Legendary Weapons and Anti-farming system

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: midsummer.8237

midsummer.8237

I understand that the Anti-farming system is to keep gold farmer from doing their thing, but the legendary weapons are very expensive mats wise so farming is needed. Also if this is to keep the value of gems high then why doesn’t the gems per gold and vise versa just be bumped up?

Also there are some people who like farming and doing this puts a damper on them being able to do what they like.

Posted by: Lysidian.4653

Lysidian.4653

Yeah….. GL on getting a response from ANET on this. Only responses you will get will be from players like me who agree with you, or from the white knight zealots who dont think you should be allowed to grind mobs / have to change local every 30 mins.

Plenty of threads already talking about this.

Posted by: Dware.4259

Dware.4259

They want you to buy gems, seems pretty str8 forward to me. ANET needs to make money some how.

Posted by: Animus.6073

Animus.6073

Legendary weapons should take a long time to acquire. In case you haven’t noticed, and I don’t mean to sound condescending, ANet frowns upon “speed clearing” content.

That is why there are no mounts, dungeons have diminishing returns, there are constant fixes to exploits that allow speed clearing, despite the dire need to fix other aspects of the game; their priorities are crystal clear.

Diminishing returns don’t simply exist to stop gold farmers. They are in place to stop people from getting legendary weapons too quickly. The game has been out for a month and people are already acquiring them.

Think back to vanilla WoW. I know it was well over a month (probably over 3-4 but my memory is hazy) before I got my first set of epics from Molten Core. It felt epic because it took a really long time. I imagine ANet is aiming to create that same feeling in their game.

Posted by: Prophet.6954

Prophet.6954

If you look at the hundreds and hundreds of complaints, changing locals no longer works anymore post patch. Reportedly, you have to switch characters every 30 minutes, to not get whacked by substantial diminishing returns.

Posted by: Revenant.2691

Revenant.2691

Meh, if they wanted to make legendaries harder to get, maybe they should have made challenging content like in GW1. Have no trouble clearing dungeons with pickup groups 99% of the time and everything outdoors is soloable and laughably easy at that. Some parts of GW1 were nintendo hard, though.

Posted by: Soulwatcher.2604

Soulwatcher.2604

If you look at the hundreds and hundreds of complaints, changing locals no longer works anymore post patch. Reportedly, you have to switch characters every 30 minutes, to not get whacked by substantial diminishing returns.

Good thing it put a stop to the bots………. Oh wait a minute never mind there still here!

Posted by: Windklinge.4076

Windklinge.4076

the current form of getting a legendary has no future. thats already for sure. just wait it out. the nerf WILL come. it will come the second the majority of this games playerbase realizies how dumb the current RNG and curreny based legendary grind is and will cry and moan until they change it. so its only a matter of time.

anyone who defends RNG or curreny based system as endgame content should really go and let a doctor check thier head.

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

I understand that the Anti-farming system is to keep gold farmer from doing their thing

LOL. If ONLY it was stopping them. In fact they are just getting worse. In the end it’s only hurting the real live players that are trying to farm crafting mats or something like that.

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
ยป My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

Posted by: Dro.8541

Dro.8541

The only thing in this game that takes time is Legendary Weapons. Level 80 in 3 days World Completion in a Week, and i have a guild member halfway to getting a Legendary already. Im not sure whats supposed to take up our time here. People are blowing through this game like it was a fat kid eating a ice cream sunday. End game content is near non existent. And if i hear one more person saying WvW is the end game i will blow a fuse

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

I’m disappointed that ANet would have such horribly low rates for item drops with ridiculous requirements, and then spout out the “we don’t want you to grind” bs while in fact designing systems which flat out require it, but I’m not surprised. After all, I was there in GW1 from the beginning and saw grind just continue to get added and added as chapters/content got added.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I created a thread about alternatives to getting the precursor weapons as the prices for them continue climb sky high here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Make-legendary-base-weapons-available-for-karma/first#post318838

Sadly, a lot of people are actually defending the cost of those weapons. But the purpose of the thread was to discuss and suggest alternative ways that Anet could possible put into the game that would remain challenging yet fun. All the while making you feel like you are making progress towards your chosen weapon.

I don’t want it easier to get the precursor weapons, I just don’t want to rely on a fickle market and rng to get them.