Legendary weapons

Legendary weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Atenhara.2947

Atenhara.2947

This is actually great news for me. I have spent the last 2 months trying to get enough Tyria mastery points to even start crafting them. I think I am down to my last one to go.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Gewd.8125

Gewd.8125

If it weren’t for the stupid scavenger hunt people the legendaries would probably already be out.

The scavenger hunt thing probably accounts for 90% of the work in making a new legendary which is why they are coming out so slowly now.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Magnus Godrik.5841

Magnus Godrik.5841

WOW. Your joking, right.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

If it weren’t for the stupid scavenger hunt people the legendaries would probably already be out.

The scavenger hunt thing probably accounts for 90% of the work in making a new legendary which is why they are coming out so slowly now.

yes

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Here we go, the damage control message deleting has begun. Ill see you on greener pastures my brethrin

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Arkvan.3561

Arkvan.3561

Sounds like you’re in dire need of more developers. Are you hiring?

Edit: it’s a serious offer.

No one hears you.

(edited by Arkvan.3561)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Without new Legendary weapons I have NO motivation to login and do nothing but grind. The expansion was great, I have all my mastery points, and once my Revenant gets all leveled up I will have no reason to login every day. Nevermore is wonderful and gave me lots to do but so many of the Legendary weapons have such a narrow theme, none of my characters are interested in them. We waited an eternity for the new weapons and now with only four new ones you’re closing the doors again?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

This news is making my depressions worse. Usually playing GW2 helps me with my depressions but these news arent helping at all

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Niksuli.9751

Niksuli.9751

Buy expansion for new legendaries and such, a year after we’ll have at max like 4. Release the rest years later, this is how to scam your own playerbase, good job.

guildless and toxic

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Um … I did say if he hadn’t made them account bound. /points to her first sentence

They come account bound…..

that’s literally what he just said, verbatim

um no… they said “Only if you processed the mats into account bound things. Otherwise you now have a gold mine.”

There is no processing, they literally start out account bound.

The post I quoted complained about “all the farming I did.” I know that all my farming for hard wood for the Gift of Wood got me a lot of non-account bound wood until I made the Gift. Ditto the iron and platinum to make deldrimor ingots (which also can be sold). Heck, all the orbs I’ve amassed over the years could be sold if I didn’t want to make amalgamateds, same with the dust for promotion.

So there is plenty of legendary-related farming that gets you salable mats if you end up electing not to use them for the legendary, so long as you do not convert them to the non-salable forms until you are making the thing. Which is all I said. Had s/he said account bound in relation to the farming comment, I’d not have put in that line in my comments on the overall situation addressed by this thread.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Nunna.6413

Nunna.6413

Mike ..
I really want to love your game and play it with all my heart like before, like way back on release .. but I can’t. I tried to support this game with all my might, buying gems, buying the most expensive expansion just to support the game I love even when I have so few times to play it. But you need to understand that there’s a limit to all that, and I think I reach those limit. The dream is gone, all those beautiful vision .. gone .. I am so sorry, but I just can’t keep up .. there’s too much shenanigan that keeps driving me away from this game, it’s kinda sad .. So, good luck with everything.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Please… Legendaries are Rewards not content. All the stuff you get to play (content) with the new legendaries is already there and will stay there.

Yet they affect the game just as much. Each of the old legendaries, for example, require a minimum of 250 of each T6 material, if not more (Bifrost requires something like 750 crystalline dust).
Add to this the grindfest that is TII precursor crafting, and legendaries actually have a rather measurable impact on the economy in the game.
I suspect that’s why the new ones got cut. Not enough of a gold sink/not enough of a catalyst to get people to buy gems.

Dont get me wrong, I am not arguing against the importance of legendaires , I am only disagreeing with the statement that legendaries are content, they’re not.

Legendaries are crucial for many aspects of the game, they’re undoubtedly the heart of the economy and are the engine that makes the game work in the longer term without vertical progression.

Unfortunately right now we have been without new content for a long time and unfortunately for a lot of people HoT replay-ability just isnt there. I am glad they have scrambled to build a new expansion but if HoT is any indications that is at least 2 years away (we dont know exactly when they started work on HoT but Maclaine said in a POI about music that he started working on the HoT soundtrack 2 years prior to release. Living story is estimate to come out H2 2016 naturally when that became known people showed their displeasure at having at least 3 more months with no new content to play. Anet listened and when evaluating what they could do they came up with the option of releasing some content at the expense of releasing new legendaries for now. Personally I think thats the right move because while yes Legendaries are essentially for the game so is actual playable content.

