Legendary weapons

Legendary weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

I really dont get some of the people here. Lets use this as an example:

You go to a yard Sale. Good ol’ MO here is selling his Computer and tells you it has 16GB of RAM, 2 Titan X Graphics Card and a Top Gen Intel Processor, along with other basic stuff.
When you get hope to plug it in, its running, but you realize it only has 4GB of RAM.

You call MO about the problem, and he tells you he may or may not send you the missing 12 GB of RAM when he can be bothered to, while he and his mates are putting together his new Rig he might sell when the next yard sale comes around.

Would you be satisfied with that purchase if he told you that he doesnt have the time to look for your 12GB because he is busy making Toast with Gw2 Logos, so that you can enjoy that Toast while you wait for the next yard sale?

It boggles my mind that so many of you only stick to the “legendary weapon” part of the issue and fail to see the whole picture.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

The more I see, the more that I think that Anet just needs to back up and get back to the vision they had when the game launched. They know how to make a great game. I know people criticized season one for the temporary nature of much of the content, but the content itself was fun and entertaining. Just as importantly, the developers continually let us know how passionate they were about that content. Think back to some of the lead in (videos, in game hints, etc) activities for things like Southsun, Molten Facility, Tower of Nightmares, etc.

We’ve lost that sense of developer passion – and we have lost the unique and fun content we were getting then.

IMO, I would rather they scrapped the idea of expansions and moved to a “season pass” business model. Put the entire team back on making a living breathing world and, every 2-3 years, ask us to pay a one time cost to access the new region you have added (are in the process of adding) to the game.

Two to three years ago, we considered this a great game. Today, it feels off track. It’s time to look at the difference between now and then and get this train heading in the right direction again.

This is what I think they’re trying to do. The problem is that a lot of us, including me, think we need to continue down the ‘wrong path’ (legendaries) just long enough to scoop up the content we were promised.

It really is a tough spot the developers are in – They accidentally killed WvW trying to shake it up with a new map. They continue to waste resources on SPvP, including the Tournament and seasons/ladder because that’s where I think a lot of them have passion, and a very vocal-and-active minority on the forums and Reddit. They have to have Living Story developed in a timely manner to keep the story going. They have to have the next Xpack’s content ready for when Living Story segues into it (Do we really want another year between being on the verge of accessing the Dominion of Winds and alliance with the Tengu because they’re still trying to rig all the armors to the new race’s body for playable characters? Or a year between marching into the Crystal Desert to face Kralkatorrik and the XPack because the Ranger’s Commando Rifle 3 isn’t working with the trait line properly?)

AND we need 12 more legendaries because they were promised for this Xpack.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: ICY.9382

ICY.9382

I only logged in to make Half-Expansion-Mike a thing.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Ahhhh…. the amount of people getting upset over this is amusing to me.

I too get amused when consumers get upset when they’re robbed by companies.

I meant the everyone yelling at each other and Anet.

And no one was “robbed” they just feel robbed, legendary weapons were pointless anyways.

I’d say taking full payment for half a product is robbery.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Obviously I go into this knowing that some players will be very upset. That’s why it’s such a tough decision.

Ankdarkwolf, Darkmikau, Ballads, Spira, Caerbannog, Cysgod, you each posted a variant of an accusation I’ve seen many times over the past few months on the forums, something along the lines of, “AN shipped half an expansion with HoT.” I take issue with that. We shipped a new region full of content, a new mastery system, gliding, guild halls, a new profession, nine new elite specializations for existing professions, and more. Then we shipped precursor journeys for existing legendaries, and said, “We’ve been working hard on new legendary weapons, the first handful of which will be introduced in Heart of Thorns, with more to come in subsequent updates.” While I fully get that you’re disappointed today, this is not about us shipping half an expansion pack.

