Legendary Weapons

Legendary Weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daedalus.9382

Daedalus.9382

Hello forums,

It is becoming a growing topic as we progress further and further in regards to legendaries. At what point is it considered “too much work” for a “weapon skin”? This is a question I would like to ask the forums to see what others who are actually working on the legendary weapons as well what they think. I am not interested in people who are not interested in the weapons because they are not interested anyway.

I ask this question because as more and more information is discovered it is becoming readily apparent that this legendary creation process is going to be a multiple month process. That being said on any other game through my experience going over 10+ years this has been my first major mmorpg where I would invest significant effort over time in order to only get one cookie… which I cannot eat so to speak because there is no statistical advantage over having one.

It’s like buying a Lamborghini with a 2.0L Ti-VCT GDI I-4 aka — The engine a Ford Focus would have. Within the group of people creating legendaries on our server we all are mutually in agreement that there should be some kind of advantage to having one.. even if its only a 10% stat over an exotic weapon.

Guild Wars 2 is a great game but the lack of competitive PvE rewards limp noodles game play and considering its just release… content should be promoted with values as expansions/major patch are most likely at least 6 months out.

Legendary Weapons

Posted by: Lctl.6198

Lctl.6198

Why? So only an elite hardcore % of players benefit from it?

Making it only cosmetic is more than enough for prestige. Why would want to feel superior to others above that?

The game was not designed for a gear progression system, nor it should be., as its not its selling point.

I strongly believe legendaries should be a pita to get. I dont even care if i never touch one, but ill sure pat the guy’ wearing one.

(edited by Lctl.6198)

Legendary Weapons

Posted by: Bloodtau.4672

Bloodtau.4672

Too much work for a skin?
Then don’t do the work. SImple.

Legendary Weapons

Posted by: Faolchu.1629

Faolchu.1629

Their stats are slightly better than an exotic and they are spicy looking without being op.

Many have already been crafted across the servers so I don’t think they are topo imbalances for their ease of crafting.

You don’t want only the strongest guilds who can farm karma and skill points quickly in pvp by training maps to be even more powerful just because they are able to rush something that others may have to work hard for.

Does it give them a tiny advantage? Yes.
Does it give them bragging rights? Yes.
Does it make them look like magical ponies when you die from rainbow arrows? Absolutely.

But its not to the extent of being op and just adds a little uniqueness to the game. I honestly doubt Anet planned for them to be crafted so quickly but hey, if there’s a will, there’s a way.

I think they’re fine currently the way they are and eagerly await more to be added.

“Significant ranger improvements coming in the next patch. "-Jon Peters, Nov. 2012…

(edited by Faolchu.1629)

Legendary Weapons

Posted by: Beltaine.8402

Beltaine.8402

Clearly you never played Everquest.

Epics were not the be all end all weapon for each class, but they lookedkittencool and it required considerable work and time invested to earn one.

What are you going to do in PVE with your 10% stat bonus? Farm your second legendary 10% faster?

The unique skin is enough of a reward. It’s fine. If it’s not enough for you, don’t get one.

Legendary Weapons

Lctl.6198

Thats odd, screenshots? Last i saw during tests was legendaries having same stats as exotics.

Got screenies?

Legendary Weapons

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

You aren’t forced to get it as it has the same stats as exotics. If it were easy to obtain then everyone would have it making it less special

Legendary Weapons

Posted by: Untouch.2541

Untouch.2541

They wouldn’t be legendary if they were easy to get.
Some numbers need to be tweaked, but this isn’t one of them.

By the way, they aren’t better than exotic, look up Dontain’s video.

Legendary Weapons

Posted by: Bloodtau.4672

Bloodtau.4672

Thats odd, screenshots? Last i saw during tests was legendaries having same stats as exotics.

Got screenies?

Someone pulled their texture sheets and models from a .dat file during BWE3

Legendary Weapons

Faolchu.1629

Got screenies?

Haha I may have miss-spoken, I was going from gw2db, they could be same stats now-a-days but even better then.

No gaps for strong farm guilds!

That’ll learn em.