Also I dont know why everything has to become a conspiracy theory of how Anet are trying to get more money from us. Yeah bifrost required 750 crystalline dust thats what? 190g ? Nevermore requires 75 spiritwood planks thats about… 750g… in total to craft nevermore had you to buy everything from the Trading post 3 months ago according to a post on reddit it will cost you about 2500g crafting bifrost on the other hand requires The legend, through precursor crafting that would cost 871g according to GW2BLTC, Gift of Bifrost, 343g, Gfit of fortune 940g for a total of 2154g. so no they are no less of a gold sink, they’re at least equal to if not more.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Jushiohara.9140

Jushiohara.9140

This news is making my depressions worse. Usually playing GW2 helps me with my depressions but these news arent helping at all

I feel ya. This really bummed me out. My favorite game is going downhill fast and I feel robbed of the money I spent. Unless they fix this, I’m going to be done with the game. Wife and I have both played since beta and we feel absolutely betrayed by this decision to cut content that we paid for.

The Sylvari Ranger

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Kaleygh.1524

Kaleygh.1524

Hopefully most gaming websites and/or magazines will pick up on this. Anet got away with too much already and it is time for them to learn that they cannot ignore their customers or treat us like we do not exist.

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

It is content when you use the fact that you will be able to get 16 new legendaries as a leverage point for getting people to drop 50 buck on your expansion.

No that’s called advertisement not content.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Luac Agwayen.6419

Luac Agwayen.6419

I’m looking forward to the coming story content and the April Update. Enjoying the game since pre start and still playing. Thanks for so many fun times with this game!

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I know its kinda pointless to bring up old news stuff, but travel back with me to one of the sites first blog posts.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/is-it-fun-colin-johanson-on-how-arenanet-measures-success/

So, my question is, is this method still done? Did members actually sit through HoT events, note the requirement needed for items and skins and say with a straight face, “This is fun!”

And is it still measured by the success of people staying on to play because of said “fun”, or is it back to basically looking at subscription numbers, just replace “subscription” with “gem store sales”?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I just want clarification on what the April update is. Because other than reducing the grind and “increasing rewards” it seems like there isn’t much planned that’s new and exciting.

The only thing I can think of is that SAB is coming out with this update.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: MrSavvy.2804

MrSavvy.2804

Thank you for releasing this information now.

Now I know to quit today instead of in several months.

I came back 2 weeks ago to GW2 after a 2yr+ break. I was excited by your promise of 16 new legendary weapons so I purchased HOT. I’ve logged 130+hrs in the past 2wks. I’ve already spent money in the gem store.

But I’m done. Anet you’re shooting yourself in the foot. Thanks for lying to us and using false advertisement.

GG

I’m out.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

I just wanted to say that I think this is clearly the right decision for the longer-term health of the game. The content drought has been ridiculous. Effectively, we’ve had one meaningful content drop in fifteen months: HoT. Other MMOs with far smaller teams and budgets seem to manage to put out both a paid-for expansion and several free content drops of significance in that timescale. The status quo is evidently not sustainable. Something needed to be done – whether scrapping this one project and re-assigning what sounds like quite a small team elsewhere is enough we will have to wait and see.

The issues of trust that are being raised in this thread are important but anyone who’s been playing for a while will recognize that these are the same arguments that have been made following many previous decisions and changes of direction. Such trust in the company as there might have been during the long beta ramp-up and the post-launch honeymoon began to decline around the time of the Karka Invasion, well over three years ago, and has never recovered. It’s too late to worry about losing trust – it was lost long ago.

Naturally, everyone who was invested in the new Legendary system is going to be upset. As has been pointed out numerous times, if the issue is primarily over the time it takes to produce the lengthy scavenger hunts rather than the models themselves, it might be possible to limit the damage by simply adding the new weapons as RNG drops/crafted items in the same manner as the old. If that’s not possible then it’s a question of weighing one set of disgruntled customers against another and deciding which set is more valuable, I guess. You can’t please everyone all the time.