Mo

This is the most disrespectful response to a customer base I’ve seen in awhile. You DID ship half of an expansion although I’ll go as high as 60%. Half of what came out was just reworks on core systems (many of what came out for non-HoT purchasers too) and the new region was 3 and a half maps. GW2 managed those same things in feature packs before you announced expansions. Those were free! When you get $50-$100 per person, I expect that the least you can do is finish what you promised on the “box” and you hire more people if needed. Sad…

I’ve noticed MO is kinda disrespectful. but try not to get on his bad side, he actually gave me an infraction and removed the comment I made that earned my place in his response because he didn’t agree with it.

Fair enough. I’m done. Thanks for the warning.

Yeah… hes definitely the ONLY person who is being disrespectful in ANYWAY what so ever! (sarcasm).
You people have done nothing but complain and point fingers and be disrespectful to ANET in this forum post (and other forums posts) but mike says something that is blunt (but not disrespectful) and suddenly hes the one in the wrong? PLEASE! the amount of QQ in just this forum post alone is ridiculous and uncalled for! you all act as though anet is taking away your newborn child and not some useless weapons that have ZERO purpose! THINK ABOUT IT! legendary weapons give you NOTHING other than “oooh i can change the stats on my staff but thats it” when you could craft a few ascended staves (and put sigils on them) for far cheaper. all this outrage is completely pointless

And yet people have spent countless hours working on legendaries. In this specific case they paid for them.

Legendary weapons are part of the entertainment value of the game. The game itself has no more use than as entertainment. Legendaries serve the same purpose as the game.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

What is the point of faster delivery of a second expansion if the first is left partially undelivered?

Expansions are effectively taken as though they’re a new game a lot of the time. An expansion draws in new players and draws back returning players. If the playerbase is diminished, an expansion can draw back a lot of people. A good expansion launch can effectively revive a dead game; the extreme example is FF14.

So cycling into the next expansion quicker, provided the game isn’t completely dead and the expansion content hits the mark, can be a better long-term strategy even if the current expansion is never really honored, just because it has that reviving quality to the game. A lot of people look at WoW’s current expansion as having been cut short and the next expansion emphasized as part of this recovery strategy.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Obviously I go into this knowing that some players will be very upset. That’s why it’s such a tough decision.

Ankdarkwolf, Darkmikau, Ballads, Spira, Caerbannog, Cysgod, you each posted a variant of an accusation I’ve seen many times over the past few months on the forums, something along the lines of, “AN shipped half an expansion with HoT.” I take issue with that. We shipped a new region full of content, a new mastery system, gliding, guild halls, a new profession, nine new elite specializations for existing professions, and more. Then we shipped precursor journeys for existing legendaries, and said, “We’ve been working hard on new legendary weapons, the first handful of which will be introduced in Heart of Thorns, with more to come in subsequent updates.” While I fully get that you’re disappointed today, this is not about us shipping half an expansion pack.

Mo

This is the most disrespectful response to a customer base I’ve seen in awhile. You DID ship half of an expansion although I’ll go as high as 60%. Half of what came out was just reworks on core systems (many of what came out for non-HoT purchasers too) and the new region was 3 and a half maps. GW2 managed those same things in feature packs before you announced expansions. Those were free! When you get $50-$100 per person, I expect that the least you can do is finish what you promised on the “box” and you hire more people if needed. Sad…

I’ve noticed MO is kinda disrespectful. but try not to get on his bad side, he actually gave me an infraction and removed the comment I made that earned my place in his response because he didn’t agree with it.

Yeah… hes definitely the ONLY person who is being disrespectful in ANYWAY what so ever! (sarcasm).
You people have done nothing but complain and point fingers and be disrespectful to ANET in this forum post (and other forums posts) but mike says something that is blunt (but not disrespectful) and suddenly hes the one in the wrong? PLEASE! the amount of QQ in just this forum post alone is ridiculous and uncalled for! you all act as though anet is taking away your newborn child and not some useless weapons that have ZERO purpose! THINK ABOUT IT! legendary weapons give you NOTHING other than “oooh i can change the stats on my staff but thats it” when you could craft a few ascended staves (and put sigils on them) for far cheaper. all this outrage is completely pointless

There are a lot of things in the world that are useless. This point is irrelevant. What is relevant that if I bought it, if I paid real money for it, I expect to get it. And yes, they were an advertised part of what I bought here. How pointless it might be to someone else is neither here nor there. I spent money on something and as a consumer I expected to get it, not be told they’re no longer working on it but “eventually” they’ll do it. Especially not with a company that already has a reputation of “eventually” meaning years or never.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Hi all,

As game director I have to make tough trade-offs. One thing I believe is that we have to focus on the core game first before taking on additional responsibilities. I wrote in the Guild Wars 2 Design Manifesto in 2010 that our vision was to create a living, dynamic world, where there’s always something to do. Let’s ensure we succeed on that front.

