[Suggestion] Legendary Weapon Sigils Switching

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

But yes, in regard to functionality, it clearly not a driving factor – which further goes back to undermine the OPs stance that they require more functionality to justify their price, as it isn’t even really a factor with respect to price in the first place.

I already said it.

The idea of just being able to swap sigils on Legendaries is bro-ken. Not just broken, but bro-ken.

It’s a great and awesome possibility; and it would work fantastically towards giving them better/more functionality. But it’s absolutely not the right thing to let past the design and development stage. For numerous reasons.

Agreed. Don’t think we ever disagreed on that.

Posted by: Dragonax.6487

Dragonax.6487

But yes, in regard to functionality, it clearly not a driving factor – which further goes back to undermine the OPs stance that they require more functionality to justify their price, as it isn’t even really a factor with respect to price in the first place.

I already said it.

The idea of just being able to swap sigils on Legendaries is bro-ken. Not just broken, but bro-ken.

It’s a great and awesome possibility; and it would work fantastically towards giving them better/more functionality. But it’s absolutely not the right thing to let past the design and development stage. For numerous reasons.

Can’t have a bigger disagree than this. Explain to me what make Sigil swapping bro-ken ? Pls note that if the impact is not as significant as having 20-30% more stat than ascended (that would make legendary worth their price though ) , I would consider your argument a load of crap.

As far as I can see, it will make it slightly more convenient for players who use expensive Sigils on their legendary and don’t want to destroy them when changing their build, nothing more, nothing less. Otherwise, they would have to make another ascended to put the other Sigils on, that’s UTTERLY ridiculous considering they already paid 40 times the price of an ascended for 1 weapon of the same stats. U must be a very unreasonable and full of jealousy person if you think that’s enough to even be considered slightly much.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I already said it.

Can’t have a bigger disagree than this. Explain to me what make Sigil swapping bro-ken ? Pls note that if the impact is not as significant as having 20-30% more stat than ascended (that would make legendary worth their price though ) , I would consider your argument a load of crap.

As far as I can see, it will make it slightly more convenient for players who use expensive Sigils on their legendary and don’t want to destroy them when changing their build, nothing more, nothing less. Otherwise, they would have to make another ascended to put the other Sigils on, that’s UTTERLY ridiculous considering they already paid 40 times the price of an ascended for 1 weapon of the same stats. U must be a very unreasonable and full of jealousy person if you think that’s enough to even be considered slightly much.

Unless all ascended can do it, legendary shouldn’t have this feature.
I already pointed out that this will make legendary a 50 in 1 pack weapon, which allow players to have unfair advantage over everyone who don’t have legendary weapons.

People probably will only bring 2~4 same types of weapons due to space issue and inventory organization. Because they usually only have 2~4 same weapons, they’d have to make hard choice of choosing the more universal sigils (force, air, fire, energy, bloodlust, corruption, perception, accuracy, night, cleansing, generosity) If legendary can swap sigils at will, they’d have unfair advantage because they’d always maximize their proformence without sacrificing spaces and messing up their inventory or making hard choice. (I already gave the example of dungeon and fractal, which you can save 20 spaces, yet still achieve the maximum efficiency by choosing 10% night+ 10% monster specific sigil, which outside of that particular dungeon, is kitteneless sigil combination)

People are getting greedier and greedier ever since Anet make “legendary” extra special.
It used to be just cosmetic and that’s all, and then people start asking more and more not because they like the skin, but because they want to be better than everyone else.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I don’t own a Legendary and probably never will, but I do think this is a good idea. It would have to take a reasonable form: you would have the ability to remove the sigil, not the one to choose any sigil you once bought. That way, it would still take inventory space. Stat changes are good on Legendaries, but it’s true that without being able to change the sigils, this advantage is somehow negated. I already have this problem playing on multiple professions with just a few ascended weapons.

Why would it be balanced? Well, if you think about it, you wouldn’t have an advantage over ascended weapons. You can freely change sigils on ascended weapons: it just costs a lot of money. Yet, it’s not nearly as expensive as a Legendary: you could have 5 identical ascended swords with 5 different sigil combinations and it would still be A LOT cheaper than Bolt. So where is the advantage of the Legendary? Convenience, mainly. And the skin.

Posted by: Bovan.9481

Bovan.9481

Unless all ascended can do it, legendary shouldn’t have this feature.
I already pointed out that this will make legendary a 50 in 1 pack weapon, which allow players to have unfair advantage over everyone who don’t have legendary weapons.

People probably will only bring 2~4 same types of weapons due to space issue and inventory organization. Because they usually only have 2~4 same weapons, they’d have to make hard choice of choosing the more universal sigils (force, air, fire, energy, bloodlust, corruption, perception, accuracy, night, cleansing, generosity) If legendary can swap sigils at will, they’d have unfair advantage because they’d always maximize their proformence without sacrificing spaces and messing up their inventory or making hard choice. (I already gave the example of dungeon and fractal, which you can save 20 spaces, yet still achieve the maximum efficiency by choosing 10% night+ 10% monster specific sigil, which outside of that particular dungeon, is kitteneless sigil combination)

People are getting greedier and greedier ever since Anet make “legendary” extra special.
It used to be just cosmetic and that’s all, and then people start asking more and more not because they like the skin, but because they want to be better than everyone else.

I think you don’t realize this is already a thing. It’s quite common for people to carry an extra weapon around along with a stack of monster-specific sigils to just swap them around for those weird dungeons like Caudecus Manor and Honor of the Waves.

In the end the only thing that would truly change is the inventory space. I think if you are willing to farm dungeons and such for so long to make one of these legendary weapons, gaining the potential for a few more inventory slots wouldn’t be such a bad reward.

After reading your posts I can’t really find a good argument against this idea. You just seem bitter about something.

Bovan Ironwrench – Bovan Sundermist
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I already said it.

I’m not surprised you don’t feel it is broken. The people who enjoy using broken things are usually not the type who feel it needs to be removed. After all, it’s in the game so why not make use of it?

Several people have tried to explain why it is broken. So far, you have ignored it in favor of continuing to call Legendaries overpriced for their function. This is the only point you and I will agree upon, because I feel they’ve been hiked up so far it’s ridiculous.