It seems apparent that this game has been drifting rudderless for a long time now. That’s no surprise to many of us playing it, I’m sure. I just hope that the new captain has a clearer idea of how to steer the ship and where he’s planning on sailing it than the last one did. This decision at least indicates he’s got a firm grip of the wheel and that’s got to be an improvement.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: ezhcim.3075

ezhcim.3075

It is content when you use the fact that you will be able to get 16 new legendaries as a leverage point for getting people to drop 50 buck on your expansion.

No that’s called advertisement not content.

It’s called promised content, that’s what games are you know? content.

Imagine if I promoted a game and promised that in my game you are going to have an kitten nal of 30 weapons. Then the game comes out, many people buy my game, but they can only play with 1 gun.

Then you come out trying to defend me telling people: what are you complaining about? you can still play the full game don’t you?

Well I call that being silly, a liar, a scammer, and false advertisement.

You lie to your customers and promise content and features that you don’t deliver.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

Nothing’s going to be resolved here, btw. This didn’t happen in the last few days; it happened the moment they took on more than they could handle and started promising everything for everyone.

The outcome of that was always going to be people disappointed and unhappy. All that matters at this point is whether or not you can personally get over that and whether or not they can go back to being the good game they once were without it being too little too late.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

Legendary weapons

Serophous.9085

I just want clarification on what the April update is. Because other than reducing the grind and “increasing rewards” it seems like there isn’t much planned that’s new and exciting.

The only thing I can think of is that SAB is coming out with this update.

That’s how I see it. This next update is just fixes, nothing new. I mean, usually other big gaming companies have their content droughts at the end of expansions. We had a long content drought, got basically a small expansion update (i really tried to take my time with it, and go slow. Still finished in about 2 months…), and now content drought again.

I’m actually starting to worry that LS3 is just going to be just this fall, and in december we get the ending teaser of the NEXT expansion already, and be in another content drought for another year.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: That Other Guy.7351

That Other Guy.7351

Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but how about the recent drought of content? That kind of thing happens when we spread ourselves too thin, and when we let the content development pipeline empty out so we can fight fires.

If the team is spread to thin isn’t that really a sign that the team is too small to handle the scope of the game and that more should be hired?

Legendary weapons

Serophous.9085

Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but how about the recent drought of content? That kind of thing happens when we spread ourselves too thin, and when we let the content development pipeline empty out so we can fight fires.

If the team is spread to thin isn’t that really a sign that the team is too small to handle the scope of the game and that more should be hired?

Its also a sign that too many members are assigned to wrong projects. like 70 / 120 of your employees working on the next expansion rather than the current game…

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

youre completely right about the revenue. i posted without giving much thought to it. im obviously not very keen on this.

i just read over the financial reports. given their flattening sales and gross profit, i guess using a new xpac as a loss leader could work if they generated a lot more gem sales from new and returning players. unless current issues are fixed though, this will not work and be a failed quick fix. i think many veterans would be more then willing to pitch in an extra 40$ for a wvw overhaul, a new ls, an improved pvp season system, and any new additions to profession specializations.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Yes, but Anets president needed a 600k bonus payment as far as I heared. Who needs 20 more employes if you can pay yourself a large bonus.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

Appreciate the honesty. I know it has probably been said a hundred times in this thread already, but having a large team working on the next expansion when the current one is still so unfinished* and dysfunctional is a really bad idea.

I imagine Mike knows this, but the Anet business gurus have decided that expansions equal money so that’s where the staff have to go. That’s not a good idea if the amount of potential expansion buyers has decreased dramatically due to the state of the live game though. I was happy with HoT at release but since then something has seriously gone wrong.

*The “half an expansion” thing is a bit harsh but I think this often refers to things being left in a questionable state with no changes for 5 months now. For example Scribing costs were obviously too expensive and that hasn’t changed. The HoT maps are stuck on that 2h timer/taxi system which anet has acknowledged is bad but has done nothing about. WvW is… well, you can see any post on the WvW forums for that. And the current living story is about 3 hours long, at least 2 hours of which is NPCs standing there engaging in unskippable dialogue or running between locations.

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

(edited by Eulolia.2467)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

Its more along the lines of grabbing a second plate of food when you are not even done with the first, then sort of trying to eat from both at the same time, while mostly focusing on the second one, as the first one gradually becomes cold and disgusting.

too much focus on the “next” big thing, when the focus should be on what we already got, and what has been promised to come out up until now.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Dragon Masher.5749

Dragon Masher.5749

Hi mike, thanks for the transparency.

