Legendary armor obtainable without raids?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LimitBreaker.4165

LimitBreaker.4165

Will this ever be a thing? I was pretty hyped for the legendary armor till I found out it was tied to raids. Or at least make it sell-able on tp.

Posted by: cyn.2157

cyn.2157

They may eventually make some kind of legendary armor acquisition outside of raids, but I wouldn’t hold your breath on it – it’ll certainly be a while, if they ever do, because it would (presumably) be a different legendary armor/design available through another game mode (my money would be on Fractals, because they seem to like them – or maybe WvW, since that was such a big draw originally and has had such a dry spell – and it would benefit so much from it).

It will never be sold on TP, they’ve been moving towards prestigious items requiring you work for them yourself, on your own account, and just get certain materials for them from either grinding/farming or TP.

-Fade Nightshade (thief all the way, baby)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Will it ever be available from other content than raids? Unknown, but probably no. It’s the main reward for raids and the main way to bring new players to that content.
Sellable on the TP? Probably always no. They want it to be an ingame reward, not a straight purchase.

They said they wouldn’t make any more Legendary armor so I’m not expecting other content to get their own version.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Posted by: Silencer.7614

Silencer.7614

Personally I hope that another set of legendary armor gets released at some point not tied to raids. But on the AMA ArenaNet did on reddit after the latest Living story release this statement was made by an Anet employee. So I’d say are chances are slim to none for the foreseeable future.

PaulElla
There are no plans to release another set of legendary armour in the future. They think one set is sufficient.

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

It takes a seriously large carrot to draw players into doing something like raids hundreds of times. Nobody would do them otherwise.

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

It takes a seriously large carrot to draw players into doing something like raids hundreds of times. Nobody would do them otherwise.

There’s quite a lot of raiders who don’t care the armor, but instead want challenging content. It’s their way of having fun.
To me, farming silverwastes over and over is much worse than doing raids, and less thrilling, but to each their own

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

There’s quite a lot of raiders who don’t care the armor, but instead want challenging content. It’s their way of having fun.
To me, farming silverwastes over and over is much worse than doing raids, and less thrilling, but to each their own

They’re both equally exciting to me along with paying taxes, but that’s not really the point. Sure, some people may really enjoy these things, but to lure more people who don’t enjoy these things into still doing them takes a huge carrot.

Anet wants more people to raid, so they’re trying to appeal to the people who want the armor. It’s not likely that they’ll link it to anything else unless their focus shifts away from raids though.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

The fact that raids are not well attended is not a function of there being no carrot (or even the lack of a huge carrot), but rather that they were never designed for casual players, which make up the vast majority of the game’s playerbase.

You can offer all the carrots you want, but without building in-game systems that both make raids substantially easier to organize and complete, the vast majority will either never attempt them, or try them once and never go back.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Will this ever be a thing? I was pretty hyped for the legendary armor till I found out it was tied to raids. Or at least make it sell-able on tp.

The whole point of earning an exclusive unique reward from raiding is requiring raiding. So no, it will never be available on the TP.

And considering it was announced before HoT to be tied to raiding it shouldn’t have been a surprise.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

tl;dr

• Legendary armor isn’t currently obtainable outside raids (fact).
  • ANet has no plans for other sets or for making the current set available (fact).
  • If they change their mind, it will be 12-24 months before we even hear about it (opinion).
  • In the meantime, my opinion is that it’s moot whether this is fair or reasonable. MMOs have lots of things to obtain; I don’t bother trying to obtain them all. I try to pick the things I really want and that are going to be fun (or at least, not too tedious) to obtain.
  • So ask yourself: how much do you really want legendary armor? Is it because it’s new and shiny? or because it’s something you really like (aesthetically or functionally).
    ————————————
    In answer to the OP’s question, the devs have said two things:
  • They don’t have current plans to add another set of legendary armor
  • They don’t have current plans to offer access to legendary armor outside of raids; it’s intended as a reward commensurate with challenging content.

Taken together with the fact that this set of 15 armors (3 weights times 5 races), the answer is
No, we won’t be seeing another set of legendary armor.

Of course, this begs the question of whether it’s reasonable or fair to gate one of the few new armor collections in the game behind raids.

