Legendary Longbow is lame...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nienow.1705

Nienow.1705

I don’t like Kudzu and I would probably never craft it, but I don’t think it is lame, it is a serious weapon just with a different design, lame on The Dreamer though.

Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

The real problem with legendary weapons is there are some that are “serious” and some that aren’t.

You can’t really consider the pistol, shortbow or mace “serious” weapons that don’t break immersion and fit in with the universe. You just can’t.

Why didn’t they give us more alternatives?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I just wish barrage shot flowers too…roses to be specific. I shall rain down thorny death upon my enemies!

I love my kudzu, they’ve tried fixing the bowstring, but it is still a bit off. If they changed the color of it from black to a shimmery gold I think it would look better.

And it’s now one of two with 3D footfalls (Eternity has them now too with the little poofies above the footfalls).

And my sylvari’s glow matches the pulsing glow of the bow so it’s win win for me.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

The legendary longbow “Kudzu” (bow that shoots flowers) is lame.

stop complaining or developers change longbow to shoot justin beiber instead

I would pay to shoot that. Not as a projectile, just for him to appear in front of every target before the arrow would land between the eyes.

I would buy gems in a hurry and arm myself just to Rapid Fire on people in WvW.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

The legendary longbow “Kudzu” (bow that shoots flowers) is lame.

stop complaining or developers change longbow to shoot justin beiber instead

I would pay to shoot that. Not as a projectile, just for him to appear in front of every target before the arrow would land between the eyes.

I would buy gems in a hurry and arm myself just to Rapid Fire on people in WvW.

I gotta admit, I would buy that. All of my gripes about blowing in the face of the artstyle tend to fall by the wayside when something’s just plain funny enough to not care.

This…I would make a ranger just to make the Bieber Cannon and use it exclusively. On errbody. Every day.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

People just now realizing that legendarys look like crap? The greatswords look like panitbrushes…

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Kudzu is beautiful, however…

A) the “flower trail” left by footprints really need to be more flower-y and less (gross) green color

B) for ALL legendary weapons, there should be a way to turn OFF footprints if desired

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Only legendary I like is the Predator. Bolt’s lightning effects are nice but the sword’s model itself is horrendous – I’d rather go for Infinite Light instead. Meteorologicus is just bulky, and doesn’t quite have the same feel as Immobulus. Kudzu isn’t bad, but Wings of Dwayna is nicer.

All of these appearance things are opinions though which vary from person to person, but most of the skins worth having to me tend not to be legendaries – and only some of them are expensive. See the Princess Wand for one of the nicest scepters in the game that only costs a few coppers.

Greatswords are horribly ugly. I’d put in the necessary work if the end result was Marjory’s Everliving Blade, but sadly that’s still made from unobtainium at the moment.

(edited by Hayashi.3416)

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

A weapon isn’t Legendary unless it is capable of producing mouth foaming irritation in some people.

You’re confusing Legendaries with Precursors.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

What I don’t like about a few of the “omg leggies suck I want real weapons” folks is that they are the gw2 equivalent of a crazed vegan activist. They walk up to you quietly talking about meat/leggies you want to do and they’re like… you know what I mean. I’m sure everyone knows at least one person like that. Thankfully they aren’t the majority…

In this analogy I consider myself that vegan who wishes the steakhouse would have an option of some bean based meal without being cooked in bacon grease so I could go out and have a good time with my friends without feeling awkward and alienated.

Everyone who loves legendaries… keep on collecting them, great that you all have stuff you love, I just personally am not all that in to shinies

I just want another GS that looks a bit more realistic, there are a couple good ones, but they’re all very dull. Krytan is great, Ceremonial isn’t bad, but if I could get one like the picture below I’d be so happy.

yes that’s Narsil, LoTR did a very good job on their costumes, very elegant looking, form with function

Attachments:

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Belinda’s Greatsword, Ascalonian Greatsword, Cobalt – of which Cobalt is the closest match.

It also lights up dark areas as a bonus.

Or if you hate the fire, take Ebonblade, which is cobalt plus gold minus fire.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Belinda’s Greatsword, Ascalonian Greatsword, Cobalt – of which Cobalt is the closest match.

It also lights up dark areas as a bonus.

Or if you hate the fire, take Ebonblade, which is cobalt plus gold minus fire.

True, why do I always forget about Ebonblade, it’s great too.