Mo

This is by far the best news I’ve heard in a long time!!!

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: spartan.9421

spartan.9421

And no one was “robbed” they just feel robbed, legendary weapons were pointless anyways.

So, you’re saying that if you pay for a product and you only get part of it and the company tells you that they’ve stopped working on the rest of your purchase until “eventually,” you would be completely satisfied and not feel “robbed” of part of your money?

And how fast would you be to buy another product from that same company if they haven’t delivered all you paid for on your first purchase?

Well considering i don’t care about legendary weapons because i can see how useless they truly are… yeah i wouldn’t be fazed

Worrying is like a rocking chair: You go back and forth but never get anywhere.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: IntheCoconut.3497

IntheCoconut.3497

The more I see, the more that I think that Anet just needs to back up and get back to the vision they had when the game launched. They know how to make a great game. I know people criticized season one for the temporary nature of much of the content, but the content itself was fun and entertaining. Just as importantly, the developers continually let us know how passionate they were about that content. Think back to some of the lead in (videos, in game hints, etc) activities for things like Southsun, Molten Facility, Tower of Nightmares, etc.

We’ve lost that sense of developer passion – and we have lost the unique and fun content we were getting then.

IMO, I would rather they scrapped the idea of expansions and moved to a “season pass” business model. Put the entire team back on making a living breathing world and, every 2-3 years, ask us to pay a one time cost to access the new region you have added (are in the process of adding) to the game.

Two to three years ago, we considered this a great game. Today, it feels off track. It’s time to look at the difference between now and then and get this train heading in the right direction again.

I loved this and I miss it so much. I haven’t signed into GW2 since end of November when I had my fill of HoT. I get that a lot of effort went into the expansion, and while yes, there does seem to be a big chunk of additional new features such as gliding, masteries, and specializations, I can only have so much fun with these new features if I’m just repeating the same content over and over again.

ANet needs to get back into living world, and make DYNAMIC content again that changes and gets people excited about playing. HoT introduced a lot of new “living” maps, and I like that idea, but the problem now is that everyone has experienced it ten times over and nothing has changed.

I can only think how successful they would be if they combined dynamic living world changes with the “living” maps they have for HoT. My favorite times were when I signed on and saw something new and exciting, like the Tower of Nightmares, Twisted Marionette, and other equally EPIC and exciting events. I get that living world content might not generate money, so find a way of making money off of it. I think players will pay if the quality of content is there.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Mal.1670

Mal.1670

Super disappointed. It’s bad enough that Living World was sacrificed to push out raids. Now more content we were expecting to get with the expansion is just gone. While it must be a lot of work to implement collections for each legendary weapon, there needs to be some presented reconciliation to players who had their hopes up for this. If WP is talking about potentially leaving the game, you know something has gone horribly wrong. What the heck guys.

(edited by Mal.1670)

Legendary weapons

Ashen.2907

What is the point of faster delivery of a second expansion if the first is left partially undelivered?

Expansions are effectively taken as though they’re a new game a lot of the time. An expansion draws in new players and draws back returning players. If the playerbase is diminished, an expansion can draw back a lot of people. A good expansion launch can effectively revive a dead game (for an example, FF14).

So cycling into the next expansion quicker, provided the game isn’t completely dead and the expansion content hits the mark, can be a better long-term strategy even if the current expansion is never really honored, just because it has that reviving quality to the game.

How likely to have that reviving effect is it if there is reason to doubt delivery of its promised content. Or if a significant portion of he player base is disgruntled over the previous expansion.

