Legendary Recipe Adjustments

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

A Message from Matt Pennebaker

Hello Legendary Crafters!

I wanted to give you all a heads up about an upcoming change. We discovered a bug in the crafting recipes for the new legendary weapons Eureka and Shooshadoo. One of them used a Visionary Crystal and one used a Legendary Inscription to craft the third tier precursor. Neither was wrong but it was actually intended that both items be used in the crafting process. To resolve this, when the next legendary weapon is released, it and all weapons going forward will use a new item, the Visionary Inscription, in their third tier precursors. The Visionary Inscription is crafted from a Visionary Crystal and a Legendary Inscription. In addition, we will adjust the recipe for Eureka’s and Shooshadoo’s third tier precursors to use this new item in order to maintain consistency between all of the recipes. If you are working on Eureka or Shooshadoo now, you will have until the next weapon is released to craft it using the current recipe.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Casiell.9081

Casiell.9081

Any info on when and what the next weapon will be? Or at least will my mesmer like it?

Posted by: Edgar Doiron.2804

Edgar Doiron.2804

Any info on when and what the next weapon will be? Or at least will my mesmer like it?

Next week maybe?

Forgeman Destroyers [FORD] – Sorrows furnace

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

whats next set?

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Sceptre or dagger hopefully! Something really necro-ish.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

That should be Vision Crystal not Visionary Crystal.

The change for Shooshadoo is +63,000 karma and +2g25s

The change for Eureka is +78g …

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I can guarantee these things:

• We won’t get a second warning.
  • Whether it happens this Tuesday or in August, some people will be annoyed about it (and some of those will rant about it here).
  • Six months after the change, someone will necro one of the original threads and someone else will start a new thread about the unfairness of it (perhaps both in the same week).

Therefore, I recommend that if you are at all interested in either legendary, you finish Tier 3 ASAP. Don’t wait, don’t put off for tomorrow or next week. Or, resign yourself to a certain amount of frustration.

To be clear: I have no problem with ANet’s plans to adjust the recipes to be consistent. I just hope they (and we) are ready for the reactions (reasonable or otherwise) to the change.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

Longbow or Dagger please!!!

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

Khisanth.2948

• Whether it happens this Tuesday or in August, some people will be annoyed about it (and some of those will rant about it here).
  • Six months after the change, someone will necro one of the original threads and someone else will start a new thread about the unfairness of it (perhaps both in the same week).

Therefore, I recommend that if you are at all interested in either legendary, you finish Tier 3 ASAP. Don’t wait, don’t put off for tomorrow or next week. Or, resign yourself to a certain amount of frustration.

To be clear: I have no problem with ANet’s plans to adjust the recipes to be consistent. I just hope they (and we) are ready for the reactions (reasonable or otherwise) to the change.

and the complains will be about Shooshadoo which has a much cheaper change

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Can we get longbow next pretty please <3

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

what ? no it’s the opposite , i know because i have crafted Eureka

Current :
Eureka – Vision Crystal
shooso- Legendary Inscription

Future = Eureka/shooso – Vision Crystal +Legendary Inscription = Visionary Inscription

see by yourself :
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endeavor
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Friendship

(edited by Farming Flats.5370)

Khisanth.2948

Current :
Eureka – Visionary Crystal

Future = Eureka/shooso – Visionary Crystal+Legendary Inscription

see by yourself :

63,000 karma is worth more than 75g to you?

Farming Flats.5370

Current :
Eureka – Visionary Crystal

Future = Eureka/shooso – Visionary Crystal+Legendary Inscription

see by yourself :

63,000 karma is worth more than 75g to you?

all i see is the 10 Elonian Leather Square in the Legendary Inscription .. so it make the vision crystal a joke.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

That should be Vision Crystal not Visionary Crystal.

The change for Shooshadoo is +63,000 karma and +2g25s

The change for Eureka is +78g …

Some calculations:

63k karma is ~4g 41s (it’s about 7s per 1000 karma if you use the heart vendors to buy cloth gloves, other methods give more value to karma but are a bit harder to do and require other materials)

So Shoo is +7g and Eureka is +78g (it’s actually +88g if you buy everything from the TP directly without buy orders)

Of course getting 63k karma is harder than getting 4g, 4g takes 2 days finishing the daily, 63k karma might take a while.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Thanks so much for letting us know like this Gaile, it’s great that you’ve given people advanced warning about this and thus time to finish the legendaries.

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Current :
Eureka – Vision Crystal

Future = Eureka/shooso – Vision Crystal +Legendary Inscription = Visionary Inscription

see by yourself :

I’m pretty sure he’s being sarcastic there.

Farming Flats.5370

Current :
Eureka – Vision Crystal

see by yourself :

I’m pretty sure he’s being sarcastic there.

