Legendary Grind lousy comp. to Fractal Skin

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Babayum.9204

Babayum.9204

Ever wondered how big the chance is to get the desired Skin out of ur daily chest? Well here are some numbers

1. Chance to get a Skin out of daily chest is 5% (not verified but general community Assumption is that the chance is at around 5% so we will work with this figure)

2. Assuming i want to get a specific Skin out of the daily chest, in my example ill use the Dagger Skin.

3. We have 19 available Skins so once ure lucky enough to get a random Skin you have a 5,2% chance to get the Skin you want.

0,05 (5% chance to get a skin) x 0,052 (5,2% chance to get desired skin if you get a Skin drop) = 0,0026

0,0026 = 0,26% Chance to get the desired Skin once u open ur daily chest.

Now let’s see how many dailys you have to do on average to get the Skin you want:

100 / 0,26 = 384

Yes, 384 Daily runs to get the skin you want on average.

Seriously A Net? This is the most riddicolous grind ever made. You want me to repeat the same content 384 times?? Do fractals daily for over a year. Considering it takes about 1h to finish a Maw run this is absurd.

Atleast give us a real chance.

Here’s a suggestion:

Mystic Forge Recipe:

1x Random Fractal Skin
30x Pristine Fractal Relics
1x Gift of Ascension
250x Orichalcum XXX (Insert “Swordblade” for example to get the Fractal Sword Skin)

(edited by Babayum.9204)

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Good news. Both grinds are optional. If you do them, it’s by choice, not necessity.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

Might want to note that here in the States, 3.846 means 3,846.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Oh god good thing I read this thread. I’d really be much better off trying to finish my Bolt instead of trying to get that fractal sword skin geez!

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Ever wondered how big the chance is to get the desired Skin out of ur daily chest? Well here are some numbers

1. Chance to get a Skin out of daily chest is 5% (not verified but general community Assumption is that the chance is at around 5% so we will work with this figure)

2. Assuming i want to get a specific Skin out of the daily chest, in my example ill use the Dagger Skin.

3. We have 19 available Skins so once ure lucky enough to get a random Skin you have a 5,2% chance to get the Skin you want.

0,05 (5% chance to get a skin) x 0,052 (5,2% chance to get desired skin if you get a Skin drop) = 0,0026

Now let’s see how many dailys you have to do on average to get the Skin you want:

100 / 0,26 = 384

Seriously A Net? This is the most riddicolous grind ever made. You want me to repeat the same content 384 times?? Considering it takes about 1h to finish a Maw run this is absurd.

Here’s a suggestion:

Mystic Forge Recipe:

1x Random Fractal Skin
1x Gift of Ascension
250x Orichalcum XXX (Insert “Swordblade” for example to get the Fractal Sword Skin)

I like your suggestion its a pain to get a weapon you cant use and its a true achievement to get a fractal weapon.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: bighaben.5890

bighaben.5890

Good news. Both grinds are optional. If you do them, it’s by choice, not necessity.

You know what? I hear this argument A LOT. In fact on just about anything that is in this games “endgame”. It’s optional so you don’t have to do it. But everything is like this, so what’s there left to do? NOTHING.

It’s a problem, your solution isn’t a solution. Anet has decided to add tremendous grinds to this game, and while their all optional it doesn’t prevent the absurd grinds in this game from being a determent to the game as a whole.

Everything should have a recipe associated with it, finding it would be an awesome bonus which is why the system in currents form is fine, but without being to actually craft it in anyway it becomes a MEGA grind. The fact you can’t get rid of them also makes it incredibly frustrating when you get stuff you don’t need and can’t do anything but salvage it.

VOLKON.1290

You know what? I hear this argument A LOT. In fact on just about anything that is in this games “endgame”. It’s optional so you don’t have to do it. But everything is like this, so what’s there left to do? NOTHING.

It’s a problem, your solution isn’t a solution. Anet has decided to add tremendous grinds to this game, and while their all optional it doesn’t prevent the absurd grinds in this game from being a determent to the game as a whole.

Everything should have a recipe associated with it, finding it would be an awesome bonus which is why the system in currents form is fine, but without being to actually craft it in anyway it becomes a MEGA grind. The fact you can’t get rid of them also makes it incredibly frustrating when you get stuff you don’t need and can’t do anything but salvage it.

