Legendary weapons

Legendary weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ErazorZ.5209

ErazorZ.5209

If people working at anet dont have the expertise or the knowledge on howto meet deadlines. Ea Legendary weapons ‘team’.

Why would you even keep them in your company?

If i dont meet deadlines, i know i should get fired for not doing the job i was supposed to do. If your going to tell us that the legendary ‘team’ would take years to complete there job. Why arent you pressing the issue.

Why are you keeping them in the company and add them to the LS team if theyr too slow to meet deadlines? There is no point except ‘friendly favours’ to keep people like that at anet.

And this might just be why the community is always underwhelmed with content you deliver because theres some people at anet who just cant work efficient. If this is a recurring trend at the very least.

At the very least pinpoint us exacly the ins and outs, why the 6 people have not managed to do what theyr supposed to do in a timely manner. Because all we have now is speculation. And that the 6 ppl really arent fit for there job as game designers.

For all we know it was colins strategy to actually take 2 years to complete the legendaries and keep it all on his imaginary table of ‘stuff that doesnt get finished untill its finished’

I personally dont mind that legendaries are scrapped, dont get me wrong. But keeping the people who are doing a lackluster job in my perspective is not going to be healthy for the future of gw2 no matter where you put them. So please clarify why exacly theyve been failing otherwise people WILL theorycraft and will leave with the knowledge theyr simply donating money to amateurs who are supposed to be proffesionals.

Sure i get it they have mouths to feed, as a friend you wouldnt fire them. But lets face it your running a company, not a charity.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Did you do a company audit for Mike to come to this conclusion? Who said anything about the staff being rubbish at their job? I’m sure Mike didn’t at least!

Also, did you spot check the fire extinguishers to check they were still in date and the pins intact?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Legendary weapons

Posted by: swansea.2453

swansea.2453

Guys, I understand that you are all really upset…
I still think that what some of us fail to understand is that this is how game industry works… I explain myself… you should not buy a game because the devs promised to add more content after the release that will compensate what the game is lacking from the start, that is your fault, I’m sorry, but it is true. You can’t trust a company that far because kitten-ups happen and things change and maybe something that they really want to ship never comes to life because they can’t find a way to do it or they need too much time. It was their fault to make some of us continue to think that the ideas, that what was planned was definitive and that it was a promise, to never iterate on the issue saying that they are trying but they can’t be sure themselves to deliver, because that is how making a game works. There’s no magic wand that will make the game interesting and fun, it is a process of trying out, and some times you find that is much better to put something on hold instead of sacrificing the results. Would you prefer the Legendaries to come out half finished? Or broken? OMG anet is shipping half the work done again! That’s what you would read again on the forums.
That in my opinion is what MO is trying to do, he figured out that is not going in the right direction and instead of fake it and make people think that they are doing it, instead of shipping half backed content, he is telling us that they are placing the Legendaries on hold, it does not mean that they will never come, in the future I’m sure that they will return on them but for now they are focusing on something that have better chances to be delivered in a short time and in good state.
Still, even if things are not great recently, I look around and couldn’t find any MMO that keeps me engaged as Gw2, and I’m sure that this is the same for a ot of other people, and that is why we get so upset and feel betrayed but instead of leaving and migrate to another game we are still here complaining.

Expecting MO to say that the Hot release was a bad choice that it was a mess is not something that will ever happen! Just because, if he is still running the company it means he believes that even if things didn’t go as planned it is still a project worth the time. If MO says something like that, then you can be sure that GW2 has no future.

MO is trying to change things, obviously he is trying to do it for the better, not everyone agrees but none of us knows what is happening internally at Anet, what was the extension of the problem.
If things will be really better only time knows.
I will keep playing and if I finish every thing I like in this game, get too kittened off about some release or find something better, I will stop playing the game! If Anet doesn’t deliver any good content the next expansion isn’t worth that name I will not pay for anything else.