I’m convinced that ANet never intended that legendary armor would be considered a carrot for raiding — it was solely their goal to make sure that raiding had a really special reward. Rather, I think, they were clueless about how many people would “expect” to be able to earn them.

They were perfectly fine with raiding being end game for a minority of players — it’s us players who presumed there’s an additional motivation (not a crazy theory, just not one I think which holds much water based on how ANet designs other rewards).

Given the situation, is this fair?
Well, honestly, I think it’s moot. Fair or not, even if they agreed (which they do not appear to), it would be at least 5-8 months before they’d change it. And given that they’ve already unofficially announced the next expansion (coming in 6-8 months), I doubt they could pull it off.

In my opinion, it’s at least a year if not two years before we’d see any other source for legendary armor.

So the question we have to ask ourselves is:
Do we want legendary armor that badly? Or do we want it because it’s new & shiny?

My feeling is that lots of people only want it because it’s there. Me? I’ve gotten used to the idea that, in a fun MMO, there will be hundreds of things that I could get, but really don’t need or want. I’ll have more fun pursuing my own goals, rather than ones that the game sets for me.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Unfortunately, OP, you’ll just have to resign yourself to dealing with tryhards with bad attitudes if you want that legendary armor.

My condolences.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Tank.7821

Tank.7821

people keep glossing over and forgetting that there is another subset of players, who with responsibilities like children and the like, would love to able to raid and get the rewards but due to said circumstances cannot do the raids. these are the folks that would like to get the armor and do the content but cannot. sorting out your “personal issues” takes 18 years in that regard. but that said even another method of acquisition through 30 or so additional collection acheivements will take a heck of a long time but with planning could still be done by them, but currently the system is kinda exclusionary, all other legendary items, yes take long but are still attainable, even the pvp back piece can be done like that. but the armor is a no go. it’s the one reward that one and only one group of players can get and that sucks.

so if by chance the devs are do somehow read this post please, reconsider the stance on raids only, some of us would love to do the content but due to other commitments can’t so please allow us a chance, even if it costs more and takes a heck of a lot longer the chance to get legendary armor because a lot of us love the skins, not all but a lot.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

With apparently no plans to make more legendary armor, perhaps Anet could devise a way for people that don’t raid to earn/upgrade ascended armor already in game to legendary functionality without the cosmetics. So with a recipe of sorts people that want the functions of legendary armor, stat swapping and rune swapping, can earn it outside of raids. With this, no need to make new legendary armor for people that don’t raid and the people that do raid still have their fancy cosmetic armor to stand out from those that do not.

Just an idea and the upgrade to legendary functionality should still require a significant effort/cost. Of course it would take some work for Anet to figure out things like impact on the economy, like they stated was an issue with allowing legendary weapon sigil swapping, but it might be something they could look into. It seems like an interesting compromise to me.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: OnizukaBR.8537

OnizukaBR.8537

people keep glossing over and forgetting that there is another subset of players, who with responsibilities like children and the like, would love to able to raid and get the rewards but due to said circumstances cannot do the raids. these are the folks that would like to get the armor and do the content but cannot. sorting out your “personal issues” takes 18 years in that regard. but that said even another method of acquisition through 30 or so additional collection acheivements will take a heck of a long time but with planning could still be done by them, but currently the system is kinda exclusionary, all other legendary items, yes take long but are still attainable, even the pvp back piece can be done like that. but the armor is a no go. it’s the one reward that one and only one group of players can get and that sucks.

so if by chance the devs are do somehow read this post please, reconsider the stance on raids only, some of us would love to do the content but due to other commitments can’t so please allow us a chance, even if it costs more and takes a heck of a lot longer the chance to get legendary armor because a lot of us love the skins, not all but a lot.

Hate this argument because i know a lot of players like me that have a job, a wife AND kids, and still can raid normally.
If you have time to play the game you have time to raid, stop blamming your job/family as the reason you cant raid.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It breaks down to which game reward philosophy you believe in. Should all rewards be available to everyone doing anything OR should specific high end rewards be tied to specific high end content? Something to show that you completed X rather than just buy it off the TP.

