Legendary Weapons Still Requiring HoT

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I had forgotten just how fail HoT maps were until I decided to go for The Shining Blade.

Can we please stop making Legendary Weapon recipes that require over 100 HoT mastery points. HoT has been out for 2 years now and we still chaining new Legendary Weapons to that mess. Isn’t HoT map completion punishment enough?

Got another 40 mastery points to grind out and I don’t think they are going to be any less garbage pve than map completion of Tangled Depths already was. Or the joke of having to wait for a meta train to even do map completion in Dragon Stand.

solutions,
- reduce mastery rank requirement for the gifts
- remove mastery rank requirement for the gifts
- add an alternative vendor for the mastery gifts
- remove the mastery gifts from legendary weapons going forward

I don’t know if I am making any sense or maybe I am alone.

/end of rant

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Or…… and try to stay with me on this……..

An alt gift recipe in PoF

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

The reason these legendaries require HoT is because they are the HoT Legendaries. They promised us a full cluster of legendaries with HoT and so they are all intrinsically tied to HoT. Until they’ve finished the set no Legendaries should be tied to PoF

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

The reason these legendaries require HoT is because they are the HoT Legendaries. They promised us a full cluster of legendaries with HoT and so they are all intrinsically tied to HoT. Until they’ve finished the set no Legendaries should be tied to PoF

They only promised the original 3 to be released with HoT. The rest were to be released with new content as we went along.

But back to the OP.

No. You’ve presented no credible reason for this change. You’ve only stated “I don’t like doing this, so I shouldn’t have to do it for the reward.”

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

They only promised the original 3 to be released with HoT. The rest were to be released with new content as we went along.

But back to the OP.

No. You’ve presented no credible reason for this change. You’ve only stated “I don’t like doing this, so I shouldn’t have to do it for the reward.”

No, they actively promised ALL the new legendaries, then they couldn’t deliver and only gave us 3, they have since been working on delivering the rest. They still did actually promise all of the legendaries with HoT, as such these are all still the HoT legendaries as far as I’m concerned.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

But back to the OP.

No, they actively promised ALL the new legendaries, then they couldn’t deliver and only gave us 3, they have since been working on delivering the rest. They still did actually promise all of the legendaries with HoT, as such these are all still the HoT legendaries as far as I’m concerned.

I remember differently but lets agree to disagree.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

Legendary weapons are for legendary people.
Do you think a legendary person is afraid of a few snot chucking bugs?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Map completion isn’t that difficult on HoT maps with the HP trains. I did it recently in maybe six(?) hours or so but I’m not entirely sure as I wasn’t keeping track. The tradeoff with needing HoT map masteries maxed is that you do not need to do world completion. Masteries are also a one-time thing so subsequent legendaries will be easier to craft.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

Legendaries are for end game, HoT content is end game, fits together perfectly. you should be doing legendaries last, and they should require epic journeys of epic proportions, no issues with requiring 100+ mastery points

Posted by: Alanar.9854

Alanar.9854

Yeah, follow an HP train and you’ll get completion quick. They also buffed nodes for gathering the required map-specific materials to show up around major event areas. When I did Nevermore last year it was much more of a grind. Plus, the masteries are a one-time thing and then you can just skip that headache for the next legend you want from the HoT set. Working on The Shining Blade now myself actually. Best of luck!

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

But back to the OP.

The bew content is hot content and the gen 2 legendaries are gen 2 legendaries.