Legendary Zap

Legendary Zap

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Valin.6873

Valin.6873

Question..
I have got all three parts out of four to make the Legendary Zap BUT the precursor.. sucks but i’m still working my hardest on trying to make it.

Whats the best way to get the precursor as I’ve only got around 200g at the moment and working on trying to complete it.

Also very sorry if this is the wrong fourms, rarely post on them.

-Valin

<Dagger/Dagger Elementalist> <Gates of Madness>

Legendary Zap

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Buy gems, convert to gold, buy zap off TP.

Legendary Zap

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The only two realistic options are to try your luck with the Mystic Forge or save up and buy it.

If you get lucky and get it in relatively few tries the MF can be cheaper, but it’s equally possible you’ll spend far more than it would have cost to just buy it and be left with nothing at all.

Personally I opted for saving up and buying the precursor. It took me a long time because I wasn’t farming, but I don’t fancy my luck with the forge. One thing that helped was going through my materials and my bank and selling off anything I wasn’t completely sure I’d want. It’s surprising how much that can add up to.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Legendary Zap

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

If you have a large amount of karma, go to an area with cloth armor from heart vendorsfrom level 50(?) zones, buy blue quality with karma, throw into forge, salvage into linen and sell on tp.

Use excess skill points to convert t1 materials into tier2 to sell on the market.

Run silverwastes and either throw weapons in the forge and get lucky, or sell everything.

Flip items on to

Keyfarm and hope RNG is with you to get tickets to sell BLT skins.

Best way is to make gold and save. You can probably google for tp guides or spreadsheets for flipping.

Legendary Zap

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Ugh. This is another reason why I don’t craft. Good luck getting that pre.

Gone to Reddit.

Legendary Zap

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

If you already have everything but the pre, as in all gifts etc already made, start selling off all your mats you get, you’d be amazed how much gold you can generate when you don’t bank everything.

Legendary Zap

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

Um, so can I ask a question of the OP. Why would you complete the gifts without having the pre in the first place? That makes no sense, unless you planned on buying the pre…….

Legendary Zap

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Um, so can I ask a question of the OP. Why would you complete the gifts without having the pre in the first place? That makes no sense, unless you planned on buying the pre…….

Actually, it makes perfect sense. He has all the mats he needs. Anything in collections he doesn’t need for some other item he has eyes for, he can just sell. Many people don’t realize how much their collections tab is holding.

Also, DONT STRAIGHT UP SELL TO PLACED ORDERS! Post at the higher price, people will buy (unless there is a wave of undercutting….)

Legendary Zap

Valin.6873

Thank you all for the feedback, crafted 50 rare swords and only got 3 exotics.. was my first try so i don’t mind.

Selling off other stuff and slowly making some gold. Only did those 50 rare swords as i had the mats and it was free. Gonna keep at it and trying.

Any other suggestions are always welcomed as well.

-Valin

Legendary Zap

Posted by: Targren.6073

Targren.6073

Thank you all for the feedback, crafted 50 rare swords and only got 3 exotics.. was my first try so i don’t mind.

Selling off other stuff and slowly making some gold. Only did those 50 rare swords as i had the mats and it was free. Gonna keep at it and trying.

-Valin

I really suggest you reconsider flushing them down the mystic toilet. I’m not sure what stats you’d put on your swords, but even gold 80 swords with crappy prefixes go for 30-50s a pop. Even ignoring the cost of the mats, you probably could have made more progress toward your precursor by selling the swords, or salvaging them with a mystic/BL kit and selling the ectos.

Mystic toileting is pretty much the worst way to go about it. Even running World Boss trains and “hoping” at least makes you more progress, in that you’re only out waypoint costs, so your bank acct goes up, not down, toward the precursor price.

Legendary Zap

Valin.6873

Oh.. ok. Never knew that, i can look into doing that, ty!