You may have heard the argument, but you’ve never understood the argument. This isn’t one of those old-style MMOs where you need to keep up with the Jones in order to stay competitive. Exotics practically grow on trees, and actually greens and yellows are good enough for the vast majority of things to do. Ascended is fluff. Marginal stat increases gained by a dedicated time investment, nothing more, nothing less. You want the rings? Hey, Fractals or dailies are there. You want the skins from Fractals? Well, you have a chance to go for it if you wish. Yes, they’re tough to get… otherwise everyone would have them and people would be complaining about there being nothing left to grind for.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Jski.6180

Ok you cant say something optional and then call it a tremendous grind your contradicting yourself.

Babayum.9204

You may have heard the argument, but you’ve never understood the argument. This isn’t one of those old-style MMOs where you need to keep up with the Jones in order to stay competitive. Exotics practically grow on trees, and actually greens and yellows are good enough for the vast majority of things to do. Ascended is fluff. Marginal stat increases gained by a dedicated time investment, nothing more, nothing less. You want the rings? Hey, Fractals or dailies are there. You want the skins from Fractals? Well, you have a chance to go for it if you wish. Yes, they’re tough to get… otherwise everyone would have them and people would be complaining about there being nothing left to grind for.

Are you going for a specific skin? Or maybe have it already? I’m really curious.

Also, i’m not complaining that they should be handed out like hot cakes, they should be rare. But the RNG system is just bad design. You think spending 384 hours doing nothing but fractals is good game design? No, it’s demotivating.

Heres another Suggestion:

Mystic Forge Recipe:

1x Random Fractal Skin
1x Pristine Fractal Relic
1x Gift of Ascension
250x Globs of Ectopplasm

Result:

Another random fractal skin

VOLKON.1290

Are you going for a specific skin? Or maybe have it already? I’m really curious.

Also, i’m not complaining that they should be handed out like hot cakes, they should be rare. But the RNG system is just bad design. You think spending 384 hours doing nothing but fractals is good game design? No, it’s demotivating.

For me, right now, my choice of optional grind is to get rings and amulets across a few 80s while pondering heavily either the Fractals capacitor backpiece (Shiny!) for my mesmer or perhaps the quiver… I like how they both look. If I get a skin in Fractals, that’s bonus. Of course… I spend a lot of time in WvW as well, so that limits my PvE a bit.

#TeamJadeQuarry

bighaben.5890

Simply, once you have all the gear you need, IE in stats, there are only skins to go for. I’m fine with this system, but the skins are tremendous grinds, that at a certain point cease to be optional if you wish to keep playing the game with a goal in mind. If I want a cool skin I have to put a tremendous amount of effort into it. And in some cases it’s truly ridiculous. This wouldn’t even be half a problem if ascended gear wasn’t recently gated into ridiculous time grinds as well. Now it’s becomes less optional and more required. RNG is a fickle beast, I will admit that, and finding the right balance is going to be difficult. In some area’s in the game it’s just fine, but in others it’s truly stupid. I call it a flaw in the RNG system, but ANET seems set on using it so they better be able to figure it out soon. These Fractal weapons are a prime example of RNG gone to far.

Babayum.9204

100 / 0,26 = 384

Seriously A Net? This is the most riddicolous grind ever made. You want me to repeat the same content 384 times?? Considering it takes about 1h to finish a Maw run this is absurd.

Here’s a suggestion:

Mystic Forge Recipe:

1x Random Fractal Skin
1x Gift of Ascension

I like your suggestion its a pain to get a weapon you cant use and its a true achievement to get a fractal weapon.

How exactly is it an achievement?

Someone doing daily 20 the first time could be getting the skin he wants while u do dailiys for months if not 1+ year to get ur skin.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I’m actually happy some skins are hard to get.
And stop using “grind” inappropriately, especially when talking about cosmetic stuff, if you decide to grind a gamble it’s your problem.

