Legendary foe drops

Legendary foe drops

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

I had a surprise battle with a Legendary Executioner. There was a nice group of players that had just killed a Bounty. The battle lasted longer than most and required movement and cooperation between players. It was fun. Thanks Anet, as far as I’m concerned it was a wonderfully designed encounter, kudos to the team.

Then I opened the loot bag and found the usual blue/green drops and 7 Sticks of Butter.

Butter, I got butter for killing a Legendary Executioner. Butter, deflated I returned to the Airship; 20 minutes later a call in map chat was asking for help w/ another Legendary foe. Meh, not for butter.

Anet you had me back, excited, believing you’d sorted it out and you dropped the ball.

Legendary foe drops

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

But you can make dough?! JK that is terrible and well sadly, par for the course with non rewarding loot drops from foes.

Legendary foe drops

Posted by: Bbear.7830

Bbear.7830

Hi Zet…

Sounds like you may have missed out on the exotic ‘Mark of Execution’ trinket the Legendary Executioner drops in place of the original Mark you get through ingame mail.

To be sure of getting this item you need to have ‘activated’ the Bounty mission your taking part in, have the original Mark in your inventory and then defeat the Executioner.

Each Bounty only counts for the achievement once ‘activated’ by first handing in a Coded Orders to the Shining Blade Captain in DR, otherwise your just helping other players out and not progressing your own reward track.

This is an infinitely repeatable event chain, as far as the Bounties go, but you only get one account bound Mark Trinket from the Executioner.

Also remember, you get 25 silver for each completed Bounty Notice you sell to regular vendors – so every 4 sold also nets you a gold when you cash them in and they do stack in inventory/bank, so you can use them as a reserve gold store outside the wallet.

Hope this helps.

Breeze

Fire, Ice, Storm…Heart of, Cold as, the Breeze that comes before.

Legendary foe drops

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Does one even get a Bag? I’ve done several of the Legendaries (to help others), and I though one got nothing other than the Champ Bag from the Champion that spawns previously.

I agree that I don’t have much motivation to do many more (if any) of the Legendaries (because of the reward, or lack thereof [for the time and/or effort]).

Legendary foe drops

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hi Zet…

Sounds like you may have missed out on the exotic ‘Mark of Execution’ trinket the Legendary Executioner drops in place of the original Mark you get through ingame mail.

To be sure of getting this item you need to have ‘activated’ the Bounty mission your taking part in, have the original Mark in your inventory and then defeat the Executioner.

Each Bounty only counts for the achievement once ‘activated’ by first handing in a Coded Orders to the Shining Blade Captain in DR, otherwise your just helping other players out and not progressing your own reward track.

This is an infinitely repeatable event chain, as far as the Bounties go, but you only get one account bound Mark Trinket from the Executioner.

Also remember, you get 25 silver for each completed Bounty Notice you sell to regular vendors – so every 4 sold also nets you a gold when you cash them in and they do stack in inventory/bank, so you can use them as a reserve gold store outside the wallet.

Hope this helps.

Breeze

Except for the initial trinket, all this only applies to Champions. One may become leery of even doing those, except from a fair distance, to avoid becoming trapped in the dome should a Legendary spawn (which could be considered a waste of time/effort).

Legendary foe drops

Posted by: Calydro.7268

Calydro.7268

One of my favorite parts about gw1 was that there were rare, exiting items that could drop from anywhere. And in the really difficult areas, the rarity and value of loot scaled accordingly. Its not so in Guild Wars 2.

Legendary foe drops

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

yeah i agree with this sentiment. it was a good battle and i liked doing it but it was a lot of trouble for the reward you get considering the biggest reward was first time only.

considering the amount of time and effort it took to complete im now in a position where i have really little incentive to do it again. the very least that should have been done was add a repeatable achievement like with the bandit contracts

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Legendary foe drops

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

One of my favorite parts about gw1 was that there were rare, exiting items that could drop from anywhere. And in the really difficult areas, the rarity and value of loot scaled accordingly. Its not so in Guild Wars 2.

This is one of the main things that I miss from GW1.