Legendary effects toggle?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hanako.1827

Hanako.1827

Could it be possible in a future update if we can have a toggle effect on our Legendaries to turn of specific effects?

Say I have Meteorlogicus MH and and incinerator OH, and I don’t like the Meteorlogicus footfalls and prefer incinerators. I get an option to turn off the footfall effects of meteorlogicus making incinerator fill the new footfall option. Or another scenario could be me being an elementalist and having two incinerators and I don’t like the weapon effects and want my old dragon claw and vapor blade back; just tick a box and they’re back.

The tick option of course can be.
[ ] Toggle footfalls
[ ] Toggle Aura
[ ] Toggle weapon alterations

Because seriously I loved that dragon claw animation so much ;-;

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If ANet cannot provide a toggle or slider to mediate particle effects from skill use, why would you think they can do it for items?

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

Hanako.1827

If ANet cannot provide a toggle or slider to mediate particle effects from skill use, why would you think they can do it for items>

Who is to say they can’t? The comparison you made is completely out of context anyways…

Posted by: Abellus.2615

Abellus.2615

While they are at it, maybe Minstrel could be given some effects worth toggling. Checking the Wiki it’s very visually underwhelming compared to all other Legendaries. Feels unfinished.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I miss my Moot’s footsteps.

+1

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Until you can get rid of footsteps and other effects, I will not be making a Legendary. Just too goofy. If leaving footsteps makes a weapon “Legendary”, let me equip my wooden Pirate Sword and slosh through a mud puddle. You will gawk in awe at my apparent greatness!

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If ANet cannot provide a toggle or slider to mediate particle effects from skill use, why would you think they can do it for items?

Who is to say they can’t? The comparison you made is completely out of context anyways…

If they can, why haven’t they when people have been asking since launch? How is the comparison out of context? Both are particle effects.

Hanako.1827

If they can, why haven’t they when people have been asking since launch? How is the comparison out of context? Both are particle effects.

Who knows, but saying they cannot do something because they haven’t already is kind of silly.

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Bumping this because want.