VOLKON.1290

Simply, once you have all the gear you need, IE in stats, there are only skins to go for. I’m fine with this system, but the skins are tremendous grinds, that at a certain point cease to be optional if you wish to keep playing the game with a goal in mind. If I want a cool skin I have to put a tremendous amount of effort into it. And in some cases it’s truly ridiculous. This wouldn’t even be half a problem if ascended gear wasn’t recently gated into ridiculous time grinds as well. Now it’s becomes less optional and more required. RNG is a fickle beast, I will admit that, and finding the right balance is going to be difficult. In some area’s in the game it’s just fine, but in others it’s truly stupid. I call it a flaw in the RNG system, but ANET seems set on using it so they better be able to figure it out soon. These Fractal weapons are a prime example of RNG gone to far.

I play the game with a goal in mind. Having fun and kicking buttocks in WvW. No grind has become mandatory as of yet, and I choose to keep it that way. If I chose to grind out a particular Fractal skin, that grind would be necessary to reach that goal, this is true, but it would still remain optional. If I don’t get the skin I’m not restricted in ability or access to any part of the game whatsoever.

#TeamJadeQuarry

bighaben.5890

I play the game with a goal in mind. Having fun and kicking buttocks in WvW. No grind has become mandatory as of yet, and I choose to keep it that way. If I chose to grind out a particular Fractal skin, that grind would be necessary to reach that goal, this is true, but it would still remain optional. If I don’t get the skin I’m not restricted in ability or access to any part of the game whatsoever.

I also have a goal, I want to enjoy the game (which is doable) and have a bad kitten looking character. Unfortunately, I’ve exhausted all PvE content, and my character wants some awesome weapon skins that I’ll never be obtain without moving into a huge grind. So? Should I quit? Well, I don’t want, and I’m pretty sure ANET doesn’t want me to. But ANET does force people into this awkward position I’m in by having a lot of endgame skins locked behind very long and difficult grinds. PvP isn’t for anyone, and as a result I’m left with very little to do but to look at long grinds as being required.

Now, long grinds don’t have to be absent, Legendaries are fine, but I like to have goals set in front of me that I can see noticeable progress being made on. This isn’t present in a grind like the fractal weapons where it’s all random, or with precursors as another example.

VOLKON.1290

I also have a goal, I want to enjoy the game (which is doable) and have a bad kitten looking character. Unfortunately, I’ve exhausted all PvE content, and my character wants some awesome weapon skins that I’ll never be obtain without moving into a huge grind. So? Should I quit? Well, I don’t want, and I’m pretty sure ANET doesn’t want me to. But ANET does force people into this awkward position I’m in by having a lot of endgame skins locked behind very long and difficult grinds. PvP isn’t for anyone, and as a result I’m left with very little to do but to look at long grinds as being required.

Now, long grinds don’t have to be absent, Legendaries are fine, but I like to have goals set in front of me that I can see noticeable progress being made on. This isn’t present in a grind like the fractal weapons where it’s all random, or with precursors as another example.

So… it’s ok for there to be skins that are long grinds to work towards so long as they’re not the skins you want? That’s how this appears to be coming across. Legendary weapon skins – OK to have a long grind. You want Fractal skin – therefore not OK to have a long grind. You’re making the choice to go after something you know flat out is meant to be rare to get. The odds are small, meaning it’s possible you never get one (and of course possible you get one today). Now, you can kick up your odds, if I recall this correctly, by doing multiple dailies in Fractals (each ten levels is a different daily), but it is what it is… a rare drop meant to be a rare drop.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Babayum.9204

So… it’s ok for there to be skins that are long grinds to work towards so long as they’re not the skins you want? That’s how this appears to be coming across. Legendary weapon skins – OK to have a long grind. You want Fractal skin – therefore not OK to have a long grind. You’re making the choice to go after something you know flat out is meant to be rare to get. The odds are small, meaning it’s possible you never get one (and of course possible you get one today). Now, you can kick up your odds, if I recall this correctly, by doing multiple dailies in Fractals (each ten levels is a different daily), but it is what it is… a rare drop meant to be a rare drop.

So you think it is reasonable to let someone do the SAME content DAILY for over a year?

Now something to think for you, 384 dailys on AVERAGE that means it could take u well over 500+ up to 1k. I have done a bit under 100 dailys and i have not made any progression so far towards my goal because it’s all RNG. Someone could do 20+ daily for the first time and get something i have spent hours upon hours onto? You think that makes me feel like “Hell yea, gonna do fractal daily for the 101th time now maybe i get the skin i want !!!”

No.