The way I see it HoT sales numbers ae all that Anet can really expect and they have just reduced HoT’s size below what it was sold kitten sales less han HoT’s less than stellar numbers.

The hole was already pretty deep. Anet just made it deeper.

You, as a business, tell your customers that you do not deliver products for which they have paid and you should expect them to stop buying from you.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: RustyMech.9876

RustyMech.9876

I find it interesting that this thread has received more replies and half of the number of views in two days than that of https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Personal-Story-Restoration-update

A thread that has been up for 12 months and is relating to personal story.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ticky.5831

Ticky.5831

Super disappointed. It’s bad enough that Living World was sacrificed to push out raids.

IIRC most of the raids team were outside hires.

Legendary weapons

Dinks.2478

So, you’re saying that if you pay for a product and you only get part of it and the company tells you that they’ve stopped working on the rest of your purchase until “eventually,” you would be completely satisfied and not feel “robbed” of part of your money?

And how fast would you be to buy another product from that same company if they haven’t delivered all you paid for on your first purchase?

Well considering i don’t care about legendary weapons because i can see how useless they truly are… yeah i wouldn’t be fazed

So you’re fine with people not getting what they paid for as long as its not the thing you wanted. I sure hope that the people you’re kittenting on right now are still around to return the favor when they inevitably cut the content you want.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Cancelling legendaries weapons has demoralised me – I was relying on new legendaries to keep me occupied. As much as you’d like to hide it or perhaps sit in ignorance of the fact; Legendaries were and still to this day are a major part of end game content that kept many loyal fans in your playerbase for 2 years before you announced the expansion. I’m losing faith in Anet’s ability to keep promises and it’s not a good feeling.

I did everything and anything other than work on legendary weapons for the first 2-3 years of GW2, I know alot of people who still don’t have one. Yes some people have worked on them, but just as many people got them from the TP.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Legendary weapons

spartan.9421

Mo

There are a lot of things in the world that are useless. This point is irrelevant. What is relevant that if I bought it, if I paid real money for it, I expect to get it. And yes, they were an advertised part of what I bought here. How pointless it might be to someone else is neither here nor there. I spent money on something and as a consumer I expected to get it, not be told they’re no longer working on it but “eventually” they’ll do it. Especially not with a company that already has a reputation of “eventually” meaning years or never.

Well, just like the whole “xpac being $50” stuff that went on, this will blow over and no one will care after about a month. People don’t ACTUALLY CARE they just want to complain, that’s all this is, is just people complaining. Not because they care, but because they can.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I don’t know about you, but I’ve got a bridge to sell this guy.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Legendary weapons

Ashen.2907

The game itself is no more inherently useful than legendaries, so would you remain unfazed if your account was put on indefinite suspension?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Are you saying it’s a smart idea to slow down the development of the next expansion?

yes. If this is how this expansion is going, then 100% YES. Or do you want another expansion disaster?

Legendary weapons

Just a flesh wound.3589

And if the next expansion has something you do want, but after paying for it they tell you that they took people off the creation of it so that it will be “eventually” like all the other “eventualies” in this game, will you still not be fazed?

It’s shortsighted to see a company not deliver on what people paid real money for and think it’s a minor issue just because it doesn’t impact you directly.

ANet may give it to you.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: RustyMech.9876

RustyMech.9876

Mo

Well, just like the whole “xpac being $50” stuff that went on, this will blow over and no one will care after about a month. People don’t ACTUALLY CARE they just want to complain, that’s all this is, is just people complaining. Not because they care, but because they can.

Maybe you do not care, but I do. New maps and new legendary weapons were the only reasons that I purchased HoT.

Legendary weapons

spartan.9421

So you’re fine with people not getting what they paid for as long as its not the thing you wanted. I sure hope that the people you’re kittenting on right now are still around to return the favor when they inevitably cut the content you want.

Legendary weapons are completely useless why are people making such a big deal about this? Do you truly honestly care or are you just complaining because you’re mad? Are you that heartbroken by anet scrapping the legendary weapons? Or just mad/upset because it wont happen? It was a dumb move on their part, sure. But in the grand scheme of things, it really doesn’t effect much.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Mal.1670

Mal.1670

To the people saying it’s better to have more of the team working on content updates, I can see where you’re coming from. But legendary weapon releases ARE content updates. The time you spend in game working on that collection and the materials are the incentive to go back and replay the maps that maybe you haven’t touched since December. One would think the “legendary team” could make more than one legendary weapon in six months, but alas. It’s completely incorrect to say that legendary releases involve no new content updates. ArenaNet have always been excellent at motivating players to replay old content and still feel satisfied.

Also, combine this with the disappointingly infrequent content updates we do get. Broken promises + no desirable updates for the majority of the playerbase = not the best situation.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

I find it interesting that this thread has received more replies and half of the number of views in two days than that of https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Personal-Story-Restoration-update

A thread that has been up for 12 months and is relating to personal story.

Drama threads will always have more views and back and forth angry debate replies.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Mo

Actually, I think this situation is very different. When you have people like Wooden Potatoes, who is obviously an adamant fan of GW2 (and many of us still are fans), talking about things that could cause him to “abandon the franchise,” then you know there is something amiss and worth consternation and ongoing discussion.

Things have snowballed. I think Anet’s intentions the past 1.5 years were good, but they either made some serious missteps or were a little too ambitious and ended up with a game they couldn’t properly maintain and sustain. Either way, I believe it is fully within their ability to right the ship, but they may have to make some very painful (hopefully for the company more than the customers) decisions.

Also – I think they need to be honest with themselves. The thing holding back living world was never legendaries (which are part of the living world). It is the expansion model they have adopted and the decision to include a new instanced game mode (not saying the expansion model or raids are necessarily bad, just that they have pulled resources when they shouldn’t have).

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

Legendary weapons

Dinks.2478

Legendary weapons are completely useless why are people making such a big deal about this? Do you truly honestly care or are you just complaining because you’re mad? Are you that heartbroken by anet scrapping the legendary weapons? Or just mad/upset because it wont happen? It was a dumb move on their part, sure. But in the grand scheme of things, it really doesn’t effect much.

Incorrect, Legendary weapons are content. The journey is content. The weapons are nice skins. They are fun to make and fun to have. You’re making all this noise about how they are useless when in reality they are not useless. No more useless than any other form of content in the game. Just last week I was starting my hunt for all the account bound components for the next HoT Legendary in anticipation. I already crafted HOPE and was looking forward to a new mace, maybe a new focus eventually. Now I have no reason to do HoT maps, so what do I have to log in for? Why should I buy the next expansion if I can’t trust anet to deliver their main selling points?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

But I’m not here today to make predictions or promises. I’d rather we start by shipping, then talk about what we shipped.

Mo

So, business as usual. ’k…

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Sulfarius.1756

Sulfarius.1756

So….

Why can’t you just make all legendary weapons of season 2 and put them in the game with the old crafting system… and then slowly work on adding the journeys to them one by one?

Those that care about the legendary skins only will be happy and those that care about the journey can look forward to new content for them. Everyone wins. I can’t believe it would take you too long to make some legendary weapons, seeing as you just litter the gemstore with skins, sometimes with particle effects, over and over and over.

Please show us you care about delivering all the content that should’ve been in the expansion from the start.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

But I’m not here today to make predictions or promises. I’d rather we start by shipping, then talk about what we shipped.

Mo

Also “be happy with what we ship, not what we promise to ship”

aka

You better take what MO gives you, and you better love it, because you arent getting what we said you would. you get what we feel like.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

I won’t diminish the opinions of those who wanted legendary weapons, I could care less myself but that said it is all about setting dangerous precedence. If you don’t say anything when something like this happens then it can become an established practice which in the end hurts all areas of the game ultimately hurting every GW2 player. Now from what I have read in Mo’s comments it seems they are committed to shipping good quality product and no longer promising things up front. This in itself can be problematic because people need some information to go on or they get distracted by other things and move on, what should happen is the director needs to know his personnel’s capabilities down to the last detail so when they say they can do something they have a pretty darn good idea it will happen, clearly that is missing right now.
If I were Mike this is where I’d start and then look at what I know to be a 99% sure case thing they are developing and give that info to the player base keeping the rest quiet until it lands because it is far easier to look good when you provide more than expected but things turn pretty ugly pretty fast if you under deliver.