But instead of axing the team responsible for new legendaries why not just axe the precursor scavenger hunt. Turn the new precursors into sellable, dropable and forgeable items. Problem solved. Than revisit the journeys afterwards when things arent so hectic around the office. You have a amazing art team that can produce new Black lion skins, armor sets and cool gliders so how hard can it be to create the new legendaries.

TLDR: get rid of the crafting and stick to what worked befor, RNG drops.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Then it’s a matter of income supporting the size of the team. This looks simply a case of believing they could deliver on all of this and falling way, way short thus the prioritizing of what will keep a majority of players playing rather than devoting manpower to creating additional “legendary journeys” cause we can see how relatively quickly they can come up with weapon skins. Okay legendary weapons have a lot more visual bells and whistles like footfalls and attack effects but if it was just skins from a precursor and it’s legendary, they wouldn’t have to pivot.

Sounded like a great idea at the time when they started with the older legendary precursors, then it just went all katamari damacy with resources and time. Plus I bet they have metrics that are showing a relatively low percentage of players doing these and thus goes back to putting the personal on content that caters to the most players in PvE (since these collections are PvE content).

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Aside from appealing to my opinion, which has been made for my section of the fanbase, I’m going to appeal to your finances. Honestly, pull everyone but concept and narrative off the new expansion, and schedule a timetable to revisit that. That expansion is a disaster waiting to happen as of this announcement. There is no point in having people work on it if you have to suspend advertised features of the current product. Nobody will have an ounce of faith in what you market for the next expansion. It’s throwing money away, at the moment.

No need to worry about that! Gamers or at least those who play GW2 have the memory of a goldfish. Dangle something shiny in front of them and they will forget all about this while hopping on the next hype train.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: KittyCat.2059

KittyCat.2059

I have made all the mats pre made and ready too and it saddens me that I wasted all my time and energy and some gold. Is there going to be a way to break down the items to get back the mats since now they are account bound items and useless.
Gift of Magumma Mastery 724 gold
Mystic Tribute 593 gold
Crystalline Ingots

Legendary weapons

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

In other news SWTOR recently stopped releasing raids and is focusing on story, casuals, and its players. They now release monthly story patches, essentially similar to HoT story, except at a reasonable and not absurd price.

It took 3.5 years but GW2 and SWTOR seem to have flipped places now… never thought i’d see the say when EA was being more reasonable than Anet.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I have made all the mats pre made and ready too and it saddens me that I wasted all my time and energy and some gold. Is there going to be a way to break down the items to get back the mats since now they are account bound items and useless.
Mystic Tribute 593 gold
Crystalline Ingots

I would contact support and see if they’ll send you the components of those items in exchange for you deleting them. It’s worth a try.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

to all the people that want a refund, at the start of HoT some people asked for a refund and they got one, but your account gets suspended and you can never use it again.

Considering how I felt today when I was playing I don’t think I’d care. I haven’t completely made up my mind, but I just had the most sucky experience playing today. I wonder what will they cut out next? They already took my primary motivation to play their game and flushed it, so I suppose there isn’t anything worse that they could do, but I don’t have any faith in any aspect of their product because it is obvious they fail to take pride in it anymore. If I worked there and Amazon offered me a job, I’d have taken it too. Actually, I wonder what Amazon is working on? Maybe they’ll have a new home for me. A game that respects crafting is a must for me, and this game fairly much just announced they were divesting their interest in creating crafting content. I am actively looking for a new game to invest my time in. I put in over 1500 hours since September because I wanted to make legendary weapons. I will never get that time back. I feel like they just wasted a few months of my life.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

I think they knew even before they started the pre sale for HoT that they were not going to deliver everything they had advertised in their community streams etc – Have a look at the box if you got a physical copy – it only mentions Guild Halls, Elites and Masteries – that’s it, its very legally savvy and very depressing.

I also think they don’t have ANY Project Managers – none, nada.

Ive project managed for 15+ years YOU are the linchpin that keeps it all together by communicating to each team where the others are at if it impacts their schedule – YOU are the person draining the blood out of the faces of sub contractors to GET IT DONE

- YOU are the person telling your client ( the company ) if they start changing the goal posts AFTER the contract for the project has been agreed that NO they cant do that and it will have to be saved for future projects.