It seems you fail to understand how business works.
Customer pays. Provider delivers.
It’s not Customer pays. Prodiver delivers partialy and changes the deal on it’s own without consulting the customer.
It litereally doesn’t matter what the story behind the curtains is. From the customers point the only thing that we should ask is:
Did we get everything that we paid for?
And the answer to it is: no.
It literally doesn’t matter WHY – at least not to us. Same as they don’t care how we got the money to pay for their game we shouldn’t care how they are working on the promoted features.
Don’t sympatize with your seller, because as soon as you do, the seller will use your kindness – which is exactly what was and still is happening with this game.

Exactly for the life of me, I cannot understand people sympathizing with Anet on this one and saying it is ok. This effects everyone that bought the expansion. What if next O’Brien says “we are suspending work on new fractals indefinitely”, will this be OK? What if he said “We are not bringing out Legendary armor as only a small percentage of the player base will actually get the gear” is this ok too?

These features where promised with HoT if he can just drop Legendary weapons he can other features too. Wake up people, as a consumer you should get what you pay for!

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I still think that what some of us fail to understand is that this is how game industry works… I explain myself… you should not buy a game because the devs promised to add more content after the release that will compensate what the game is lacking from the start, that is your fault, I’m sorry, but it is true. You can’t trust a company that far because kitten-ups happen and things change and maybe something that they really want to ship never comes to life because they can’t find a way to do it or they need too much time. It was their fault to make some of us continue to think that the ideas, that what was planned was definitive and that it was a promise, to never iterate on the issue saying that they are trying but they can’t be sure themselves to deliver, because that is how making a game works. There’s no magic wand that will make the game interesting and fun, it is a process of trying out, and some times you find that is much better to put something on hold instead of sacrificing the results. Would you prefer the Legendaries to come out half finished? Or broken? OMG anet is shipping half the work done again! That’s what you would read again on the forums.
That in my opinion is what MO is trying to do, he figured out that is not going in the right direction and instead of fake it and make people think that they are doing it, instead of shipping half backed content, he is telling us that they are placing the Legendaries on hold, it does not mean that they will never come, in the future I’m sure that they will return on them but for now they are focusing on something that have better chances to be delivered in a short time and in good state.
Still, even if things are not great recently, I look around and couldn’t find any MMO that keeps me engaged as Gw2, and I’m sure that this is the same for a ot of other people, and that is why we get so upset and feel betrayed but instead of leaving and migrate to another game we are still here complaining.

Expecting MO to say that the Hot release was a bad choice that it was a mess is not something that will ever happen! Just because, if he is still running the company it means he believes that even if things didn’t go as planned it is still a project worth the time. If MO says something like that, then you can be sure that GW2 has no future.

MO is trying to change things, obviously he is trying to do it for the better, not everyone agrees but none of us knows what is happening internally at Anet, what was the extension of the problem.
I will keep playing and if I finish every thing I like in this game, get too kittened off about some release or find something better, I will stop playing the game! If Anet doesn’t deliver any good content the next expansion isn’t worth that name I will not pay for anything else.

It’s not Customer pays. Prodiver delivers partialy and changes the deal on it’s own without consulting the customer.
It litereally doesn’t matter what the story behind the curtains is. From the customers point the only thing that we should ask is:
It literally doesn’t matter WHY – at least not to us. Same as they don’t care how we got the money to pay for their game we shouldn’t care how they are working on the promoted features.
Don’t sympatize with your seller, because as soon as you do, the seller will use your kindness – which is exactly what was and still is happening with this game.

Exactly for the life of me, I cannot understand people sympathizing with Anet on this one and saying it is ok. This effects everyone that bought the expansion. What if next O’Brien says “we are suspending work on new fractals indefinitely”, will this be OK? What if he said “We are not bringing out Legendary armor as only a small percentage of the player base will actually get the gear” is this ok too?

These features where promised with HoT if he can just drop Legendary weapons he can other features too. Wake up people, as a consumer you should get what you pay for!

The problem here is that they overpromised with HoT, and things aren’t working out. The problem is… the company needed to change 3 years ago (When they first promised new legendaries). Now they’re in a really, really bad crunch on time and hype.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: iggy.3910

iggy.3910

If I pay in advance its because I want to beat the rush/queue, either way I expect my product not a chance I will get it. None of the people here that are upset payed for a chance to get content that was advertised. We payed for the content that was advertised.