Also let’s keep things in perspective, we all know that it makes zero sense to strive to complete something they know people won’t be happy with anyway, so what’s the point. In the end they need to stop the bleeding and the only sure fire way to do that is provide heaps of interesting good quality content, now this will depend on what is really shipped not what they perceive to be heaps of content. The one life lesson I’ve never seen fail is that perception matters regardless of whether the customer is right or wrong it’s how you are perceived. HoT was not a lot of content, they knew it and tried to dress it up to look like it was more than it really was but in the end that blew up in their face and even Mike knows it. What’s funny is you could see it in the faces of those who were present during the live unveiling of the actual HoT expansion, everyone was waiting for the big thing to drop and sadly it never did.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

(edited by Vlad Morbius.1759)

Legendary weapons

spartan.9421

Mo

Actually, I think this situation is very different. When you have people like Wooden Potatoes, who is obviously an adamant fan of GW2 (and many of us still are fans), talking about things that could cause him to “abandon the franchise,” then you know there is something amiss and worth consternation and ongoing discussion.

Things have snowballed. I think Anet’s intentions the past 1.5 years were good, but they either made some serious missteps or were a little too ambitious and ended up with a game they couldn’t properly maintain and sustain. Either way, I believe it is fully within their ability to right the ship, but they may have to make some very painful (hopefully for the company more than the customers) decisions.

In my honest opinion i think it’s best if anet scraps legendaries and focus on fixing the game, that’s what I’ve been trying to get at. but complaining about a mishap anet made doesn’t solve anything. Maybe they should of added in all the HoT legendaries and then say they were done, probably would of been less chaos. I just hope whatever anet does works out for the better

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

It’s done. No point in arguing anymore over something that won’t change.
I gave anet money, I got some features, grindy maps, a useless guild hall and an admission from the game director that I shouldn’t trust anet’s announcements.
Fine, I acted on trust and got burned. The lesson is learned, in the future my money will go to less shady companies. Will I get burned again? Possibly. Will I get burned by anet again? Nope.

In due time, all will serve the asura.

Legendary weapons

Just a flesh wound.3589

You really don’t understand do you?

It’s a matter of money spent but product not delivered.

If you’re happy in real life to spend money and not get what you paid for, them Yay for you.

But I paid for it and I want them to keep their word and deliver what I paid my hard earned money for.

ANet may give it to you.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

I strongly believe that we will in fact entertain you. We’re a team of people who love the game that you love, and are working on things we’re confident you’ll love. But I’m not here to convince you of that, and I wouldn’t expect you to take my word for it. You can make that judgment in April, and each subsequent time we ship. I will work to make you happy, and I’ll do it by making you happy with what we ship, not with what we promise to ship.

Mo

I’ve been waiting since release for a patch that I loved and have yet to receive one in 3.5 years. At release I just wanted throw money at you, but every single patch has made me doubt and mistrust you more and more. ArenaNet has either focused on one thing to the detriment of everything else or they’ve put out thrown together things that did not work and feel like salt on a wound. WvW has needed major changes since week one and so far all we have are promises. Of course Legendaries were promised too so how much can we trust you there. I’m not sure how long you expect people to wait.

My advice, if you advertised HoT with legendaries then you put in the legendaries. Otherwise anything you announce or say cannot be trusted. If you can’t pull through on something you made a big fuss about and sold the expansion on then how are we going to trust you for anything else?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

Mo

aka

You better take what MO gives you, and you better love it, because you arent getting what we said you would. you get what we feel like.

Or maybe what he is saying is that he Isn’t going to make inflated promises like the guy before him.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Legendary weapons

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

If you’re happy in real life to spend money and not get what you paid for, them Yay for you.