“Significant ranger improvements coming in the next patch. "-Jon Peters, Nov. 2012…

Legendary Weapons

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Its LEGENDARY dude. They should take a long time and be hard as kittens to get.

And Anet knows how to do hard weapons. Destroyer, Tormented, Oppressor, and Envoy sets took at the very least a month of solid focused game-play to the cause for the easier ones and well approaching or over a year for the higher end stuff.

So no, there is never “too much work” for a skin. In fact, the more work it is, the more rare the skin becomes, to more the prestige of having it. This has been posted a million other places, but ill add it again since some people must have missed it:

Guild Wars isn’t and never was about players getting their jollies by having a belt buckle that gives them a stat based advantage over other players. Guild Wars is and has always been about player’s getting their jollies by being more skilled than other players…and having a bad kitten belt buckle to show off an accomplishment to all passersby.

I feel sorry for your disposition. If they follow the same trend they are known for, every content patch and expansion is just going to increase the time and investment needed to create these skins. Destroyer → Envoy , Obsidian → Vabbian.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Legendary Weapons

Daedalus.9382

I would like to see some of this listed evidence showing that people have this stuff. I have kudzu, both gift of wood & gift of nature and the bloodstone shard and I had a ton of time off work in between release and now. I was the second guy to 80 on my server and currently the best geared most achieving Ranger on the server and I am not even close to getting my legendary yet. Who are all these alleged people getting this stuff who are magically not posting any screen shots of their weapons or bragging at all.

Much less the fact that people are still clueless as to how to complete the weapons.

Lastly, “Lctl.6198” Yes that is the point i’m making. Only elite/hardcore people should benefit for being elite and hardcore… like every other game.

Also… in regards to all the “Dude its a legendary it is supposed to be hard” bs. You are not reading my post correctly. I am not argueing the path to legendary being challenging I am arguing the items are not worthy of the title of legendary.

(edited by Daedalus.9382)

Legendary Weapons

Lctl.6198

I would like to see some of this listed evidence showing that people have this stuff. I have kudzu, both gift of wood & gift of nature and the bloodstone shard and I had a ton of time off work in between release and now. I was the second guy to 80 on my server and currently the best geared most achieving Ranger on the server and I am not even close to getting my legendary yet. Who are all these alleged people getting this stuff who are magically not posting any screen shots of their weapons or bragging at all.

Much less the fact that people are still clueless as to how to complete the weapons.

Lastly, “Lctl.6198” Yes that is the point i’m making. Only elite/hardcore people should benefit for being elite and hardcore… like every other game.

Then im sorry, your chasing the wrong carrot.

The best gear is attainable even by the idiot with a full time job requiring extra hours now and then, while managing the kid school schedule, the kid playtime and family fun( sounds familiar……..).

So I am not sorry to say guild wars2 is not a game where a select elite steamrolls everyone because they have more time than the poor jerk above.

Just cause it seems you like to do so, doesnt mean it should be. GW2 is not “every other game”.

And im very glad for that.

Edit : in reply to your edit, yes it is very much so entitled to be named legendary due to the sheer fact its so hard to get. That alone will net awe from others. The fact you ( in theory) worked your socks off to get it.

It should not, ever ( a slight power increase im ok with tbh, like going from 900-1000 base dmg to 914-1015 on a sword for exmple), allow you to be extra powerful against anyone, be it on pve or pvp.

Thats not what the game is about.

(edited by Lctl.6198)

Legendary Weapons

Faolchu.1629

Yeah, I pity da foo who thinks that no life = the right to be op.

Welcome to a semi-balanced non gear based game.

Legendary Weapons

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

I don’t get it. If you’re so elite/hardcore you don’t need a 10% stat advantage to be better than everyone else do you?

Legendary Weapons

Posted by: Saaby.5749

Saaby.5749

What is the recipes for legendary weapons anyways?

Legendary Weapons

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

I adore Anet for not having a hugely tiered gear system. That is the entire point of both GW and GW2. If you don’t like it there are tons of other games that happily cater to this style of gameplay. Anyone that knew anything about GW2 or played GW knew this going into the game.

