Legendary armor

Legendary armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Andovar Edoras.2143

Andovar Edoras.2143

So we finally got a sneak peek at the heavy version for the legendary armor (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-first-look-at-legendaryarmor/ if you missed it), and personally i gotta say im actually impressed. I used to wonder how you can make an outfit “legendary”, beyond the already existing cool looks in the game. But there it is!

Also, I’m glad that Anet has decided not to rush it:
“At the moment, the light and medium armor sets are not at that level. We remain hard at work, and release is still some months off.”

I believe doing the heavy armor simply is easier than the other two. I mean, moving armor plates and such looks very good.. Now how will you do that to cloth and leather?

/Perhaps the light set will have like a more ethereal floaty look to it? I bet there’s gonna be some sort of fancy magical cloth straps floating around you when in combat. Quite a few looks you can go with actually./ Leather however? No clue how to make that look nice when animated.

Legendary armor

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I am pretty sorry to say that the armor is disappointing to me – the “combat mode” look completely ruins it.
It could be salvaged ( and I hope this is the case) if one can choose between the “normal” mode ( the out of combat mode shown in the video) and the other “in combat mode” but honestly – if you can’t – then for me it’s a total loss.

It’s a shame too – was one of the few things I was really looking forward to in GW2 right now.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Legendary armor

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I expected something different, but I guess I will build all 3 sets anyway

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Legendary armor

Posted by: Heltzer.2435

Heltzer.2435

I 100% hate the direction we’re going with legendary armor. I get that the armor is really only for a small percentage of the total community but for those of us in that community we get to look very similar to all our friends. Just like when ascended armor came out we would sport that look for a little while but eventually went back to making unique looks for our characters. Fashion Wars man! However, with the animation direction we’re going on the heavy armor when my friend and I load into a raid on his warrior and my guardian we are going to look very similar. Oh and Revs too assuming they get something adjusted in their machines to be needed in raids after last Tuesday. The animation direction would be awesome if we could skin over them and gain new animations for other skins in the wardrobe but I’m sure we can all understand the massive amount of work that would take for something so fantastic. Why did we not go in the direction for additional effects and/or Auras for legendary armor. That way we could still use the wardrobe and create even more unique looks for our characters. It’s the same reason people combine the queen bee, the polys, and infusions to create really unique characters. Than there’s still the question about runes but that’s a totally different issue. That’s my position anyways.

Legendary armor

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I think it looks pretty awesome and worthy of it’s status, I’m glad they went with something unique. I doubt I will ever complete a set though due to the fact I can’t commit to raiding. But animating the armor is pretty cool. It’s unavoidable to have look-a-likes, they can’t create dozens of armor sets in quick succession to avoid that.

Legendary armor

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Well, kinda looks cool, but not legendary cool. But then I’m not even making it, and won’t even start now.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Legendary armor

Posted by: Lazarus.3970

Lazarus.3970

As long as the Asura versions actually have proper boots rather than their toes clipping the sides. That is really the only real gripe I have with this game. Proper boots.

That said. Animated armor. Taking a page from the likes of Aeon eh? Not upset at all by this. I think its good when good ideas from one game makes its way to another. I doubt I will ever get my hands on any legendary armor because I am not a real hard core player, but eh.

Legendary armor

Posted by: Sonic the Hedgehog.5169

Sonic the Hedgehog.5169

I hope the new armor can get gained through collections. I am to lazy to craft Legandaries the old way less work when we can make precursers bypassing the need to like spend thousands on stuff.

My friend had a super hard time getting Bifrost the old way that she gave up on it. She does not HoT so she won’t be able to craft it the new way.

Sonic’s the name, speeds my game!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/jgensFl.png[/img]