Ascalonian is a bit rediculous at the hilt but solid, Belinda’s is too cultural to fit with many looks, if I have a roman looking guy carrying that.

I still want a more traditional European Greatsword. Kymswarden is close as well, thought the hilt is too wide and then the thin connection just throws it off.

Maybe I’m just too picky…

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

I just wish barrage shot flowers too…roses to be specific. I shall rain down thorny death upon my enemies!

Actually…this would be very cool. I don’t have Kudzu or plan on making it, but I’d be tickled to see this happening from other players.

Compared to the predator yeh, its pretty kitten lame.

QFT, but -

B) for ALL legendary weapons, there should be a way to turn OFF footprints if desired

This is my only complaint about legendaries in general. I’d love to be able to choose when I want the footprints / sounds / projectile effects visible. I play a lot of PvP and WvW, and I usually use a different rifle outside of hotjoin. The loud noises both from the rifle skills themselves and from grenade barrage make me feel easier to dodge. Sometimes the noise from grenade barrage happens early in the animation and sometimes late (not sure if this is clientside lag or not). When it happens early and someone I haven’t netted that isn’t at all focused on me dodges out of the way, I can’t help but wonder if they wouldn’t have, save for the LOUD NOISES. Don’t get me wrong, I love loud noises, just not so much in PvP! Popgun in PvP, or Annelid rifle because Annelid is so ridiculous! I spent 9 months making the Predator though, I’d love to silently use it in PvP and not have to change.

Little OT, sorry. ;__;

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

All the Legendaries are dumb. None of them are great for a variety of reasons.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

The legendary longbow “Kudzu” (bow that shoots flowers) is lame. I was really excited about crafting a legendary weapon until I saw what it looks like and what it does. A bow that looks like a plant with flowers, that shoots flowers? Maybe fine for some but definitely not all. You offer 3 greatswords but only one lame longbow. This is a real bummer.

I’m with you mate.
Legendary Longbow looks like a joke. It is not looks sexy (you know what I mean) – no dangerous, not brutal, nothing. Just pew-pew flowers.
Maybe girls will like but… But try to imagine male character with that bow – meeeeeeh ><
Just compare the view of Twilight greatsword and Kudzu longbow.

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

The legendary longbow “Kudzu” (bow that shoots flowers) is lame. I was really excited about crafting a legendary weapon until I saw what it looks like and what it does. A bow that looks like a plant with flowers, that shoots flowers? Maybe fine for some but definitely not all. You offer 3 greatswords but only one lame longbow. This is a real bummer.

As you identify in your own post, everyone has different tastes (“Maybe fine for some but definitely not all”). I personally like the look as do many others. Did you feel the need to publicly complain about this because you expect ANet to consult with you personally on all their weapon designs before putting them in the game?

The only point that you make of any merit is that it would be nice to have a wider range of legendary skins to choose from. However, you do realize that ANet has empowered players to change the skins on weapons so if you don’t like the one it comes with you can simply change it, yes? You can even earn the necessary transmutation stone within the game so you don’t even have to pay for it! I know of no other MMO that does this much to accommodate for player tastes and yet people still find something to QQ about >.<

So what’s the problem? Oh right…..the forum is for QQ and trolls only. My bad.

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

What’s wrong with shooting flowers? I find it quite beautiful~ like a legendary should be, beautiful.
Only legendary I have a problem with is the Dreamer, which is a 1980’s misconception of what seems to be a “rainbow unicorn” which most people seem to think all unicorns are rainbow horses with a horn- if it were based on the more ancient lore around the unicorn, which was a white untamable beast that never died & was only reborn over & over again then it’d be pretty awesome & not some Troll-Bow.

(edited by Chasind.3128)

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

There are four legendaries that are manly….. and the rest are all rainbows and glitter.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Everyone loves a sparkle pony……

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

>opinions

Personally, I like Kudzu the most out of all legendaries. It’s not too strong on the effects, the sound is beautiful, the flower trail as well and it looks really nice.
Granted, it is obviously designed for the Ranger and I’m using it on mine, but still.

I rather have a ‘problem’ with the silly-as-kitten legendaries like Quip, The Moot or The Dreamer. The sounds are annoying, it doesn’t fit the game at all and the effects are way too strong.

I think generally it’s just a problem of consistency and choice. Obviously some weapons were designed with classes in mind (Kudzu, Howler, Frenzy – Ranger, The Minstrel – Mesmer, Flameseeker Prophecies – Guardian, Frostfang – Necro (?)), while others are just all over the place and don’t fit the game, I find.