Legendary Weapons

Posted by: Tradewind.6913

Tradewind.6913

Unless I’m mistaken… When were legendaries just a “skin”? They’re a tier higher than exotics, better stats.

Legendary Weapons

AcidicVision.5498

Also… in regards to all the “Dude its a legendary it is supposed to be hard” bs. You are not reading my post correctly. I am not argueing the path to legendary being challenging I am arguing the items are not worthy of the title of legendary.

See…that right there is where you are screwing up. Did players from other games think they would flood in to this one and complain enough to change the entire design philosophy to fit what they are used to?

From day 1, and in countless interviews, videos, press statements and forum posts over the years since, it has been said repeatedly and plainly…max stat gear will be easily available to every single player. Dungeon, elite, prestige gear will be AESTHETIC only. Everyone stat wise is on an even playing field (hi balance), but the people that get to look the coolest and get the best titles are the ones that put forth the time and effort.

So the absolute best looking things, with the most impressive effects, in a game where the rarity of an item is determined by the uniqueness of its appearance are in fact…legendary.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Legendary Weapons

Lctl.6198

Unless I’m mistaken… When were legendaries just a “skin”? They’re a tier higher than exotics, better stats.

So far ive yet to see evidence on this:(

The only thing of notice is a rumor on 10% better stats.

For all other info, they retain exotic stats with a unique skin.

Legendary Weapons

Daedalus.9382

Wow… check out the pencil measuring up in here. Lctl.6198 your arguement is invalid because I have all the traits of your “victim” who apparently cant play a game from a competitive level. My guild must also be a write off because we are the top guild on our server yet we have people with all careers ranging from desk jobs to military and families as simple as basic marriages to people with kids who are handicapped. Obviously we all have no lives.

I also don’t see how “legendaries” = no life. It’s extremely easy to achieve overtime in regards to all the items required are easily solo able minus dungeons which are easily group able. The only “difficult” factors is its a giant time sink with a RNG powering it.

My arguement is that it is too great of a “Time Sink” for the stat reward. In regards to Archer.6485: that would be on the weapon. Considering all the other stats on your character it would equalize to maybe 3% more then everybody else which is tiny as heck and not game breaking at all.

Lastly, given the amount of time spent gaming in general our natural reflexes and pvp experience allow us to steam roll people anyway so i fail to grasp how 3% stat is going to drastically change anything or cause us to steam roll “that much” more efficiently.

Legendary Weapons

Posted by: knightblaster.8027

knightblaster.8027

I like the current setup. If you really need a carrot to spend the effort to get the legendary weapon beyond the rather obvious (and very uncommon, given the time required) look of the weapon, then this isn’t a game designed for you. The idea of stat capping and then having long time commitments for unique looks is a part of Guild Wars, from the first game. Many MMO vets are kittening about this, because they want their stat advantage, but that’s not the basic philosophy of GW or Anet.

Legendary Weapons

Posted by: DirtyHoudini.2917

DirtyHoudini.2917

I must be the only one to agree with you. Now I do understand what other people are saying and I do agree with them as well but I think there is a middle ground. The weapon can have something else besides more power and more stats. Something that would make it truly legendary besides just an aesthetic.

But a small stat gain would be nice, even if abysmal, to see that you have higher numbers on your weapon compared to others does make you feel like you achieved more.

Legendary Weapons

Lctl.6198

Wow… check out the pencil measuring up in here. Lctl.6198 your arguement is invalid because I have all the traits of your “victim” who apparently cant play a game from a competitive level. My guild must also be a write off because we are the top guild on our server yet we have people with all careers ranging from desk jobs to military and families as simple as basic marriages to people with kids who are handicapped. Obviously we all have no lives.

I also don’t see how “legendaries” = no life. It’s extremely easy to achieve overtime in regards to all the items required are easily solo able minus dungeons which are easily group able. The only “difficult” factors is its a giant time sink with a RNG powering it.

My arguement is that it is too great of a “Time Sink” for the stat reward. In regards to Archer.6485: that would be on the weapon. Considering all the other stats on your character it would equalize to maybe 3% more then everybody else which is tiny as heck and not game breaking at all.