I fully agree with you guys that this is how stuff should be. But they aren’t not on this planet. I’m certain it’s not the first time you get screwed over. So why get your panties in a twist?
Even more, Mike or whoever, had the decency of letting us know beforehand what will happen.
Even more, we already have most of the content promised. I dare to say 90%. The Legendary stuff is just a minor part…
Even more, it is more than obvious that the ANET team is not slacking off and buying hookers with our money. They provided tons of patches and constant updates (i’ll give you that they didn’t go too well, but still)
So why all the kitten-fits?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

Next GW2 Expac: Guild wars 2: Fallout Tyria

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Spira.4578

Spira.4578

I fully agree with you guys that this is how stuff should be. But they aren’t not on this planet.

Yes. Actually, they are. Maybe anet made you believe that this is not the case for their company, but it is in fact something that consumer protection fights against.

I’m certain it’s not the first time you get screwed over. So why get your panties in a twist?

Of course not. But literally, whenever I did, I did something about it and not just shrug with my shoulders. And yes, I got things solved in the way they should be solved.

Even more, Mike or whoever, had the decency of letting us know beforehand what will happen.

Did he really? Or did it already happen a few months ago and he just wanted to make it look like it’s gonna happen now? 1 weapon in 5 months. While nevermore was ingame for a few years.

Even more, we already have most of the content promised. I dare to say 90%. The Legendary stuff is just a minor part…

Legendaries, fractal leaderboards, missing guild features, missing masteries, practically non-existing WvW. Dare I say, some games gets more free content with their free expansions that what we got in this one for 50€.

Even more, it is more than obvious that the ANET team is not slacking off and buying hookers with our money. They provided tons of patches and constant updates (i’ll give you that they didn’t go too well, but still)

No, it’s not obvious. As stated before, we got Nevermore ingame for 2 years. It was recently released as a new weapon.
They fix things like “double dailis” while having problems with making a mote work for a year (blocking progression). But yea, to some extend you are right. It’s not that they are slow. They are fast when it comes to fixing things that would benefit the players and benefit their own profit (skins), while very slow when it comes to delivering content and fixes to things that players already paid for.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

If I pay in advance its because I want to beat the rush/queue, either way I expect my product not a chance I will get it. None of the people here that are upset payed for a chance to get content that was advertised. We payed for the content that was advertised.

I fully agree with you guys that this is how stuff should be. But they aren’t not on this planet. I’m certain it’s not the first time you get screwed over. So why get your panties in a twist?

What reality do you live in?

The only thing they have delivered on that was advertised is the new maps and new story.

We are 6 months in since the launch of HoT and let’s look at what we have.
4/16 (can’t remember the exact amount) new legendary weapons,
0/1 legendary armour,
0/1 legendary fotm back
1/1 pvp legendary back,
4 maps that are almost empty,
WvW which is empty,
Stronghold which is where?,
0 new fractals,
0 new dungeons as well as nerfing them to a point no one wants to run them,
2/3 raid wings of which wing 2 was cleared in 2 days,
New story which outside of the poison mastery gate was done in 2 days,
2 (maybe 3) new armour sets/skins
New elite spec weapon collections which are gated behind all sorts of stuff,
Am I missing something?

RP enthusiast

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

None of us know what was going behind the scenes at anet. Mike inherited all these problems from his predecessor. Perhaps the previous director didn’t know or understand how to manage his team successfully. I personally don’t like his decision, as the end game for me is to make legendary weps. But if this is what it takes for the greater good, so be it. This distrust we have was brought by the previous directors empty promises not the current one.

I’ll say it again because people don’t seem to understand it. Mike O’Brien isn’t new. Hes one of the founders of ArenaNets and has been President since basically its conception. To say he isn’t responsible for it’s problems is just downright ridiculous.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

the only thing the seller has to do, is deliver the product in the same exact state as it was promoted.