I dont give a crap about long grinds (i have crafted Bolt FYI, atleast that grind offered some variety) but atleast make them progressive not this stupid “repeat this 1h content everyday for 300+ days untill the RNG gives u what you are working towards, or maybe not.”

No feeling of progression, so why bother?

Jski.6180

100 / 0,26 = 384

Here’s a suggestion:

Mystic Forge Recipe:

1x Random Fractal Skin
1x Gift of Ascension

Someone doing daily 20 the first time could be getting the skin he wants while u do dailiys for months if not 1+ year to get ur skin.

You still need high level fractal to get a “good” drop rate for them. High level fractals get very hard and take a lot of skill to make it to maw. The skin become an respective of an achievement.

VOLKON.1290

So you think it is reasonable to let someone do the SAME content DAILY for over a year?

• snip *

Yes. If they want to, yes I do think it’s reasonable to let someone do the same content daily for over a year if they wish.

Are you saying it’s not reasonable to let someone do the same content daily if they choose to?

#TeamJadeQuarry

Babayum.9204

100 / 0,26 = 384

Here’s a suggestion:

Mystic Forge Recipe:

1x Random Fractal Skin
1x Gift of Ascension

You still need high level fractal to get a “good” drop rate for them. High level fractals get very hard and take a lot of skill to make it to maw. The skin become an respective of an achievement.

You missed my point, they drop on lvl 20 which is very easy to complete. Which is in my opinion, not an achievement.

VOLKON.1290

100 / 0,26 = 384

Here’s a suggestion:

Mystic Forge Recipe:

1x Random Fractal Skin
1x Gift of Ascension

You missed my point, they drop on lvl 20 which is very easy to complete. Which is in my opinion, not an achievement.

You missed his. Get to level 40, do the daily three times a day if you wish. There, three chances a day.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Jski.6180

100 / 0,26 = 384

Here’s a suggestion:

Mystic Forge Recipe:

1x Random Fractal Skin
1x Gift of Ascension

You can but the odds are very bad ppl tend to get them more at 28 or 30+ thoughts are not easy to run where 40+ is more of a death spam.

Babayum.9204

100 / 0,26 = 384

Here’s a suggestion:

Mystic Forge Recipe:

1x Random Fractal Skin
1x Gift of Ascension

You missed his. Get to level 40, do the daily three times a day if you wish. There, three chances a day.

I’m at 40 and i know that you can do dailys several times a day, but that doesnt mean it feels any less progressive.

See the point is, i dont mind a long grind… i really dont. I have crafted a legendary which is a very long grind. The problem i have with fractal weapons is that you have no feeling of progression towards it, it’s not like “today i’m gonna do a bit of it and tomorrow i will be a bit closer to my goal”. It’s more like either get it or dont. Repeat untill you are lucky.

How does that motivate to continue grind it out?

Posted by: Aegis.9724

Aegis.9724

Not everything should be progression based.
They are skins, why you feel entitled to having them? It’s something that cannot be traded, purely luck based and that has no effect on the game.

Taking out all of the “wow!” moments from a game, turning it into a slow and grindy progress towards a goal you know exactly how much you’ll have to work for, is, to ME, BORING, and thats exactly why i dont go for legendaries.

If anything, i hope anet adds MORE of this kind of drops, in the same line as Final Rest, only not tradable.
So i can whisp someone i see running around with one “wow congrats mate, you’re very lucky, nice sword!” which i currently can’t do even with legendaries.

And no, i have no fractal skins and run fractals every day. And every single day, at that chest, i hold my breath for 5 seconds, heart pumping – and when i don’t get anything (always) i look forward for the next day run.

Babayum.9204

Not everything should be progression based.
They are skins, why you feel entitled to having them? It’s something that cannot be traded, purely luck based and that has no effect on the game.

Taking out all of the “wow!” moments from a game, turning it into a slow and grindy progress towards a goal you know exactly how much you’ll have to work for, is, to ME, BORING, and thats exactly why i dont go for legendaries.

If anything, i hope anet adds MORE of this kind of drops, in the same line as Final Rest, only not tradable.
So i can whisp someone i see running around with one “wow congrats mate, you’re very lucky, nice sword!” which i currently can’t do even with legendaries.

And no, i have no fractal skins and run fractals every day. And every single day, at that chest, i hold my breath for 5 seconds, heart pumping – and when i don’t get anything (always) i look forward for the next day run.