Lastly, given the amount of time spent gaming in general our natural reflexes and pvp experience allow us to steam roll people anyway so i fail to grasp how 3% stat is going to drastically change anything or cause us to steam roll “that much” more efficiently.

Wowa, easy there mate.

First of all, what exactly is your point then?

First you want legendaries to be uber-1337 weapons of mass destruction, not just skins.

Then You finish saying yout natural reflexes allow you to kill anyone anyway?

Wha?

Mate, its simple. The game is not gear based , and i hope it never will.
Legendaries != no life, not like theyre atm. They would be for the measure you wish they were.

Stop playing the game for gear, start playing it for the skill you so eagerly boost you have.

Kudos to you and your guild. Now leave a cosmetic part of the game alone, and dont force changes where theyre not needed.

And before you say “who da fudge are you to tell ME how to play the game”, im merely reinforcing what GW2 is using Anet own words ( and hoping not to distort them too much).

So again, if your so godlike at this, why not settle for the skin showing how awesome you are)

Legendary Weapons

Daedalus.9382

I like the current setup. If you really need a carrot to spend the effort to get the legendary weapon beyond the rather obvious (and very uncommon, given the time required) look of the weapon, then this isn’t a game designed for you. The idea of stat capping and then having long time commitments for unique looks is a part of Guild Wars, from the first game. Many MMO vets are kittening about this, because they want their stat advantage, but that’s not the basic philosophy of GW or Anet.

I know that but this is why I am fighting it. I am flailing my kittens hard and will keep kittening until the day I die of allergies from the fluff of fallen kittens.

Legendary Weapons

Posted by: knightblaster.8027

knightblaster.8027

I know that but this is why I am fighting it. I am flailing my kittens hard and will keep kittening until the day I die of allergies from the fluff of fallen kittens.

That’s fine, but you’re pissing into the wind on this one. The position of Anet on stat capped gear as a level field is as strong as their position against subscription fees — it’s pretty much a core of their design vision that runs through every aspect of the game (as it did for the first one). You’re not going to get what you want here, because you’re attacking a core design philosophy of Anet.

Legendary Weapons

Lctl.6198

But a small stat gain would be nice, even if abysmal, to see that you have higher numbers on your weapon compared to others does make you feel like you achieved more.

why oO ?

Thats the main question isnt it?

Why do you feel like the item need better stats on a game that promotes skill?

Its a UNIQUE skin. It shows you worked for it. You did what others only wish they could do.

Why give it more stats?

Its not a stat/gear based game.

Legendary Weapons

Daedalus.9382

I must be the only one to agree with you. Now I do understand what other people are saying and I do agree with them as well but I think there is a middle ground. The weapon can have something else besides more power and more stats. Something that would make it truly legendary besides just an aesthetic.

No your not alone. There is a ton of people who feel this way they just are not very active on the forums. The forums are not an accurate reflection of the overall gaming community and also there is only about 3 or 4 people here actively challenging my perspective which is very minor considering in game I haven’t spoken much about it but already have like 100 people all feeling the same way as me within two guilds alone. This is a deep rooted question that I feel will be forever ongoing.

Legendary Weapons

Daedalus.9382

That’s fine, but you’re pissing into the wind on this one. The position of Anet on stat capped gear as a level field is as strong as their position against subscription fees — it’s pretty much a core of their design vision that runs through every aspect of the game (as it did for the first one). You’re not going to get what you want here, because you’re attacking a core design philosophy of Anet.

It’s a good thing my Kitten Granary is full this fall from hefty kat production.

Legendary Weapons

Posted by: Valkyrie.2678

Valkyrie.2678

Alrighty, now let’s take a look at PRO/CON table for this topic;

Cosmetic-wise-only progression;

PROs:

1. You’ll know that none of nolifers will have a character that is four times stronger than yours.

2. Due to #1, nobody will crush you in WvWvW.

3. People in town will know that you’ve achieved something hard by crafting a legendary because crafting a legendary is not an easy process. They’ll notice your legendary item from miles away.