-Valin

-Valin

I really suggest you reconsider flushing them down the mystic toilet. I’m not sure what stats you’d put on your swords, but even gold 80 swords with crappy prefixes go for 30-50s a pop. Even ignoring the cost of the mats, you probably could have made more progress toward your precursor by selling the swords, or salvaging them with a mystic/BL kit and selling the ectos.

Mystic toileting is pretty much the worst way to go about it. Even running World Boss trains and “hoping” at least makes you more progress, in that you’re only out waypoint costs, so your bank acct goes up, not down, toward the precursor price.

Legendary Zap

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

I got Zap for about 200g when accounting for money earned back by selling exotics. My advice: buy orders for rare swords under 45 silver, forge, sell exotics for at least 3.5-4g. The “expected” price of Zap using this methodology is about 600g.

A potentially workable strategy to consider: buy a bank tab worth of T5 snowflakes to craft Givers weapons. Right now these are really cheap. But don’t craft yet! Mithril and elder wood are inflated as people are trying to craft Givers weapons. Wait for those prices to come down, then buy the metal and wood you need.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Legendary Zap

Valin.6873

Oh wow, thats not that bad over time. Also for T5 way is quite interesting.. though question.. T5 snowflakes are roughly 2s right now.. most t5 mats are around that price. Whats the difference then using regular T5 mats?

I got Zap for about 200g when accounting for money earned back by selling exotics. My advice: buy orders for rare swords under 45 silver, forge, sell exotics for at least 3.5-4g. The “expected” price of Zap using this methodology is about 600g.

A potentially workable strategy to consider: buy a bank tab worth of T5 snowflakes to craft Givers weapons. Right now these are really cheap. But don’t craft yet! Mithril and elder wood are inflated as people are trying to craft Givers weapons. Wait for those prices to come down, then buy the metal and wood you need.

Legendary Zap

timmyf.1490

Any T5 will do, Pristine Snowflakes are just a little cheaper right now, I think. 7c each may not be a lot for one, but if you’re buying 7500, it adds up.

Keep in mind this is a higher risk strategy and 200g probably isn’t enough to get your pre. If you’re willing to keep up the strategy over many months, throwing 2k or more rare swords into the Forge, though, on average it will pay off.

Legendary Zap

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Any T5 will do, Pristine Snowflakes are just a little cheaper right now, I think. 7c each may not be a lot for one, but if you’re buying 7500, it adds up.

Keep in mind this is a higher risk strategy and 200g probably isn’t enough to get your pre. If you’re willing to keep up the strategy over many months, throwing 2k or more rare swords into the Forge, though, on average it will pay off.

I roughly made 1500g by crafting givers gratswords, swords and daggers and selling them within 10 days.

2 days ago, i crafted another 60 swords but didnt have any gold for the listing fee because i had it all in buy orders. Threw them in the forge and got Zap.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Legendary Zap

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Ah. You can also save up dungeon tokens or weapon boxes from pvp reward tracks to throw in the mystic forge. That’s how I got zap, bought dusk outright with gold though back when it was ~600g.

Legendary Zap

Valin.6873

Ahh.. thank you very much I’ll slowly try this!

Legendary Zap

Valin.6873

That my friend is lucky and nice! Wish I could be you and do that! 1500g and zap is just epic. If you havet sold zap you should give it to me. :p joking.. but congrats, that’s a load of money you got now!

I roughly made 1500g by crafting givers gratswords, swords and daggers and selling them within 10 days.

2 days ago, i crafted another 60 swords but didnt have any gold for the listing fee because i had it all in buy orders. Threw them in the forge and got Zap.

Legendary Zap

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

If you’re a gamblin’ man….. THE FORGE!

Legendary Zap

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

You make no sense

Legendary Zap

Valin.6873

Yup, that’s the goal and that’s honestly I think maybe my best option.

If you’re a gamblin’ man….. THE FORGE!

Legendary Zap

timmyf.1490

Just. Be. Patient. Don’t get greedy and start buying swords off the TP from sell orders. Place your buy orders (45 silver was my high mark) and wait. You will quickly bankrupt yourself if you don’t play it safe.

Also, expect it to use up all the gold you have now and then some.