system is fail. Nothing legendary about constant mindless grinding…with no story or quest to back it up…or just buying it off the trade post.

Arenanet should not use the word legendary for these.

Legendary Fail

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It wouldn’t surprise me if some people had transmuted a different skin onto their legendary. It also wouldn’t surprise me if someone figured out the item codes and used it to ping things like this. Like the people who were pinging stacks of guild commendations in the first week of guild missions being added.

It is also kind of funny for a firesword to be “of air”, but hey. Least it isn’t redundant and not a fiery sword of fire. I’m looking at you “berserkers spineguard of the berserker”!

Kind of appropriate for a GW1 heritage item. The drop system in that game would randomly combine weapons and prefix/suffix upgrades so you could get a lot of either contradictory (“air staff of fire magic”) or redundant (“defensive protective staff of defense”) items.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Legendary Fail

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

That’s a legendary win, because all legendaries are quite ugly. Maybe except for the shield and 1h sword.

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Legendary Fail

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

That’s a legendary win, because all legendaries are quite ugly. Maybe except for the shield and 1h sword.

having in mind that legendaries have the same stats as exotics the only reason to get them is the skins. Now what’s the point of legendary if you transmute its skin?

Legendary Fail

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

That was/is the 1h “exception” sword transmutated.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Legendary Fail

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

While he’s being really silly, I still think that sword is Legendary in its own way

Legendary Fail

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

If I had the balls, I would probably do that to my sword or dagger. The reactions I would get when linking it…ha.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Legendary Fail

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

That…is so sad.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Legendary Fail

Posted by: Master Yi.6129

Master Yi.6129

At least give him props for having the balls to transmute his legendary only for the stats!

Legendary Fail

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

Only explanation I could see for it is that the guy didn’t like the look of bolt and wanted to have a weapon that will always have BiS stats when ascended weapons come out. Incredibly silly nonetheless.

Not silly at all. It was incredibly foolish for ArenaNet to base the value of Legendaries on their appearance – it’s very subjective.

Legendary Fail

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Not silly at all. It was incredibly foolish for ArenaNet to base the value of Legendaries on their appearance – it’s very subjective.

The value of a legendary is not just in its appearance. It also lies in whatever new particle effects, sound effects, animations, and other features the legendary in question might have. That has value and prestige, even if the legendary may not appeal to a particular person. In the future, when more legendaries are added, the greater number of options will appeal to additional subjective tastes, thereby increasing the value of the skin-based prestige system.

If the value of a legendary was based on stats, I would quit. The amount of grind required to obtain most legendaries is absurd – any significant statistical advantage placed on such a grind would have disastrous effects on the community and balance.