Legendary transmutating issues

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Lately people were submitting post about legendary transmutaion as the weapons become exotic. I dont see a problem, legendaries dont have better stats or anything only look better, they are same as before but have Orange name instead of purple.

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

Because Arena.net stated that legendary weapons will update their stats when new ascend weapons come out to be always the “top tier” weapons in the Game-

But what happen if you transmute your Legendary to change their stat and now is a “exotic” ? well that you are screwed with a very very very expensive Exotic weapon.

They said that they are looking the issue, but weeks pass and nothing change, and furthemore they are not sure if the change will be revert the legendaries what are alredy transmuted and this would be a shame and unfair to the players who already transumuted and didnt know about the bug/issue.

A really big fail in the game desigm that affect the most expensive weapons of the game and expect a lot of complain when they will update the legendary weapons and people who alredy transmuted their legendary discover the issue, i hope some news in the next major update but i woudlnt bet anything.

(edited by GonzoNeo.4965)

Posted by: I Fuzion I.2546

I Fuzion I.2546

If this would have happened to me i would have been quite annoyed, Anet do need to fix these sort of things.. What they must understand is that as they have introduced a “cash to virtual” exchange system.. everything get a lot more serious..

Although items are still virtual, people hold a Cash value againt them..

You pay $500 for gems, which you convert into gold, which you buy a exotic weapon and complete the transmutating. you in effect lose gold, which means you lost the point of spending cash… If people want to waste there own gold. then so be it.. but if anet’s bugs/changes make you poorer.. Then in effect its no diffrent to stealing..

You could say there making you poorer so you buy more gems if they continued to have issues like this, and dont correct them or keep you up to date. Its pritty serious stuff to be honest.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

You would be annoyed just because your weapon has an orange name instead of purple and because in the long future, when they introduce a new tier of weapons there will be a possibility of having lower stats?
Well, the first issue is really so minor that it is pointless to write a topic about it. And the second one will be resolved at latest on the day of the new weapon tier introduction.

Posted by: I Fuzion I.2546

I Fuzion I.2546

“well that you are screwed with a very very very expensive Exotic weapon”

If what he said was true, yes i would.

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

I was tired of their vague response to this problem so I tried asking very specific questions about this on this topic https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Transmuting-Legendary-Exotic-Merged/page/2#post1171256
Please support me there, so we can at least have a clear answer

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

I was tired of their vague response to this problem so I tried asking very specific questions about this on this topic https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Transmuting-Legendary-Exotic-Merged/page/2#post1171256
Please support me there, so we can at least have a clear answer

I answered this post 2 days ago to show my complain about the issue ( only need about 90 Gold to complete my Legendary ) and they just delete my post and put me a infraction, i dont swear or insult anybody, i can quote the same post that here how proof , the most offensive that i wrote is that i was begin grow tired of only read things like “we are looking ….” by developers for weeks/months in the sames issues ( legendary weapons transmutation, pvp, etc..)and never a clear answer or a fix, but it seem that they dont like it, i wont post in a topic where they delete the things that they dont like, sorry.

(edited by GonzoNeo.4965)

Posted by: Draymos.5489

Draymos.5489

Wrong whenever higher weapons come out legendaries increase in stats, your current weapons won’t. So they are not the same as other exotics. No to your thread. Pay attention.

Posted by: Draymos.5489

Draymos.5489

If your tranmutated a legendary than you are not smart. Legendaries stats increase whenever higher weapons come in the game. They are not the same as other weapons. Transmutating them is not going to work.

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

I answered this post 2 days ago to show my complain about the issue ( only need about 90 Gold to complete my Legendary ) and they just delete my post and put me a infraction, i dont swear or insult anybody, i can quote the same post that here how proof , the most offensive that i wrote is that i was begin grow tired of only read things like “we are looking ….” by developers for weeks/months in the sames issues ( legendary weapons transmutation, pvp, etc..)and never a clear answer or a fix, but it seem that they dont like it, i wont post in a topic where they delete the things that they dont like, sorry.