Cool for you and i really mean that. Come back to me when you’ve experienced that (rewarding) moment for the 100th time, mate.

VOLKON.1290

I’m at 40 and i know that you can do dailys several times a day, but that doesnt mean it feels any less progressive.

See the point is, i dont mind a long grind… i really dont. I have crafted a legendary which is a very long grind. The problem i have with fractal weapons is that you have no feeling of progression towards it, it’s not like “today i’m gonna do a bit of it and tomorrow i will be a bit closer to my goal”. It’s more like either get it or dont. Repeat untill you are lucky.

How does that motivate to continue grind it out?

To be fair here, it’s a drop, not a crafted item. Drops drop when they drop. Crafted items are crafted when you have the materials to craft them with. The motivation is/ should be “how bad do you want it”. If you want it, you go for it (and make a lot of money along the way from loot).

There’s pretty much something for everyone here. Some things you can get through dailies. Some things are rare drops, a shot in the dark. Some are long, time consuming crafts requiring multiple things to be completed to achieve.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Revolution.6301

Revolution.6301

You know what I’m calling a logical fallacy on every person who uses this NON-SENSICAL argument.

We know you love your grind but this is to people who have work and life other then this game. If you want to bash this comment you can but don’t use this same argument.

No its not realisitc and thats his point. If you just want to attack the op just for the sake of it there are other forums to do so.

Revolution.6301

• snip *

Yes. If they want to, yes I do think it’s reasonable to let someone do the same content daily for over a year if they wish.

Are you saying it’s not reasonable to let someone do the same content daily if they choose to?

Look clearly you enjoy grinding which is fine But GuildWars 2 isn’t set up like WoW. A reward for a skin should require grind but not a grind that will seem like it will take lightyears to complete.

Posted by: Dumah.9612

Dumah.9612

I guess I’m extremely lucky. I have 15 fractal weapons (see attached screen) that are currently equipped across my 3 level 80’s (War, Guard, Thief). I’ve been doing fractals since mid January and got to 43 sometime in late February. I’m now doing 3 dailies per day on my warrior. A guild member asked me how many I had and was shocked. He is now on fractal 49 and has only found 2 weapons.

Attachments:

VOLKON.1290

• snip *

Look clearly you enjoy grinding which is fine But GuildWars 2 isn’t set up like WoW. A reward for a skin should require grind but not a grind that will seem like it will take lightyears to complete.

Lightyears is a measure of distance, btw. The grind for rare items is optional. How could that possibly be an issue or even remotely resemble a WoW-style treadmill game?

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

You know what I’m calling a logical fallacy on every person who uses this NON-SENSICAL argument.

We know you love your grind but this is to people who have work and life other then this game. If you want to bash this comment you can but don’t use this same argument.

No its not realisitc and thats his point. If you just want to attack the op just for the sake of it there are other forums to do so.

It doesn’t lack sense – though I give you props for the persistent and devout subscription to this rhetoric and the manner which you present it.

The choice to grind, play, or whatever you do after log in is in fact the players’ to make.
The choice of goal within the game is also the players’ to make, Anet just made some suggestions in the game design.

But we digress – perhaps a thread where the point is evaluated for its own merit, rather than trying to stuff it into every thread possible, ought be raised?

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

This isn’t really the way statistics work though. Because a lot of people will have gotten it much sooner, and there’s no guarantee you’ll get it even if you do it for a year. You could also get that skin on day 1 and be done. It’s just not that simple.

Guild Wars 1 also had very rare skins you could farm for. And you might never get one. I can’t tell you how much I did Bogroots Growth but never got a Frog Scepter. But it didn’t matter, because I enjoyed the dungeon. If I didn’t enjoy it, I wouldn’t have done it.

You don’t need that skin, because there’s nothing in the game that requires you to have it. Sure it would be nice if you have it, but there are other skins.

You make your own end game. If you want it, you try for it. If there’s no guarantee you get it, then change your end game. There are lots of dagger skins in this game.

It’s still easier to get than a legendary.

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

I don’t see a problem with this, primarily because it’s horizontal progression. Yes, it’s a massive grind, but it doesn’t grant you so much as one lick of power more than any other exotic.

