Legendary weapon sigil proposition?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Johnathan Ralston.5871

Johnathan Ralston.5871

Legendary weapons eat sigils like candy.

Why do we have to have endless weapons with endless sigils?

Certain exotics can be salvaged but anything above that cannot.

Would be nice if legendary weapons are allowed flexibility without eating gold. If you put on a sigil let it be saved to that individual item and changed on the fly like a weapons personal upgrade bank.

Let any weapon have it’s own personal upgrade bank if that would cause envy and if the weapon is to be salvaged only let the active sigil(s) to be returned.

Either way legendary weapons being permanent should have some benefit so as to not infinitely eat gold as no one can afford to salvage a legendary. That feature was removed anyways…

:) I don’t care if you say no, give an alternative or insult me but it would be helpful-

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Has nothing to do with Legendary, that just happens to be your personal situation.

The game simply needs a method to remove sigils and runes from gear without destroying the gear and netting the upgrades removed. It should require in-game cost, not some gem store item.

Many parts of this game are extremely archaic in design, this is one of them.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

That would be kind of cool. Maybe let it have the ability to switch sigils on the fly as well as stats. Of course any stacks would be lost upon switch with any stacking sigils. But it would be cool. OOOOO maybe with a sigil “locker”. So you can only switch to sigils that you have previously unlocked, instead of having immediate access to all of them.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I agree. I think legendaries should have a feature where, at the very least, if you put a sigil on your legendary, it ‘unlocks’ that sigil forever on it, and you can switch to that sigil whenever you’re out of combat.

I also think some of the legendary animations need improvements, like the bifrost’s rainbow animation on spells – it’s just way too small and hardly noticeable, especially in zerg situations.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

well you can craft a bunch of ascended gear, put the legendary skin on it, and put different sigil in it.

That’s what I did with ascended gear. I craft 3 ascended berseker greatsowrds and put different sigil depend on situation. and ya it’s kind of cost a bunch of gold to do that.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

@OP

This is actually a good suggestion. I would suggest changing the topic to a suggestion about sigils. As it is now it sounds more like a QQ about legendaries being too easy to get, or being able to be traded on the TP (and The Six knows we already have enough of those threads)

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I like the idea of unlocking Sigils on my Legendary weapons by using them on them, for me to then be able to swap between them out of combat like the stats. It’d be a nice little extra Gold-sink for my legendaries, and it’d be a nice sense of progression for something I worked hard for obtaining.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Free sigil (and even skin) swapping on legendaries really is a must before I’ll really bother with them. What’s the point in being able to change stats on the fly if I can’t change the sigil too? I can’t change my build like that! Swapping skins freely would be a nice bonus too though, I’m fed up of carrying multiple exotics just to change things up.

Johnathan Ralston.5871

@ pdavis

I changed the title as you suggested

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

As long as ascended weapons get the same stat + sigil swap as well.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Ascended is only for ‘best stats’. Legendaries are the only weapons that have (and should only have) stat swapping abilities – it is, after all, one of the perks… that, and their animations.

You wouldn’t expect ascended armor to have stat swapping abilities. I would if it were legendary armor though. It’s the least it should have.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I think they should consider sigil swap for ascended gear also.

For example if a guardian have an ascended berserker gear with dps rune, and want to switch to travel rune, he’ll need to spend an additional 500 gold.

It already cost a bunch to have sets with different stats, and add in the sigil, the cost is enormous.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: bluberblasen.9684

bluberblasen.9684

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

Ascended is only for ‘best stats’. Legendaries are the only weapons that have (and should only have) stat swapping abilities – it is, after all, one of the perks… that, and their animations.

You wouldn’t expect ascended armor to have stat swapping abilities. I would if it were legendary armor though. It’s the least it should have.

Legendaries were supposed to be only for skins, so ascended weapons should have the same stat swap mechanics.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

Posted by: Zesbeer.8365

Zesbeer.8365

Nope, this kind of thinking got us ascended gear in the first place. here is the type of thinking you should have:

Colin Johanson: Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base. The rare stuff becomes the really awesome looking armours. It’s all about collecting the unique looking stuff and collecting all the other rare collectable items in the game.

Johnathan Ralston.5871

ascended is based off of names and stats so let it be only for the sigils.

we can’t get off topic unless we want the admins to close the thread

Johnathan Ralston.5871

Ascended is not as hard to achieve as legendary and the names to each item itself is based off of a character or stat that is unique.

focus on one topic and that is sigil swapping for ascended + legendary

stat changing for ascended is not what this thread is about

#OP #Up vote this thread

PLEASE GUYS if you wish to discuss stats on ascended then do not reply/post as we are hoping to keep this thread clear for the admins

(edited by Johnathan Ralston.5871)

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Still relevant. Would love to see this implemented. Sorry for the necro, but perhaps it’s better than making a new thread?

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org