Legendary vs Ascended

Legendary vs Ascended

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Game of Bones.8975

Game of Bones.8975

Who says Legendary Weapons/Armor must be crafted by going through a combination of HoT, raids, fractals, dungeons, or jumping puzzles? Are you telling me ANET can’t come up with challenging material for people to do in regular PvE maps to call a weapon ‘legendary’?
There seems to be small gaps between crafting the lower tier weapons (fine, masterwork, exotic) and ascended weapons, but a huge leap to achieve the legendary status.
Maybe adding a channel or two while crafting ascended weapons for special features; special footfalls, changing stats, animation when weapon is drawn, or ranged combat animations, etc.

Legendary vs Ascended

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Well unlike other tiers, you can change stats and they have subjectively appealing skins with effects.

I’m not against it them being locked behind content that requires personal skill. The only thing is that it must require a great deal of it which means more difficult than Liadri.

Legendary vs Ascended

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Are you telling me ANET can’t come up with challenging material for people to do in regular PvE maps to call a weapon ‘legendary’?

I’m sure they could, unfotunately that wouldn’t help. Legendary items are designed as ressource drains and have thus a place in the GW2 economy.

If arenanet added some challenges they would still add a gold and ressource cost component as to not destabilize the GW2 economy. It’s that simple.

Legendary vs Ascended

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Well regarding weapons and armor…

• Basic: White,
    relative: 100%
    available l1-80
    USE: Starter gear, PvP base gear, salvage
  • Fine: Blue,
    * relative: 125%
    * available l1-80
    * USE: Starter gear, salvage
  • Masterwork:Green,
    * relative 135%
    * available l14-80
    * USE: Starter gear, salvage
  • Rare: Yellow,
    * relative: 145%
    * available l30-80
    * USE: Midlevel gear, ecto’s from lvl 63 and higher
  • Exotic: Orange,
    * relative: 165%
    * available l62-80
    * Use -Basic- Affordable (2-25 gold) Endgame 80 gear. Usable for most Content, including low level fractals and raid training, not recomended for: high level fractals and regular raiding
    * Fixed stats , soulbound in most cases. Potentially unsalvageable
  • Ascneded: Pink,
    * relative:175%
    * available l80
    * Use: Endgame gear. Expensive (~50-150 gold). Usable for any and all content.
    * Account bound.
    * Stat swappable for costs in ecto, inscription/insignia and spirit shards.
    * Salvageable if needed
    * Infusable
  • Legendary: Purple,
    * relative: 175%
    * available l80
    * Use: Endgame gear. Money sink ( 400-2500 gold+) Fashion wars,
    * Stat selectable out of combat, Account bound,
    * Armor will refund runes.
    * Infusable

• There are nice endgame armors and armor skins with exotic and asnceded stats in most parts of content including PvP, WVW, PvE, Dungeons, Fractals, Raids, or just plain crafted…
  • There are also nice skins in low level PvP from karma vendors and lower level armor skins. Some skins found at lower level vendors are more scarce then legendary and ascneded skins.
  • Ascneded and Legendary have no difference in normal play. You will not swap your legendary armor form character to character and swap runes each time. You’ll likely use the old ascneded armor with the mosty usable stat on your alt. I noticed I kept my old armor and use it as a secondary armor so I can swap out the armor faster.
    The stats selection only tends to be usefull if the weapon/armor goes to another character with a completely other role…. Else I notice I rarely if at all swap out any stat.

Meta is meta, we do not have 2 or 3 nearly similar meta’s for characters… unless maybe zerk and commanders chrono or auramancers for PvE and WvW.

• Even if legendary stat swaps might seem nice: crafting 3, or more ascneded gear sets tends to be cheaper then making a comparable legendaries/legendary gear set anyways.

Legendary is only for fashion wars not so much for accomplishment and showing off.
At least in my opinion…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Legendary vs Ascended

Posted by: polarbear.2497

polarbear.2497

Legendary is only for fashion wars not so much for accomplishment and showing off.
At least in my opinion…

Well, “fashion wars” = showing off

Legendary vs Ascended

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

At least in my opinion…

Well, “fashion wars” = showing off

You’re probably right there… Maybe I do not feel like it is boasting… After a little more then 1 year i felt genuinly proud of my 1st legendary…

I see most gen 1 legendaries nearly everywhere.

I now have 2 bolt’s, kudzu, nevermore, meterologicus, rodgort and I’m working on Howl 3 and have the pre for shooshadoo on my warrior… Armor wise I have heavy legendary and ad infinitum.

I see gear clones for my main running around regularly… Fashion wars isn’t fought on legendary basis.

Fashion Wars is the use of anything and all skins and dyes.. And I see beautiful combo’s really questioning myself why I never saw it…, tried it or why I ignored it…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.