Not saying you are wrong but there are two sides for this coin : I never bought the original game for Fractals, PvP reward tracks, Living story (S1 and S2), EotM….. they were never promoted to be in the game during development.
If they are not allowed to change their priority because of the respect they owe to their customers then they should charge for any addition or change they did since the game launch.
So I think you can’t just conclude a seller-customer relationship, especially when the product is an MMO, by saying "the only thing the seller has to do, is deliver the product in the same exact state as it was promoted. "

Legendary weapons

Sartharina.3542

I’m only playing GW2 until Blizzard gives WoW the Dance Studio it promised for Wrath of the Lich King.

Legendary weapons

Spira.4578

“the only thing the seller has to do, is deliver the product in the same exact state as it was promoted. "

If they can’t they shouldn’t promote it. Not our problem. Theirs.
Once again – the only thing we need to know is : are we getting the content we paid for?
Answer is still no.
Fixing it shouldn’t affect the customer.
That being said – they have 100 devs (70 working on the next exp, 30 jumping between core and expec groups) as well as a dev team working on new skins ect.
They could use those to deliver the promised features that we already paid for (meaning they already sold them to us).
Tha main issue people are annoyed here is that anet is willig to work on new moneymilking content while they are willing to cut the features that we already paid for.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Darkddmaster.4695

Darkddmaster.4695

OK I would like MO or another dev to please explain to me and others what they actually mean by ‘indefinitely suspended’. I know a lot of people take this to mean CANCELLED, but when I read the post I took it as literally the ‘indefinitely suspended’, as in, work is on hold and we don’t have a time frame in mind to resume. So is this a case of ‘we are shifting devs from legendaries to Living World till we get that in a good place and can be more sustainable, then move back to legendary weapons’ or is this actually a ‘we are stopping the production of legendary weapons for the foreseeable future’? I know they probably don’t wanna say they aren’t gonna make anymore legendaries, but honestly with everyone already assuming they are cancelled, I can’t see them confirming it as too much more damage. I just wanna know if I’m wrong in believing they are on hold till they can get out of this content drought.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: iggy.3910

iggy.3910

the only thing the seller has to do, is deliver the product in the same exact state as it was promoted.

Not saying you are wrong but there are two sides for this coin : I never bought the original game for Fractals, PvP reward tracks, Living story (S1 and S2), EotM….. they were never promoted to be in the game during development.
If they are not allowed to change their priority because of the respect they owe to their customers then they should charge for any addition or change they did since the game launch.
So I think you can’t just conclude a seller-customer relationship, especially when the product is an MMO, by saying "the only thing the seller has to do, is deliver the product in the same exact state as it was promoted. "

What the man said!!!
On top of that if you add all the delays, the changes in management, the constant “ignorance” of the issues and demands we raise (all of which happened from the beginning of GW2) you might understand that you should NOT expect them to deliver 100% on any of the promises. The reason for this is that they just can’t keep up with all the kitten. If you haven’t realized this by now., you’re in for a bad time!

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

OK I would like MO or another dev to please explain to me and others what they actually mean by ‘indefinitely suspended’. I know a lot of people take this to mean CANCELLED, but when I read the post I took it as literally the ‘indefinitely suspended’, as in, work is on hold and we don’t have a time frame in mind to resume. .

Indefinitely Suspended means = on hold until we can get back to it, but we don’t have a date or time frame to give you as to when it will be.

Canceled means it isn’t going to be done and there’s no intent on returning to do it in the future.

Wording is everything. If they were going to cancel them outright they would have said so.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Legendary weapons

Dinks.2478

OK I would like MO or another dev to please explain to me and others what they actually mean by ‘indefinitely suspended’. I know a lot of people take this to mean CANCELLED, but when I read the post I took it as literally the ‘indefinitely suspended’, as in, work is on hold and we don’t have a time frame in mind to resume. .

Indefinitely Suspended means = on hold until we can get back to it, but we don’t have a date or time frame to give you as to when it will be.

Canceled means it isn’t going to be done and there’s no intent on returning to do it in the future.

Wording is everything. If they were going to cancel them outright they would have said so.

Oh man, You don’t really believe that do you?

Legendary weapons

Ranael.6423

Tha main issue people are annoyed here is that anet is willig to work on new moneymilking content while they are willing to cut the features that we already paid for.