It was a mistake IMO that Legendary Weapons, original set, are available on the TP. Precursors sure but the end product? No, show your seriousness in playing this game by gathering all the mats and requirements to craft it.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

If you have time to play the game you have time to raid, stop blaming your job/family as the reason you cant raid.

I feel sorry for those neglected children then…

But seriously, it takes an hour just to get a functional raid group together, after all the job-jockeying, gear checking, LI-confirming, raid strat breakdowns, bio breaks…
And then there’s actually doing the raid.

Sorry not sorry, but time limitations are a thing. Stop being rude about it.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Midnight.7526

Midnight.7526

Personally I find the Legendary armor skins to be repulsive.

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

With apparently no plans to make more legendary armor, perhaps Anet could devise a way for people that don’t raid to earn/upgrade ascended armor already in game to legendary functionality without the cosmetics. So with a recipe of sorts people that want the functions of legendary armor, stat swapping and rune swapping, can earn it outside of raids. With this, no need to make new legendary armor for people that don’t raid and the people that do raid still have their fancy cosmetic armor to stand out from those that do not.

Just an idea and the upgrade to legendary functionality should still require a significant effort/cost. Of course it would take some work for Anet to figure out things like impact on the economy, like they stated was an issue with allowing legendary weapon sigil swapping, but it might be something they could look into. It seems like an interesting compromise to me.

This needs to happen for WvW imo: statswap for armor, sigils and runes that you can obtain by investing time in WvW. But first they need to add ascended armor :p

Posted by: slashlizardy.9167

slashlizardy.9167

Personally I find the Legendary armor skins to be repulsive.

As do I, so now I’m glad I didn’t spend too much of my life raiding….

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

The problem with the acquisition of legendary armor is the community. Now, what do I mean by That? There are so many barriers that raid teams have that push people out of their own community. Gear checks, li checks, build checks, God knows what else. New people who may have a LOT of raiding experience (ya know… YEARS more than the ONE that these raid groups have) can’t get into the raids because we don’t have the Lis. So it’s the community that holds people back from legendary armor, not the “challenge” of the raids. I know what you’re thinking… join a training group. The last several I’ve been in have yet to kill a boss. The frustrating thing is the ease of these bosses that people fail so hard on. The entire legendary armor requirement is a headache because of these reasons.

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

This needs to happen for WvW imo: statswap for armor, sigils and runes that you can obtain by investing time in WvW. But first they need to add ascended armor :p

There are many players between PvE and WvW that play a lot of each but don’t raid. As for ascended armor in WvW, legendary weapons require WvW so I think it is fair to require some PvE from WvW’s to earn ascended armor first. I think if Anet could make a generic version/upgrade ascended to legendary armor for the only purpose of stat swapping with the necessary challenge/cost investment a lot of players would go for it.

tl;dr Each game mode outside raids should have a method to upgrade armor to legendary functionality without the cosmetics that should only be available to those that raid.

Hmmm care to disagre then ? I honestly prefer gating statswapping benefits to WvW only (except for legendary armor of course). That way, it gains some real incentive to go play WvW since the population is lacking.

OnizukaBR.8537

If you have time to play the game you have time to raid, stop blaming your job/family as the reason you cant raid.

But seriously, it takes an hour just to get a functional raid group together, after all the job-jockeying, gear checking, LI-confirming, raid strat breakdowns, bio breaks…

You dont need to wait 1 hour, you log you look at lfg see if some group fits you, you join, you raid. There done. Yes not everyday at everytime you find a group that suits you so you move on to other things. I find funny that if you look at these people time played that say they dont have time you would see a lot of time.
If you can play you can raid period.

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

The fact that raids are not well attended is not a function of there being no carrot (or even the lack of a huge carrot), but rather that they were never designed for casual players, which make up the vast majority of the game’s playerbase.

You can offer all the carrots you want, but without building in-game systems that both make raids substantially easier to organize and complete, the vast majority will either never attempt them, or try them once and never go back.

