Legendary weapons

Legendary weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

That’s a killer for player retention, which should be your number one goal with GW2’s business model.

Maybe, maybe not. People who pay the game but do not consume the resources they paid for seems like pretty good customers …

Legendary weapons

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I know I’m late to the party, but seeing as this frees up 6 people to work on something else that’s potentially more than just “flashy” skins, I can see the reason for it on a working level. A business level I can also see the reasons for it. Having these people work.on content that everyone can access/play is great. Things like raids I’ll probably never see dew to my play time/not having already done it for come people. So knowing that there is stuff coming that people who do not raid/PvP, and play just for the story, it’s nice to know that they will be getting something sooner than July, maybe. If nothing shows up till July, that’s fine too, asking as it is worth the wait.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Legendary weapons

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

So….the stuff you advertised when selling us the expansion isn’t actually going to happen….Nice….you sold this to us for 50$ for 4 maps, a rushed storyline that makes little sense, Gutted guild halls, elite specs, an incomplete raid, 1/4 of the legendary weapons you promised us, and promises of future LS content………..Unless the next expansion is phenomenal in every way that HOT wasn’t, i’m going to pass. FINISH YOUR CONTENT BEFORE YOU SELL IT.

Gw2 was released with half a map for god’s sake, by now we had 3 full continents in gw1, this is getting rediculous.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

So you don’t have time or will to finish new legendaries but gem shop updates come every week?

so 60€ for new expansion and new legendaries?

So many disappointment in this game.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Remember when we were all terrified Nexon was going to take over and ruin the game, and introduce a rampant cash shop? lol.

The biggest danger was from within all along.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

First of all, I appreciate the effort of Mr. O`Brien to come out with such bad news for many people.

I also agree with some people saying that they were buying HoT because they wanted the legendaries feel betrayed. Ironically, it was the same with Fractal leaderboards, the funny part there was that nearly nobody cared.

I already tried to tell people for the last months that HoT was thrown out as fast as possible and not really ready and basically desperate to look at for the many funless things like adventures or time gated walls who were there to cloak the lack of content. This was kind of expected when the business model was changed, everything else would have greatly surprised me.

I almost felt sympathetic for the poor writer that was sent out barefoot into the sarcastic nuclear winter of roleplayer reviews that was promoting the HoT story as groundbreaking and new while it was very close to the original story with the exception that Mordremoth was clever enough to stay clear of turrets.

So now, after a direct confirmation of the president of Anet himself that things you were waiting for are subject to change all the time, do people finally agree that you can´t set a dime on something promised to you by a company? Being a CEO is probably as much showboating and stalling as it is actually leading a company.
If tomorrow numbers and statistic say that people want to have Tengu/Dredge/Largos, they will come.
If numbers show that raids/dungeons/fractals don´t bring in enough, they will be put on hold.
If promoting open world helps keep players, it will get bolstered.
You could keep on adding plenty of stuff to this list.

On a more positive note, I would be greatly pleased if ls 3 was more than ls1, with much less artificial replayability added. I also like the idea that Anet probably wants to return to the largest number of accessibility without the need to form club like teams in rather large numbers.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Kyraler.8234

Kyraler.8234

Hey Mike, I love how you are changing the communication between you – ANet – and us, the players. And I really appreciate, that you told us that those Legendary-Devs are going to help with the LW. You could have just said nothing about that ….but I really like it more the way you are going, the transparent way. May hurts sometimes but at least everyone knows whats happening. So keep on talking to us what is happening at ANet =). Thank you!

Legendary weapons

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

To think, we mocked him at the Heart of Thorns launch event……..

He knew

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Inshi.6970

Inshi.6970

So… let me sum it up Mr.Director.
Nearly half a year passing since HoT realease and we got what?
1 new (wing of the) raid, 1 boss reworked, 1 legendary pvp back, and …thats all of the “major” additions to the game.
Im not counting the new stuff that came with HoT cause thats what you have been working earlier, so it shouldnt be counted to the past 6 months.

We have 0 new LS, 0 new dungeons/fractals, and not even 1 update to the game that could be counted as bigger/major one. And now you are announcing that the rest of 2nd generation of legendary wepons are on hold? Its really laughable, sorry.

Personally as probably vast majority of players, I was convienced that 2nd generation of legendary weapons would be finished in about a year time. I counted like 2-3 released per 3 months. We have promised one (!) after nearly 6 months and then this is it?

With all the slow and so far really minimalistic updates, somehow you manage to add new outfits, gliders, weapon skins per 2-3 weeks. I wish that game content had a such good and often updates as gameshop. Maybe its worth to move some of the people from shop-development-team to the legendary-development-team or the rest of the game content?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

This is sounding like a tough decision indeed. Why not make such tough decisions with us? Surely the players themselves know what they want best?

Plus its sounding like. We have LW3 an undetermined vague amount earlier at the costs of having no new legendaries at all. Breaking one promise should at least come with another.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Name.9625

Name.9625

I can absolutely understand both sides of the argument. Anet wants to adress the criticism of not delivering a “living” world as they promised.
But on the other hand, you also promised us that you would deliver new legendary weapons. And now you said it´s on indefinite hold. Do you mean the same indefinite hold as in terms of fractal leaderboards? Like then you could have at least said, that you scrapped the project and that we should be thankful for the 4 we got. Cause then we will never get anymore.

Until then i am still curious, but also quite sour about this decision

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Engel.6029

Engel.6029

Poor management. That’s all there is to it.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

We have a team of six developers working on that, who could work on it for years to come.[..]
So, after shipping Chuka and Champawat, I’ve asked that we indefinitely suspend work on new legendary weapons. This team of developers will instead shift their efforts back to Living World style content, building new journeys and events for everyone to participate in.

Personally, I think that’s a great decision and I fully support it. I am sure it was a really hard decision due to its controversy, kudos for that.

Just out of curiosity, what is the work intense part on the legendaries? The art design, the journey itself, the economic impact of the individual crafting components?

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Over.2137

Over.2137

We shipped a new region full of extremely repetitive, boring and frustrating content, a new grindy and mandatory mastery system, gliding seriously?, guild halls time-gated? ? gold sink? ? useful? barely, a new clearly OP so more people will buy the xpac profession, nine unhealty for the entire game new elite specializations aka upgrade for existing professions, and more ???. Then we shipped precursor journeys for existing legendaries, and said, “We’ve been working hard on new legendary weapons except the Raven Staff has been data-mined something like 2 years ago, the first handful of which will be introduced in Heart of Thorns, with more to come in subsequent updates. except we only get 1

Let’s add something..
- the failure of PvP Leagues and Stronghold
- Desert Borderlands and WvW, probably the biggest failure
- Raids, the new level of dungeon farm restricted for hardcore pve players, and it’s only 1, and it’s not even finished yet :>
- Fractals update, people still speedrun 4/5 Swamps x day, Instability are still an example of terrible design, just like the increase of thoughness/Hp pool on bosses.
- Adventures, which gets locked by map events, why would u even..god…
- Legendary backpacks, nope, only the pvp one is available
- I guess we can consider the Action Camera Mode as content at this point.

What if instead of working on the next expansion you work on this expansion, make revenants and new elite specs less braindead, improve pvp leagues, do something for WvW kitten , for guild halls even, release raids, fix kittening mai trin, where the kitten is legendary equipment?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Not to play devil’s advocate, but we should give these guys a rest.

Of course I am also saddened we won’t get new legendaries (aside from the bow) anytime soon. But this way, you can hope to craft all the ones we already have?

Joking aside, if they decided to focus on something bigger, let them do so! As Mo said, we are ALWAYS complaining about lack of content (not just a shiny new skin), and now they’re focusing on content (leaving skins aside), we’re not happy. Are we such spoiled rotten brats?

While I agree with you regarding the gemstore flooding us with skins (some could be delivered as collections), the rest is just pure emotions talking.

Think, do you want some new shiny greatsword, or some story that would bring you to new regions? Imagine: just the 6 devs that were working on the new legendary collections could create new maps. So, which one do you pick, a sword or a map? I would honestly content myself with the legendaries we have now if it means Cantha or Elona (or even new and unknown regions!), yet in the end they will be released. Not as soon as expected, but they will in the end.

Also, there were things that were advertised as coming with the xpac but didn’t make it, but we also had new things that weren’t advertised: new system, new animations, new bases… The xpac wasn’t only to add content, it was to modify GW2 as we knew it for it to become better. Now the bases are set, maybe things will go faster?

I’ve been bored because of the lack of content, just like you. I’ve been upset by the new WvW, just like you. But they are saying things are changing, they talk about reverting back to Alpine Borderlands, they are talking about focusing on rich content. They’re not deserting a sinking ship, they’re sustaining our anger and disappointment to show us we’re heading to a better place. Mo is reading this topic, he is answering your questions, and he agrees his decisions upset people. But he’s no rookie, he knows what he does.