Again : HoT was promoted as giving a new BL maps for WvW, nothing more. We got it, it was even beta tested by players and many feedbacks here were really positive. Now release went through and suddenly WvW was the worst experience most players ever had.
We never paid for the big WvW update, it was never promoted with a product… so should they drop the work on that and put WvW designer on precursor collections instead, for the sole reason we paid for it ?
The issue is much more complex than “we pay for it so give it to us now!”. It is always really hard to know in advance how players will react to every release or how many people are concerned by one thing. For example, how many people are actually affected by the delay of legendaries? It costs a lot to craft the precursors and even more to transform it into a legendary weapon. On the other hand, “repairing” WvW will affect much more people so better do this even though it was not something we paid for.
Of course this is only theoretical because devs involved in the WvW 2.0 are probably not the same as the one involved in Pre collections but the argument of “we paid for this and I want it” should also go with the " I didn’t pay for that so I don’t deserve it". Ideally we should get everything but this world is far from ideal….

Legendary weapons

Heibi.4251

Just going by the printed word. I don’t read “cancel” when they say “suspend”. If more people would calm the kitten down and read it in the openness that it was offered this thread wouldn’t contain such venom.

Instead of screaming at them offer suggestions to make their job easier so they might be able to produce the legendary weapons we would like them to. Several others, including myself, have offered ideas and compromises on the situation. The problem is the suggestions and ideas are getting lost in the screaming and yelling.

(edited by Heibi.4251)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Amaranthe.3578

Amaranthe.3578

So,you give us half an expac with hot and now you dare to chip away the promised content
Well,if yoy really think that what happened with hot is acceptable for the future ill just hang my hat and tip on out
Arividerchi

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ticky.5831

Ticky.5831

People aren’t upset that Legendaries are being delayed. They are mad Legendaries are being delayed indefinitely(no definite plans to implement any more).

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Amaranthe.3578

Amaranthe.3578

People aren’t upset that Legendaries are being delayed. They are mad Legendaries are being delayed indefinitely(no definite plans to implement any more).

Honestly im outraged at the fact that he said that hot wasnt half an ex pac
Like expac two is gonna be the same
Who on earth is gonna buy expac two after the first one was so shabby?

Legendary weapons

Ticky.5831

Just going by the printed word. I don’t read “cancel” when they say “suspend”. If more people would calm the kitten down and read it in the openness that it was offered this thread wouldn’t contain such venom.

Instead of screaming at them offer suggestions to make their job easier so they might be able to produce the legendary weapons we would like them to. Several others, including myself, have offered ideas and compromises on the situation.

Indefinite Suspension means we no reason to believe they never will be implemented.

It’s not as concrete as cancelled, but there still no reason to believe they will return to them.

(edited by Ticky.5831)

Legendary weapons

Heibi.4251

Instead of screaming at them offer suggestions to make their job easier so they might be able to produce the legendary weapons we would like them to. Several others, including myself, have offered ideas and compromises on the situation.

Indefinite Suspension means we have every reason to believe they never will be implemented.

It actually means they want to catch up on the other larger projects and then evaluate how to proceed on legendaries. Quite simple. Wipe the anger from your eyes and start thinking.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

How am I going to know in the future whether or not anything advertised before or even at release is actually going to be delivered. Thanks to how Anet is doing business now, I can’t ever trust that what they say I’m paying for is what I’m actually going to get.

And IMO, any future claims of “We’re going to have this, but it won’t all be available the day of purchase” is a big red flag telling me that this content can and probably will be cancelled at any time after I’ve already paid for it.

No, thanks. There are plenty of other MMOs where I can spend my money and NOT have this problem.

Yeah, pretty much. There is very clearly a lot of incompetence at Arenanet, and it seems like they just don’t realize it. Games that bring in much less money than GW2 and much better and more consistent development cycles.

I’m not claiming to know for certain, but I’d guess it has something to do with their over-the-top ambitions for the game and and a ham-handed attempt at pleasing too many types of people.

It’s really quite ridiculously unprofessional how often they’ve abandoned things mid development or attempted to drive something out of the game they didn’t like (i.e. dungeons) instead of devoting resources to fixing them. This is not how a functional company operates.