It’s why I also don’t have a problem with the grind for “legendaries”, though I do think that the grind absolutely should be complemented with an actual story and some skill challenges in between.

Ascended are the only grind that I have a legitimate problem with, on the grounds that it’s a symbol of vertical progression (something even the devs admit) and that it’s apparently only the first of many future jumps in power.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

RNG determines how difficult a legendary is to get. Nothing else.
OP can run fractals for more than a year and not get the skin. Someone else can dump 4 rares into the forge and get a precursor on first attempt. The rest of the mats (with the exception of specific types of lodestones) can be obtained in a matter of weeks.

Which is more ‘difficult’?

thisolderhead.5127

RNG determines how difficult a legendary is to get. Nothing else.
OP can run fractals for more than a year and not get the skin. Someone else can dump 4 rares into the forge and get a precursor on first attempt. The rest of the mats (with the exception of specific types of lodestones) can be obtained in a matter of weeks.

Which is more ‘difficult’?

Actually one can just dump cash into RMT and circumvent all the pain involved in a Legendary – I’ll use my credit card.

Its a good example of how you can get similar outcomes playing the game different ways, like one might expect of a player who runs with mates for three hours a night compared to a player who solo grinds for eight hours per day – both get a prize!

Please try again.

Revolution.6301

It doesn’t lack sense – though I give you props for the persistent and devout subscription to this rhetoric and the manner which you present it.

The choice to grind, play, or whatever you do after log in is in fact the players’ to make.
The choice of goal within the game is also the players’ to make, Anet just made some suggestions in the game design.

But we digress – perhaps a thread where the point is evaluated for its own merit, rather than trying to stuff it into every thread possible, ought be raised?

Yeah it is when people such as yourself have only this one argument to use. If you only have one and only one argument at all times I guess your right there is no fallacy but a really weak argument.

thisolderhead.5127

Keep it civil mate, you repeating yourself doesn’t provide additonal support for what you are calling a “logical fallacy” – if it is truly a logical fallacy provide me the equation proof mate, all pretty easy stuff when you know your stuff.

Also – what single weak argument do you refer to?

Please try again.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Ascended stuff having better stats than exotic is still an issue for me. No amount of “it isn’t necessary” or “it hardly makes any difference” isn’t gonna cut it. Those kinds reasoning are just rationalizations. It’s a poor excuse for underachieving. But as far as skin goes, so far, getting those fractal skins is the very definition of grindy. Am I ok with that? Sure, but I’d still rather have people just get the things they want in ways that assures their reward in proportion to their effort. RNG will always be a bad idea.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Actually one can just dump cash into RMT and circumvent all the pain involved in a Legendary – I’ll use my credit card.

I’ve never considered RMT as an option vs playing the game. But point taken.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

There are already a multitude of skins that require grinds that have some sort of progressive approach to them (dungeon skins for that matter). They made the fractals with the super hardcore people in mind so it shouldn’t be surprising that this is how they decide to approach the fractal skins.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Revolution.6301

Keep it civil mate, you repeating yourself doesn’t provide additonal support for what you are calling a “logical fallacy” – if it is truly a logical fallacy provide me the equation proof mate, all pretty easy stuff when you know your stuff.

The argument that its a choice. That one, the one that everyone one you is enjoying the grind is using.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

The argument that its a choice. That one, the one that everyone one you is enjoying the grind is using.

so… its not really a choice?

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

thisolderhead.5127

Mate – I’m not a fan of deeply grindy games, your “logical fallacy” just hasn’t been proven or evidenced well… and you actually might be able to if you backed up and tried.

You seem to be trying to say that by entering into the game you lose the capacity to undertake activities under your own free will, and instead get stuck repeating the same instance/whatever until logout. That failing to make goals that push one towards grinds is failing to play the game (correctly).

Start a thread mate – its got little to do with which weapon is cooler.

Please try again.

thisolderhead.5127

so… its not really a choice?

I discovered today a strange verse in a dead sea scroll that both confirms pre-destination and predicts the coming of GW2.

Please try again.

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

What if I want to do it for 8 characters? Whats my timeframe here?

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Oh god good thing I read this thread. I’d really be much better off trying to finish my Bolt instead of trying to get that fractal sword skin geez!

Sadly I have 2 fractal swords… but no fractal dagger, which is what I want most.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic