Legendary weapon sigil swap

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Razi.6031

Razi.6031

Please anet. Allow us to also be able to remove and switch sigils from legendary weapons like the legendary armour. So pve people That raid and make tons of gold get to swap out a whole set of 6 runes that most often cost a lot more than most sigils, even individually, cutting even more costs out of all the gold they make , and I can’t switch out a few sigils from something That is at the same tier having to constantly buy if I want to swap?

I have no idea why this hasn’t been implemented along with the new armour. Seems like a pretty common sense QoL fix .

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

this is kitten and should be removed from game i barely make any money in WvW only money i make is from weaps/armor with proper sigils on it.
if no1 needs sigils anymore how kitten am i suppose to make a little gold to fund my little needs to craft once in a while some food? or get my self some extra fun thing of the Auction house

Posted by: Razi.6031

Razi.6031

Wait what should be removed from the game.? What are YOU arguing for?

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Allowing us to slot a new sigil in a legendary weapon and the old sigil is removed and placed into your inventory, like it is with legendary armour.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Allowing us to slot a new sigil in a legendary weapon and the old sigil is removed and placed into your inventory, like it is with legendary armour.

I dont have any legendary armor, however if I could do this on my legendary weps than that would be amazing :p

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

I can see the benefit. Until then, I’ll keep my ascended sets with the right sigils. And keep my legendaries on the main classes I made them for.

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

More wvwers trying to get pvers rightly deserved hard earned rewards.

You guys pick the game mode with low rewards then it’s the decision you have to accept.

Remember to always just play the game mode for fun, who cares about rewards or anything else. And remember above all, don’t complain about it…… or anything else.

aka. “The Complainer”

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

You guys pick the game mode with low rewards then it’s the decision you have to accept.

Remember to always just play the game mode for fun, who cares about rewards or anything else. And remember above all, don’t complain about it…… or anything else.

Strawman argument much.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

This is something that affects everybody.

What the OP is really asking is, “Please can Sigils in Legendary weapons work like Runes in Legendary armour?”

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Well Its bad cause legendary armor can swap runes while weapons cant swap sigils, totally unfair. Its like some legendary are more legendary than the others.

Curtesy of George Orwell : Animal farm.

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Have you considered posting this in the PvE forums? Or maybe the official™ forums? cough Reddit cough

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Strawman argument much.

your mistaking sarcasm for strawmanning. Just keeping the consistent theme of the wvw forums.

aka. “The Complainer”

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Yes pls why can 1 arnor set be enough for all my builds and 1 of each weapon isnt? Maybe we should change the tier and colour of the legendary armor to super legendary armor.

Posted by: Westenev.5289

Westenev.5289

I’m not a fan of this idea, as it would devalue sigils by turning them into one off buys. Not to mention the added utility of being able to use 10% and night sigils without sacrifice, potentially making Legendary weapons an enforced “meta”.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

No, they would not be meta as legendary armor isnt meta either. everyone with asc can have as many sigil as they like just nned the number of weapons to balance it out.

Posted by: Westenev.5289

Westenev.5289

To be fair, in PvE, we rarely use anything besides Berserker runes (condi) or Scholar runes (power). Rare exceptions exist, but for the most part, one stat/rune setup is typically accepted to be the “best” at what it does. Thus, for the most part, a set of ascended is on paar with legendary armour in terms of playing your desired role.

Sigils are a little different. The common player will typically settle on sigils like Force/Air/Accuracy because it’s cheap and works on almost everything, while more “situational” runes are ignored because it’s impractical and/or wasteful to swap sigils on the fly. If situational sigils became practical, Ascended users would have to pick up the costs or be subjected to the Min/Max toxidity.

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Umm ok so the last time i ever changed runes on my weapons was 3 months ago? Heck i even have leg armor in bank cause its faster to switch asc sets than double click every leg piece and choose stats/runes.

Let’s also not forget that any player that does fractals on a daily basis is drowning on asc chests, thus having a huge amount of weapons to put sigils on.

It is a QoL feature but highly overated. Most players never even change their sigils/runes until new balance patch hits (every 3-4 months).

(edited by zoomborg.9462)

Svarty.8019

Umm ok so the last time i ever changed runes on my weapons was 3 months ago? Heck i even have leg armor in bank cause its faster to switch asc sets than double click every leg piece and choose stats/runes.

Let’s also not forget that any player that does fractals on a daily basis is drowning on asc chests, thus having a huge amount of weapons to put sigils on.

It is a QoL feature but highly overated. Most players never even change their sigils/runes until new balance patch hits (every 3-4 months).

Owning multiple sets of ascendeds is something that’s not as common as you may think at the moment. Thus, your case seems quite an extreme one.

Let’s not forget that the reasons that people do not switch runes and sigils as much as they might include the costs involved, which would be reduced significantly by the proposed change (along with the fact that runes and sigils tend to be either totally rubbish – Hello damage to specific PvE mobs – or fantastic – see: any rune or sigil worth over a gold).

Having said all of this I support the OP for none of it. Instead, I agree with him/her because consistency is important.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I’m not a fan of this idea, as it would devalue sigils by turning them into one off buys. Not to mention the added utility of being able to use 10% and night sigils without sacrifice, potentially making Legendary weapons an enforced “meta”.

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but it’s almost impossible to devalue superior sigils more than they already are. Most of them are literally too worthless to even sell on the TP.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Had the OP read the other active threads on the same topic, they’d know that ANet has already said that they want to make this happen and had planned to do so the day L-armor dropped. However, they ran into an implementation headache and decided to put it off. Since then, we’ve had no further word.

It’s unclear if rewards or economic balance were the key issues or just something that they’d also have to address. They’ve had similar conversations to the ones we’re having and have considered similar options, weighing the pros & the cons.

In other words, ANet wants this, too; they just aren’t sure how best to make it happen.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Svarty.8019

[..]runes and sigils tend to be either totally rubbish – Hello damage to specific PvE mobs – or fantastic

Those specific mob-type sigils will be far more useful when sigils can be freely swapped.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

From the recent AMA

Q — When legendary armor was released, there was talk about legendary weapons allowing players to swap sigils like legendary armor. …Is there any movement being made in bringing this functionality over to weapons?

AndrewM — We have some things we’re working on in regards to this, but it’s not far enough along to discuss specifics.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Stat swap on Legendary Weapons is pretty much wasted until we can swap sigils without losing one in the process. As with armor it makes complete sense that legendaries particularly the latest generation (account bound/quest only) can sigil swap. Otherwise there is little reason to get a legendary weapon.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Posted by: Ganpot.3879

Ganpot.3879

I agree that legendary weapons and armor (at the very least, maybe even ascended items in a more limited fashion) should be able to swap sigils and runes.

I just transitioned back to Guild Wars 2 from The Secret World (played up until it relaunched as F2P / P2W), and TSW had a similar problem. Endgame equipment required a heavy time and resource investment, so players mathematically calculated the optimal stat distribution and then basically every player adopted that. As a result, players neglected a lot of niche builds which would otherwise have been allowed by the skill system, simply because no one wanted to waste time building a full set of items for one experimental build.

I really don’t understand why MMOs are so reluctant to address this limitation. It can’t devalue runes or sigils because most of them are already worthless. It won’t reduce grinding, because no one bothers to grind for non-optimal gear combinations anyway (they pick one or two and stick with that). Plus, if we are only talking about legendaries, people are required to grind for extreme periods of time to acquire them in the first place.

(edited by Ganpot.3879)