It’s not so much about being a casual or not,but rather about finding a dependable group of 10 players you can raid with,and being able and willing to commit to it.
I’d rather listen to cows farting,than having to pug a raid with total strangers.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: TheOrlyFactor.8341

TheOrlyFactor.8341

Hate this argument because i know a lot of players like me that have a job, a wife AND kids, and still can raid normally.
If you have time to play the game you have time to raid, stop blamming your job/family as the reason you cant raid.

Those kids and wife (or husband) deserve better then.

Playing GW2 for the story is like expecting plot in a porno. You’ll be left disappointed.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

You dont need to wait 1 hour, you log you look at lfg see if some group fits you, you join, you raid. There done. Yes not everyday at everytime you find a group that suits you so you move on to other things. I find funny that if you look at these people time played that say they dont have time you would see a lot of time.
If you can play you can raid period.

i havent searched for raid in this game, but i doubt hevs wrong. most of the time hes including in that hour isnt the searching part, its the organization once you have the people.
like this
hmm, anybody have an alt chrono?
i do, but i have to get the gear from my alts
ok brb
since he is chrono, maybe i shouldnswitch to my engineer, brb
bio break while they switch
ok im back, still waiting on engi
ok im back. bio break guy is missing.
ok are we gonna use beta strat or gamma strat
im not good at beta strat
im not good at gamma strat
ok we ll do gamma, let me check the gamma strat vid quick

etc, it adds up. the encounter may literally be 10 minutes, but the prep time, especially without a guild or static usually takes time to organize. Its possible its less so in this game, but i doubt it, especially in the beginning.

probably fast when everyone is experienced, but thats not going to be most peoples starting point

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

It’s not so much about being a casual or not,but rather about finding a dependable group of 10 players you can raid with,and being able and willing to commit to it.
I’d rather listen to cows farting,than having to pug a raid with total strangers.

Cows Farting is not as interesting as you make it out to be.

Posted by: TheShniper.1852

TheShniper.1852

If there is ever an easier mode to raids you shouldnt be able to get Legendart Insights. Which means no legendary armor. People want easier raids with the same reward…. maybe 1 LI every wing that is completed in “easy mode”?

Posted by: Wildfang.3271

Wildfang.3271

Well, I must say that I am impressed that people still love to use ad homimem attacks when they don’t have a good counter argument in response to his point that people with family are capable of juggling/making time for raids. It’s kinda like being back in school again with kids that are incapable of debating.

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Well, I must say that I am impressed that people still love to use ad homimem attacks when they don’t have a good counter argument in response to his point that people with family are capable of juggling/making time for raids. It’s kinda like being back in school again with kids that are incapable of debating.

That, and it only continues to encourage players engaging in raids now to harden down on their stance that Raids are pretty alright. Because it’s better than joining the anti-raid side tossing out such vitriol and insulting families.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Posted by: TheOrlyFactor.8341

TheOrlyFactor.8341

If you’re willing to forsake your own family to play a video game then that’s a problem.

If pointing out problems makes me guilty of an ad hominem attack then consider me guilty as charged. At least I’m not forsaking my family and friends for virtual items in a video game.

Playing GW2 for the story is like expecting plot in a porno. You’ll be left disappointed.

Posted by: Wildfang.3271

Wildfang.3271

If you’re willing to forsake your own family to play a video game then that’s a problem.

If pointing out problems makes me guilty of an ad hominem attack then consider me guilty as charged. At least I’m not forsaking my family and friends for virtual items in a video game.

I am going to just call sheningans on this nonsense immediately. Good groups can clear all 4 wings within 2 – 3 hours already and then they are done for the whole week. So yeah, using 2-3 hours for raids is forsaking family. Right………. I wonder if you will probably tell me that spending more than 1 minute away from family will be forsaking them as well /s.

Not to mention if you are still beginning out in raids, you can allocate some time that you are comfortable with spending to join a pug to either learn one boss or trying to kill it. You don’t have to get everything in one go and can do it at your own pace like a long term goal. This is called time management which is a skill people should be learning.

You are not pointing out problems. You are just exaggerating things to try and score a point which I have an issue with. Do go and learn how to make arguments.

(edited by Wildfang.3271)

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

I agree! Well said.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

OnizukaBR.8537

I agree! Well said.

Yes because if you spend 2 hours farming SW you are not forsaking your family, but god forbid you raid for 30 mins you are a terrible human being and should be ashamed /s

Aza.2105

I agree! Well said.