Thank you for trying to look into my soul. Yes, I am a very jealous person and I have no reasonable basis for my arguments at all. You caught me, very good, now do you want a gold star? How about a dollar? I know, we’ll get you a puppy since you’re such an astute young lad.

Let me lay it out for you.

Suppose you permit Legendaries to Sigil-swap without needing to purchase a new Sigil. That implies you don’t need to purchase them any more, if at all, which indicates all that money you wish to be saving for convenience isn’t going to circulate. This is a problem. But it goes deeper than that.

This gives Legendaries a distinct advantage over those who “merely” use Ascended. When including how it allows you to alter the statistic types out of combat as well, you have a weapon which is clearly Best-in-Slot in almost all aspects. Which means Legendaries are now what people will want to own. This will have two effects.

Firstly, there will be a significant price spike in all parts relating to Legendaries. Precursors, Lodestones . . . those are going to go up as more people try to snatch them up. It won’t get cheaper, which means the “value for the cost” is still going to move out of line . . . so your problem of it not being worth the Gold is still going to be an issue. That means the suggestion is broken because it will not fix what it is intended to fix.

Secondly, and I am guessing you weren’t here when Ascended was actually introduced, the players will riot. Not the tame “SAB or Riot” stuff either. No. This will irrevocably harm the players’ feelings about ArenaNet and their development team. Any designer or developer who signed off on this, something which causes so much damage to the brand, would very quickly be fired.

In both cases, it will be absolutely not in favor of the health of the game to do.

I’ve seen it done before . . . good ideas! Absolutely terrible to actually see used.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

I honestly doubt you’re going to see people making multiple copies of legendaries for different characters just to avoid sigil swaps. If anything, this would be an extra perk for the one copy of that legendary you have and you’re most likely going to have multiple ascended of that type of weapon for your other characters and still swap sigils in and out like we’re doing currently with just overwriting sigils.

The price on legendary weapons are high due to how they’re crafted with amounts of mats that are required. As I said earlier, I doubt this will increase the demand for multiple copies of the same legendary by much since most people will go the much cheaper route of getting an ascended weapon, transmuting the skin, and swapping sigils in and out. For those of us that need to be able to swap weapons quickly because of multiple types in a run or require quick change outs for whatever other reason, multiple ascended weapons is still going to be the way to go since its going to be faster to just double click the weapon with the stats you want vs going through a menu to change a sigil out.

Statwise, legendary and ascended are already the same. The only thing that differentiates them is that legendary can swap stats. For the price difference, that’s not a whole lot.

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

To everyone who says “legendary should only be a skin and nothing more”:

First of all, I disagree.

But more importantly; legendaries are already more than ascended weapons. On a legendary weapon you can switch the stats of your weapon as often as you want, you just have to be out of combat for it.

It is not unreasonable to have a sigil-swap option too. Maybe they can introduce legendary sigils that can be put in legendary weapons which can then be swapped to whatever sigil you want whenever you want?

Then after they gave us legendary sigils, we need legendary armor with legendary runes.

Aomine.5012

But more importantly; legendaries are already more than ascended weapons. On a legendary weapon you can switch the stats of your weapon as often as you want, you just have to be out of combat for it.

It is not unreasonable to have a sigil-swap option too. Maybe they can introduce legendary sigils that can be put in legendary weapons which can then be swapped to whatever sigil you want whenever you want?

Then after they gave us legendary sigils, we need legendary armor with legendary runes.

LoL, funny theory yknow.
“Because it is already broken, it is okay to make it more broken”
If that’s the case, the class balance should always go in favor of the strongest class lol.

Aomine.5012

I honestly doubt you’re going to see people making multiple copies of legendaries for different characters just to avoid sigil swaps. If anything, this would be an extra perk for the one copy of that legendary you have and you’re most likely going to have multiple ascended of that type of weapon for your other characters and still swap sigils in and out like we’re doing currently with just overwriting sigils.

The price on legendary weapons are high due to how they’re crafted with amounts of mats that are required. As I said earlier, I doubt this will increase the demand for multiple copies of the same legendary by much since most people will go the much cheaper route of getting an ascended weapon, transmuting the skin, and swapping sigils in and out. For those of us that need to be able to swap weapons quickly because of multiple types in a run or require quick change outs for whatever other reason, multiple ascended weapons is still going to be the way to go since its going to be faster to just double click the weapon with the stats you want vs going through a menu to change a sigil out.

Statwise, legendary and ascended are already the same. The only thing that differentiates them is that legendary can swap stats. For the price difference, that’s not a whole lot.

You do not need to make multiple copies of same legendary to get different sigil combination. All you need to do is make extra ascended and apply your legendary skin through wardrobe, that’s all. Stop justify this feature with the reason of legendary being too expensive because if you just want the skin, it’s in your wardrobe.
Your excuse doesn’t work yknow.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I approve this suggestion. It’s been brought up before, but it’s quite simple: you PAY for the sigils, you unlock them. Simple like that. If it was given for free, then that would be unfair, but you will pay, so no problem at all.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

If you think it costs too much to make legendaries, stop paying for them.

There is no need for them to do more than they already do just because you are willing to throw stupid amounts of time and money at a pretty skin with a little extra functionality.

Valento.9852

I still don’t get why ANet hasn’t put this in the game yet. Heck, add this functionality to ascendeds aswell, I don’t care.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Aomine.5012

I still don’t get why ANet hasn’t put this in the game yet. Heck, add this functionality to ascendeds aswell, I don’t care.

Bleh, I don’t want to care too. Just give legendary weapons to everyone as their 3rd year birthday present then we’ll call it even. No unfair advantage anymore because everyone will eventually get it. If you reject, then you’re just being hypocritical.

Valento.9852

Bleh, I don’t want to care too. Just give legendary weapons to everyone as their 3rd year birthday present then we’ll call it even. No unfair advantage anymore because everyone will eventually get it. If you reject, then you’re just being hypocritical.

If that’s how you think, then ANet is hypocritical since the beginning because legendaries already allow for stat-swapping.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

No
legendary should only be a skin – nothing more

Anet considers legendary weapons to be more than skins or they would have refunded every duplicate legendary when the wardrobe change happened. As it stands they refunded a few and then changed their minds and decided legendary weapons were way better than a skin or multiple ascended weapons, so now they are more than a skin and ascended weapons. Time to add sigil swapping and finish the job because the truth is they were wrong, legendary weapons are no better than a skin, because you can make every useful stat combo of ascended weapons for a fraction of a legendary and have proper sigils for each one.