So stop acting as if it were the end of the world, GW2 is just a bunch of code and pixels and, just like in real life, kitten happens and some things are now what they were supposed to be. If you are so upset, change game for a while to see if it’s better, and if it is, good for you (not to be condescending, but some people want GW2 to be like the rest while being different: as rich as a charged game, but for free, and faster, and more often, and better…)

So thank you Mo for the heads up, angry and upset people, please think of the great possibilities that sacrificing new legendaries mean…

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Kaleygh.1524

Kaleygh.1524

That raven staff was in the game for more than 2 years now. Saying that you cannot create a bunch of models for legendary weapons, while making tons of models for gemstore items is completely kittened. As someone who works in 3ds Max and Maya day by day I can honestly tell you that an item like that takes a day at most to model and texture. I understand you are desperate to make money through the gemstore, but you guys need to understand that you cannot make money when your players are leaving in droves. Also – esports – LOL :P

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Seems like a lot of people value extrinsic rewards over intrinsic ones but perhaps we can have both?

Like what about cutting back on the legendary collections? It will kill the legendary story which is a shame but again for people who care more about extrinsic rewards thats not going to be a big loss and perhaps we can just have a little blog post with the historic information to make up for it. At the same time we can have a new currency legends that can be part of the map bonus rewards or have a rare chance to drop during events whatever.. May be a good idea to put a limit on how many one can earn per day I know this is not going to be a popular idea but i feel its a necessary evil to keep value up with such a simplified acquisition method. These can then be used to buy account bound precursors from vendors.. lets call them nefarious archaeologists who sell stuff they find rather then donating them to museums That way the legendary team would not have to spend 4 months for a couple of weapons, can focus on creating new dynamic content for the game which content can be enjoyed even by people who value rewards more. In the meantime new legendary weapons can still be created during this team’s downtime.. like there will be gaps when they’re “not needed” say when Living story 3 hits or when the new expansion releases or during festivals etc..

I also think this would make legendary weapons more accessible in that I;d rather have to complete 1500 events then gather from 1500 trees, even if its 5000 events to 1500 trees actually… gathering 5000 wood is something I need to get out of my way to get while everyone who PvEs or does WvW is going to be doing events all the time. That does leave out PvP but I Guess same currency can be introduced there with matches or something.

Would something like this be possible?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

That raven staff was in the game for more than 2 years now. Saying that you cannot create a bunch of models for legendary weapons, while making tons of models for gemstore items is completely kittened. As someone who works in 3ds Max and Maya day by day I can honestly tell you that an item like that takes a day at most to model and texture. I understand you are desperate to make money through the gemstore, but you guys need to understand that you cannot make money when your players are leaving in droves. Also – esports – LOL :P

Who said the issue is the models? the issue is the collections, thats were the bulk of the work goes. Just look at how many weapon skins they included with HoT, all of those had models and textures and they certainly didnt take an average of 2 months each. had that being the case HoT would have taken a decade to come out.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

I don’t mind. I mean i do love cosmetics- but not in a 2k gold kinda way. So since i will never be making a legendary im not even affected.
I am pretty sure tho that some people would buy lots of gold to afford these legendarys. So im not sure how good this decision is from a financial standpoint. Then again i havo no idea how much work it is to produce a legendary weapon skin.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: fredler.7450

fredler.7450

HI all o/
I totaly agree with Mike on this one … nah just kidding wtf
At what point can arenanet’s behavior be calle fraudulent ? all those promises that were made during HOT hype and 90% of them are dropped /crapped …
BY FAR BEST PRANK OF 2016

Legendary weapons

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

plz suspend black lion wepoms development as well , if you need al the help you can get on this one and demand player to give up on somethhing they alredy bought you guys should give up as well for the sake of the game

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

WHy not at LEAST just simply go the old route…pre’s from mystic toilet and then do the collection later when you have time??

It makes no sense to abandon all that work..I’m sure the skins for every one of those wepons is designed…Just drop them in the mystic toilet and that will go towards SOME act of goodwill.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

Out of curiosity, where did the bottleneck in the proces lie? The ideqs for the legendqry design? Qctuqlly mqking the legendqry? Thinking out the collection or actually making it in game?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: SKDeadeye.6394

SKDeadeye.6394

Hate to be negative but this is Pathetic.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: ElyssaU.5182

ElyssaU.5182

They did deliver half an expansion, this is just more to add to the list of things promised but not delivered.

If anet staff is spread too thin, pull most of the 70 people working on the next expansion (what a joke) to work on the game that is on life support right now.