CONs:

1. You won’t be able to sell your soul to the devil and achieve OP items while others have lower level items. So, you won’t be able to play the god in WvWvW. -not much of a CON eh?-

I think this is an awesome system.

Legendary Weapons

AcidicVision.5498

The forums are not an accurate reflection of the overall gaming community and also there is only about 3 or 4 people here actively challenging my perspective which is very minor considering in game I haven’t spoken much about it but already have like 100 people all feeling the same way as me within two guilds alone. This is a deep rooted question that I feel will be forever ongoing.

But it’s not a question. And it won’t be ongoing forever. Legendary and prestige equipment will always be aesthetic only. That’s one of the core tenets of the game. The day you see that change is the day you can buy a +200% xp sword from the cash-shop and they announce a $15 mo. sub fee. It’s never going to happen.

The only question you and your friends have now is whether or not you want to spend the time and resources chasing skins. Or what else you will focus on since legendaries aren’t worth it to you.

You can kitten on the forums and in /m all you want, but you will always get the same response. Regardless of how many silent/vocal supporters you might have.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Legendary Weapons

Posted by: Pug.7564

Pug.7564

What is the recipes for legendary weapons anyways?

If you have to ask, you can’t afford it!

Here’s a link to the currently known recipe formula for legendary weapons: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/ztiai/the_current_state_of_legendary_research/c67paw6

Legendary Weapons

Posted by: endless.1376

endless.1376

So if I don’t want to be the best player or strive to be the most skilled player than Guild Wars 2 isn’t for me?

Legendary Weapons

Lctl.6198

So if I don’t want to be the best player or strive to be the most skilled player than Guild Wars 2 isn’t for me?

Youll have to explain me that one, sorry. Totally lost me

Legendary Weapons

endless.1376

If I don’t want to strive for skins to show off my leetness. I mean I personally don’t care to get a legendary for the skins only. That to me is a complete and utter waste of time. To me personally it is.

I want to get weapons and gear with special affixes or procs that are fun and allow the building of a special build for my profession. Just grinding for tokens in a dungeon to get gear that is only for a skin seems boring. I don’t care what others think of me nor do I want to show it off. I simply want to make the most of the game and have all the fun I can with it. So obtaining skins aren’t fun, and thus this makes the legendary’s completely pointless.

Legendary Weapons

Archer.6485

Daedalus.9382, you’re obsessing about these numbers even though you yourself claim they wouldn’t make any actual difference in combat. To me that’s a bit ridiculus. You get the skin and that’s all you need to set yourself above the rest.

You claim to have over a 100 people agreeing with you and that’s fine but I can tell you there have been countless numbers of people who have been praising Anet’s gear cap philosophy since years before the release and I can assure you this philosophy won’t just go away.

If you’re a top player in a top guild you should probably start understanding what this game is actually about, cause I can tell you right now, it’s not about number chasing.

Legendary Weapons

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

Legendaries are not supposed to be for everyone, people need to accept that. We’re talking the top .5% players (which is still 10,000 accounts) that get these weapons.

The amount of work/farming/whatever that goes into getting the required materials for these weapons is absolutely staggering and rightly so. I think it’s a much better system than something like Rago’s Flame Staff or Rotwing Bow from Prophecies that rely on random drops, admittedly after some crazy fights.

Legendary Weapons

Lctl.6198

If I don’t want to strive for skins to show off my leetness. I mean I personally don’t care to get a legendary for the skins only. That to me is a complete and utter waste of time. To me personally it is.

I want to get weapons and gear with special affixes or procs that are fun and allow the building of a special build for my profession. Just grinding for tokens in a dungeon to get gear that is only for a skin seems boring. I don’t care what others think of me nor do I want to show it off. I simply want to make the most of the game and have all the fun I can with it. So obtaining skins aren’t fun, and thus this makes the legendary’s completely pointless.

So basicaly, you want stats?

Then legendary seeking is not for you, no.

If you mean stat progression over exotics, thrn your correct aswell, gw2 is most probably not for you either.