But I paid for it and I want them to keep their word and deliver what I paid my hard earned money for.

And they will, but they never gave a specific time frame. Yes it sucks for people who wanted more comedy weapons, but Mo didn’t say they we would never have them, we are just not having them anytime soon. So yes rage about the decision. But let’s not pretend they have robbed us. We all knew when we got HoT that the legendary weapons would not be there at launch, only for the gen 1 legendary journey would be included, the others would follow later. We got what we payed for, what we payed for was what was with HoT at launch, not what was supposed to be coming after. We all knew what was to be added after. We all had the option to cancel our orders if what we wanted to buy was not included at launch, there for in the price of HoT.

ANet was very clear that all new content would require HoT to access it. Raids, legendary weapons LW3. All to come after, some people see this as included in the price. It never was. It was just used to hype up HoT, because lets face it. If they had told us what would be in HoT at launch, would we have payed what we did for it? Probably not all of us would have.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Legendary weapons

Dinks.2478

Mo

aka

Or maybe what he is saying is that he Isn’t going to make inflated promises like the guy before him.

The guy before him is himself. Mike O’Brien has always been at anet since the start, and hes always made the decisions…

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

For those saying this is only suspended, not canceled:

I’m an ANet fan. I have remained optimistic about the game (and still am). I know the devs are dedicated, they are trying to make an amazing, fun experience for us to play, and while of course they want to earn a living doing it they aren’t maliciously milking out the cash with deliberate false promises and substandard production. I hope that LS3 will have more mind blowing moments like Omadd’s machine and that this reassignment of personnel will help that happen. Hopefully more smoothly than would be possible with yanking six devs off the expansion and trying to get them up to speed.

I am also a lawyer, and I agree that the “indefinite suspension” language can certainly be read as “will still happen one day, we just don’t know when.” However, I have to say that is not how I read it. When a US Presidential candidate “suspends” his or her campaign that is in order to keep the campaign in existence so it can still receive contributions to help pay off the costs incurred before the suspension. No one reasonably expects that the campaign will actually resume as a serious bid for office.

Here, it’s just another way of saying “the new legendaries are still on the table, we would like to make them one day, but we have no actual plans to do so unless our resource allocation needs change.” In my opinion no one should rely on them ever seeing the light of day. Don’t grind out or buy mats for them, don’t tell others that the new legendaries will show up sometime, go forward with the assumption that the currently available ones (and the shortbow) will be all there is for a reasonable lifetime expectation of playing the game.

Presumably ANet folk are back in the office by now and doing their best to catch up with this and other threads so they can start responding to the feedback. Given how many hours this weekend it’s taken me to keep reading the thread, I don’t expect them to be instantly on top of it. I do think it’s important for them not to drop this bomb and then remain silent.

Legendary weapons

Just a flesh wound.3589

And they will, but they never gave a specific time frame. Yes it sucks for people who wanted more comedy weapons, but Mo didn’t say they we would never have them, we are just not having them anytime soon. So yes rage about the decision. But let’s not pretend they have robbed us. We all knew when we got HoT that the legendary weapons would not be there at launch, only for the gen 1 legendary journey would be included, the others would follow later. We got what we payed for, what we payed for was what was with HoT at launch, not what was supposed to be coming after. We all knew what was to be added after. We all had the option to cancel our orders if what we wanted to buy was not included at launch, there for in the price of HoT.

ANet was very clear that all new content would require HoT to access it. Raids, legendary weapons LW3. All to come after, some people see this as included in the price. It never was. It was just used to hype up HoT, because lets face it. If they had told us what would be in HoT at launch, would we have payed what we did for it? Probably not all of us would have.

Yes, “eventually”. We all know that. We read the post.

The problem is that ANet no longer has a shining, respected reputation when it comes to the word “eventually”. There are a lot of things that were started then put aside with the the promise that “eventually” they’ll get back to it and they don’t, or they haven’t.

Now, they’ve completely stopped work on them. When, exactly, are they going to restart? Before the next expansion? No, they’ll be too busy. Right after the next expansion when they’ve got bugs to fix and new projects they are working on? No, I doubt that too. Months after? They’ll be working on the next expansion won’t they? I doubt then either.