Posted by: Elestian.6134

Elestian.6134

Has everyone forgotten that this thread is nothing more than a suggestion? And yet every doomsayer here has warned of some inevitable market impact without even knowing or specifying the cost/method of acquisition of such a feature, or how the feature would be implemented.

As I said in response to another post, and noted by Aomine, sigil swapping would provide an economic imbalance in favor of Legendary over Ascended, which is not intended.

Suppose you permit Legendaries to Sigil-swap without needing to purchase a new Sigil. That implies you don’t need to purchase them any more, if at all, which indicates all that money you wish to be saving for convenience isn’t going to circulate.

Like these. Consider if “unlocking” single sigils on legendary weapons instead involved “feeding” them ascended weapons bearing the sigils. The cost of crafting multiple ascended weapons to achieve the same effect is maintained, and the argument is reduced to the benefits of saved space. (And if you’re genuinely concerned by the advantages of saved space, there’s an entire thread that I think you should read about how bank tabs, bag slots, and the Salvage-o-Matic are pay2win because they increase/save space and allow owners to farm for longer durations without stopping, thus effectively increasing their gold income over time. This is a bad line of argument.) The same defense can be made for a “legendary sigil” that functions completely independent of any legendary weapon.

My point isn’t that I necessarily believe these would be good implementations of such a feature, but that people here are unilaterally tossing the suggestion out the door because their specific vision of how it has to be implemented might have negative consequences. These claims are moot.

(edited by Elestian.6134)

Mourningcry.9428

Has everyone forgotten that this thread is nothing more than a suggestion? And yet every doomsayer here has warned of some inevitable market impact without even knowing or specifying the cost/method of acquisition of such a feature, or how the feature would be implemented.

As I said in response to another post, and noted by Aomine, sigil swapping would provide an economic imbalance in favor of Legendary over Ascended, which is not intended.

Suppose you permit Legendaries to Sigil-swap without needing to purchase a new Sigil. That implies you don’t need to purchase them any more, if at all, which indicates all that money you wish to be saving for convenience isn’t going to circulate.

Like these. Consider if “unlocking” single sigils on legendary weapons instead involved “feeding” them ascended weapons bearing the sigils. The cost of crafting multiple ascended weapons to achieve the same effect is maintained, and the argument is reduced to the benefits of saved space. (And if you’re genuinely concerned by the advantages of saved space, there’s an entire thread that I think you should read about how bank tabs, bag slots, and the Salvage-o-Matic are pay2win because they increase/save space and allow owners to farm for longer durations without stopping, thus effectively increasing their gold income over time. This is a bad line of argument.) The same defense can be made for a “legendary sigil” that functions completely independent of any legendary weapon.

My point isn’t that I necessarily believe these would be good implementations of such a feature, but that people here are unilaterally tossing the suggestion out the door because their specific vision of how it has to be implemented might have negative consequences. These claims are moot.

The argument has nothing to do with cost. As explained earlier, the cost of either a legendary vs multiple ascended is moot as it’s a sunk cost, only the opportunity cost is a consideration.
(Edit: Cost here refers to the initial creation of either. At completion, a weapon of baseline equivalence is created, and the cost to do so is no longer a consideration as each weapon is equivalent. It’s the same as if one player crafted an ascended for 45g and one player made the same ascended, instead of a Legenday, but it cost them 50g – it no longer matters what was spent as now each player has an ascended of equal value)

Until stated otherwise by Anet, the intent of a Legendary is to be on par, equivalent, of any other weapon. This is currently what they are. Adding a sigil alters the baseline.

I’ll try to explain as simply as possible…

Take the simplest base case:
* Player A has Bolt
* Player B forges an Ascended Sword

Any sword player B forges, player A can equal.

Now player B equips a Sigil of Force.
Player A must equip a Sigil of Force to maintain equality.

If player B equips a new sigil, they must pay a cost.
If player A also equips the new sigil, they pay the same cost.

Player B now wants to go back to Sigil of Force – they pay a cost.
Player A must also now do so.

If player A does not have to pay this cost, an economic disparity is created. The Legendary is no longer on par with the Ascended, thus breaking Anet’s intent.

So, you say, Player B can create another Ascended, or any number more Ascended at a lower cost than what Player A spent. Again, cost is not a consideration as the choice is made up front whether to create n Ascended weapons, or 1 Legendary. Once that decision is made cost is no longer a consideration as it’s sunk.

Creating either a Legendary or an Ascended weapon will result in two equivalent weapons. Two ascended weapons > 1 Legendary, but the Legendary will be the equivalent of any one of those Ascended. (edit: To clarify, a player equipping two ascended swords, will be “better off” than the player equipping a single Bolt. No one would argue that Bolt should be the equivalent of two Ascended swords because it cost x amount more to create.)

The simple fact is that as it now stand at any time a Legendary is the equivalent of any other similar Ascended weapon. Allowing sigil swapping at no cost creates a disparity of the Legendary over the Ascended item. This is not the intent.

(edited by Mourningcry.9428)

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Do you want to know what is actually going to make the market for T6 and lodestones go crazy? The legendary mastery where legendaries will be much more accessible. Everyone arguing against this has terrible points. I know lots of people with legndaries and I have 5 myself. I never bother changing my sigils it really isn’t worth the effort or gold to do so. I once in awhile change the stats and yes they don’t match up with the sigils but whatever. It would be nice to be able to have them match up but I’m not going to go change my sigils around just for WvW to only change them back when I do some fractals. Seriously no one is taking the pricey sigils and swaping them around. The only thing people swap sigils for is enemy slaying. In that case it is a space issue that this proposed change would have an advantage on over ascended. If you are really that desperate for space buy some gems and get more tabs. Also those sigils cost next to nothing so don’t go crying about the economy relating to that point. Lastly, GW 2 legendary weapons will always be appealing primarily for the skin. i
Exhibit A: The Bard, probably one of the most ugly legendary weapons is the focus. It’s music note effect is slightly cool but the weapon itself looks sad. Take note the price of this precursor and compare it to Exhibit B: The legend. The legendary staff is super cool looking with footprints. It’s also costs 10x more for the legend over the bard. …….Why?….. Apparently some people wouldn’t undersrand this phenomenon based on the logic of several posts in the thread. Anyway this would in no significant way hurt the game or be at all game breaking… Anyone who believes otherwise is just over analyzing or wish they had a legendary as well.

