Legendary Tarrktun Supporter title?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PsychoHD.1695

PsychoHD.1695

Hey all!
Just wanted to show my support for the Legendary Tarrktun Supporter achievement coming with a title attached; for an achievement that takes at least 10,000g and 25,000 Ectos to complete, it comes with no prestige (unless you decide to bring out the merchant whenever you can).
In my opinion, it would do the game’s variety in appearances a favour if a title were to come with it so that you could show off to the world how bleak your existence has become after all of that money sunk into such a deep toilet! I for one wouldn’t hesitate to run it over my Eternal or Exalted Legend titles which everyone and their mothers are running these days.
Thanks for reading and I hope to see this implemented!

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’m not against such a title to go with the achievement, but I think “Compulsive Gambler” would be a better title.

Posted by: Tuthan.3250

Tuthan.3250

I should get a title for throwing a lot of gold at the ecto skritt after I got the Tarrktun merchant lol “Gold Sin” would be a nice title for me, I cannot stop gambling whenever I have more than a thousand gold lol

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

the achievement doesnt tell you this but when you complete it tarrktun will sell you more merchants for 88g in brisban wildlands. not that you need it with shared inventory slots, but its neat.

i think a title would fall under that category too. “not that you need it, but its neat”.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

I was thinking “Legendary Sucker” – from Naruto although, since we can’t use Sucker, “Legendary Fool” ?

Not to insult those who managed to get it, I quit after I did like 20 or so lol…. but how many profited, and how many lost incredible amounts of gold by going for it?

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

I’m not against such a title to go with the achievement, but I think “Compulsive Gambler” would be a better title.

I agree with this.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I was thinking “Legendary Sucker” – from Naruto although, since we can’t use Sucker, “Legendary Fool” ?

Not to insult those who managed to get it, I quit after I did like 20 or so lol…. but how many profited, and how many lost incredible amounts of gold by going for it?

I never actually intended to go for it but I made a significant amount of gold while getting it. I tried it to see what the fuss was all about and kept going because I kept winning. I only stopped when I hit the “100 times” achievement.

I disagree with the OPs numbers. It didn’t take me 10,000 gold and 25,000 ectoplasm. Just 100 gold, 250 ectoplasm, and a whole lot of luck.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There were several good suggestions 9 months ago:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Tarrktun-Item-and-ecto-gamble-achiv/5321492

Including (from others, including some posters in this new thread):

• Ectoplasmic
  • I bought this title.
  • Compulsive Gambler
  • I Could Have Bought Fifty Precursors
  • Ecto Dysfunctional
  • Easily Duped

(And repeating a few of my own suggestions)

• More Dollars Than Sense
  • Shinier Than You
  • I Spent All This Ecto & All I Have is Skritt to Show For It
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I never actually intended to go for it but I made a significant amount of gold while getting it. I tried it to see what the fuss was all about and kept going because I kept winning. I only stopped when I hit the “100 times” achievement.

I disagree with the OPs numbers. It didn’t take me 10,000 gold and 25,000 ectoplasm. Just 100 gold, 250 ectoplasm, and a whole lot of luck.

Just because you were getting gold and ectos BACK does not mean it didnt cost you what amounts to 20k gold.

Posted by: PsychoHD.1695

PsychoHD.1695

Just because you were getting gold and ectos BACK does not mean it didnt cost you what amounts to 20k gold.

Both right in your own ways?
Jokes aside these are some great suggestions! Although I personally believe ‘Legendary Tarrktun Supporter’ is perfect enough as a title