Their word “eventually” so far has meant “filed away till who knows when”, and that’s what I think they’ve done here.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Kitarpa.8143

Kitarpa.8143

I don’t get the point of working on the second expansion when you don’t have the resources to finish what was promised in the first one, lol.

I guess that’s cool, people who paid for the expansion won’t get the promised content but at least we’ll have another crap shot living story chapter to do for a week!

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

It’s the right decision. Interest in the game has dropped off the map because there is nothing new to do. Without Living World, most now just log in, get their dailies, and log right back out . . . if they even bother anymore.

That needs to change soon if Guild Wars 2 wants to survive.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Mo

This is extremely disconcerting. If you & Anet as a whole consider HoT a full expansion I’m afraid you’re out of touch with your players. This a red flag for GW2 future development & explains a lot about what has been happening.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Goldberg.4831

Goldberg.4831

Out of touch.

How many developers on the Raids that everyone one was excited for, said no one ever.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

this is not about us shipping half an expansion pack.

Mo

Yes, it is. Especially considering the price.

I don’t care about legendaries. I don’t want more ‘Living World’ nonsense.

I want a NEW CAMPAIGN. I want an Arenanet that can put out huge chunks of content like that, in a relatively short amount of time, like in the days of the original Guild Wars.

Too bad for me, I guess.

The table is a fable.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Mo

This is extremely disconcerting. If you & Anet as a whole consider HoT a full expansion I’m afraid you’re out of touch with your players. This a red flag for GW2 future development & explains a lot about what has been happening.

They did put in a lot of work to create the expansion, but the amount of content that was released is not what was expected of ANet

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

This is disappointing, especially since new legendaries were advertised as being part of the HoT content, which people paid for.

That’s putting it nicely.

I realize that the development of a legendary journey is long and complicated, but this was certainly pitched as a reason to buy the expansion. There will be a lot of rightful salt over this, and ANet is pretty much explicitly stating that they intend to plug their ears about it.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

I heard, in the UK, they are either making, or have already made, legislation where digital companies will be held to the same standards as other companies, re. delivering what they have promised.

Ultimately, it doesn’t really matter if a company has delivered 50% of a product, 75% of a product, or 99% of a product; if something that was promised is not included, you should be (and normally are) entitled to a refund, on that basis alone.

…and by “promised” I mean if they stated something would be included, in their marketing material; not that they have to say the words “we promise”, for it to count, lol.

I say this, as Blizzard (ludicrously) tried to say they hadn’t used the word “promise” for various things they failed to deliver on, in WoD.

As if you have to say the word “promise”, for something to be accurately described as a promise.

It’s the kind of thing a 10 year old might try to pull, when telling his mother he hadn’t actually said he “promised” to do his homework.

You simply don’t expect that level of immaturity and evasiveness from a company run by adults and it just made them look even worse than they otherwise would have.

At least Anet aren’t trying that, here.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Nefarius.9702

Nefarius.9702

Ouch, I guess this statement hurt anet’s reputation pretty much. No matter how the choice of words of the statement is, much trust is lost.

Besides my very own opinion, this basically sums it up:

>Promise 16 new legendaries
>Get lots of $$$ from expansion sales
>Suspend development of said legendaries

And besides.. why does the developer team keep releasing tons of weapon sets for the gemstore? Then decline the further development of weapons we all waited for? o_o

Sigh.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Mo

They did put in a lot of work to create the expansion, but the amount of content that was released is not what was expected of ANet

As customer i dont care how much work they had put into it. What i want to see are results – contest worth of said 50$. HoT is expensive dlc at best or in other words boxed ls3 as i cant really call it expansion by any means.

Its too kitten small and yet they just canceled one of it major features.. just like that. At this point they can put whole company to work on “expansion” 2 but i doubt anyone will buy it after said HoT. I know i wont touch it with a stick for sure and so many others i know in game.

I already have a name for xpac2 tho.. Guild Wars 2; Heart of the White Knights

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.