Then why do we have 3 legendary GS that are still basically the same, and only one of every other weapon?

I feel like this is something that keeps quite a few people playing in terms of long-term motivation, as well as something that probably isn’t that hard to add (give the designers some work!), yet feels lackluster for a long time now.

I’ve crafted Kudzu and now Incinerator and that’s about it for legendaries I find appealing. Just some more skins with different tone (maybe an at least halfway serious shortbow or pistol?) would be pretty sweet. 3 of the 4 gifts for legendaries are always the same anyway. Though new ones would probably inflate the T6 prices even more.

TL;DR: Kudzu best legendary.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I’d like to see Arenanet dedicate some of it’s devs to improving current legendaries as well as creating new ones, to the level of being able to present the playerbase with an improved model or a new model every single patch. Even if it’s a bug fix or a minor tweak, I’d challenge them to have something new for players in each new post of patch notes explaining what was done to improve one or more legendary weapons.
For a product that seems to be central to a game that is so focused on cosmetics, they are ignoring them completely. It’s as if they don’t have the knowledge on how to actually deal with them, and don’t care to pay the money to get the knowledge on what to do.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

“Stop liking things I don’t like” etc.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

I’d love to have some choices legendaries that look like actual functional weapons rather than door swords and party favors. I know, I’m crazy that way.

Hell, I’m struggling to find a regular longbow skin that isn’t as plain as the starter ones but still looks like it could fufill its function. A bit elegant, you know?

Neural.1824

I’d love to have some choices legendaries that look like actual functional weapons rather than door swords and party favors. I know, I’m crazy that way.

Hell, I’m struggling to find a regular longbow skin that isn’t as plain as the starter ones but still looks like it could fufill its function. A bit elegant, you know?

My favorite longbow skins is the Zodiac longbow. If you haven’t seen it already you might check that one out.

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

I think it brings flavor to the game. I mean its fun to kill someone by throwing flowers and unicorn at their face. well maybe not unicorn e.e’.

I made the brony bow because I didn’t know I was going to get more precursors… Now I just keep the same skin to use in wvw to keel with a brony bow. If I can I’ll just sit there and shoot unicorns into their dead corpse for effect.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

My favorite longbow skins is the Zodiac longbow. If you haven’t seen it already you might check that one out.

Its not bad, but I could do without the birds, if I’m looking at the one you are referring to. I’m more for something like…I dunno…a little more decorative version or Eir’s longbow?

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Try corrupred then.

Neural.1824

Its not bad, but I could do without the birds, if I’m looking at the one you are referring to. I’m more for something like…I dunno…a little more decorative version or Eir’s longbow?

hmm. maybe the Aureate? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aureate_Longbow

Last resort, hit the bank and click on the wardrobe tab. you can preview every longbow available through that pane. Takes a while, but it might help you get what you are after

Posted by: Eirdyne.9843

Eirdyne.9843

I feel the bow is wonderful. The problem is that there is absolutely no armor aesthetics that work with it. It would have been a great longbow in true classical MMOs. Everquest 1 certainly would have had aesthetics that featured things like this bow. Dark Age of Camelot (upon which Guild Wars 2 was partially modeled) did have a bow like this and aesthetics like it. The issue is that Guild Wars 2 only introduces new equipment from the gem store. The gem store equipment doesn’t look anything like part of the universe within which it takes part largely. So, we have these incredible things, but no partnership in their aesthetic to the wider universe within which they are a part.

As to whether or not the weapon should be part of the game, I feel that it should be. It works just fine.

What the game needs is multiple items of the same time which are part of an aesthetic within the encountered aesthetics across the game.

Aesthetics would be Norn armor looks Norn. It looks Norn because the same colors, geometries, and coordination of features went into that type of artistic experience. The Developers have not expanded on sylvari weapons at all in the game. We have only seen skin recoloring. This bow fits into that category and only that category, but that category looks like plastic toys.

These are the problems.

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

First time I made it. Sold!

Second time.. Equipped… Love…

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Personally I find The Flamseeker the only one worth having. I’m probably about half way through getting everything for it. Still have to get the chosen and Ice runic stones. So that’s gonna be fun.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Was my favourite long time .. until i got Kudzu ^^

Attachments:

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.