Legendary weapons

Sartharina.3542

Indefinite suspension is “Canceled until Further Notice”

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Whatever April update hits to make the Magus Falls zones actually tolerable better be friggin’ epic to justify a move like this.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Legendary weapons

Ticky.5831

Indefinite Suspension means we have every reason to believe they never will be implemented.

It actually means they want to catch up on the other larger projects and then evaluate how to proceed on legendaries. Quite simple. Wipe the anger from your eyes and start thinking.

No, it doesn’t mean that. If that’s the message they were intending, they should have used other wording. Indefinite Suspension means they have no plans to return to it. They may “intend” to return to it, but intentions aren’t concrete. Its that simple.

I’m not stating with certainty that they’ll never go back to working on them, but there is no certainty, and no concrete reason, to believe that they will.

(edited by Ticky.5831)

Legendary weapons

Heibi.4251

Actually:
Indefinite- not clearly defined or determined; not precise or exact:
an indefinite boundary; an indefinite date in the future.

Suspended – temporarily prevent from continuing or being in force or effect.
“work on the dam was suspended”

Canceled – to decide or announce that a planned event will not take place; call off:
to cancel a meeting.

Legendary weapons

Dinks.2478

Actually:

Canceled – to decide or announce that a planned event will not take place; call off:
to cancel a meeting.

Your literal definition of the words and their typical practical use are two entirely different things.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

Again : HoT was promoted as giving a new BL maps for WvW, nothing more. We got it, it was even beta tested by players and many feedbacks here were really positive. Now release went through and suddenly WvW was the worst experience most players ever had.
We never paid for the big WvW update, it was never promoted with a product… so should they drop the work on that and put WvW designer on precursor collections instead, for the sole reason we paid for it ?
The issue is much more complex than “we pay for it so give it to us now!”. It is always really hard to know in advance how players will react to every release or how many people are concerned by one thing. For example, how many people are actually affected by the delay of legendaries? It costs a lot to craft the precursors and even more to transform it into a legendary weapon. On the other hand, “repairing” WvW will affect much more people so better do this even though it was not something we paid for.
Of course this is only theoretical because devs involved in the WvW 2.0 are probably not the same as the one involved in Pre collections but the argument of “we paid for this and I want it” should also go with the " I didn’t pay for that so I don’t deserve it". Ideally we should get everything but this world is far from ideal….

beta tested, sure. but certainly not by the WvW Only Guilds that spend 90% of their play time in there. Otherwise said Guilds wouldnt be upset with what they got.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Hunter.6950

Hunter.6950

It’s disappointing but I understand the situation. I do suggest you update the “A Legendary Journey” post if it hasn’t been done.

Dragons’ Solstice [SoL]
Maguuma Server

Legendary weapons

Heibi.4251

Actually:

to cancel a meeting.

Your literal definition of the words and their typical practical use are two entirely different things.

Sigh. If words didn’t have meanings they wouldn’t use them. And believe it or not “cancel” and “indefinitely suspend” mean something different.

Legendary weapons

Spira.4578

What the man said!!!
On top of that if you add all the delays, the changes in management, the constant “ignorance” of the issues and demands we raise (all of which happened from the beginning of GW2) you might understand that you should NOT expect them to deliver 100% on any of the promises. The reason for this is that they just can’t keep up with all the kitten. If you haven’t realized this by now., you’re in for a bad time!

The only difference being until the HoT release the promises didn’t cost a single thing. We got exactly what was promised when we bought the game.
Any addition to the game was off the table and was therefore not something players should complain about or taken too serious.
In this case, the situation is different.
The seller said “By spending x amount of money you will get x,y,z,u and i”.
And now the seller is saying “You got x,y and z, so I find it really offensive that you think the product is incomplete for not providing u and i” as well.
A deal is a deal.
I give 50€, they give me what they were promoting.
Did I give 50€? yes.
Did they giveme what they were promoting? no.
I literally don’t care why they can’t deliver the goods in the way they were advertizing. Because it’s not the customers job to supervise the company.

There’s NO EXCUSE no matter how you look at it.