Edit : if you manage to put that apart, and redesign the concept of best/better player to something along the lines of “most adaptive, coordinated” player, then guild wars2 has a chance to retain you as a player.

Bigger stats != better player. Even if the item is named legen-

Wait for it.

(edited by Lctl.6198)

Legendary Weapons

endless.1376

If you mean stat progression over exotics, thrn your correct aswell, gw2 is most probably not for you either.

Yes exactly I want stats that have custom affixes they include that are fun. Basically they would say allow for all the stats exotics can have but one additional as well that provides a fun unique benefit to the wielder of the Legendary.

I don’t understand how an Action RPG doesn’t want to provide unique loot with interesting stats, especially something that is called a Legendary. It makes no sense to me, but hey it is their game…

(edited by endless.1376)

Legendary Weapons

Lctl.6198

Yes exactly I want stats that have custom things they can do that are fun. Basically they would say allow for all the stats exotics can have but one additional as well that provides a fun unique benefit to the wielder of it.

I don’t understand how an action RPG can’t want to provide unique loot with interesting stats, especially something that is called a Legendary. It makes no sense to me, but hey it is there game…

Again, you lost me.

You keep saying you want stats, yet you mention something unique.

I can work with that last part.

Instead of stats, have the legendary unlock you a special dance? And emote? Make everyone around you a random critter for 30seconds?(out of combat/in town).

That i agree with. Would even vote for .

Increased stats ? You wont ever get me aboard that train .

Legendary Weapons

endless.1376

Yes exactly I want stats that have custom things they can do that are fun. Basically they would say allow for all the stats exotics can have but one additional as well that provides a fun unique benefit to the wielder of it.

I don’t understand how an action RPG can’t want to provide unique loot with interesting stats, especially something that is called a Legendary. It makes no sense to me, but hey it is there game…

Again, you lost me.

Instead of stats, have the legendary unlock you a special dance? And emote? Make everyone around you a random critter for 30seconds?

No, it would have the stats every exotic weapon has, and in addition it would say drop elites (like legendary city guards) from your respective race to fight by your side for X seconds (can’t proc more than 1 time every 3 minutes). You must not play action rpg’s I guess.

The stats themselves would not be higher than what appears on an exotic weapon however. They wouldn’t be raised simply cause the weapon is legendary. But each legendary would have an awesome ability unique to each one. Not something pointless like summons critters or whatever, but something that makes you powerful in PvE!

Legendary Weapons

Archer.6485

Sorry but no. If you want to be powerful in Pve you learn to play better, or make a better build. Anet didn’t decide this by accident. They made a list of all the problmes traditional mmos faced and this was one of them. Time investment over skill is frustrating to everyone except those who have large amounts of time. I have plenty of time right now but I don’t feel like I deserve extra advantages for that. I’m perfectly fine with enjoying the fact that people are impressed with my world completion star and once I get my first legendary I’ll be perfectly fine with just the skin.

Legendary Weapons

Lctl.6198

Again, you lost me.

Instead of stats, have the legendary unlock you a special dance? And emote? Make everyone around you a random critter for 30seconds?

No, it would have the stats every exotic weapon has, and in addition it would say drop elites (like legendary city guards) from your respective race to fight by your side for X seconds (can’t proc more than 1 time every 3 minutes). You must not play action rpg’s I guess.

The stats themselves would not be higher than what appears on an exotic weapon however. They wouldn’t be raised simply cause the weapon is legendary. But each legendary would have an awesome ability unique to each one. Not something pointless like summons critters or whatever, but something that makes you powerful in PvE!

Again, in town and out of combat, i agree.
But that idea for actual combat is not GW2.

Why not introduce item rating while your at it ?

I can see it already, “lfg Ac explo, be legendary or dont bother”.

Bring the player, not the math.

I ran AC with two lvl 25( other was 28), we cleared it (story mode), better than with 30+.

its a skill based game, knowing what your fighting and how to counter.

Im all in favour of fluff. But not infl favour of something that is a deal breaker, as it would render every other gear useless and pointless.

Cosmetic/fluff = hell yeah!