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Aomine.5012

Do you want to know what is actually going to make the market for T6 and lodestones go crazy? The legendary mastery where legendaries will be much more accessible. Everyone arguing against this has terrible points. I know lots of people with legndaries and I have 5 myself. I never bother changing my sigils it really isn’t worth the effort or gold to do so. I once in awhile change the stats and yes they don’t match up with the sigils but whatever. It would be nice to be able to have them match up but I’m not going to go change my sigils around just for WvW to only change them back when I do some fractals. Seriously no one is doing that. The only thing people may do it with sigils for enemy slaying. In that case it is a space issue that this proposed change would have an advantage on over ascended. If you are really that desperate for space buy some gems and get more tabs. Also those sigils cost next to nothing so don’t go cryin about the economy relating to that point. also in GW 2 legendary weapons will always be appealing primarily for the skin. it’s simple to realize this when you look at the crappy skins and notice their precursor price is dramatically different than nicer skins. Anyway this would in no significant way hurt the game or be at all game breaking… Anyone who believes otherwise is just over analyzing or wish they had a legendary as well.

Or you can just craft more Ascended like everyone else, and apply the legendary skin on them through wardrobe so you have different choices of sigils. You’re just too lazy to do so and you want Anet gives you an easy way out.

Also, no-one knows the crafting material for Precursors and new legendary weapons yet. It can be gift of light x 3 (900 charged lodestone), and the price will still be insanely high, if not even higher than before! Not to mention if they add the swap sigil ability, the legendary weapons become a “must have” to everyone, and it’s not just a skin anymore. The price will go even higher because the demand will suddenly get an outburst due to this “must have” feature of legendaries.

And the only one who’ll be smiling are you selfish folks who already own all the legendary weapons early on.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Moot as in they have no place to be discussed, or moot as in it doesn’t matter if it’s brought up because it won’t happen?

I am slightly hurt at the first, because it basically tells me to shut up with dissenting opinions because they’re not welcome. That’s not healthy for discussion of any kind. There has to be a dissenting opinion voiced, or objections raised to options if only to poke holes and check the presumptions of the people offering the suggestion.

Given the heart of the suggestion is basically “I’m tired of this and think I (and people like me) should have/be more special than others” . . . I’d say that’s a poor foundation to build any idea from which will affect the game as a whole.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Andraus.3874

No I would not craft another ascended weapon just for WvW. I would just use exotic if I was that desperate I really wouldn’t care. You assume a lot thinking I bought my legendaries off the TP. They are way over priced. I would only be able to have maybe 2 off the TP for the price of making 5 which I worked very very hard for. You are not keeping up with the times. Precursors are dropping in price. There is less demand as the legendary mastery is coming out and people are waiting. The precursors are not going to be a money sink with the mastery. Most people agree that it is going to be similar to obtaining luminescent armor if you want a general idea. But it’s quite obvious it will be a time sink more than a money sink. People will put time into doing achivements, collections, and events over farming hours of dungeons for a precursor or mystic toilet. Anyway you do sound jealous. I’m sorry you put so much time into making several different ascended weapons as well as the gold. Personally I would never have bothered with that. The only reason ascended is worth it is for high level fractals which is all zerker all time. Sure the slight damage increase is also nice in dungeons but I for one am not going around making tons of different sets for things like WvW where condi and builds with things like Vitalilty and Healing are useful. The difference is so minimal it isn’t worth the effort especially just for the weapon. Although I admit I’ve done enough feactals to have 4 zerker sets, 2 condi sets, 1 PVT set and 1 celestial set. Tho I rarely use anything but berserker.

Also you are clearly missing the point. It’s already not just a skin as you can change stats. How did this affect the price? Can you tell me that? It doesn’t. Again the primary reason people buy legendary is because of the skin. Please refer to exhibit A and B again. If the prices for precursors were conparable in price then I would agree. That people are buying them for being more than just a skin over ascended. And I already explained that adding sigils isn’t going to affect the market in any significant way, certainly not anymore than the ability to change the stats. If you refuse to really consider my points I’m sorry but I won’t argue with you. They are very valid and logical points. If there is some sort of counter argument I would like to hear it. But talking I circles is not going to help you in this debate.

Also who is this “everyone else” that is crafting multiple ascended with different sigils and stats. Really those people are far and few between. The effort does not match the reward for a majority of the player base in that case. It seems to me you are one of those few that have put time into making multiple ascended weapons with different stats and sigils. In that case you are quite biased because if this would go through all that work you did would be for nothing if you got a legendary. So you are understandably against legndaries in general. Of course I am biased because I have 5 but I can honestly say I made them for the skin, I dislike WvW and run it maybe once a month which might be when I change my stats if I remember or feel like doing it, and I doubt I’d ever bother changing the sigils even if this went through. Actually the only reason I decided to post was because of these counter arguments which don’t make any sense and aren’t giving a substantial reason against this implementation. Maybe some of your points would have made sense before the ability to change stats on legendary weapons but yeah…

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Elestian.6134

@Mourningcry

I think you missed the entire point of my post — that every counter argument has presumed one specific implementation of this feature. There is no reason that the feature necessarily must remove the cost of swapping sigils.

Moreover, this distinction you draw between the equivalent “sunk” and “opportunistic” costs of legendary versus ascended weapons (and any subsequently introduced “economic disparity”) offers a conveniently narrow view of the economic impact of such a feature when, in reality, how this impacts the market as a whole and in the long run is entirely dependent on the equivalent “sunk” costs. You cannot simply toss these out as inconsequential or moot and still claim to offer a full vision of the economic impact. For the same reason, ANet can safely add items like the gem store home node packs, knowing that the vast majority of players will not gather the material resources equivalent to the gold-value of the gem price. You could argue that players have willingly accepted this “sunk” cost and are then freely generating additional income to the inequality of everyone else but, in the grand scheme of things, gold (or potential gold) is removed from the economy.