Legendary weapons

AysonCurrax.3254

It’s disappointing but I understand the situation. I do suggest you update the “A Legendary Journey” post if it hasn’t been done.

changing the headline to “A Legendary Failure” would be a good start.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Feathers.6342

Feathers.6342

It’s been a couple days and I thought on this whole thing a bit…whilst I am upset about all of it, despite my better judgement I trust you, MO. I also trust Anet. perhaps you’re just going through a rough patch and all this isn’t making it any better. Whatever’s going on I hope you clear it up soon, for the sake of the game I’ve put so many loving hours into.

Don’t fluff this up any more please, for the game’s sake~<3

Legendary weapons

AysonCurrax.3254

Actually:

to cancel a meeting.

Sigh. If words didn’t have meanings they wouldn’t use them. And believe it or not “cancel” and “indefinitely suspend” mean something different.

its called sugarcoating things. its highly unlikely that a company would be up front and say that something has been canceled. its much easier to keep your customers at bay by telling them along the lines of “will get back to it when we can be kitten d to”.

“suspended indefinetly” to “canceled” is the same as “megaserver update” to “server merges”. one is a nicer way to the other.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Hunter.6950

Hunter.6950

changing the headline to “A Legendary Failure” would be a good start.

LOL That’s true but I don’t think that would happen. Especially if they promise that they would.

Dragons’ Solstice [SoL]
Maguuma Server

Legendary weapons

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Nothing you have listed was promised with HoT. They said it would cone after launch. No time frame was given. They only thing they have really gone back on as far as the legendary weapons are concerned is the regular intervals. We knew they would not be included with HoT at launch. Same for raids and legendary armor. Bit ANet told us we needed HoT to be able to get them. So really people got HoT so they could do and get these things later, not as soon as HoT dropped. When I buy something I know I’m buying what’s in front of me. Not what is to be added later on. Would the addition of things sway people to buy HoT, of course it would, ANet knew that, that’s why they talked about these features. Features that where not included with HoT at launch, because they knew HoT didn’t offer much at launch compared to other expansions from other MMO’s or even the campaigns from GW1.

So they focuses on the things coming after, which was wrong, it did make it look like they where a part of HoT, but in reality they where not. That is why I’ve always said HoT is not an expansion, it’s a DLC season pass. The things ANet bigged up where to be added later. I’m not defending ANet, and I have no sympathy, ANet messed up by making a big deal out of things that where not finished or anywhere near being ready. Now this storm is of there own making. But at the same time people who got HoT got it knowing that legendary weapons where not included at launch, and where not all ready. That was there mistake, believing they where buying something that was not there to start with.

You wouldn’t buy a car, and the guy show you one and say, this care is great it can do allsorts of things. You can buy it right now, but the wheels will not be ready for awhile, and we don’t have a time frame. Would you buy that car?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Legendary weapons

Sartharina.3542

Actually:

to cancel a meeting.

“Indefinitely suspend” means “Canceled, but may eventually one day return to it, but not likely.”

Mike is saying “Sorry, you’re not getting the Legendaries we promised, because we can’t deliver on that promise AND all our other promises”. If he meant that we’ll see them eventually, he wouldn’t have made it clear in the initial post and follow-ups that this is terrible/regrettable news for those who were waiting for the legendary weapons to be released.

Legendary weapons

Ticky.5831

You wouldn’t buy a car, and the guy show you one and say, this care is great it can do allsorts of things. You can buy it right now, but the wheels will not be ready for awhile, and we don’t have a time frame. Would you buy that car?

Bad analogy. HoT was the product; Legendary Journeys were a service packaged with it. People buy services packaged with cars all the time(roadside assistance, warrantys, event invites, vehicle service, coupons etc) and those company’s are expected to make good on their services.

Legendary weapons

Ranael.6423

Bad analogy. HoT was the product; Legendary Journeys were a service packaged with it. People buy services packaged with cars all the time(roadside assistance, warrantys, event invites, vehicle service, coupons etc) and those company’s are expected to make good on their services.

And yet we signed a contract stating that they are allowed to discontinue these services without any warning or refunds…. and it happened to many people who tried to call the assistance service while in need

Legendary weapons

Heibi.4251

Actually:

to cancel a meeting.

“Indefinitely suspend” means “Canceled, but may eventually one day return to it, but not likely.”