I have never seen a game company act this shifty.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

plz suspend black lion wepoms development as well , if you need al the help you can get on this one and demand player to give up on somethhing they alredy bought you guys should give up as well for the sake of the game

Guess you havent heard, it was quoted on the wvw forums – a third of the dev team is working on the next expansion.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Dreamer.1952

Dreamer.1952

Iam playing Gw2 since realease and my expirience with GW2 and the thing that bothers me now is → Today Legendary Weapons and tomorrow …..
Its now five months since the release of HoT and we got only a second raid map? And devs working on second so called “GW2 Expansion”.
Oh well they are working on the HoT content, like they worked on SAB and dropped it on several reasons.
If people want to make solutions they will find a way, but if they dont want to find a solution they will find excuses.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Klonoa.7068

Klonoa.7068

If this means new living world content I support this decision, even if it means letting down people who bought HoT expecting it. The game is stagnating hard with the only updates that add new content being raids. If this means new living world before quarter 3 of this year, I’ll be happy with this change.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Dahmerkitten.1385

Dahmerkitten.1385

The esport thing is just silly.

The last tournament they held i checked it out- barley anyone watching on twitch. Went to a few peoples personal twitchs/youtubes. maybe 100 subs.

200k prize for something no one is watching, and clearly almost no one cares about.

Is that really why they keep pushing out outfits and black lion skins super fast? To support that?

This has to be some sort of joke.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Obviously I go into this knowing that some players will be very upset. That’s why it’s such a tough decision.

Ankdarkwolf, Darkmikau, Ballads, Spira, Caerbannog, Cysgod, you each posted a variant of an accusation I’ve seen many times over the past few months on the forums, something along the lines of, “AN shipped half an expansion with HoT.” I take issue with that. We shipped a new region full of content, a new mastery system, gliding, guild halls, a new profession, nine new elite specializations for existing professions, and more. Then we shipped precursor journeys for existing legendaries, and said, “We’ve been working hard on new legendary weapons, the first handful of which will be introduced in Heart of Thorns, with more to come in subsequent updates.” While I fully get that you’re disappointed today, this is not about us shipping half an expansion pack.

Mo

Those precursor journeys were 3 years in the making after you floated the idea 6 months into the release of the VANILLA game.

The precursor journeys should have been in the BASE game to begin with, but you profited from the broken RNG of their initial design to drive up massive gold gates so people would buy gold with real life cash as you proceeded to nerf about every method of earning gold in-game that wasn’t auction house trading.

Most notably dungeons, which you gutted in rewards saying fractals and raids would cover that gap and yet they never did. While you continued to introduce more goldsinks everywhere.

Abandoned branching personal storyline. Abandoned dungeon branches for basically a once a year or two fractal update, when a single fractal is basically a single dungeon path.

The issue people took with your expansion is that they wanted more entertaining instanced content akin to the wonderful missions and dungeons in Guild Wars 1, and instead with Heart of Thorns you gave them Zerg Wars 2: Blob of Thorns with yet more brain dead “dynamic” events that everybody hates.

Nobody likes these zerg events where people mash their autoattack and brute force with taxing into a map.

They want smaller instanced content with actual challenge and gameplay.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Lioknight.8075

Lioknight.8075

I strongly believe that we will in fact entertain you. We’re a team of people who love the game that you love, and are working on things we’re confident you’ll love. But I’m not here to convince you of that, and I wouldn’t expect you to take my word for it. You can make that judgment in April, and each subsequent time we ship. I will work to make you happy, and I’ll do it by making you happy with what we ship, not with what we promise to ship.

Mo

No, you’re making this sound like a good thing, when in reality, this is THE VERY KITTEN LEAST you needed to deliver when the expansion launched. You should’ve said that at the right time and maybe, just maybe, we wouldn’t all be in this fustercluck.

Your greed is exposed by how many people are developing the next expansion when this one is not even finished. ANet, you have disappointed us greatly, and your playerbase is on it’s limit. It is hard to see the game I’ve grown to love go down the drain because of idiotic project management decisions. It’ll be hard to quit, but hell, I’ll be kitten ed if you fool me again.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Rising Blade.9206

Rising Blade.9206

We have a team of six developers working on that, who could work on it for years to come.[..]
So, after shipping Chuka and Champawat, I’ve asked that we indefinitely suspend work on new legendary weapons. This team of developers will instead shift their efforts back to Living World style content, building new journeys and events for everyone to participate in.