I like the language you are using MO – it implies genuine attempts to correct mistakes – unfortunately this massive turnaround on project parameters yet again is just old patterns repeating – its skritt like and a complete kitten ache for customers who bought the xpac based on what you said would definitely come with the xpac.

And i say this as someone who only bought the xpac for LS and had no intention of ever making a Legendary – its just plain wrong.

Put your hand in your pocket – get out your wallet and get yourself a god kitten Project Mnager who can COMMUNICATE and who can reign in any lip flapping about ideas that cannot be completed within timeframe and to spec.

Christ I would work for half rate, im sure others would too.

(edited by Rococo.8347)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: KittyCat.2059

KittyCat.2059

Yet 2 months ago -

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/40n8gp/state_of_the_game_2016_post/cyvo6mx

Colin: We’ve said it before – but i’ll reinforce we’re working on more legendary weapons: YES.

and…

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://dulfy.net/2016/01/08/gw2-jan-8-guild-chat-livestream-notes/

Colin: “I have seen some of the new legendaries, they are amazing”

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Mystic Tribute 593 gold
Crystalline Ingots

I would contact support and see if they’ll send you the components of those items in exchange for you deleting them. It’s worth a try.

I had some sort of intuition not to make my ore into ingots “just in case”, I have all the components banked and uncrafted until they are needed. I have all the ore to make the ingots, I played dragon stand every day for months, sometimes without getting one ore because it failed. My disappointment is extremely deep. Nevermore was to be my first weapon, and then I was going to make others that were nontradeable. I don’t see a reason to make nevermore even though I have almost all the components banked and halfway through the journey. I don’t feel like playing this game anymore.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

Hey, I am late for the discussion but just wanted to leave my word for you guys.
Thank you for being transparent regarding the decisions been made. Only a handful of studios out there take this toll of being honest with their players.

Of course, I am disappointed that, as a D/D Elementalist, I’ll have to keep up with the Incinerator (not really a fan of it), but I trust you guys to make the tough calls that will be the best for us.

Hopefully one day I’ll finally get hired by Arena Net and help out with those pipelines!
Until then, good gaming!

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

I love the Dreamer, I think it’s hilarious. But then I also use it on my ranger in spite of it apparently being useless so my opinions seem to be quite different to most people on this forum.

But it seems to be one of the most devisive legendaries (people either love it or hate it) so having an alternative seems like a good idea.

Whereas there are 2 legendary Greatswords already (3 if you count Eternity as a separate skin) and they’re some of the most popular of the whole lot so even if more professions use them I think there’s less demand for new ones.

Yes but most classes use the greatsword. I would have been fine with sword or shield, even torch is used by nearly half the classes same with dagger both of which are used in all 3 weight classes to boot.

This isn’t just because people either like or dislike the dreamer it’s about the fact that ONLY 2 classes use it both in medium and honestly thief has a better use of it. And I used to use SB on my ranger in pvp a lot before the trait system got changed and enjoyed it.

They should pick a weapon that most classes use not one that most don’t even touch and only one that puts it to good use.

Just saying: they actually never have chosen to give the shortbow as the last legendary weapon. There was a time they planned to give a full set of legendary weapons. Shortbow and mace were the 2 weapons which are the closest to completion. It just worked out like that. Now they have chosen that legendaries don’t seem to be worth the work anymore, so they just give us what they are able to finish → shortbow.

Still hate the decision since I really wanted a new legendary rifle. Anet just fails to fulfil their promises….

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

Mystic Tribute 593 gold
Crystalline Ingots

I had some sort of intuition not to make my ore into ingots “just in case”, I have all the components banked and uncrafted until they are needed. I have all the ore to make the ingots, I played dragon stand every day for months, sometimes without getting one ore because it failed. My disappointment is extremely deep. Nevermore was to be my first weapon, and then I was going to make others that were nontradeable. I don’t see a reason to make nevermore even though I have almost all the components banked and halfway through the journey. I don’t feel like playing this game anymore.

