Legendary Medium Armor is disappointing..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vian.3857

Vian.3857

Wanted to spark a bit of QQ.
Nothing else to add really, Brazil did a good video regarding legendary armor.
The whole “silhouette” argument is a joke when you have outfits.
Nothing but excuses to validate Anets poor choices when it comes to medium armor.
Got the chest piece to see for myself and wow….what a letdown, my slyvari has a bra for some reason will be transmuting that crap.

Heavy looks pretty cool tho!

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

But, but .. how could you not love this armour???
Just look how it magically transforms from a non-skirt effect trench coat for Sylvari men to a full-skirt effect on all races.

Attachments:

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I really like the legendary medium armor.

Sadly I don’t play any medium armor classes.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Posted by: DakotaCoty.5721

DakotaCoty.5721

The legendary armor has countless threads on this forums, reddit, map chat discussions, Discord discussions about how much of a disappointment it is.

A large portion of the community vocalised that they are sick of trench coats / puffy skirt outfits and we get one as legendary armor.

This troll attempt is not funny, and the constant ignoring / merging / unrecognition from the team is truly disappointing – most, if not all, people I raid with have transmutated their legendary armor.

Yet, I come across Light wearers and they can’t get enough of their legendary armor – synergised dye nodes, perfect transformation, no bs.

[CG {EU} – Leader] Leading farm guild~193 cRanger~
https://www.twitch.tv/dakotacoty
https://www.facebook.com/RealDakotaCoty/

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Heavy is kitten, light is decent, medium as always gets the short end of the stick

Posted by: DakotaCoty.5721

DakotaCoty.5721

Heavy is kitten, light is decent, medium as always gets the short end of the stick

But the hundreds of messages from the players who have made the armor, simply isn’t enough.

[CG {EU} – Leader] Leading farm guild~193 cRanger~
https://www.twitch.tv/dakotacoty
https://www.facebook.com/RealDakotaCoty/

Posted by: VanHalenRules.5243

VanHalenRules.5243

Yeah that legendary armor looks pretty bad… But so do most skins/outfits in the game.

http://imgur.com/a/e3GAq

Btw, is “kitten” really a thing in this game? o.0

Altered Tuner, Hockey Defender (CD server)

Posted by: DINAMIT.3018

DINAMIT.3018

Hi all!
Anyone can tell me why a?cended sublime WvW Armor have more powerfull visual effects then legendary raid armor?
Legendary Raid Armor- Huge time and gold investment – Powerful visual effect only at the time of entering the battle, then a fairly regular armor, in no way emphasizing the resources that are required for it.

Ascended sublime WvW Armor - only huge time investment – A powerful visual effect only during the entry into the battle and all subsequent time, emphasizes the time that it was invested

My opinion: either the legendary armor must keep the effect of the transformation all the time in battle (for example, the red wyvern wings of the medium armor)
Or at WvW armor blue tentacles after some time should disappear

PS: Good points from Brazil about legendary armor and it’s quality

(edited by DINAMIT.3018)

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I don’t know how you can say that has stronger visuals when its just a slight trail from the chest.

Contrast that with legendary and its massive explosion on transformation, which you can make happen on command mind you.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I doubt I’d appreciate the wings behind my character during fiights…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

all of the legendary armors are ugly, it’s as if, when you go for ascended and higher they only get uglier.

Posted by: Sister Saxifrage.7361

Sister Saxifrage.7361

Parts of the Illustrious skins look kind of nice – the very ornate detailing can be an interesting substitute for a plainer piece in an ensemble. I’m not at all interested in a whole Illustrious armor set on any character though.

The leg medium looks enough like the humble Arah dungeon token set that I frequently get confused by very old NPCs wearing the latter.

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

I’m just sad that this is what took them so long to make. Another trench coat. We know they love warriors and all… but come on.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.