Personally, I think that’s a great decision and I fully support it. I am sure it was a really hard decision due to its controversy, kudos for that.

Just out of curiosity, what is the work intense part on the legendaries? The art design, the journey itself, the economic impact of the individual crafting components?

i’d like to remind you that there are 120 people working on the game, 70 of them are wasted on the expansion and 30 people on both core and the expac. if you don’t see what’s wrong with wasting that much manpower in content that they would release 3 years later then i have bad news for you.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: insomnia.3178

insomnia.3178

Let’s see what happened to this game after HOT release:

WvWvW—→destroyed

PvP—→Unbalanced(only 1 new map/gamemode released)

Dungeon’s rewards—→destroyed

Fractals—→nothing changed

Raid—→2/3 wings released (still not full)

New Legendary Weapons—→3/16 (only another 1 will come )—>cancelled

Legendary Armor—→Not available yet

Legendary backpack—→1/2 (only the pvp one, no eta for the other)

Open world—→4 new maps ,masteries etc etc

New class—→1 (revenant)+9 subclasses (specializations)

New races—→ 0

Weekly free story updates—→ 0

GW2 E-Sport—→giant fiasco

GEM kittenING STORE—→ 1 kittening kittenty item every day!!!

I leave this on the table for your consideration.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Cactus Brawler.7415

Cactus Brawler.7415

At the very least Anet need to offer some form of compensation.

They can’t advertise part of a product then pull it after people have paid for it.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

i’d like to remind you that there are 120 people working on the game, 70 of them are wasted on the expansion and 30 people on both core and the expac. if you don’t see what’s wrong with wasting that much manpower in content that they would release 3 years later then i have bad news for you.

This right here is the kittening problem.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

woaaaah…. you want more legendaries ? if you ask me to choose. content or legendary skin? I say. content plsssssssssssssss

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Dreamer.1952

Dreamer.1952

At the very least Anet need to offer some form of compensation.

They can’t advertise part of a product then pull it after people have paid for it.

Dont let the compenmsation into the hands of A-net. The only thing you will get is a booster from Cashshop as compensation.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

So you’ve just added to the lack of content in the game by removing the 1 thing people asked for to be added, figures.

You should have left it that pre’s could be gotten from the forge and traded, this would have allowed for faster introduction of the new legendary’s, and the grind fest ( crafting ) could have been added later, this would have still at least allowed the new weapons to be introduced as promised,

It seems that Anet is really struggling here, we keep hearing about we have all these dev’s yet HoT is still awash with game breaking bugs that are not fixed, and no new content is being pushed, maybe its time to pull the TP dev team into your core group, or better yet move the TP dev team into the new legendary team, after all the TP dev team are pushing out new content on a weekly basis,

It really feels like your getting distracted or have no idea where your going, its like you have an idea and start on it, and then well this might work too, and get side tracked and before you know it you have no idea where you where going in the first place,

Im just expecting now a post stating, sorry the WvW fix has been delayed due to unforeseen circumstances, we’ll check back in a year.

As the new Legendarys have been scrapped, and the collections are basically pointless now ( crafting was only for newer players not veterans ) can you PLEASE allow us to craft more than 1 of the new Legendarys I would love to not have to move my Nevermore between characters.

There is no doubt that had you said 2 months prior to HoT release that Legendarys would be scrapped, a lot less people would have invested in your game, this update you posted, will hurt your game going forward for future expansions, ive been playing GW since launch back in 05, and GW2 since launch, and even im starting to feel like its becoming shady.

WvW broken
PvP hurting
Dungeons nerfed
New legendarys cancelled
Hot game breaking bugs since launch

Yea its not looking to HOT right about now.

Thinking about it, is there any reason to go back into the HoT maps at all now, you needed to grind them maps for the materials needed for the new Legendary’s now that you don’t need the mats anymore, the grinding can stop,

I don’t know why anyone would go into the maps now, afterall the loot rewards are shocking, the bags affect by magic find drops blues and greens even with 450%+ MF, and after doing each map multiple times its no longer fun.

(edited by Ok I Did It.2854)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Well, at the very least this explains Colin’s exit. I don’t believe for ONE second the "being closer to home " excuse now.

Question is, is there a future? I know it’s only a game but this news has shaken my confidence in the game.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

It seems that Anet is really struggling here, we keep hearing about we have all these dev’s yet HoT is still awash with game breaking bugs that are not fixed, and no new content is being pushed, maybe its time to pull the TP dev team into your core group, or better yet move the TP dev team into the new legendary team, after all the TP dev team are pushing out new content on a weekly basis,

Not the TP team. The 70-person Xpack team.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Kerin.9125

Kerin.9125

This team of developers will instead shift their efforts back to Living World style content, building new journeys and events for everyone to participate in.