Actually:

to cancel a meeting.

Legendary weapons

Sartharina.3542

Actually:

to cancel a meeting.

Actually:

to cancel a meeting.

It doesn’t kittening matter what the precise definition is. We’ll be getting the new legendaries when Blizzard releases StarCraft: Ghost.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

I’m fine with this, GW 2 really needs some new focus and in my opinion the game’s current state wasn’t that great so try what ever you like to make improvements. Time is the only thing that will tell if it was a good decision or not.

I’m not playing the game that much any more anyways of course if you guys manage to do something great and awesome with it I would happily come back but I’m just one player and my idea of great and awesome may not line up with your team’s idea of great and awesome is.

I only recently came back to the forums because I heard GW2 got a new director and I can certainly say that the game’s previous directions were not directions I was particularly fond of to say the least.

Legendary weapons

Heibi.4251

Actually:

to cancel a meeting.

Actually:

to cancel a meeting.

It doesn’t kittening matter what the precise definition is. We’ll be getting the new legendaries when Blizzard releases StarCraft: Ghost.

Yes, it does. Otherwise there was no point in ANeT even telling us their intent. They could have kept it secret and let people create a thread complaining about why the legendaries are taking so long( I’m sure there might be one). But instead they decided to be forthcoming(meaning open about it; giving out information). And now they are taking heat about it.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

No, that would be “delayed”. Indefinitely suspended is = “on hold, we may return to it someday, or we may not”.
It doesn’t mean they will definitely never return to it, but it does mean they have no plans of doing so at this point.

Also, remember, Legendary Weapons got suspended once before already… shortly after they got announced in the first year of the game.
Obviously, they got back to them eventually… with the effect that can be seen in this thread.

So, basically, if we ever hear about them again (which isn’t sure), it will still be years from now.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Legendary weapons

Ticky.5831

Actually:

to cancel a meeting.

Actually:

to cancel a meeting.

The minutiae doesn’t particularly matter. Indefinitely suspended means there are no concrete plans to continue supporting an advertised service. That violates a good faith transaction.

Yes, people are inaccurately saying the features were cancelled. No, the difference in wording doesn’t justify a change in reaction.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I just wanted to chime in and add that I agree with the decision to suspend the new Legendary Weapons.

Legendaries are enjoyed by a very small percentage of players, so if making them angry in the short term helps end the content drought that ALL players are currently suffering through, so be it.

It always sucks to be the one who eats the cut (everyone has had their turn in that barrel, so you aren’t special or being singled out this time), but the health of the entire game is at stake here so you have to look at the big picture.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Legendary weapons

Ticky.5831

I just wanted to chime in and add that I agree with the decision to suspend the new Legendary Weapons.

Legendaries are enjoyed by a very small percentage of players, so if making them angry in the short term helps end the content drought that ALL players are currently suffering through, so be it.

It always sucks to be the one who eats the cut (everyone has had their turn in that barrel, so you aren’t special or being singled out this time), but the health of the entire game is at stake here so you have to look at the big picture.

Ethically, Anet is the one that’s supposed to eat the cut here though.

As in, hire the staff necessary not to make this sacrifice, or diminish their personal creative stake in the game to make good on a product.

(edited by Ticky.5831)

Legendary weapons

Heibi.4251

Here are some of the ideas and suggestions that have been lost in all the screaming and yelling:
1. Make the HoT precursors drop from mobs in the HoT areas like the old versions did in Tyria. RNG baby. – Creating the legendary adventure is one of the primary things delaying them. Everything must work and be there.
2. Create Skin Recipes for the new legendaries. Sell them at vendors in the HoT area for a large sum in the zone currency. Then make and old legendary and skin it.
3. Unlock Legendary Armor from the Raid and make them obtainable outside of raids. That’s 18 legendaries available to make. See #1 for how to get them. Though they still have to create the legendary armor. Also make the recipe simple, like old legendaries. No adventure involved, except for dungeons and such.

That’s the 3 I’ve seen, as there is just too much venom in this thread to read every complaint, threat, and scream.

Let’s be constructive and a little more mature. Sure be upset/angry/disappointed. But be constructive in your response.