As others have already mentioned in the thread, the claim that ANet’s intent for legendaries to be “on par” with ascended precludes them from also having a convenience feature like sigil swapping is already undermined by the addition of stat-swapping functionality. It has always been my own understanding that ANet simply does not wish for legendaries to be another stat tier unto themselves, and neither swapping function violates this. The same driving principle from PvP applies here: in combat, players are on equal footings.

On this point, I also believe your counter-point comparison of “n ascended v 1 legendary” is internally inconsistent. You are willing to concede that stat swapping does not violate the equality of ascended and legendary, but sigil swapping does. Imagine that instead the release of these features was reversed. We could presently swap sigils but not stats. By the same reasoning you have provided, you could argue that any two zerker ascended weapons with X and Y sigils is the equivalent of any single permanently-zerker legendary weapon because, as you argue, “the Legendary will be the equivalent of any one of those Ascended.” With regards to whether or not either one of these swapping functionalities violates the “intent” of legendary weapons, they are in principle individually the same.

Elestian.6134

Moot as in they have no place to be discussed, or moot as in it doesn’t matter if it’s brought up because it won’t happen?

Hah, I think you’ve read to far into what I said. If anything, I felt that others were too quick to shut down constructive discussion of ways to implement this feature by limiting discussion to their personal interpretation of how it would be implemented, and then arguing against it. I meant that such claims are moot because we don’t have to consider only one possible implementation, when there can be so many!

I also think you’re far too cynical about the heart of the discussion. Frankly, I’ve got a great inventory management system with my numerous ascended weapons with alternative sigils, so I’m otherwise content for things to remain the same. But in the same way it would be great to have build templates or gearsets, I could see this being an additional quality of life improve that I do think is deserving of the Legendary rarity. I don’t think this has to be perceived as elitist, and I hope I’m not.

Aomine.5012

Hah, I think you’ve read to far into what I said. If anything, I felt that others were too quick to shut down constructive discussion of ways to implement this feature by limiting discussion to their personal interpretation of how it would be implemented, and then arguing against it. I meant that such claims are moot because we don’t have to consider only one possible implementation, when there can be so many!

I also think you’re far too cynical about the heart of the discussion. Frankly, I’ve got a great inventory management system with my numerous ascended weapons with alternative sigils, so I’m otherwise content for things to remain the same. But in the same way it would be great to have build templates or gearsets, I could see this being an additional quality of life improve that I do think is deserving of the Legendary rarity. I don’t think this has to be perceived as elitist, and I hope I’m not.

I already proposed the possibility of adding a fund for switching sigil on legendary (like 5g) and people right out rejected it :P

I know they all think of the same thing: convenience and money saving.

Someone argued with me that space saving is not a big deal. Tbh I have full 160 spaces opened up on some of my characters already. In order to bring all types of weapons and different types sigils for wvw and pve, foods, necessities, siege weapons, currencies (like all the SW bags/ keys/ geo), and 1~2 sets of additional armor sets, it already took me “80 SPACES” without any drops included. You do not know how much of an impact that legendary sigil free swapping can be, that I can maximize my performance without wasting additional 20 spaces or more to carry all types of sigil combination. Currently I refuse to do so because I need spaces for all the drops. I cannot afford to waste 20 spaces to maximize my performance, all I can do is bring those “universal sigils” (force, accuracy, fire, air, energy, cleansing, bloodlust, perception, corruption, etc) to make myself more useful in limited amount of spaces.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Andraus.3874

For a majority of the player base. No. Space saving is not a big deal. I’m sorry you are clearly the minority here And refuse to see the bigger picture. Also I’m curious how carrying around geos/keys/sand/SW bags/currencies is maximizing your performance. Maybe try putting the siege on a mule or in the bank when you aren’t in WvW. Same with the WvW food.

Also you have 80 free spaces? Maybe you should invest in some of the “omatic” salvage kits. You really don’t need more than 20 free spaces. So there you go 60 more spaces

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Aomine.5012

For a majority of the player base. No. Space saving is not a big deal. I’m sorry you are clearly the minority here And refuse to see the bigger picture. Also I’m curious how carrying around geos/keys/sand/SW bags/currencies is maximizing your performance. Maybe try putting the siege on a mule or in the bank when you aren’t in WvW. Same with the WvW food.

Also you have 80 free spaces? Maybe you should invest in some of the “omatic” salvage kits. You really don’t need more than 20 free spaces. So there you go 60 more spaces

Sigh, anyway, I already proposed everything I want to say. Anet will read them and take consideration of consequences, that is enough for me. They may find a clever way to implant it, and try not to messed up market too much. It’s all up to Anet now.

It is pointless to argue with those who already own legendaries and wouldn’t have ANY consequences if Anet implant this system (they’d be smiling wildly ofc), but it has huge consequences for anyone who currently doesn’t own the legendary. I won’t bump and reply this post anymore. All I want to say had been said and Anet will see it.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

No. No you do not.

But I will reiterate this is most likely a terrible idea to implement. It’s fine as a mental exercise but it really does drip the problem with “give a mouse a cookie” out of every pore. It’s an idea which looks like it should, in every way, function well and could conceivably be a great boon . . .

. . . for everyone who owns a Legendary. Anyone else? Why don’t you have one yet? Go get your Discover card and get Gems!

LucosTheDutch.4819

LoL, funny theory yknow.
If that’s the case, the class balance should always go in favor of the strongest class lol.

There is nothing broken about legendaries. They are working as intended.

Your reply really doesn’t make any sense.

Mourningcry.9428

@Elestian

My contention has always been based upon the OP’s specific suggestion to implement free stat swapping to Legendary items.

My use of sunk and opportunity costs are neither arbitrary, nor flowery descriptions. These are economic terms with discrete meanings which are neither narrow nor ignore the overall economics of the market and are used accordingly.

If a player is making a decision to spend 50g to craft an Ascended or 2000g to craft a Legendary the opportunity costs are of consideration, as I stated. The one opportunity costs of the decision are correlated to the market and directly have consequence on it.