Glad you finally decided to stop catering to the small minority who have the time and/or desire to play such niche content as legendary items and raids.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Hanzlo.3148

Hanzlo.3148

Let’s see what happened to this game after HOT release:

WvWvW—->destroyed

PvP—->Unbalanced(only 1 new map/gamemode released)

Dungeon’s rewards—->destroyed

Fractals—->nothing changed

Raid—->2/3 wings released (still not full)

New Legendary Weapons—->3/16 (only another 1 will come )—>cancelled

Legendary Armor—->Not available yet

Legendary backpack—->1/2 (only the pvp one, no eta for the other)

Open world—->4 new maps ,masteries etc etc

New class—->1 (revenant)+9 subclasses (specializations)

New races—-> 0

Weekly free story updates—-> 0

GW2 E-Sport—->giant fiasco

GEM kittenING STORE—-> 1 kittening kittenty item every day!!!

I leave this on the table for your consideration.

^^ THIS!

Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day.Live and die on this day.
Gunnar’s Hold – [ACID]

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

This team of developers will instead shift their efforts back to Living World style content, building new journeys and events for everyone to participate in.

Glad you finally decided to stop catering to the small minority who have the time and/or desire to play such niche content as legendary items and raids.

He didn’t say anything about axing the Raid team, that’s probably the only content you will see being updated.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Inshi.6970

Inshi.6970

Imo Anet should pull off all the people from the new expansion team and make them work on the current one to deliver what they promised. You should start work on new expansion when the current one is about 80% done.

Personally about 50% of things that I expected from HoT hype spoilers season are nowhere near finished and with this rate probably never will be. My expectations for HoT were very high considering all the things promised, and looking at the base-game developement from the start. Up until now it was going REALLY slow, but I was okay with that. But recent news are really disappointing.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Fantastic news! I am very happy with Anets decision. I am not working at Anet and I don’t know how much difference it will do but I like how O Brien says that they will aim more on the LW content. This is what made me live GW2, not stupid Legendary weapons that I have to farm 24/7 to get my hands on. I have played since release with only a few weeks breaks and I have not ever got a legendary not even a Pre-cursor.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

I really want this game to succeed and flourish but Anet needs to deliver on their hype. Don’t be the game company that cried wolf.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Tuthan.3250

Tuthan.3250

Hello Mike,

As a GW2 veteran player, I am more than happy to hear that more people are working on the Living Story contents. I understand that new legendary weapons are nice to have, but it won’t make me want to log in game daily to play. If your team can deliver more fun contents in game, I am 100% going to support the game and whatever expansion coming up in future. It doesn’t need to be bi-weekly update like before, just monthly Living World update is enough to keep me playing GW2 for a long time. Thanks Anet for making such a wonderful game!

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

Legendary weapons are content and guess what Mike, it will give us more content than your pathetic living story. It took me a day to go through Season 2, how long will your Season 3 last?

I supported you from GW1 and now you have destroyed the last bit of hope and respect I had for your company. There should be grounds for a compensation because I payed for legendary weapons and I am not getting them. I wish I could truly vent my frustration but I would get banned with the amount of expletives.

Scrap that expensive Pro League, scrap new money grabbing gem store skins and scrap the new expansion. Finish this half shipped expansion first!!!!!!!!!!

RP enthusiast

Legendary weapons

Posted by: sauce.1790

sauce.1790

So… exactly what have the devs been working since the release of HoT?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: bababear.9630

bababear.9630

Really disappointed to be honest, I don’t play anymore because of the lack of content mess that was HoT, I check reddit and this forums sometimes and the direction of the game is really upsetting for me, I played soon after launch and really really loved the game now it seems the people managing it don’t really care about it at all. I understand there are different teams for different parts of the game but when you’re putting out a new glider and outfit nearly every week and then let the dungeon team go and now tell us you can’t do this, it shows where priorities lie and that’s $$$$$$

you should NOT be working on a new expansion with the state that HoT and the base game is in, again, this shows me you don’t actually care and will just half kitten content and send it out unfinished or with bugs. Looks like Colin jumped ship and left others to make the hard decisions to clean up some mess.

inb4 someone tells me: “but companies need to make money!1!1!” yes, but when the only stuff theyre giving us is gemstore updates and another expansion, its a little sad.

(edited by bababear.9630)