Yes because if you spend 2 hours farming SW you are not forsaking your family, but god forbid you raid for 30 mins you are a terrible human being and should be ashamed /s

Playing open world content is using ones own time, doing raiding is using other peoples time. Its not the same.

Windows 10

OnizukaBR.8537

I agree! Well said.

Playing open world content is using ones own time, doing raiding is using other peoples time. Its not the same.

Playing for 1 hour is playing for 1 hour no matter what you doing, If you can play one hour in SW you can raid, if you dont is your choice not because your family dont allow it.

Posted by: Klutz.8609

Klutz.8609

I agree! Well said.

LUL wut..?

It’s more of using your own time with 9 others willing to do the same, you’re only wasting others’ time if you constantly fail at simple mechanics, using nonsensical builds/gear or not pulling decent rotations.

Aza.2105

I agree! Well said.

Playing for 1 hour is playing for 1 hour no matter what you doing, If you can play one hour in SW you can raid, if you dont is your choice not because your family dont allow it.

If you look at it that way then you fail to understand my point. The hour isn’t the same because one is your time and the other hour is other peoples time. In other words a hour of my own time I can stop what I’m doing in the game to do other important things or I might have to stop all together abruptly. It doesn’t infringe upon anyone else. Were as with other peoples time you cant do this. You can’t just tell a group of people who expect you to be there and depend on you, that you are going afk for a extended period of time. Its disrespectful and selfish.

Windows 10

OnizukaBR.8537

I agree! Well said.

If you look at it that way then you fail to understand my point. The hour isn’t the same because one is your time and the other hour is other peoples time. In other words a hour of my own time I can stop what I’m doing in the game to do other important things or I might have to stop all together abruptly. It doesn’t infringe upon anyone else. Were as with other peoples time you cant do this. You can’t just tell a group of people who expect you to be there and depend on you, that you are going afk for a extended period of time. Its disrespectful and selfish.

You dont go afk, you just say " Hey guys something happened, i got to go, thx for the run" and then you leave the group and do the stuff you need to do. There, problem solved. See thats how every adult raid, they go raid when they find a group and if something happens irl they just leave the group.

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

The answer is simple, in our dreams!!!

Posted by: Aazo.2841

Aazo.2841

Then there are those of us that abhor PVE in this game and spend the majority of our time in WVW. Who want the ability to gain content based on our game play, and not some silly mindless PVE content. When the game was released almost 4.7 years ago, the devs said that players could choose the content style they wanted and still gain the same rewards. Sadly they have not lived up to this, forcing us WVW’ers into doing massive hours of mindless boring PVE content to even obtain our ascended gear for our WVWing. Why we WVW’ers prefer that game mode you ask? It’s always different, because real players that change tactics play the other side. That’s the appeal of such content. And WVW over TPVP because it’s actually fun to beat greater odds (5 vs 10 for example). Which is not possible in boring arena based 5 vs 5 fights. But I digress, my point is this: ANET NEEDS TO ENABLE GEAR CONTENT TO ALL GAME MODE PLAYERS, and not just PVE’ers.

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

I still think where they went wrong isn’t due to the fact that they don’t have legendary armor planned for the other game modes, but that they didn’t require all 3 game modes to make the legendary armor. I’m a firm believer that if you want the one set of legendary armor in gw2, then you should play everything in gw2. For example, instead of the rather boring provisioner tokens, they could have had a gift that required pvp and WvW. This gift could have been created in the mystic forge by combing a Gift of Battle, a Gift of Skirmishing, and two more gifts not in the game (kinda like the Gift of the Competitor) that require you to complete achievements in both PvP and WvW respectively. Legendary armor should have required play in All game modes.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Not too many ppl do raids that a big carrot for not that many ppl.