Legendary Weapons

endless.1376

Well then I revert to my prior statement. Grinding all that time and effort for something that is nothing more than a skin is not fun to me. If a Legendary is truly legendary in power and not just appearance then it is awesome!

I mean hey if I want to play a purely skill based game I wouldn’t be playing this game at all. LoL is a skill based game with a very steep leveling curve and it is free.

I was hoping this game would have unique PvE items that allow you make custom builds otherwise what is the point in the long run? Play dress up to show off my skill? Grinding isn’t skill…it is grinding.

Legendary Weapons

Posted by: Viking.1950

Viking.1950

The basic problem is that if you make legendaries better than exotics then everybody will need to be able to get them if you will have any chance at a balanced game, especially in pvp. But then you can’t have them be ridiculously hard to put together. If they are only slightly harder to get than exotics then you simply have another tier to get to. But then if they are not hard to get they are not very special. If you do make them really really hard to get then they are special but having the extra stats creates the imbalance.

This is exactly why ArenaNet came up with this system we have. Exotics take some work to get but they are very attainable. Everybody can get bis. and because there is no progression beyond this you have your level playing field that the original Guild Wars was famous for. However, for those who what something special. Something cool. something with bragging rights that will never get nerfed into being common place because the raid was later made so stupid easy anyone could walk up to the final boss, put a boot up his back side and walk off with the sword of uber. That is why having legendaries that are only cosmetically better is so great. Because they don’t have necessary stats they never need to be made easy to obtain.

The mountain is still there to climb but you also get a level playing field for pvp because scaling the mountain isn’t needed for pvp.

Legendary Weapons

Lctl.6198

Well then I revert to my prior statement. Grinding all that time and effort for something that is nothing more than a skin is not fun to me. If a Legendary is truly legendary in power and not just appearance then it is awesome!

I mean hey if I want to play a purely skill based game I wouldn’t be playing this game at all. LoL is a skill based game with a very steep leveling curve and it is free.

I was hoping this game would have unique PvE items that allow you make custom builds otherwise what is the point in the long run? Play dress up to show off my skill? Grinding isn’t skill…it is grinding.

Then i really am sorry to say that, you shouldve researched the game and its goals better.

Legendary Weapons

endless.1376

I think that a lot of you Guild Wars types think that ArenaNet made this game with the same intention of making this game PvP focused. But that just isn’t the case. I have no doubts they will be catering to both crowds, but we just currently don’t know how they will yet cause the game is still new.

I don’t really want end game tiered items, and I think or hope a developer understands what I mean when I type that. What I want, and perhaps other action rpg enthusiasts want/expect, is simply unique loot affixes on gear and weapons that make the game even more fun. And that applies to any level range of content, since there is no ‘end game’ focus per se. Making a unique build with unique armor and weapon sets can be a lot of fun.

I was just hoping that Legendary’s would follow this line of thinking, but if it doesn’t than whoopty doo. Something tells me though that Legendary’s won’t just be for the skins though.

Legendary Weapons

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

Special affixes?
Some of the runes have pretty wacky effects.
For example my Necro has a full Grenth Rune set and every time I use my healing skill a shiny frost spell effect appears and chills enemies near me!
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune

As for legendaries… Well they are “just” skins.
By that I mean they actually have awesome visual special effects.

You can see the beta versions of Twilight and Sunrise on this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plCpEbV158k

Benight[Edge]

Legendary Weapons

endless.1376

Special affixes?
Some of the runes have pretty wacky effects.
For example my Necro has a full Grenth Rune set and every time I use my healing skill a shiny frost spell effect appears and chills enemies near me!
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune

As for legendaries… Well they are “just” skins.
By that I mean they actually have awesome visual special effects.

You can see the beta versions of Twilight and Sunrise on this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plCpEbV158k

Yeah! And that is pretty cool isn’t it? A chance to freeze enemies by doing something while playing the game. I think you get it, but this is beginning to veer off the topic of the thread. That seems cool to me at least, and apparently you as well.

Legendary Weapons

Posted by: Honner.1936

Honner.1936

If they were easy to get and everyone could craft one easy then it will be a rare item not legendary.