Once the decision to craft the item has been made, however, the costs associated with it are sunk, unrecoverable. All that remains is an item of Ascended quality. My example of the 40g and 50g Ascended demonstrate this – the 40g item is identical to the 50g Ascended items and are functionally equivalent regardless of the costs associated with their individual creation.

Your comparison to home nodes is not a valid comparison as the cost analysis is very different for those in this topic. It’s beyond the scope of this discussion, and can be discussed in another topic if you like, but the analysis is not the same nor entirely applicable here.

Ascended weapons are defined primarily by providing stats of either +97/ +64/ +64 for one handed or +184/ +128/ +128 for two handed variants. They do not have any upgrades or infusions.

Adding an upgrade, or an infusion for that matter, changes this baseline and adds another dimension to ensure equivalence on, which, is beyond the scope of the defined item’s equivalency factors. Why would the OP not request free infusion swapping as well?

The stat swapping functionality does not undermine Anet’s intent,rather, it’s the chosen implementation that allows to ensure equivalence of Legendary to Ascended as it is defined.

My contention is also not internally inconsistent as it holds and demonstrates this equivalence. Your scenario of a sigil swapping functionality instead of stats does not, and my analysis does not even discuss this or imply this in anyway. Specifically:

A crafted Ascended with +97 Power/ +64 Precision/ +64 Ferocity with Sigil X
Will never be equivalent to
A Legendary with +97 Power/ +64 Toughness/ +64 Vitality with Sigil Y without stat swapping, regardless of what sigil is freely chosen.

Stand alone sigil swapping would never have meet Anet’s intent of equivalency. Stat versus Sigil swapping are not in principle the same and I never implied, reasoned, or even alluded that it is. It is your (mis)interpretation that it doesn’t violate the intended equivalency.

As I stated, my contention has always been based upon the economic disparity free sigil swapping would cause. If you can demonstrate how the OP’s suggestion can be done without creating such as disparity please elaborate.

Or, if you have an alternative of how this could be implemented without creating a disparity, also please elaborate for discussion.

Edited to add clarifications/formatting.

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

LoL, funny theory yknow.

There is nothing broken about legendaries. They are working as intended.

Your reply really doesn’t make any sense.

This ^

Stat swaping is working as intended.

@Mourningcry

The market should adapt the game changes not the opposite. Imagine if they stop buffing/nerfing sigils/traits/runes/skill because it will affect the market… It would ruin the game.

The collections for example made some exotics skyrocket on price. Is it bad? No. Should they have not implemented the collection because it was going to affect the market? No.

Every small change will affect the trading post in some way. They can’t just stop making good changes to the game “because it will affect the market”….

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Mourningcry.9428

I mentioned this in passing in my earlier post, but it strikes me as directly relevant….

Why not infusion swapping as well? Surely this would be just as desirable….

I mean, the cost to swap an infusion can be vastly greater than a mere sigil, why not have that as well, right?

Mourningcry.9428

/snip/

@Mourningcry

The market should adapt the game changes not the opposite. Imagine if they stop buffing/nerfing sigils/traits/runes/skill because it will affect the market… It would ruin the game.

The collections for example made some exotics skyrocket on price. Is it bad? No. Should they have not implemented the collection because it was going to affect the market? No.

Every small change will affect the trading post in some way. They can’t just stop making good changes to the game “because it will affect the market”….

Actually, I never really implied any market impacts at all. My contention is based simply on the cost associated with replacing sigils. Their market value is irrelevant, they can be high or low – the disparity will remain. Ascended users will pay it on an ongoing basis, Legendary users will not.

It’s pedantic if they even swap once, or never. It’s the fact that such a disparity could exist which is my contention to why it would violate Anet’s intent on equivalency.

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

I see sigil swaping the same way as infinite gathering tools. Convenience. Most sigils are cheap and you just place the new over without losing much anyway. How many transfers would be needed for the ascended cost the same as the legendary?

I think that the best way to implement sigil swaps would be give the lengedary a fixed ammount of slots that you can swap. Let’s use the number 5 for example. That would let you put 5 sigils on the weapon, but only be able to let 2 active. So this way we let the user swap between a limited amount of sigils that he sloted. If they want even more changes than they have to replace one of those 5.

It gives more options to make the stat swap usefull (most people just have 2 or 3 builds per charancer 1 for pve and a few for wvw), but also makes you think about what 5 sigils you want on the slots.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

LucosTheDutch.4819

I mentioned this in passing in my earlier post, but it strikes me as directly relevant….

I mean, the cost to swap an infusion can be vastly greater than a mere sigil, why not have that as well, right?

Sure why not? Just introduce legendary infusions that cost as much as 3 normal infusions and call it a day.

Mourningcry.9428

Sure why not? Just introduce legendary infusions that cost as much as 3 normal infusions and call it a day.

No issue with this – if that legendary infusion, regardless of how it’s created, can be put on to Ascended weapons as well. This keeps them in parity. Same could be said of a Legenday Sigil as suggested earlier and elsewhere.

However, if such an infusion can only be applied to Legendary weapons, well, now we’re back to the discussion of why legendary quality is the equivalent of Ascended and how this breaks that parity…. Which is the whole intent of this thread.

Mourningcry.9428

I see sigil swaping the same way as infinite gathering tools. Convenience. Most sigils are cheap and you just place the new over without losing much anyway. How many transfers would be needed for the ascended cost the same as the legendary?

I think that the best way to implement sigil swaps would be give the lengedary a fixed ammount of slots that you can swap. Let’s use the number 5 for example. That would let you put 5 sigils on the weapon, but only be able to let 2 active. So this way we let the user swap between a limited amount of sigils that he sloted. If they want even more changes than they have to replace one of those 5.

It gives more options to make the stat swap usefull (most people just have 2 or 3 builds per charancer 1 for pve and a few for wvw), but also makes you think about what 5 sigils you want on the slots.

It’s definitely a better implementation. And there’s no doubt it is in one respect a convenience utility.

However, and I know I’m sounding like a broken record, but it still doesn’t address the issue that regular ascended users will have a re-occurring cost versus Legendary users. And yes, I am fully aware of how many transfer it would take to equal the cost essentially paid up front when creating a Legendary instead, and addressed that earlier.