Then there are those of us that abhor PVE in this game and spend the majority of our time in WVW. Who want the ability to gain content based on our game play, and not some silly mindless PVE content. When the game was released almost 4.7 years ago, the devs said that players could choose the content style they wanted and still gain the same rewards. Sadly they have not lived up to this, forcing us WVW’ers into doing massive hours of mindless boring PVE content to even obtain our ascended gear for our WVWing. Why we WVW’ers prefer that game mode you ask? It’s always different, because real players that change tactics play the other side. That’s the appeal of such content. And WVW over TPVP because it’s actually fun to beat greater odds (5 vs 10 for example). Which is not possible in boring arena based 5 vs 5 fights. But I digress, my point is this: ANET NEEDS TO ENABLE GEAR CONTENT TO ALL GAME MODE PLAYERS, and not just PVE’ers.

Well i had a though for wvw and i posted about it in the wvw legendary armor but no dev going to read that so how about here too! The ideal is to cap wvw at exotic level. So if you have legendary ascend gear it gets pulled back to exotic level. This will let Anet to add in an exotic level legendary set. Something you can swap combos on the fly and use rune with out losing the old ones. This means you cant get the best gear for pve in wvw but at the same time your always going to have the best gear in wvw.

You could keep the drops of ascended level gear in wvw but ascended gear should not be for wvw it should be a pure pve thing.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

Posted by: Ogwom.7940

Ogwom.7940

A sudden thought just occurred to me…

Why not just use the same envoy armour skins and make them available for WvW via difficult/time gated collections (I’m not saying to get rid of it being aquired in raids).

It would take about a year to implement?

Also, I was not a hard core raider, but it did take a lot of time out of my day to get into raid groups. I have almost enough LI for a set now, though I definitely won’t raid more to go for a 2nd set (only for recreational purposes).

Posted by: Okhu.7948

Okhu.7948

There sure is a lot of scummy people in this post. “You raid and you have a kid / family? WEW I FEEL BAD FOR THEM, WoW those neglected kids! But don’t be rude to us about not being able to raid. We’re entitled afterall :’(” Do you people even read before you type your toxic comments to people?

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

I don’t raid and don’t blame the raiders too cause they’re just looking for a different kind of adventure. It’s Anet created this hatred by deciding to lock Leg armor to raids. It’s on you ANET!!!!!

(edited by WingLegacy.7159)

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

it’ll certainly be a while, if they ever do, because it would (presumably) be a different legendary armor/design available through another game mode (my money would be on Fractals, because they seem to like them – or maybe WvW, since that was such a big draw originally and has had such a dry spell – and it would benefit so much from it).

And with them already having confirmed that there won’t be another set of legendary armor…

(or at least, there’s no plans to ever create another one, though the plans might ofc change in the future)

There sure is a lot of scummy people in this post. “You raid and you have a kid / family? WEW I FEEL BAD FOR THEM, WoW those neglected kids! But don’t be rude to us about not being able to raid. We’re entitled afterall :’(” Do you people even read before you type your toxic comments to people?

This is especially funny/sad if you consider just how casual GW2 is, even when raiding. I was a raidleader for 8 years in World of Warcraft, and in a very casual guild, and I easily spent 3x-4x the time on that than I do for active raiding here.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

(edited by Carighan.6758)

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

So the question we have to ask ourselves is:
Do we want legendary armor that badly? Or do we want it because it’s new & shiny?

Honestly? I want to wear it for a day. Just one day, decked out in full legendary armor and a legendary weapon. I think that’s all I really want from it, anyway; to experience it. Owning it is a whole other thing. The flashiness would probably lose its luster after a while and become a normal weapon/armor to me.

I imagine that it would be a nice feeling to own it, to feel like it was something I could use at any time. But I’d probably not use it as much as I would enjoy the feeling of being able to use it if I want to. It makes me feel powerful, which in turn makes me feel safer and more secure, to feel like I have access to things that are designed to have a barrier of entry.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

It’s not even shiney. It’s new, yeah. But it looks so laughably bad during combat (and on Asura/Charr in general, but that’s just business as usaul) that I don’t see the point getting it.

I mean it’s nice if you have absolutely nothing else to do I suppose, but honestly at that point I’d rather find another game

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

It’s really funny actually.
A guild made said the other day that the functionality of legendary armor would actually help a completely different game mode more than it ever will raids, that being WvW (even PvP got ascended armor before it lol)

I’m hopeful that at some point in the future, the current legendary armor sets will be made available through different means.