It happened to me too, the mod deleted it because it was “off topic” (it wasn’t).
I took the old post, copy/paste and removed everything could have been vaguely seen as OT and reposted. Now ther isn’t any excuse to not answer direct and clear questions.
Except if the topic isn’t upped anymore by other comments.

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

well if it’s like that then you should’ve thought twice because transmutating means combining one’s stats and another’s design, so you just ripped off legendary and made it into exotic

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

All is vain.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I fail to see this as anything but a mistake on the player’s part. Transmuting decides what class a weapon will be by what stats are applied in the transmute interface. If you choose to put Exotic weapon stats on a Legendary, the game will create an exotic weapon. That is how it works. Has always worked. Skin does not determine class of the weapon.

Non Issue.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: BlackPaw.5948

BlackPaw.5948

I think this issue is very easy to solve.
Just let the result item rank as the same as the highest rank one when items placed to be transmuted.

Problem solved.

Rare+rare = rare
Rare+MW = rare
Exotic+rare = exotic
Exotic+MW = exotic
Legendary+Mw = Legendary

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

Another simple solution is to introduce a gemstore consumable that can change an items prefix while maintaining its rarity.

Orion the Cursed.1206

I fail to see this as anything but a mistake on the player’s part. Transmuting decides what class a weapon will be by what stats are applied in the transmute interface. If you choose to put Exotic weapon stats on a Legendary, the game will create an exotic weapon. That is how it works. Has always worked. Skin does not determine class of the weapon.

Non Issue.

Sigh… The players aren’t making any mistake. Legendaries are only available on the soldier prefix. What if they want a berserker or cleric legendary? Thats why they transmute the Legendary. The problem is said items are now inferior to Ascended items

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Non Issue.

Sigh… The players aren’t making any mistake. Legendaries are only available on the soldier prefix. What if they want a berserker or cleric legendary? Thats why they transmute the Legendary. The problem is said items are now inferior to Ascended items

Actually, they are at fault, since the current transmuting stones are working as intended, as they always have. So, knowing the mechanic of transmuting stones, I would say expecting a Legendary when putting exotic stats on one is a mistake.

Lobby for a new transmuting stone for Legendary, instead of claiming that stones are somehow at fault or changing a mechanic that works for every other transmutation in game.

Or simply add an NPC that will allow you to change Prefix on the Legendary without a stone at all. For the effort A legendary takes, this isn’t too much to ask.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Orion the Cursed.1206

Non Issue.

Actually, they are at fault, since the current transmuting stones are working as intended, as they always have. So, knowing the mechanic of transmuting stones, I would say expecting a Legendary when putting exotic stats on one is a mistake.

Lobby for a new transmuting stone for Legendary, instead of claiming that stones are somehow at fault or changing a mechanic that works for every other transmutation in game.

Yeah, technically, its the players actions therefore its their “fault” but my point is that they didnt do it by mistake. They probably just wanted a non power-toughness-vitality legendary. I didnt read all the post but i agree its not the stones fault. However there should be a way to obtain non power-toughness-vitality legendaries which this game lacks and that is Anets fault.

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Well, I hesitate here to say this, but, in “other” games trade in NPCs are fairly common for items of that level, that for some reason or another need restored or a stat change becomes necessary.

From my perspective the problem lies with the “one shoe fits all” mentality that pervades the design philosophy. There should have been a drop down menu for prefix on the Legendary creation menu. And still, there should be a function to change prefix to allow for gameplay change, or Developer changes to traits, skills, and whatever. For an item of this level of difficulty to acquire, transmuting stones should never have been part of the equation.

The issue is with design, not stones. Players should never have been forced to use them, knowing the mechanics of the stones and the potential for a downgrade.

However I will be blasted for mentioning anything seen in any other game.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)