Ultimately, no cost swapping, whether it’s one, five or infinite, still puts Legendary into a true category above Ascended which Anet never intended it to be. If they change their stance, great. But have to assume this is it until they say otherwise.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

It could be good if you unlock sigils on legendary like wardrobe, if you buy it once you can change it infinitely on legendary weapon. That would be cool and legendary thing on actual legendary weapon.

I like that idea. I don’t think that the ability to switch between the sigils you’ve unlocked for a particular legendary would be overpowered or unbalanced in any way. The cost of buying sigils to swap in and out is a drop in the ocean considering that legendaries cost thousands of gold to make. Have it so that it can only be done outside of combat (of course) and that would be a nice QoL feature for legendaries.

I also don’t think that this functionality should be shared with ascended weapons, the stats should be the same so a legendary isn’t better than an ascended sword stats-wise but it’s silly to me for people to propose that an ascended weapon has to behave exactly like a legendary weapon. They’re two drastically different tiers.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Or this, this is another very good suggestion.

Mourningcry.9428

I like that idea. I don’t think that the ability to switch between the sigils you’ve unlocked for a particular legendary would be overpowered or unbalanced in any way. The cost of buying sigils to swap in and out is a drop in the ocean considering that legendaries cost thousands of gold to make. Have it so that it can only be done outside of combat (of course) and that would be a nice QoL feature for legendaries.

I also don’t think that this functionality should be shared with ascended weapons, the stats should be the same so a legendary isn’t better than an ascended sword stats-wise but it’s silly to me for people to propose that an ascended weapon has to behave exactly like a legendary weapon. They’re two drastically different tiers.

Perhaps I’m just silly then, and maybe I guess ANet’s just plain silly too…

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

“Legendary items were always intended to be on par with other “best-in-slot” items. So fear not, all existing Legendary weapons, which are currently on par with Exotics, will be upgraded to be on par with Ascended weapons at the same time that we add Ascended weapons to the game. Thus Legendaries will remain “best-in-slot” items….”

I don’t think anyone dislikes the idea of a swapable sigil, but liking something doesn’t mean it also isn’t consistent with and violates the intent….

Heck, I wish they’d implement all the stuff I’d like to see… but that’d just be silly…..

Andraus.3874

Sigh, anyway, I already proposed everything I want to say. Anet will read them and take consideration of consequences, that is enough for me. They may find a clever way to implant it, and try not to messed up market too much. It’s all up to Anet now.

It is pointless to argue with those who already own legendaries and wouldn’t have ANY consequences if Anet implant this system (they’d be smiling wildly ofc), but it has huge consequences for anyone who currently doesn’t own the legendary. I won’t bump and reply this post anymore. All I want to say had been said and Anet will see it.

And not owning a legendary makes you not biased? I already explained that I don’t care either way. I won’t be changing my sigils or stats as I barely do as is because frankly I don’t care and primarily PvE and PvP. WvW is really the only reason to not go berserker and therefore change stats and sigils. The only reason I decided to post here is because the counter arguments are terrible. This is mostly a huge consequence to people like yourself who have crafted multiple ascended weapons when you could have been putting that money toward a legendary which is about to become more easily accessible, as I also explained earlier. This is what I think your problem is and why your bias is showing so much.

Ultimately, no cost swapping, whether it’s one, five or infinite, still puts Legendary into a true category above Ascended which Anet never intended it to be. If they change their stance, great. But have to assume this is it until they say otherwise.

They already changed their stance. The post you keep referring to is over two years old. Obviously the stance was changed when they implemented the ability to change stats on legendary weapons. This was a much bigger change than say if they allowed legendary weapons to change sigils as proposed. It is much more expensive obviously to craft multiple ascended than to change sigils out once and awhile. If they wanted legendary status to stay on par with ascended they would have allowed you to choose stats for your legendary weapon one time only; like they do with several new items where you choose its stats once before you can equip it.

/-******* Everyone please understand ******** This proposed change is not nearly as significant as giving legendary users the ability to choose stats. Anet already gave legendary users the ability to do this I am sorry your argument for this is too late. Yes this put legndaries above ascended weapons and some people have a problem with that. But it takes a lot of work (unless you just buy it with your credit card) to get a legendary. If you have a problem with people buying legendaries with their credit card I think a lot of the player base would agree with you. But that isn’t going to change and is a completely different discussion.

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Posted by: Dragonax.6487

Dragonax.6487

The argument has nothing to do with cost. As explained earlier, the cost of either a legendary vs multiple ascended is moot as it’s a sunk cost, only the opportunity cost is a consideration.

I’ll try to explain as simply as possible…

Take the simplest base case:
* Player A has Bolt
* Player B forges an Ascended Sword

Any sword player B forges, player A can equal.

Now player B equips a Sigil of Force.
Player A must equip a Sigil of Force to maintain equality.

If player B equips a new sigil, they must pay a cost.
If player A also equips the new sigil, they pay the same cost.

Player B now wants to go back to Sigil of Force – they pay a cost.
Player A must also now do so.

If player A does not have to pay this cost, an economic disparity is created. The Legendary is no longer on par with the Ascended, thus breaking Anet’s intent.

So, you say, Player B can create another Ascended, or any number more Ascended at a lower cost than what Player A spent. Again, cost is not a consideration as the choice is made up front whether to create n Ascended weapons, or 1 Legendary. Once that decision is made cost is no longer a consideration as it’s sunk.

Creating either a Legendary or an Ascended weapon will result in two equivalent weapons. Two ascended weapons > 1 Legendary, but the Legendary will be the equivalent of any one of those Ascended. (edit: To clarify, a player equipping two ascended swords, will be “better off” than the player equipping a single Bolt. No one would argue that Bolt should be the equivalent of two Ascended swords because it cost x amount more to create.)

The simple fact is that as it now stand at any time a Legendary is the equivalent of any other similar Ascended weapon. Allowing sigil swapping at no cost creates a disparity of the Legendary over the Ascended item. This is not the intent.

-This argument has everything to do with cost. Something that cost 40 times more should naturally be stronger or better. A legendary is only supposed to be the equivalent of Ascended in term of stats, to think that it should be equivalent in every department is Wrong. As long as legendary are still far more expensive than ascended, nobody but extreme jealous people would agree with you, including Anet (the fact that they make the stat selection feature already showing that, Legendary should always be the best, if not in stat, then in other ways )

-Legendaries will always be on par with the best weapon true, but the best weapon, no matter what it is, will always be much cheaper than legendary as long as it can be crafted. Not to mention the possibility that Ascended will be the permanent top tier.