Exactly , 63k karma or 78G , it’s just bread crumbs.

Just stop your fashion show for a few days and you get your 78g
Present yourself 5 times or so at Tequalt and you’ll get your 63K

It amaze me on how this community react .. i mean when there is no more peanut butter to put on my toasts (/shrug) , i pick something else but when it happen in the GW2 community it a freaking heart attack and nothing else goes.

So they announced this change today because they knew The ’’neverhappyfolks’’ guild knocks on the door every time. On the other hand , they didn’t have a choice because the ’’neverhappyfolks’’ will accuse them for doing stealth changes. If you put both weapons in perspective , this change have no significant impact in the process of making them. It’s just bread crumbs.

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Looking forward to longbow and greatsword 2.0.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

I wanted to give you all a heads up about an upcoming change. We discovered a bug in the crafting recipes for the new legendary weapons Eureka and Shooshadoo. One of them used a Visionary Crystal and one used a Legendary Inscription to craft the third tier precursor. Neither was wrong but it was actually intended that both items be used in the crafting process. To resolve this, when the next legendary weapon is released, it and all weapons going forward will use a new item, the Visionary Inscription, in their third tier precursors. The Visionary Inscription is crafted from a Visionary Crystal and a Legendary Inscription. In addition, we will adjust the recipe for Eureka’s and Shooshadoo’s third tier precursors to use this new item in order to maintain consistency between all of the recipes. If you are working on Eureka or Shooshadoo now, you will have until the next weapon is released to craft it using the current recipe.

So, a bug caused a reward to be obtainable in an unintended way, the classic definition you use for the word ‘exploit’ and you tell people NEVER to make use of an exploit for personal advantage, and you usually remove people’s ‘ill-gotten gains’ whether or not they do it knowingly .. so tell me, why are you now condoning people EXPLOITING a bug for personal advantage nor are you removing the rewards so obtained?

(edited by Kraggy.4169)

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

So, a bug caused a reward to be obtainable in an unintended way, the classic definition you use for the word ‘exploit’ and you tell people NEVER to make use of an exploit for personal advantage, and you usually remove people’s ‘ill-gotten gains’ whether or not they do it knowingly .. so tell me, why are you now condoning people EXPLOITING a bug for personal advantage nor are you removing the rewards so obtained?

Because in the long run, the few people that will be able to take advantage of this will not at that much of an advantage over those that don’t.

People can’t make multiple of those legendary weapons due to the account bound on acquire nature of the precursor and only being able to make one of them. So there is no financial gain from people being able to make multiple of them to sell later on after the change.

They typically don’t punish players who use an exploit once. Because until you stumble into it, you don’t know it is an exploit. They typically only punish the players who start behaving like they know it’s an exploit but do it anyway.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It’s not an exploit. Note the “neither was wrong” part of the quote. ANet just meant for both to be needed for the recipes, they left something out, they’re altering the recipes to match the design they wanted, and they are kindly letting people know that they are making the recipes more expensive in the near future in case they want to push production under the current design so as to save on the upcoming price hike.

Nor did this error on ANet’s part in the released version mean that players were somehow making legendaries with ease for free; it’s a relatively minor tweak when you consider the overall costs.

Posted by: Fleabite.7528

Fleabite.7528

Missed this until now and had been slowly crafting Friendship. The recipe has now changed (fine with that) and I have both the Legendary Inscription and the Vision Crystal, ready to craft the Visionary Inscription.

BUT there’s no such recipe for the Visionary Crystal on my relevant characters – nor can I buy it from either the legendary vendors or from Miyani.

So what do I need to do? Buy the Friendship recipe a second time? Or am I missing a recipe vendor for the Visionary Crystal somewhere?

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

Have you bought the recipe for Friendship/have the mastery level? Should just be when you go to craft Friendship the Visionary Inscription is one of the pieces you need. From a Vision Crystal and Legendary Inscription.

Fleabite.7528

Yup I already had the Friendship recipe (which is now changed) and have the relevant mastery levels.

On the Friendship recipe itself it offers up Visionary Inscription as one of the four components – but it’s not clickable or actionable (I only know the VI recipe from GW2 wiki.)

So it tells me I need this new component – but I’ve no way of being able to make it despite having mats.

Fleabite.7528

OK, sorted it. Hobbs now offers a free recipe (called Legendary Inscription) which actually enables Visionary Inscription. Confusing as heck.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Pls tell me the sword will be a “serious” looking weapon or at least not a toothpick i’d greatly appriciate that

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Pls tell me the sword will be a “serious” looking weapon or at least not a toothpick i’d greatly appriciate that

I think ANet people felt a little upset that the ship-gun was seen as “silly”, since they intended it to be “serious”, in as far as that goes. Which just goes to show, your millage may vary on that front…