So… You wanted Nevermore, but now you don’t want it anymore because they won’t release legendaries you have never seen? I fail to understand the reasoning.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Vephar.8475

Vephar.8475

I’m so glad you decided to do this, AN. Living worlds were the most fun I’ve ever had in this game, having the world constantly changing around you and it just felt like things were happening in the world. You guys managed to push out a new LS every 2 weeks and they were amazing. It was great quantity AND quality.

I know a lot of people enjoy legendaries and I do too, but I would much rather have an amazing story and fun content to play and progress than to have a shiny weapon and I’m sure the majority of the player-base would agree. Most players play for the story and content and it’s legendary weapon hunters who are in the minority, sorry guys.

I’m looking forward to creating amazing memories and having fun progressing in the living worlds again.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

I’m more shocked by the fact that there are two of them…

(or is the name is just two words?)

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Legendary weapons

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I’m more shocked by the fact that there are two of them…

(or is the name is just two words?)

More likely, one is the precursor and the other the legendary

Legendary weapons

Posted by: ezhcim.3075

ezhcim.3075

I’m so glad you decided to do this, AN. Living worlds were the most fun I’ve ever had in this game, having the world constantly changing around you and it just felt like things were happening in the world. You guys managed to push out a new LS every 2 weeks and they were amazing. It was great quantity AND quality.

I know a lot of people enjoy legendaries and I do too, but I would much rather have an amazing story and fun content to play and progress than to have a shiny weapon and I’m sure the majority of the player-base would agree. Most players play for the story and content and it’s legendary weapon hunters who are in the minority, sorry guys.

I’m looking forward to creating amazing memories and having fun progressing in the living worlds again.

Most people actually agree that false advertisement is not a good way to do business, and regardless of whether you like PvE content or Legendaries it is very scary to see a company completely disregard what they had promised to deliver while asking you to suck it up and be happy with what you have and some more story content they might put out at a later date.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

woaaaah…. you want more legendaries ? if you ask me to choose. content or legendary skin? I say. content plsssssssssssssss

Here’s the biggest straw man of this entire discussion. Bottom line is that we shouldn’t have to choose. As Mr. O’Brien said, one of the major selling points of this game was its focus on a living, breathing world. The only story we’ve gotten since the end of S2 was from HoT. The world has been stale. And yet, their expansion promised a new generation of legendary weapons, and people bought it.

If they didn’t have any plan set up for the living world after the xpac, and they didn’t have a plan for the legendary journeys, what exactly did they spend all that prep work on? How is this not seen as a colossal failure on both counts?

It’s the same old cycle. They give us bad news, claim to be more invested than ever in communication, and people rush to congratulate them for making the hard choice to communicate. This is not new. It is dang close to being a slapstick routine, at this point.

And people are buying that it’s totally fine to neglect the thing that’s been bought and paid for (Heart of Thorns) in order for them to work on another thing they want to sell us (Season 3 and HoT2.0). This totally baffles me.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Vephar.8475

Vephar.8475

Most people actually agree that false advertisement is not a good way to do business, and regardless of whether you like PvE content or Legendaries it is very scary to see a company completely disregard what they had promised to deliver while asking you to suck it up and be happy with what you have and some more story content they might put out at a later date.

That is very true, but I do believe they TRIED. I don’t think they had planned it out to cancel them when they released HoT. This was most likely, as Mike already stated, a difficult decision. I guess my excitement for Living Worlds is overriding my displeasure for their failed promise.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

I’m likely to die of old age before I even get one legendary anything created, so for me it’s easy: go living story!

But, I have a much greater priority than either: Fix the maps in HoT! Give us some kind of mapping tool(s) that allow us to see the layers and the paths through them. As it is, it’s nearly impossible to see where you are and how to get above or below where you are.

I’ve given up even trying any more after Auric Basin and Tangled Depths. I’ve come to an understanding for myself that I just can’t hack it there. To these old eyes, it’s too frustrating to even bother any more. So, obviously, to me legendary items are not even a consideration.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Kastiel.1947

Kastiel.1947

That is very true, but I do believe they TRIED. I don’t think they had planned it out to cancel them when they released HoT. This was most likely, as Mike already stated, a difficult decision. I guess my excitement for Living Worlds is overriding my displeasure for their failed promise.

Hahaha, bro I used to be like you . See you in the July update when they scrap LS3 for expac2/“brand new WvW overhaul”/or pretty much what ever they feel like. Calling it now, nobody gonna see anything done there either