Now let talk about your comparison

-Player A has a Bolt
-Player B has an Ascended Sword

is fundamentally unreasonable from the very start. A Bolt should never be compared with an Ascended Sword, it should be far superior whether it’s about the cost or the status.

Let make it a little more equal shall we:
-Player A has a Legendary (with the Sigil swapping feature )
-Player B has 40 Ascended Weapons

Player A purchases 40 Sigils and apply to his Bolt, to customize his build
Player B purchases 40 Sigils, and apply to his 40 Ascended weapons

Player A benefits:
-Space saving ( Super important )

-Don’t have to reach inventory or Bank when needing to change builds, only double click ( Big convenient bonus )

-Beautiful skin with aura

Player B benefits:

-Have full top tier weapon set at hand, main hand, off hand, swapping weapons, water weapons ( Actually super important ), meanwhile player A will need to make additional Ascended or Legendary weapons to have full top tier weapon set

-Can share his weapons among his characters, so he doesn’t have to consistently transfer 1 weapon around them ( Big convenient bonus )

So to conclude:

Even with the Sigil swapping feature:

-A Legendary is still not better than 40 Ascendeds in term of convenience, except for people who have only 1-2 character with small inventory and Bank

- A legendary is no match for 40 Ascendeds in term of build customization, it may have slight advantage in the variety of stats but lose big time in the variety of weapon type as well as the quantity( both purchase the same number of Sigils ).

-A legendary is much more beautiful looking. This is the only real benefit of Legendary over Ascendeds, and the main reason people go for them.

(edited by Dragonax.6487)

Posted by: Varg.6295

Varg.6295

The reason for the high prizes is the inflation. Nothing more and nothing less. As players got used to the content, obtaining gold has become a lot easier over the last years.
The prizes are just that high because there are players around who will/would pay regardless of the cost.

‘’Buying gold’’ you mean ?
Prices are ’’that’’ high because people can buy gold.

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

How will this impact the market on sigils?

That is the question that should be asked here. The amount of work required to craft a legendary weapon does not warrant a ruined sigil market, the price of some costly sigils would plummet heavily.

Back in GW1 there was a salvage kit that removed weapon and armor addons without destroying the items tied to them, it was a salvage kit obtainable in-game. GW1 and GW2 were both B2P games with no subscription, why is this item not an in-game purchase in GW2? Gems can be bought with gold but the cost of such a kit far exceeds ANY of the sigils’s prices, it’s not worth it. Adding a Perfect Salvage Kit to GW2 would fix this problem without throwing the prices of sigils under the bus just to cater to the lazy.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

You do not need to make multiple copies of same legendary to get different sigil combination. All you need to do is make extra ascended and apply your legendary skin through wardrobe, that’s all. Stop justify this feature with the reason of legendary being too expensive because if you just want the skin, it’s in your wardrobe.
Your excuse doesn’t work yknow.

You do realize you just agreed with my statement. I was pointing out to someone else previously who said the price of legendaries would skyrocket if they made this change and countering that by saying no one is making multiple legendaries to do that as they would just make an ascended and reskin it which is what we do now. Thank you for supporting my point.

Andraus.3874

How will this impact the market on sigils?

That is the question that should be asked here. The amount of work required to craft a legendary weapon does not warrant a ruined sigil market, the price of some costly sigils would plummet heavily.

Back in GW1 there was a salvage kit that removed weapon and armor addons without destroying the items tied to them, it was a salvage kit obtainable in-game. GW1 and GW2 were both B2P games with no subscription, why is this item not an in-game purchase in GW2? Gems can be bought with gold but the cost of such a kit far exceeds ANY of the sigils’s prices, it’s not worth it. Adding a Perfect Salvage Kit to GW2 would fix this problem without throwing the prices of sigils under the bus just to cater to the lazy.

How many people with legendaries are switching around expensive sigils constantly? Maybe a very very few do this but primarily the sigils people will switch are the slaying sigils which already is dirt cheap, which is why people do it.

This is a terrible argument nothing is going to happen to the sigil market. Did anything happen to the ascended crafting mat market when legendaries were stat selectable? Nope. If someone wants different sigils/stats for WvW and they currently own a legendary, most of them are just using exotic and re skinning it or maybe making ascended and reskinning it.However I’m not opposed to having to unlock the sigils by owning one or applying it to the weapon so it’s stored in the legendary weapon to be swapped later.

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

This idea isn’t all bad.
I think it could work if it had the same kind of mechanic as the Matrix Cube Key:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Matrix_Cube_Key

But on a grander scale. Basically you have to acquire the sigil first (via salvaging or or TP) and then take the sigil and your weapon to an NPC to add it’s “power” to your legendary weapon. Then you can have free switch usage on those sigils as and when you want.

To just give them the option outright is not something i would support, but players should be rewarded for gaining the sigil in the first place, but would be consumed by the NPC so you couldn’t just buy “infuse” and sell again.

… If that makes any sense at all lol

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Having a legendary should be more than fx, slightly more damage and selectable stats. I suggest that each legendary have a unique utility slot associated with it with 2-3 unique skills to choose from. I don’t have a one, but it isn’t worth all the effort to craft one at the moment imo.

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

I guess i haven’t had enough bong hits to understand why you’d make an expensive thing when you know what features it has then kitten about the lack of features and demand it has more

floats away

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

Having a legendary should be more than fx, slightly more damage and selectable stats. I suggest that each legendary have a unique utility slot associated with it with 2-3 unique skills to choose from. I don’t have a one, but it isn’t worth all the effort to craft one at the moment imo.

No, to higher damage as that gives advantage over other players and can lead to ruining the Trinity. (especially in PvP and WvW), giving an unfair advantage.
Selectable stats, it already has that within the confines of the trinity, once again!
Unique Utility slot… Just no, pointless.
2-3 unique skills… and what if those skills are not as good as the standard weapon after a nerf, or become OP? more trouble than it’s worth, and again gives an advantage over others!

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk